Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Didn't Dove Cameron just get cast for this show? What's the chance she's playing Spider-Gwen here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

What the gently caress is a BooBoo Stewart

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

How cool is it to get paid to sound like a squirrel for a few hours, though? That guy is living the dream.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I love the fact that being a computer science geek is an integral part of Squirrel Girl's character nowadays. Ryan North really gave her a lot of himself.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy poo poo America Chavez, And Spider Gwen, I'm sold

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ghost Spider?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Ghost Spider?

Give her a break! You try coming up with a Spider themed name which isn't taken by like 3 different people, without outright using your given name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Give her a break! You try coming up with a Spider themed name which isn't taken by like 3 different people, without outright using your given name.

In her universe she's Spider-Woman!

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Kree Caligula cracks me up. They really jumped the shark this season didn't they?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm really happy Chloe Bennet is now pretty much considered "Quake" for Marvel's reference in all media. I think making her an Inhuman in the comics was probably a bit much, but Chloe has put in so much time and work on the character and deserves to have that recognized.

She's come a long way from being mostly eye candy in the first season to doing a whole bunch of stunts herself in the last few.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

In her universe she's Spider-Woman!

Yes I know. And in the main universe, with which she has had contact, there are 3 others. It's kind of an unoriginal name and I guess the reason that her comic isn't called that.

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm really happy Chloe Bennet is now pretty much considered "Quake" for Marvel's reference in all media. I think making her an Inhuman in the comics was probably a bit much, but Chloe has put in so much time and work on the character and deserves to have that recognized.

She's come a long way from being mostly eye candy in the first season to doing a whole bunch of stunts herself in the last few.

I totally agree here.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 7, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

As a guy who hated her at the start I have come around to agreeing with you. She's great.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I was totally won over by the Sonic joke.

Serf
May 5, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

I was totally won over by the Sonic joke.

i never had an issue with bennet but that joke really sold me on the character

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man I am so into that show. It just needs Kate Leth's version of Hellcat, Gwenpool and Kate Bishop to hit all the targets.

That's not including any mutants obviously.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
A little disappointed Ming-Na Wen isn’t playing May in this, but I’m happy to see her have a role in it at least.

Also it sounds awesome in general.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

Man I am so into that show. It just needs Kate Leth's version of Hellcat, Gwenpool and Kate Bishop to hit all the targets.

That's not including any mutants obviously.

I'm still waiting for the Night Nurse/Hellcat/Daughter of the Dragon/Misty Knight Lady Defenders show :mad:

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

What the gently caress is a BooBoo Stewart

he plays jafar's kid in the descendants

(how to tell someone doesn't have elementary aged kids: they don't know actors from the descendants)

he was warpath in days of future past also

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
A loving parent (at least one) was expecting to welcome their child into the world. Presumably they cared a great deal about this child's welfare, and wanted them to have a good life. They concluded that the best way to start this child's journey through life was to name them BooBoo.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That looks wierd and good, and I will watch it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

A loving parent (at least one) was expecting to welcome their child into the world. Presumably they cared a great deal about this child's welfare, and wanted them to have a good life. They concluded that the best way to start this child's journey through life was to name them BooBoo.

His real name is Nils.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So that's the name he chose to go by?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

So that's the name he chose to go by?

He skins his knee a lot.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
BooBoo Stewart sounds like someone’s dog.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Aleph Null posted:

How cool is it to get paid to sound like a squirrel for a few hours, though? That guy is living the dream.
Yeah Baker is the go to animal noises guy other than Frank Welker

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
616 eh...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Of course it's sector 616...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Man, I hope Simmons get to run something very large and pointy through this Kree sonovabitch

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I hope there's going to be a bit more to this first half of the season other than low budget corridors and everything being lovely and depressing. I know it's way too early to pass a sweeping judgment like that but I miss some of the globe trotting wacky fun stuff already. Spaceship CG is real pretty though.

Edit: Okay show, surprise me, have the signal bouncing off the rock coming from Earth be something that is NOT an automated distress call or something like that.

Edit 2: Yay! Still concerned about how long the misery will go for but hopefully we'll start moving out of the scene setting and get the plot really rolling soon

J33uk fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 9, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Man, Kitty Pryde is pretty metal on this show.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
KALI MA! KALI MA!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dang cut Rate Kitty Pryde :stare:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Well things just keep getting grimmer it seems

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I guess Daisy is going to double down on being stupid / stubborn and rushing into stuff. Why listen to Deek when he suggests you learn how things work?

I guess team competent(Coulson and pals) will unravel the mystery while team incompetent(Jemma and Daisy) will survive thanks to plot armor.

howe_sam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trhg8g_tRKc

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

howe_sam posted:

More like cut-throat Kitty Pryde.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I guess Daisy is going to double down on being stupid / stubborn and rushing into stuff. Why listen to Deek when he suggests you learn how things work?
In her defense I get the feeling that what just played out is exactly what Deek wanted all along what with his haranguing the "destroyer of worlds" till she rejected his advice and did something fool-hearty.
Shame this mean's Daisy will be waking up with an inhibitor next ep.

Also, calling it now that the source of the transmission will be Fitz... in cryo-sleep being babysat by an LMD. Bonus points if the LMD is a Koenig... or Ward.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The ship is full of Koenigs

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
FATALITY

Abby Wins

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm enjoying the plot so far this season, and I don't even mind the budget sci-fi corridors. What's putting me off is the new characters. I realized at one point I was watching a fancily dressed human-but-red-eyes alien talking to a fancily dressed human-but-blue-skin alien and wondered what campy 90s space show I was watching. They feel like early Star Trek TNG seasons where the aliens are completely humanoid except one tiny physical trait, like spots or a ridge on the nose.

The setting is a nice change from the status quo but the characterization all feels a bit weak. The humans are OK - Pruitt Taylor Vince is always great. Though Deek is a bit too boilerplate sci-fi scumbag, and Tess's one character trait is "NO, DON'T!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
To be fair, "human with cosmetic difference" is an aesthetic for aliens that the GotG movies and Ragnarok have already established pretty firmly in the MCU

• Locked thread