Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Why would you be a pilot and marry. What a dumbass

Your second family is getting suspicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Those never cover suicide Barudak. Come on, you know that.

Actually, that's generally a myth.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Family Feud episode where a man who is the father of both families shows up, comes up with increasingly contrived methods to conceal it

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I think they cover suicide if it's been long enough since you bought the policy. Like two years or something.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

girl pants posted:

I think they cover suicide if it's been long enough since you bought the policy. Like two years or something.
2-3 years is the typical lead time on a suicide payout.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My (21F) boyfriend’s (22M) Father(44M) made a pretty aggressive pass at me a few days ago. Should I tell my boyfriend or just leave it alone?

Eh, what could be the harm in-

quote:

So, I am supposed to be staying at my boyfriend’s house for the next few weeks until next semester starts. We came back home for Christmas break. I decided to come with him for Christmas because we were with my family for Thanksgiving.

Ever since I got here his dad had been acting very weird with me. Calling me weird nick names while my boyfriend was not around. One was “Hershey”. He asked me if his son “enjoyed my chocolate milk.” and another time he told me “I looked like a bowl of cold chocolate ice cream on a summers day.” Just really weird, corny and cringeworthy sh*t but I laughed it off because his dad has always been awkward about us dating. (We’re from down south so hopefully that gives it some context as to why.) I just assumed that was his weird way of relating to me, I guess.

So, I woke up in the middle of the night a few nights ago to use the restroom. My boyfriend’s bathroom had been having troubles so I had to use the one in their hallway. As I was coming out I ran into his father. There was an awkward silence before I said a quick hey and tried to step around him but he stepped the same way and essentially blocked me in the doorway of the bathroom.

He stood there watching me for a moment and then said “My son is sleep. Maybe we could have some fun. You know, just me and you.” Now me being me, I’m a goofy person naturally so I laughed it off, said goodnight and tried to move around him again but he blocked me that time also. I knew he was serious when he grabbed my arm and tried to pull me toward his room. Rather forcibly I might add. I asked him to stop as quietly as I could as to not wake up my boyfriend. I guess he thought I was playing hard to get. He didn’t let me go until he saw that I was about to cry. I was genuinely scared.

He made me promise not to tell my boyfriend because he didn’t want to “ruin their relationship”. However, now I am so nervous around him and my boyfriend is starting to pick up on that. Anyone who knows me knows I’m always laughing, talking or joking about something. It’s no wonder He sensed that something was up. Now, I really want to go home to my family but if I say that I know my boyfriend will ask why. He asked me several times today what was wrong and I just told him I’m getting sick.

His dad has apologized multiple times but it’s the fact that it even happened. I want to tell him but I don’t want to be the cause of any family drama. He is extremely close to his dad and his mom passed years ago. I am still creeped out right now. I honestly can not believe this just happened.

TLDR; What should I do? Tell him or just leave it alone?

:stonk:

You absolutely need to tell your boyfriend that his dad is disgusting.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Can you take out life insurance on a random person? If so, I'd like to take out life insurance on Lowtax.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Blade Runner posted:

Family Feud episode where a man who is the father of both families shows up, comes up with increasingly contrived methods to conceal it

Want this to happen. Wracking my brain with scenarios where it doesn't involve him having a twin fill in for him. Initial thoughts involve fake moustaches, frequent bathroom breaks, and having a crippling coke addiction for the sake of keeping up appearances.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Throwback in case anyone missed it!

I [20 M] entered into a devil's threesome with my girlfriend [18 F] of over a year, royally hosed things up and I'm not sure what to do.

quote:

My girlfriend and I are extremely close, we love one another very much and have loved each other longer than we've been actually together. Sex is important to us, especially because I'm the one who took her virginity early on in the relationship, and we're always very open and talkative.

We had been talking about an open relationship, me really being the main proponent because I'm 20, stupid, and liked the idea of being able to sleep around, but one of us always had some sort of issue. Slowly I saw her start to come around to the idea, and I had a friend who had just moved into town that I knew she found really attractive. He was going to come hang out with us and play video games and drink. This is where I began to gently caress up.

I suggested to her that we try a threesome. He was down for it, she wanted it but was nervous, and I was drunk, so my sense of "the idea of you with another man makes my skin crawl" was inhibited, so at about 6 am, my friend and I started kissing her. He was very aggressive about the way he handled her, not violent, but assertive, which made it difficult for me to do anything. This was problem #1.

We were all finally naked, and I told her to start blowing him while I applied lube to myself and her, thinking I could gently caress her while she blew him. He decided instead that he was going to pull her on top of him and started loving her. I had told him that we were all going to share each other, that was established, and yet here he is essentially commandeering my girlfriend. I wanted to deck him - the alcohol was wearing off, I was upset and angry, but she looked liked she was genuinely enjoying herself........so I bit my tongue. That was my second gently caress up, not stopping it when I had the power to.

What was a supposed to be a threesome turned into 45 minutes of watching my friend plow my girlfriend while he pretty much barred me from doing anything. I got maybe 3 minutes of actual sex. My own girlfriend wasn't even attempting to include me, her attention was on him. I ordered him to leave.

She and I have had many conversations in the past 24 hours about this happening. The fact that she had sex with another man doesn't bother her, even though she has sworn this entire relationship up until this event that being with another man was out of the question for her. I no longer want an open relationship, I can't bring myself to be with another girl now, but now she actually wants an open relationship.

My anger subsided, she and I resolved to stay together because we love each other. We had sex last night and it was some of the best we ever had. She proceeded to break down crying, talking about how much she loved me and how much she cared about me and how sorry she was all of this happened.
It's my fault. It's my fault it happened. But I can't get it out of my head, the image of him loving her, the anger associated with that. I can't view us in the same light anymore, but I'm the only one bothered by it. So my choices are to get over it or leave.
What do I do? How can I get over what I've caused?

tl;dr: Had threesome with girlfriend and close friend (M) because I thought it would result in my having the freedom to sleep around, back fired, don't want an open relationship, pretty much watched my friend gently caress my girlfriend for 45 minutes, and now I can't think of our relationship without my skin crawling. Don't want to leave her, how do I get over this.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

What was a supposed to be a threesome turned into 45 minutes of watching my friend plow my girlfriend

New thread title

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Can you take out life insurance on a random person? If so, I'd like to take out life insurance on Lowtax.

Brown Moses will probably get assassinated by the Kremlin first.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Original and update.

Me (25F) with BF (31M) are these red flags or just adjusting to each other? (together 3 months)

quote:

I'll refer to my bf as X. To put things into context, he comes from a powerful and wealthy family in my city (relevant later). Things started off peachy - he was always affable, pleasant, and accommodating. However, I'm starting to realize certain issues which have me questioning everything.

Incident #1:

He got mad at me because he felt I wasn't appreciating an expensive present. He got me a specialized tech gadget which cost about 4k. I was a bit surprised by it as I'd never mentioned any inclination towards this gadget (I'm really not very tech-y at all) and he'd never asked me about it. Also, this gadget is something which requires a lot of time and practice to use. To be honest, I was also very concerned that it had cost so much - if I had known I would have just told him to get me something less expensive. Anyway, I still thanked him and said that I appreciated it very much. A week or so later, he asks me if I had used it yet to which I answered no but would eventually get round to it. He got upset and repeatedly asked me if he had just wasted his time and effort and money and told me that if that was the case, I should just dump the thing.

Incident #2:

He blew up at me when I was at the gym at midnight. Fitness is very important to me so I always make sure to go to the gym consistently. I usually go right after work which ends at 6pm, however sometimes life happens (friends want to meet up, overtime, dinner, I get distracted reading / watching videos / etc) and I go later. One day I went at 1030pm (Before I left I told him I was heading to the gym) and he said 'Okay' then silence so I assumed he was doing his own thing and off I went and had a good workout. I was done around 12am, checked my phone and there was 12 missed calls from him. I immediately called him back and was met by him yelling at me demanding to know why I hadn't been answering my phone, didn't I know what time it was, didn't I know what sort of impression it was giving for me to be around other half-naked sweaty guys this late, he was too old to be chasing his girl around in the middle of the night, etc. I was honestly shocked at this because even when we started dating I would tell him when I went to the gym (even late) and he didn't seem to have any issues.

Incident #3:

He told me he didn't feel attractive nor desirable when I asked if we could reschedule to one hour later. We planned to meet up on Saturday afternoon. On Friday night, he called me and we ended up talking on the phone til pretty late around 3am. Because of that, I overslept on Saturday and woke up late. I texted him telling him I overslept and I would probably be taking an hour or so more to come over. He told me that he felt I didn't seem interested in him or our relationship anymore and that he was the only enthusiastic one. I tried to tell him that it wasn't the case, I just needed some more me time (it's the weekend and my only time to sleep in!) but he still told me he didn't feel loved in this relationship and that we didn't see each other enough. (Context - we usually see each other one day during the work week and I spend the weekend at his.)

Incident #4:

He told me I was going to get us into a fight. We were getting ice creams, we were laughing, and everything was going great. We were sitting in the ice cream parlour and he playfully put his hand on my knee (which I don't mind, I actually find that pretty cheeky and cute). Then he started to move his hand higher up my thigh to which I told him to stop (I was still smiling and laughing). He didn't though and I said again " I said stop, cut it out. " but he still kept going and I told him I was going to yell and I said " Stop! " loudly. Immediately the whole mood dropped and he told me that I could have gotten us into a fight - what if someone had reacted badly and attacked him, and he retaliated, and everyone could have gotten into trouble.

Incident #5:

He got mad when I talked to another guy. We went on a holiday recently and signed up for a tour which was 8-9 hours - pretty long time to be spending with the same bunch of people all going to the same places and doing the same things together! On the same tour was another guy (I'll call him A) around our age who was travelling alone and X and him got talking (about guy stuff, work, sports, current issues, idk) and they seemed to like each other really well. I was happy that X had made a friend and they were getting along and I just chilled and let them be. At the end of the tour when we were heading back I also got into conversation with A about what he thought of the tour, what else he was going to do on this trip, etc etc. All along my conversation, X kept butting into the conversation asking me abrupt irrelevant questions completely unrelated to the context of my conversation with A so I wasn't very responsive as I was engaged in my conversation. When we got back, X told me that he had felt I had ignored him and was more interested in A than I was spending time with him.

He also said that if we had been back home, he would have told A to get lost so that the two of us could just spend time together, but because we were here, in a foreign country, if A had reacted badly and they had gotten into a fight and all of us ended up in a police station we would be screwed because nobody knew of him nor his family in this place.

Incident #6:

He was getting me to apply sunblock on him because he 'didn't want to get his hands dirty'. It started off as him asking me to put sunblock on his back (I'm okay helping him with that because he can't reach it himself) and then he just told me that I should go on and do the rest - which I found kinda funny and princessy of him so I did. But by the third day of our trip I was getting tired of it and told him that he just sunblock himself - I would help him with his back if he couldn't reach but he could drat well do the rest on his own. He said 'but my hands will get dirty' and I responded 'oh so it's okay for me to get my hands dirty but not okay for you'? He made a face and said 'well this is new - I've never dated a girl like this' (still stuck to my guns though and did not apply sunblock on the rest of him)

Incident #7:

He told me that my past bothered him. When I was younger I was very sheltered and very religious. A few years ago I realized that I had no clue about dating / being physically intimate, etc. As a result I ended up hooking up casually for a while before realizing that casual isn't for me and I focused on purely dating to know someone better (without sleeping with them) and focusing on looking for lasting relationships. I was honest with X about this (that I went through this phase of casual hookups) before I met him. At the time when I shared this with him, he seemed okay and told me that he had also done similarly when in the college phase. However, we were talking about it again recently and he told me that 'it's different for guys than it is for girls' and that he felt that what I had done was bothersome to him. I countered that I had been honest, it was a while ago, and I am happy and comfortable with the person I am today regardless of anything in the past- and if this was an issue for him he should not have gotten into a relationship with me. In fact, I told him that if this was something he couldn't get past then he could go ahead and move on right away.

Incident #8:

He (sort of) broke up with me but ended up not going through with it. When I told him that he could go ahead and move on if he couldn't get past my sexualhistory, he paused for a while, then said 'Well, I did try'. To which I wasn't sure if this was him asking for a breakup so I asked 'Does this mean we're done?' and he said 'I guess'. He started to leave and I told him 'take care and all the best'. As he was going about gathering his stuff, he kept saying things like 'I'm sorry we couldn't make it work' 'I did really have a good time' etc etc and I said 'You don't have to apologize or try to make me feel better. It's fine really. '

He hesitated and said 'Are we both sure that this is what we both want?' I said to him 'Well it seems like it's what you want.' to which he said 'No, it's not what I want! I thought it was what you wanted' which I said I meant that if he couldn't get past my history, he could go ahead and move on but otherwise I was willing to continue our relationship. We eventually ended up.. not breaking up lol. After that he told me that it bothered him that I could have let things go so easily.

So, I don't know, am I just being irrational or is this legit? Are we still 'getting used' to each other and can we make this work?

Tldr: Please help me figure out if these are red flags or I'm being illogical.

Well this seems pretty clear cut. Eight incidents in three months? Good thing she dumped him in th-

[Update]: Me (25F) with BF (31M) are these red flags or just adjusting to each other? (together 3 months)

quote:

Original post here:

/r/relationships/comments/78lfq0/me_25f_with_bf_31m_are_these_red_flags_or_just/

After making the post, I re-evaluated the relationship and had a talk with X. Against my better judgement, I decided to give him another chance.

Anyway, I'll get to the incident which was the straw which broke the camel's back.

Last Sunday, I enquired whether we could spend the coming Friday night together so we could get an early start to the weekend. He replied that he would let me know how his schedule worked with that.

The following day (Monday), I received a dinner invite for Friday from a bunch of good friends. Since X hadn't confirmed with me on his schedule yet, I assumed things were still up in the air with him so I accepted the invitation.

I informed X that I would be doing dinner with my friends, so I would be meeting him a couple of hours later than I had initially suggested. He FLIPPED OUT on me.

He yelled and screamed at me on the phone, cursing me out and demanding to know who was so loving important I was going to meet. He asked me if a frivolous dinner with mere friends meant more to me than spending time with my SO.

I responded that of course I valued my SO's, however there were other people I also liked to have in my life. He told me I could go and date those people then.

He went on at how I was incredibly disrespectful towards his time and that I was jerking him around. I told him that I didn't see how that counted as being disrespectful of his time since it was only Monday and the invite was for Friday - I was keeping him updated of the dinner way in advance so that he could plan his time for those couple of hours ; it wasn't as though I was pushing plans back at the very last minute or even cancelling on him.

I told him that in my perspective, since he had yet to get back to me on his schedule I had the impression that we weren't confirmed hence accepted the invite. I also told him that from my point of view, when I make plans with someone for the whole weekend and they push things back a couple of hours (for whatever reason) it wouldn't be a big deal to me so I didn't see why he was being so drastic.

He then said to enjoy myself with my friends and that he hoped the dinner would be worth the cost of our relationship. I responded 'ok'.

There's still some stuff that both of us have at each other's places though so we're meeting up later this week to return things.

Tl;dr - he made things easy by breaking up with me.

Well we got there eventually.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

WampaLord posted:

What was a supposed to be a threesome turned into 45 minutes of watching my friend plow my girlfriend

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Also everyone is telling her to bring someone else when she goes to pick up her stuff, and that’s probably a smart play.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't, sorry!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Over There posted:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

WampaLord posted:

You absolutely need to tell your boyfriend that his dad is disgusting.

Given the Deep South context here, you just know there's some weird icky racial prejudice stuff going on. I mean, back before the civil rights era (and no doubt therefore how dad here was brought up by his dad), a white dude could pretty much grab a young black chick and do what he wanted to her without any hope of legal comeback so he probably figured the same dynamic still applied.

And, yeah, tell your boyfriend holy poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Do you think around the 20 minute mark they took a break to hydrate up before continuing?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Accidental self-cuckold is funny af, but I'm amazed at how transparent his account is. "Oh yeah, I wanted an open relationship to sleep around and I'm a huge loving retard and hypocrite. But that aside, help?"

Hope she dumps him and hooks up with his friend. I also find it the weirdest brag(?) at the start "Sex is important to us, especially because I took her virginity.". Uh what difference does that make? Is it like a bonus point modifier for the rest of the relationship?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Some women treat it that way, this one clearly doesnt because she took a 45 minute trip to bonetown.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Over There posted:

I [20 M] entered into a devil's threesome with my girlfriend [18 F] of over a year, royally hosed things up and I'm not sure what to do.

So much lol at this loving retard.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

We had been talking about an open relationship, me really being the main proponent because I'm 20, stupid,

Well at least he's got an accurate self image

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

blarzgh posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't, sorry!
If you could you'd basically be shorting a random person's lifespan, so I like how what probably started as a non-fraud measure is now just "well, you know this dude's a fatass better than we do..."

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Over There posted:

Stunning self own there, buddy.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

you guys are talking like you've never participated in a death pool before

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
owned himself so hard even people in china could feel the shock wave of every sweaty ballslap. 神圣的狗屎

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Fun fact: this was the source of my first ban. If you go to my rap sheet you can see a picture I found of him on reddit on the page after my ban.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Jeza posted:

you guys are talking like you've never participated in a death pool before
Excuse me, in the insurance industry we call it a tontine
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tontine

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

Excuse me, in the insurance industry we call it a tontine
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tontine

That's pretty rad. I was thinking more of the "Group of people put in money into a pot and estimate who will die first out of a group of names, or when a particular person will die. The winner takes the whole pot." variety though.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Guy's a dumbass, but devils threesome dude needs better friends. Imagine such an rear end in a top hat that you push a guy out of a threesome with his own girlfriend, no way he'll invite you back after that (but he'll definitely be loving the girlfriend on the side).

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I think that's less life-insurance and actually a death raffle, and yes, you can.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Outrail posted:

Guy's a dumbass, but devils threesome dude needs better friends. Imagine such an rear end in a top hat that you push a guy out of a threesome with his own girlfriend, no way he'll invite you back after that (but he'll definitely be loving the girlfriend on the side).

After (or before) they break up there's definitely gonna be a round 2

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Why didn't he start with the kind of threesome that involves another lady joining the picture?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
In which an adult woman attempts to prey on a teenage boy and gets owned in the update.

I [20/F] have an inappropriate crush on my friend/coworker [16/M]. I’ve tried stopping it before but I can’t get him out of my mind and it’s affecting my life.

quote:

The age of consent in my state is 16.

Please bear with me and allow me to explain myself. I know this is seriously messed up. I’m a 20 year old woman who has a crush on a 16 year old teenager. I know it’s not right.

I knew this guy when I used to go to his high school. We didn’t talk much until I graduated and started going to college. He messaged me out of nowhere. I didn’t want to be rude so I replied to his messages. I learned that we had a lot in common and he was more mature than most teenagers his age. I’ve been talking to him everyday ever since.

This crush developed when he started working at my job. We see each other a lot through work, and occasionally we have to work together. I’ve had this crush on him for six months. I tried getting rid of it three months ago but I couldn’t help myself. I found it too hard.

It only got worse after I asked if he wanted to get dinner with me. He asked if it was a date. I lied to him and I said no. I dressed up and wore makeup. I wanted to look my best for him. He was surprised to see me like this, he complimented my looks and my heart turned to mush. We had a really great time together, it was clearly a romantic date. I tried kissing him but then I stopped myself. Everything I did here was wrong, I should’ve never acted on my feelings by asking him out on a date.

I’ve tried everything. I tried limiting my contact with him, but I see him every week at work. If we haven’t talked for a while he’ll ask me why and I’ll relapse. I’ve tried focusing on his negative aspects but I can’t see any. I find everything about him endearing. I love his smile, his jokes always make me laugh, I love the smell of his hair. The way he talks to me gives me a warm feeling.

He’s very intelligent and well spoken. He’s a grade ahead of his peers, which means he’ll be going to college when he turns 17. The problem is he’s going to my college, which means I’ll be seeing him more than I already do.

I get jealous when he talks to the women at our work, he’s a really sweet and charming guy. I find his confidence extremely attractive. I get butterflies in my stomach when he texts me. I don’t know if this is normal for a 20 year old woman to have.

The worst part is I dream about having sex with him. I have masturbated to him more times than I can count. I can’t help but indulge myself. I know this is wrong on so many levels. I get distracted at college daydreaming about us being together. My grades have suffered as a result of this. I’ve never had such a strong passion on a crush before. I don’t even know if it’s a crush anymore, or if I’m in love with him.

I need help. I need to ghost him, but I don’t have the willpower to do it. I also don’t want to leave my job. Ugh, I’m so loving disgusted and ashamed of myself. I don’t want to ruin this boy’s future by being with him, but keeping my feelings/emotions in check around him is impossible. Is there anything I can do???

tl;dr: I have developed an unhealthy obsession/crush over a 16 year old boy. I masturbate to him almost everyday and I can’t stop thinking of him during school. My grades have suffered because of this. All I want to do is be with him. I’ve tried to get rid of this crush but I don’t have the willpower to do it. I know I’m disgusting for liking him. I know it’s wrong of me. I just can’t help myself.

[Update] I [20/F] have an inappropriate crush on my friend/coworker [16/M]. I’ve tried stopping it before but I can’t get him out of my mind and it’s affecting my life.

quote:

Original post

I decided to tell him my feelings. I know, I shouldn’t have done that, but it’s really helped me distance myself from him.

I told him everything I said in the original thread. He was surprised by my confession. I apologized to him. I said it was wrong of me for putting this on him and I wasn’t trying to force him into a relationship with me or anything.

He said he found me really cute and attractive. But if he were to get into a relationship with me “the power dynamic would be unhealthy and always skewed in my favour.” He said him and I are in completely different stages of our lives and both of us would be doing a lot of developing over the next few years.

He told me that even though he believed my feelings were genuine, I crossed too many boundaries that I shouldn’t have as an adult. I was criticized for lying to him when I told him the date we went on wasn’t a date. He was suspicious why a 20 year old woman would want a romantic relationship with him. I promised him that all my intentions were pure and in no way did I want to hurt him. He said I should work on being intimate with people my own age, and I agreed with him.

I’m amazed that a 16 year old boy could shut me down so hard. No guy I’ve spoken to has ever been blunt and straight to the point with me as he was. I told him I greatly appreciated his honesty. I told him that’s exactly what I needed to hear to get over my crush/obsession. I think what he said was a wake up call for me. He's right. I do need to start being comfortable with guys my own age.

I haven’t daydreamed, masturbated, or thought of him sexually ever since I admitted his feelings to him. He doesn’t occupy my mind anymore and I’ve been noticing the improvements. We still work together, but all our conversations are brief and strictly related to work. I have not spoken to him outside of work for 4 days. I was obsessed with him for 6 months straight and all I needed was for him to speak the truth to me. I clearly have a lot of work to do on myself but I'm glad I came to this realization sooner than later.

tl;dr: I told my friend how I felt about him. He shut me down hard. He told me I was attractive and cute but a relationship with me would be very unhealthy and I would hold all the power. He criticized me for lying to him when I took him out on a date but told him it wasn’t one. I needed to hear that from him. I don’t fixate sexually or daydream about him anymore. I’m already feeling the improvements and I’m glad on how the whole situation turned out!

She’ll make a great senator some day.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My [M23] girlfriend [F24] of more than a year insists I be on some kind of communication app with her at all times

quote:

Lately my girlfriend has wanted to be in contact more and more. I do love talking to her but I feel under a microscope all the time. It's not that I don't love her. I just don't always have something to say and my life honestly isn't interesting. I also have nothing to hide, and she thinks I do.

She wants to always be on Facetime. Whenever we're not in person I have to use Facetime on my phone to show her where I am and what I'm doing. If I can't video chat like in a meeting, she had me install this app that records audio. So she can hear everything going on. She said it's for her peace of mind so she knows I'm not flirting. I've never flirted or cheated with anyone but everytime she sees or hears me talk to any woman, she will send a barrage of messages wanting to know who she is and why I'm talking to her. Has she ever flirted with me? Is she single? Do I think she's attractive? She asks the same questions every time. My answers are always the same. This has happened with women I work with, when she hears them talking in my meetings. It's happened when I go through checkout with a female cashier. If she thinks the cashier sounded too friendly to not be hitting on me, she's furious and jealous for the whole day. She also needs to be 3-wayed on all my phone calls so she's accused my own family members of flirting with me not realizing it was them. If I ever go more than a minute without the video or audio app running, she freaks out. She just assumes I'm suddenly cheating on her. Because "why else would you need to turn it off" But I didn't turn it off I just put my phone down to do something and it went to sleep. I've never given her any reason to be suspicious of me. I'd get it more if I had, but I've been completely loyal. I don't even talk to any girls I used to be friends with because it upset her.

It's getting really exhausting. It's hard to concentrate at work and I'm falling behind. Also after every time we've been apart even if only for the workday the next time I see her in person I have to do a run through of all the women she heard or saw me interact with and remind her who they are. Its like she forgets they're not trying to take me from her and I'm not into them. So she'll want to spend like an hour going over a bunch of women some I don't even remember before we can actually do anything together. She left a notebook out once and I saw a couple women's names I recognized. She'd written half a page of details about each. They were just people related to my job.

Since we've been together for more than a year, we want to move in together soon. As it is she already spends most of her time at my place. I feel like she lives with me already. If she officially moves in maybe she'll calm down a bit and trust me? But what if she doesn't, and every night she keeps asking the same questions? I would never have a break. I feel horrible saying this but it takes so much time I'm starting to get annoyed at her. Then if I get annoyed she thinks it's proof I have something to hide. How can I reason with her?

Another thing is if we're having sex and I'm taking a while to come, she starts asking if it's because I hosed someone earlier. Then that kills the mood and I can't finish at all.

I'm tired of explaining everything to her every day. I'm also hurt she can't just trust me. What else can I do to reassure her I'll never cheat without having to let her view every minute of my life when we're apart?

TL;DR My girlfriend is convinced I'm going to cheat but I'm not. She needs to always be on video or audio with me when she's not with me. Its really tiring to keep up with, but if I ask to cut back she thinks I'm hiding something. What do I do?

Make sure you have a police escort when you dump her!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If you feel the need to clarify the age of consent where you live to people you're asking for advice from, you probably shouldn't be doing whatever you're doing

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

quote:

Since we've been together for more than a year, we want to move in together soon. As it is she already spends most of her time at my place. I feel like she lives with me already. If she officially moves in maybe she'll calm down a bit and trust me?

[audible snort]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [M23] girlfriend [F24] of more than a year insists I be on some kind of communication app with her at all times

Sorry you had to find out your girlfriend is cheating on you this way

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Me [27M] dating [24F]

Just so we’re clear, the age of consent is 18 where I live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Me [27M] dating [24F]

Just so we’re clear, the age of consent is 18 where I live.

Hello, Police? I’d like to report a lack of crime