Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Sade posted:

That doesn't leave a whole lot of options, though, does it? FFI (questionably; only in the remakes), IV: After Years (seems unlikely), XI (kinda makes a lot of sense, actually), XII (already being represented in Ivalice) and XIII-2.

You forgot VIII.

Don't worry, most people did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Skaw posted:

You forgot VIII.

Gunblade users could be a fun DPS class. Maybe around the time Garleans get magical enough to be playable.

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

VIII has Omega Weapon, not Omega. Not the same design.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hunter Noventa posted:

If we're going full Mitsuda, let's get Xenogears up in here too. A fight against Grahf and his 'Magitek Giant'? Yes please.

Gaius and Ultima Weapon is almost literally this already, though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hunter Noventa posted:

If we're going full Mitsuda, let's get Xenogears up in here too. A fight against Grahf and his 'Magitek Giant'? Yes please.

Ramsus and the bimbo squad would fit right into FF14 with barely any changes needed.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Skaw posted:

You forgot VIII.

There's separate final fantasy wikia pages for Omega Weapon (in FFVIII) and Omega (not in FFVIII), so I dunno if that counts. VIII and XI would be good picks for games to steal bosses from though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ultimecia's castle would rule as a dungeon or a 24-man

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

cheetah7071 posted:

gently caress yes.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Jenrai posted:

VIII has Omega Weapon, not Omega. Not the same design.

Man, I don't care about semantics. I just want Greg to get his 8 garb, and if that involves fighting a computer simulation alternate universe version of him while he's actually inadvertently helping Hildibrand solve the crimes that he himself commits, so be it.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

cheetah7071 posted:

You can simulate Ultemcia's castle by just doing Sastasha. The core mechanic of "removing all of your abilities" and all that.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ramsus and the bimbo squad would fit right into FF14 with barely any changes needed.

Actually yeah, Ramsus as a resonant-enhanced Garlean rival to the WoL (who gets increasingly pissed every time he fails to beat you) would work pretty well. Also Seraphita is there to discuss gin and tonic futon brains.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
.....futon brain? I'm not sure if autocorrect is to blame here, or a badly-translated Japanese joke involving wind, or _an actual futon_.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

.....futon brain? I'm not sure if autocorrect is to blame here, or a badly-translated Japanese joke involving wind, or _an actual futon_.

It is a Xenogears reference.

Tolone (a cyborg) is bragging about how she has a positronic photon brain and that lets her out-think computers, let alone the protagonist. Seraphita is duly impressed by her teammate's gin and tonic futon brain. Tolone does not like Seraphita very much.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

A dumb comic relief character referring to her cyborg partner's positronic photon brain.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

TheHeadSage posted:

"I AM REVELATION!"

I wish more boss fights had voice clips in them.

STEP INTO NOTHING

Having him voiced was a very good decision.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thundarr posted:

It is a Xenogears reference.

Tolone (a cyborg) is bragging about how she has a positronic photon brain and that lets her out-think computers, let alone the protagonist. Seraphita is duly impressed by her teammate's gin and tonic futon brain. Tolone does not like Seraphita very much.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

A dumb comic relief character referring to her cyborg partner's positronic photon brain.

Oh, I hadn't considered the fourth option: The character is a mouthbreathing idiot. Got it, thanks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hunter Noventa posted:

If we're going full Mitsuda, let's get Xenogears up in here too.

Nah they should only reference actually good games.

Like Chrono Cross, the better Chrono game.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

:eyepop:

I agree

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Brave Fencer Musashi references please.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Does SE have to pay Toriyama when they use CT stuff?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm sorry for your loss.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Brave Fencer Musashi references please.

Dance... or DIE (Savage)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Widargelt, my dude, you need to pick up a paper sometime.

Edit: I can't believe this fool tried to kill me. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 7, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know what's really cool? People totally lose their poo poo if there are no markers on Hashmal. I'm talking bone zone levels of anger.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The idea of grouping up in alphabetical order from left to right, is insanely difficult and I demand you instantiate giant hovering letters to tell me where to stand

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

What is this low resolution monster in my house

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

homeless snail posted:

The idea of grouping up in alphabetical order from left to right, is insanely difficult and I demand you instantiate giant hovering letters to tell me where to stand

I'm going to stop whatever I'm doing and completely ignore mechanics for ten seconds so that I can replace all three markers that someone else can just erase with a single click.

What do you mean why did we wipe, it's obviously because we didn't have markers.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh, speaking of Khloe.

I'm sure somebody can turn this into a LongAV.... but I'm not sure you'd want to, what with how Chrome done broke that.

And a blank version!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

it's a miqo'te warrior

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm about to start up a new D&D group soonish, i'm totally stealing Argath's voicelines to use for our first encounter with a demon :allears:

A shame you can't really port over his I AM REVELATION attack smoothly into D&D or i'd steal that too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I'm about to start up a new D&D group soonish, i'm totally stealing Argath's voicelines to use for our first encounter with a demon :allears:

A shame you can't really port over his I AM REVELATION attack smoothly into D&D or i'd steal that too.

"Fool is the dog that bites its master" will definitely make it into mine.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

MechaX posted:

STEP INTO NOTHING

Having him voiced was a very good decision.

WILD AND PURE AND FOREVER FREE!

Voiced bits are good

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Fister Roboto posted:

You know what's really cool? People totally lose their poo poo if there are no markers on Hashmal. I'm talking bone zone levels of anger.

When considering all it takes is one person to be in the wrong spot to sink the raid (at least three times there have been people that have been in the wrong spot, got markers, and decided to double up with another group), if markers can make the run as idiot-proof as possible, go for it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if only there was some way to decide where A B C goes on every fight that might require it

like A being on the left because it comes first, B central because it's in the middle and C, which is on the right because it comes last.

nah, better not assume something like that, best mark the lanes on LOTA just incase people can't figure out this pure science too

finally polished off my ugly WHM stick for the sake of having it. I was already past umbrite so it wasn't really an issue.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Man I don't trust my static with cardinal directions in O2S, I'm marking up 24 mans.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

MechaX posted:

When considering all it takes is one person to be in the wrong spot to sink the raid (at least three times there have been people that have been in the wrong spot, got markers, and decided to double up with another group), if markers can make the run as idiot-proof as possible, go for it.

^

Unless your idea of fun is seeing how many times you can wipe markers is the way to go. This won't stop people from loving up however.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Funko pop has gone too far

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would start playing again if they released a dungeon or raid of Terra from FF9.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would start playing again if they released a dungeon or raid of Terra from FF9.

Especially if the finale takes place while Kuja is letting rip with Ultima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This is actually pretty good