Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

rabidsquid posted:

toplane has a ton of viable stuff but abloo bloo bloo fighters arent viable oh no. we just got done playing a season where itemization meant that non crit based adcs werent even playable. but none of them are riven so you know nows the time to panic

Also Kled is crazy strong right now and Panth is as strong as ever so it's not like top lane is the tank party it was a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

toplane has a ton of viable stuff but abloo bloo bloo fighters arent viable oh no. we just got done playing a season where itemization meant that non crit based adcs werent even playable. but none of them are riven so you know nows the time to panic

But really, gently caress Riven.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

njsykora posted:

I mean Skarner's been in the dumpster where he belongs for about 5 years so the system works.

Skarner was decent to good for seasons 4-7 even though no one played him, until this preseason where he finally actually sucks now

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i feel like i see more posts about yorick in this thread than ornn which is really weird

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Yeah ornns broke WE KNOW KYLE

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Champion discussion is a narrow beam to walk between saying Hey you know who's a good champ? Ornn & Kassadin on one hand and saying you know who's a good champ? Mid Olaf on the other hand... got to find the middle path.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

The one thing you NEVER want to do is call Ratigan a rat, trust. Me.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Radical posted:

i feel like i see more posts about yorick in this thread than ornn which is really weird

:thunk:

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

The change to press the attack is going to hurt project: vayne a lot, since a tumble with silver bolt proc could chunk someone for like a third of their health pretty early in the game this patch

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
no, im the fire below the mountain. you have me confused with the other guy

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Vayne is so broken even I can play it now

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Bank of Draven is pretty fun this patch.

Klepto and Triumph for maximum gold generation, have 4 items at 22 minutes

Its like farmer's market, but there's no debt, you just buy stuff

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Bank of Draven is pretty fun this patch.

Klepto and Triumph for maximum gold generation, have 4 items at 22 minutes

Its like farmer's market, but there's no debt, you just buy stuff

I love going into debt to buy locally sourced fruits and vegetables at a farmer's market

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

gowb posted:

I love going into debt to buy locally sourced fruits and vegetables at a farmer's market

#lateStageCapitalism

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah but the pickrates and banrates. also teemo has like twice the pickrate with a comparable winrate. seemed like a weird champion to specifically single out in toplane when hes kinda a fringe pick even though hes pretty good right now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

People aren't banning Yorick because even though Yorick's rework helped him in popularity he's still really niche, but he's definitely picking up some steam.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Monathin posted:

People aren't banning Yorick because even though Yorick's rework helped him in popularity he's still really niche, but he's definitely picking up some steam.

Maybe he'll get another skin with 5 years.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

riot is going to write a horny champion update where they rename him vorick and give him tahm kench devour

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

tahm kench is already the vore champion we deserve

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Monathin posted:

tahm kench is already the vore champion we deserve

Kog Maw and Kha'Zix are all about killing and eating the enemy as well. This may not qualify as Vore though, I have thankfully not done any research at all into the nuances of Vore

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Khazix's whole Alien Evolution thing is more center stage for him and Kogmaw dissolves you by spitting incredibly deadly acid. Tahm Kench swallows you whole.

That's all you need to know and all I'm even willing to go into in this thread cause yikes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cho'gath eats things. He gets bigger when he does too.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Built in voice chat is coming but will only be available to parties, which is pretty much the best way they could have handled it IMO.

Other party stuff too but it's just QOL stuff.

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/dev-upcoming-party-changes/

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Aerox posted:

Built in voice chat is coming but will only be available to parties, which is pretty much the best way they could have handled it IMO

That... honestly makes implementing in-game voice chat abso-loving-lutely pointless. I'm already on voice comms with 90% of the people I premade with, what I need is the ability to make my idiot jungler realize that I'm at 15% health, 5% mana, my TP is up, that Darius has just bought and returned to lane and all his idiotic gank attempt is going to achieve is give him a double kill. At least give us an ability to party up with people in the champion select.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 6, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah it you're going to make voice chat party only why even bother? Nearly everyone has discord these days.

Just make it everybody but make it opt in

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can't believe that speaking with most of the smoothbrain idiot bitches that I meet in solo queue would improve my experience

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Teikanmi posted:

I can't believe that speaking with most of the smoothbrain idiot bitches that I meet in solo queue would improve my experience

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Aerox posted:

Built in voice chat is coming but will only be available to parties, which is pretty much the best way they could have handled it IMO.

Other party stuff too but it's just QOL stuff.

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/dev-upcoming-party-changes/

Yeah I can live with that, that's a very reasonable compromise.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
im gonna meet that special teemo player over voice chat and fall in love.....

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

No one suggested auto on

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

No smite udyr claims another easy victory

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

MF was good all last season

Actually come to think of it in worlds a lot of people were running rageblade varus/kog as well.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 7, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If they made voice chat optional but open you'd get the same problem Overwatch has where people using voice rage at people who aren't using voice.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean they already rage at people for any situation at all so that’s not really any different

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

There were like 4 different adc "eras" during last season ranging from lethality to attack speed to standard crit builds with nearly every adc in the game being top tier at some point but the adc player's complaint is actually always the same: it's not season 2.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

There were like 4 different adc "eras" during last season ranging from lethality to attack speed to standard crit builds with nearly every adc in the game being top tier at some point but the adc player's complaint is actually always the same: it's not season 2.

its so weird how this is similar to the top lane thing. nobody can figure out what crazy connection there is here. anyways bla bla bla lmao, keven out

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Wasn't kennen also a ADC pick until nerfs swiftly came in?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

not only was kennen an adc every single adc meta happened at the same time and they were all viable together, which is why top laners are right to be mad that aatrox isnt good at the moment

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
People on Reddit who argue about champion viability and meta who are in like silver will never stop being cute

Not rank shaming really but like anything works in an elo where people make so many dumb mistakes and movements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

People on Reddit who argue about champion viability and meta who are in like silver will never stop being cute

Not rank shaming really but like anything works in an elo where people make so many dumb mistakes and movements

Rank shaming is perfectly valid, silvers and golds are really vocal about balance and really bad and people with the proper game knowledge to get to mid-high diamond by themselves are worth 2-3 silver players and can run consistent 90% winrates in the lower leagues.

I hear something along these lines every day or two and I swear I'm going to snap if I got to listen to another wood league player spend 20 minutes talking about how his lane opponents champion is "so op" "does so much damage" "I can't do anything to him" "riot can't balance anything" like it's the first time anyone has ever seen that champion in the game before as he continues to die and feed the middling strength pick like mundo, trundle or mordekaiser or whatever.