Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

MausoleumExtremist posted:

:stare:

I know what they meant but it sounds bad when you deteriorate in a vat of chemicals

Yeah, that was an unfortunate turn of phrase.

And that ink is totally cursed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

funktopus posted:

gently caress, that is precisely what a brick wall looks like when I eat shrooms.

As a mason or as a spectator?

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

WHY, TONIGHT'S THE ANNIVERSARY

Today's actually the 11th anniversary of me rolling a car. It was on a country backroad. Speed limit was 55 and there wasn't a "hey you shouldn't take this turn going any faster than 25, like, seriously" sign. A guy who lived in the neighborhood ran up and asked me where the body was. He didn't realize he was talking to it. Anyway, long story short, I wouldn't be posting this story right now if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt. I would have been very, very dead. I've pulled cars over and waited for people to put their seatbelt on before. I don't gently caress with that poo poo.

The dumbest loving argument against it is "the seatbelt will cut me up if I get in an accident." Stupid loving rednecks, I swear to loving god.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Alobar posted:

Today's actually the 11th anniversary of me rolling a car. It was on a country backroad. Speed limit was 55 and there wasn't a "hey you shouldn't take this turn going any faster than 25, like, seriously" sign. A guy who lived in the neighborhood ran up and asked me where the body was. He didn't realize he was talking to it. Anyway, long story short, I wouldn't be posting this story right now if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt. I would have been very, very dead. I've pulled cars over and waited for people to put their seatbelt on before. I don't gently caress with that poo poo.

The dumbest loving argument against it is "the seatbelt will cut me up if I get in an accident." Stupid loving rednecks, I swear to loving god.

You a cop, or just a seatbelt nazi?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Three men in an ink vat and the stirring blade turned on.
And this is why lock out, tag out is so bloody important.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Platystemon posted:

As a mason or as a spectator?

On shrooms? Both, probablly.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ekuNNN posted:

Apparently because of frozen mist blocking the air inlets this Shell tank crushed itself. Must have made some noise.

Man I would have loved to hear that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

funktopus posted:

gently caress, that is precisely what a brick wall looks like when I eat shrooms.

It's like that experiment where they gave spiders drugs and they built messed-up webs.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Alobar posted:

My small-time local newspaper actually published a letter to the editor proudly defying seatbelts and questioning the assault on liberty that is their legality.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Zil posted:

It may not be OSHA now, but I feel there was some OSHA level poo poo going on when it was being built.

He's been to the Gaudí school of architecture.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
YOU WANNA loving HOLD ME DOWN? FOR WHAT?

e: oh sorry this was supposed to go after the seatbelt post

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

It's like that experiment where they gave spiders drugs and they built messed-up webs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENquPZ45fRY

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I know what they meant but it sounds bad when you deteriorate in a vat of chemicals

That's how you get supervillains and that's why we need OSHA

Heffer
May 1, 2003

The Bloop posted:

That's how you get supervillains and that's why we need OSHA

What supervillain comes from a vat of ink?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Heffer posted:

Inque.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Heffer posted:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Tattooed_Man

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Sagebrush posted:

and that sucks because structural brick always looks better than cladding and YES, I can tell

What you don't think brick that suddenly ends on a piece of flashing a foot before the ground then overhangs exposing the concrete underneath looks totally great??

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I saw a mcmansion the other day under construction and they were painting artificial brick patches onto a plaster wall to simulate that 'building that survived ww2' look.

It looked pretty bad.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

tactlessbastard posted:

I saw a mcmansion the other day under construction and they were painting artificial brick patches onto a plaster wall to simulate that 'building that survived ww2' look.

It looked pretty bad.

This is OSHA for the workers because I'm liable to go into a rage and assault them if I see them committing architectural crimes like that.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Heffer posted:

Its all fun and games until some edgy teenager uses a pen to draw a pentagram and Satan is summoned because it just so happens the ink is the blood ink from the accident vat.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Heffer posted:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
First thing I thought of.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

its those damned careless first responders fault.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/NasMaraj/status/938536581715152896

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Alas, https://www.snopes.com/morgue-employee-cremated-nap/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I was about to say, "Good thing he decided to take a nap completely naked like bodies are when they're cremated."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I always like things that look like news report screenshots, but that have no station identifying markers on them at all. Makes it easy to tell what's false or not. This one at least went through the trouble of putting an ABC header on it, so that's something.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

His Divine Shadow posted:

First thing I thought of.

The Blotch?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-08/firefighters-remove-mans-head-from-microwave-after-prank/9239688

Man cements his head into a microwave.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Improper use of plastic bags.

Really though, any guesses on what the ‘prank’ was meant to be?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
This one weird trick to waste thousands of pounds of Fire Brigade time and money. Other people who need help hate it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

nomad2020 posted:

Probably that his friends cemented his head in a microwave while he was 'asleep'. It's a youtube 'prank', they're usually fake as hell and dumb as dogshit.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

nomad2020 posted:

They could have been making a mold of his head to make a fake head for further shenanigans, I guess. Though a microwave seems like the least convenient mold form possible.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

tactlessbastard posted:

It looked pretty bad.

So, the architectural version of this wallpaper:

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I can't stop coming up with questions about that picture

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I can't stop coming up with questions about that picture

I think it's from a haunted house that had a scare that was a car with full bright headlights coming right for you.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Tumble posted:

its those damned careless first responders fault.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
It's from Nightmares Fear Factory (link to their Flickr).

They have a camera set up in (at least) one of their jump-scare rooms. I don't know what the jump-scare is, but SA has been running Photoshop Phridays based on their stuff for years.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I seem to recall it being the "you're about to get run over by a large vehicle" room, which I'm sure makes for some fun conversation when people look at their own reactions afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c4vPoMjJ40

Does it count as an OSHA issue if it's a stupid idea and too weak to even harm anyone?