Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
wherever phil "snitch" fulmer walks he leaves a trail of glucose and cake icing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:yaycloud:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/tapzilla84/status/938629172242583553

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The smoke is Joker Venom tho.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Rick posted:

He's not THAT old to be this confused.

Although it would be pretty rad if ASU came out in 90s style pads and unis that made dudes all look like walking tanks.

I'll give him a break, if you haven't been around newer game jerseys, they seem weird. When Wisconsin switched to Under Armor a couple years ago, they were just giving away their old game uniforms to students. A girl I know going to school there got me one for a present for my son. It is a large, but it is super tight on my 11 year old. He opened it up at our family Christmas gathering and nobody there thought it was legit. They all thought there was no way that jersey could fit on a college sized dude.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Joey Freshwater posted:

:siren: Tennessee Women’s volleyball coach of 20+ years has resigned :siren:

Bets on which team gets a new coach faster?

Dave Shondell is not interested.

Also "Lethal Simplicity" sounds like something MadDog Mattis said.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yates posted:

I'll give him a break, if you haven't been around newer game jerseys, they seem weird. When Wisconsin switched to Under Armor a couple years ago, they were just giving away their old game uniforms to students. A girl I know going to school there got me one for a present for my son. It is a large, but it is super tight on my 11 year old. He opened it up at our family Christmas gathering and nobody there thought it was legit. They all thought there was no way that jersey could fit on a college sized dude.

It is honestly really wild how far equipment has come. A friend's brother plays for Michigan and we got to go see him a few weeks ago. He tossed us his shoes and I honest to god thought they were quickie props just to show off some new design. It's absurd how light even shoes for like linebackers and linemen are now. Receiver/DB shoes feel like they're made out of paper.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/938623268193472512

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

im the random picture of asparagus

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

im the random picture of asparagus

It’s not random. Pruitt legit doesn’t know what asparagus is.

https://youtu.be/Dgmk_fHguMk

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

...huh

well then :stare:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Two things: first I bet that Sagan made Pruitt eat some asparagus as a hazing ritual and that’s actually the secret to his success B: it’s going to be hilarious if he nails out right before their playoff game and Saban loses another natty because of coordinators leaving

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

That the administration didn't pull a Tennessee here and nix it shows that they're somehow more incompetent than Tennessee.

So yeah he's gonna coach for at least a year, I imagine 2-5 years. They're gonna give him an extension I bet at the end of next season, since they're returning a lot of players and should be decent if they just gesture in the direction of the stuff they've been doing. There will be some weird moments and I'm sure Herm's gonna insist that they go under center and huddle, which'll be weird, and then they'll crater in year 2.

Of course they could go 0-12! Who knows!

From last page, but he's keeping pretty much the entire offensive staff together; the defense staff's future hasn't been determined, but I bet it mostly stays together, in which case they'll probably still be fledgling mediocre with this awkward scenario of the team essentially still being Graham's entire staff except Graham.

The worst part is that for the first few years, he can place any blame on the fact it's Graham's recruits and that he has to get his own (just like Graham did with Erickson's players, even though he had really good success with those players the first few years).

If anything that could be his downfall - if he goes 9-3 next year or something, then starts to regress, he'll be in the same situation (win/loss wise) as Graham, but since he's Ray Anderson's chosen coach, he'll get more rope to hang himself with.

Unfortunately while I'd like to imagine both Edwards and Anderson fired after a couple of years, my fear is that we'll get several year of Coach Soundbyte during which ASU football will suffer, but hey, maybe the basketball program will now be top-tier.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Well he's definitely consistent, that's almost word for word what he said when he got to Oregon.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
is this good or bad

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/938778601599549440

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/infidel_3/status/938570586489540608

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Coley is meh. Craig is meh. They're extremely good recruiters though, in south florida, georgia, alabama areas

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

:drat:

Oregon fans real mad they lost Taggart.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

:eyepop:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
idgi

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

If Jimbo wins 10 games nobody's going to care if he burns an American flag while standing on the MSC grass and pissing on Reveille

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Jimbo wife was cheating on him with a black guy.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

The rumor is that Jimbo’s wife cheated on him with her (black former UF WR) personal trainer

And drat that is savage

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jeremy Pruitt is awesome, and I look forward to him People's Elbowing any jabroni in the UT athletic department who doesn't give him what he wants. "The existence of Brian Schottenheimer made Pruitt so angry that he almost kicked Thomas Brown's rear end" is my favorite thing from 2015.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
All 2017 was good for was giving Saban more assistants to beat up on to improve whatever that ridiculous record is currently.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/938790958866542592

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
It's a risky hire. You might get a Kirby, or you might get a Muschamp.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pruitt had hair when he left UGA holy moly

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

an adult beverage posted:

Jimbo wife was cheating on him with a black guy.

God drat

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Adun posted:

The rumor is that Jimbo’s wife cheated on him with her (black former UF WR) personal trainer

And drat that is savage

There are most rivalries, then there's UF-FSU where you long con the other guy's coach so you can cuck him. Outstanding.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Former UF receiver Taylor Jacobs, to be more specific.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Former UF receiver Taylor Jacobs, to be more specific.

Go Gata

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

vyst posted:

Go Gata

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

and he's back!

quote:

Oregon State: Former Nebraska and Oregon State head coach Mike Riley has been formally announced as the assistant head coach on Jonathan Smith’s staff.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Well, I think they did hang onto the house.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Riley as head coach again would have been awful and dumb; Riley as mentor and assistant to a first time head coach is pretty smart.

(they still should have hired an option coach :( )

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I know Mike Riley is the nicest man on earth and wouldn't intentionally gently caress over/undermine the new coach, but holy hell does putting him right there on his staff seem like a dangerous idea on the new coach's part.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Mike Riley is old as hell and hasn’t had a good team in a really long time, I don’t think that many people are going to be seriously calling for him as head coach at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

"The existence of Brian Schottenheimer made Pruitt so angry that he almost kicked Thomas Brown's rear end" is my favorite thing from 2015.

What’s the story behind this?

edit: I figured it out.

I’m okay with Pruitt. I’m glad this search is finally reaching an end. I haven’t heard anything new on Currie yet. I assume he’s locked in a closet on The Hill.

Sir Thats Gross fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 7, 2017

• Locked thread