Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

fruit on the bottom posted:

Negotiate. Tell her that you’ll help her fix her hygiene problem and wingman for her so she lands a great guy that won’t ghost and in exchange she’ll abort.
Gradually fall in love with her during this process and make a bold declaration of love at the airport before she leaves for Christmas break*.

*this may result in the two of you keeping the baby.

this is actually kind of a sweet thought. I'd watch this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

therobit posted:

Candida albicans is a normal part of the flora down there and our skin flora but if conditions are right it can lead to excessive growth and it can take over. This is also the cause of jock itch and athlete's foot.

God drat Candidnadians.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
Yeast infections are itchy and incredibly painful and also smell like beer, how could she not know she had one?

My money is on bacterial vaginosis

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

girl pants posted:

Yeast infections are itchy and incredibly painful and also smell like beer, how could she not know she had one?

That is a term I do not want to google.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

girl pants posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbhtS-WhMcI

Could be yeast or BV. BV tends to have more of an amine or fishy smell.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

girl pants posted:

She may have dealt with it for so long that the smell is normal to her.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

girl pants posted:

You can turn just about anything into a romcom if you’re creative enough.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

La Brea Carpet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbhtS-WhMcI

Could be yeast or BV. BV tends to have more of an amine or fishy smell.

I'm thinking she just assumed vaginas are supposed to smell like fish.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

girl pants posted:

The next Axe Ventura sequel I guess.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

She works at an aquarium and is used to the smell.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Jeza posted:

I think you can wait until things go wrong before slapping your SO with some kind of household work schedule before they move in. In my experience, those things falls apart anyway, and the people that push them are no better at doing chores than anybody else. Hell, often worse.

I think the specific agreement that Person A will be X chores and Person B will do Y ones *before* anyone moves in together is a bit overkill, I agree. But, she's been down this road with people who didn't help clean and it's a dealbreaker for her, so kudos that she is actually trying to communicate her preferences before signing a lease.

I think it's pretty telling that this guy won't agree to anything at all and is using emotional blackmail (BUT TWUE WUV WILL DO THE DISHES) as a way to get her to drop the subject and not expect anything from him.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
As someone who's had probably over 40 housemates over the last 15 years the only way anything stays clean is to let the cleanest person* in the house violently beat anyone of their choosing with an axe handle at any time of their choosing.

The only other option is to live with other reasonable people who value having a reasonably clean house and who have a work ethic and sense of fair play. But good luck with that.

*provided they're not a headcase OCD clean freak

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

In the military I had a barracksmate who was so autistic about cleanliness that he would unscrew the lightbulbs so he could wash underneath them

That is fine and cool, but you can gently caress right off if you expect me to be as clean as you in that situation, crazy person

welp that's my story

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I used to live with a person who insisted, among other things, that I pull the door off the oven and scrape the grease off the window with a razor blade. Had I known they were like that I would not have moved in with them. It really impacted our friendship for a while. It's good to get that stuff out on the table and the boyfriend's response indicates that they're probably going to break up over dishes.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
You’ve just given me an idea:

Go into business as a relationship psychic who can predict what issue will cause the end of the relationship.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Oh no, Temperance in reverse!

I sense a startling lack of commitment.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I had to make a goddamn chore list for old housemates (one in his 30s the other in their 40s) about whose turn it was to take out the trash, sweep, and buy toilet paper.

Then I left for two weeks and it all went to Hell.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
If the guy's house is clean already he probably just doesn't want to be bothered about some sort of cleaning contract carved in stone because he's a normal adult who keeps his house clean. If he was a slob, it would be different.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

fruit on the bottom posted:

Luckiest man in the world fucks own NOT-dignity.

Not allowed to go to a work Christmas party due to being a contract worker & they can't insure me apparently.

At least in USA many companies won't allow contractors to go to company events due to if you treat the contractors like FTEs, they must then be FTEs to make it short. Microsoft hosed that up a while back, seen here: https://www.reuters.com/article/businesspropicks-us-findlaw-dont-treat-c/dont-treat-contractors-like-employees-idUSTRE53063S20090401

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Kuros posted:

At least in USA many companies won't allow contractors to go to company events due to if you treat the contractors like FTEs, they must then be FTEs to make it short. Microsoft hosed that up a while back, seen here: https://www.reuters.com/article/businesspropicks-us-findlaw-dont-treat-c/dont-treat-contractors-like-employees-idUSTRE53063S20090401

As a contractor; gently caress companies that outsource their work to contractors. We should be casual employees at minimum, and the fact that we aren't just so they can save more money on benefits for their shareholders is bullshit. Bring back unions I say.

If you've been contracting someone to do the same job for years on a regular, ongoing basis they're just employees you don't care about.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

girl pants posted:

I used to live with a person who insisted, among other things, that I pull the door off the oven and scrape the grease off the window with a razor blade.

Is it wrong that I kinda like this idea?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Motronic posted:

Is it wrong that I kinda like this idea?

Where did I put my axe handle?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

girl pants posted:

I used to live with a person who insisted, among other things, that I pull the door off the oven and scrape the grease off the window with a razor blade. Had I known they were like that I would not have moved in with them. It really impacted our friendship for a while. It's good to get that stuff out on the table and the boyfriend's response indicates that they're probably going to break up over dishes.

How many times a year? Like if it's once a year that's not too, bad, but the way you are saying it makes me think it was more like every time you used the oven.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If it was every time you cooked, a razor would be useless, you'd just give it a wipe.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
It was more the fact that they got mad at me for not knowing it had to be done. I'd never in my life heard of anybody doing that before. If they'd asked me, I would have done it. I just got a barrage of angry texts about it one day. This wasn't an isolated thing, they had many similar requests that I was apparently disgusting for not doing. Their parents came to visit once and left post it notes all over the house for me and our other roommates that said things like 'THIS HOUSE IS FILTHY' 'TAKE YOUR TURN TO CLEAN THIS HOUSE'

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My (21F) boyfriend's brother (19M) throws temper tantrums, ignores us and just acts like a child overall. I want to confront him about his behavior, but I am not sure its worth it. Is there a way to get it through to him that his behavior is not ok?Non-Romantic
submitted 8 hours ago by CuddlyHoneybee

I have known his brother since he moved in this April, and yes I live with my boyfriend (24M) as well. My boyfriend feels the same as I do, but has spoken to his brother before and nothing changed so he isn't going to try again.

So lets call my boyfriend 'J' and his brother 'G'. Basically G acts 13 still. He refuses to get a job, or clean up after himself. His idea of cleaning up after himself is putting everything in the sink, not to mention any time I need dishes you can bet they will be on his bedroom floor. He also never showers, brushes his teeth or washes his clothes. He absolutely reeks....but thats another story.

He throws temper tantrums. He once broke a mug of mine because I told him I wasn't going to buy him soda. The latest though is J and I were telling G that you cant just pour new litter on top of the old litter, and that you have to totally clean the box out. He got upset, grabbed his bag, stormed to his room and we could hear him throwing things around. He hasn't spoken to us in 2 days. Anytime he gets upset he throws a fit like that and them doesnt talk to us for days, and wont enter any room we are in.

We have stopped paying for his stuff (not even food anymore), refuse to give him rides places (he also refuses to get his licence), and refuse to clean up after him. He doesn't care because his dad keeps dropping money into his account, he takes the bus or calls friends for rides, and apparently likes the filth. We were hoping that this would give him some motivation to grow up some....but nope!
My boyfriend has had a conversation with him and basically told him that if he doesn't straighten up, that he will be totally done with him. Didnt change.

I really want to tell him that he needs to grow up, be responsible, take care of himself, ect. or he will be alone, and no one will want to be his roommate. He has already been kicked out of 3 different family members houses because of his behavior. We are at a loss here.

Tl;DR: Boyfriends brother throws fits, doesn't talk to us, acts like a child. Needs to grow up and have a reality check. We have done all we can think of. I want to have one final conversation with him, before he gets kicked out....like give him one last shot. How would you handle this?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Pick posted:

My (21F) boyfriend's brother (19M) throws temper tantrums, ignores us and just acts like a child overall. I want to confront him about his behavior, but I am not sure its worth it. Is there a way to get it through to him that his behavior is not ok?Non-Romantic

I have known his brother since he moved in this April, and yes I live with my boyfriend (24M) as well. My boyfriend feels the same as I do, but has spoken to his brother before and nothing changed so he isn't going to try again.

So lets call my boyfriend 'J' and his brother 'G'. Basically G acts 13 still. He refuses to get a job, or clean up after himself. His idea of cleaning up after himself is putting everything in the sink, not to mention any time I need dishes you can bet they will be on his bedroom floor. He also never showers, brushes his teeth or washes his clothes. He absolutely reeks....but thats another story.

He throws temper tantrums. He once broke a mug of mine because I told him I wasn't going to buy him soda. The latest though is J and I were telling G that you cant just pour new litter on top of the old litter, and that you have to totally clean the box out. He got upset, grabbed his bag, stormed to his room and we could hear him throwing things around. He hasn't spoken to us in 2 days. Anytime he gets upset he throws a fit like that and them doesnt talk to us for days, and wont enter any room we are in.

We have stopped paying for his stuff (not even food anymore), refuse to give him rides places (he also refuses to get his licence), and refuse to clean up after him. He doesn't care because his dad keeps dropping money into his account, he takes the bus or calls friends for rides, and apparently likes the filth. We were hoping that this would give him some motivation to grow up some....but nope!
My boyfriend has had a conversation with him and basically told him that if he doesn't straighten up, that he will be totally done with him. Didnt change.

I really want to tell him that he needs to grow up, be responsible, take care of himself, ect. or he will be alone, and no one will want to be his roommate. He has already been kicked out of 3 different family members houses because of his behavior. We are at a loss here.

Tl;DR: Boyfriends brother throws fits, doesn't talk to us, acts like a child. Needs to grow up and have a reality check. We have done all we can think of. I want to have one final conversation with him, before he gets kicked out....like give him one last shot. How would you handle this?

Th...throw him the gently caress out?! Like what the gently caress lady.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Pick posted:

Kick him the gently caress out.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

open the siblingship.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Admiral Ray posted:

Kick him the gently caress out.

Yeah, I mean after being kicked out of three other houses he's a lost cause. I'd pay a few bucks to watch the eviction though.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Though the path of the dogpuncher may be a lonely one, one must heed its call

quote:

Yesterday my wife and I went to a local brewery that allows dogs. To preface this, I'm not a big fan of dogs inside breweries for sanitary reason as well as the fact that many of the dogs are ill behaved like incessant barking and jumping on strangers and my wife knows this. As my wife and I are walking in, a large dog runs towards us as soon as we enter the door. The dog was on a leash, but it had obviously slipped out of the owner's hand and he was not restrained in any way. This scared me because I don't know this dog and he was quite large. I was concerned for not only my safety, but my wife's as well. I am far from a dog expert, and I am not able to tell between a large dog running towards me because he is happy to see me, or because he wants to bite me.

The dog was coming down a hallway so I had a moment to see him coming and assess the situation. I paused for a moment to let him get close enough and I kicked him as hard as I could. About this time the owner came around the corner to see me kicking her dog. She quickly restrained him with the leash and began berating me for abusing her dog. I was livid, this woman did not control her animal and allowed it to possibly threaten my family's safety! We argued for a minute or two until the bartender came from the behind the bar. He asked what happened and then told us all to leave for making a scene. The woman continued to yell at me in the parking lot and threatened to call the cops, I told her to gently caress off and we left. The police followed up with us later that day and said that there was no reason to file charges since her dog was off leash and not under her control. So I am not receiving any criminal charges, but she still may sue.

However, I have a bigger issue. On the car ride home my wife berated me for causing a scene and getting us kicked out (she hates attention and many of the patrons came around the corner to stare at the commotion) and more importantly because I hurt a dog. I tried to explain to her that I was acting in our best interests and I wanted to protect us. How was I supposed to know that this dog didn't want to hurt us? How can I better explain to her that I'm not an animal abuser, I just wanted to protect her and myself?

tl;dr: Large dog is off leash and runs towards me with no owner in sight. I kicked it and now my wife is mad at me.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

How buttfucking stupid do you have to be to be unable to tell a charging dog versus a playful one? The subtleties are not that subtle.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

If you were "just" protecting your family, you would put your body between them and the dog and take the risk it might hurt you. Trying to punt Fido downfield would clearly be an attempt to protect yourself, you enormous idiot coward.

Otoh, punch dogs every day etc.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Why would someone who doesn't like dogs go to a dog bar?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

mind the walrus posted:

How buttfucking stupid do you have to be to be unable to tell a charging dog versus a playful one? The subtleties are not that subtle.

It's blindingly obvious be was just looking for an excuse.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

mind the walrus posted:

quote:

I don't know the difference between a loud happy bark and a loud angry bark.

How would I neutralize it? I couldn’t get away and running from an aggressive animal can trigger their prey drive, making things worse.

It matters not whether the dog is playful or wrathful, only that it is neutralized

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Maybe he has a serious phobia of dogs and is too fragile to admit it?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

therobit posted:

Maybe he has a serious phobia of dogs and is too fragile to admit it?
That much is almost a given.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Why would someone who doesn't like dogs go to a dog bar?
The wife doesn't sound very bright either.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Only in that she married such an idiot autist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Honestly anyone that outright hates animals shouldn't be dated and certainly shouldn't have kids.