Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
:siren:Fulmer doesn't think Pruitt is cute:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

:siren:Fulmer doesn't think Pruitt is cute:siren:

Butch Jones is going to be roasted until the end of time.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

If there is anything to be said for the SEC they're really doing a great job of testing out the Saban replacements for Bama before Bama comes back to reclaim what was always theirs.

Nah that job is Dabo’s when Saban retires.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea, it's entirely obvious he caused all of it to get the AD job which is why any sane Vol should be loving furious at him as well. He's an enormous part of why you've been laughed at these past few weeks.

The drama was worth it to bring Fulmer back. We should have named him AD in 2011 or at any time after that.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/938912558563467264

Rumph is a good hire. Our DL was great against the run and he’s a great recruiter. Not great in pass rush tho.

This is essentially getting back the 2014-2015 UGA defensive gang together, which admittedly were pretty solid.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/utknoxville/status/938886769168314369

What a difference it makes

https://twitter.com/galvinseriously/status/935263230506819587

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
It’s all over, but the 30 For 30.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

it's cause he aint no lying yankee carpet bagger

Unironically this

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

swickles posted:

Kind of, its pretty easy to stop the leaks and drama when you are the source of both.

I’m still not sure it wasn’t Currie leaking all of the interviews he was making, that way people could see he was totally trying! Not to mention, Fulmer was going around pitching Tennessee to coaches for him.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

This whole "happy Tennessee fans" thing is a real downer after the past week and a half of laughs and fun.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/938915655113375745

:unsmith:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Where's the punchline?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

an adult beverage posted:

Where's the punchline?

It's Jeremy Pruitt, so I'm sure we'll be hearing about one of those very soon.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

:woop:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

an adult beverage posted:

Where's the punchline?

give it about 9 months

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Helton is the OC and QB coach

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I’m assuming Todd and you can’t stop me

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trust me I did the same when I saw his name the first time.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Sent from my iPad posted:

This whole "happy Tennessee fans" thing is a real downer after the past week and a half of laughs and fun.

vols bitch

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Trivia time:

Name the two Major League Baseball players above Todd Helton on the all time Home run list that also played college football.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mahoning posted:

Trivia time:

Name the two Major League Baseball players above Todd Helton on the all time Home run list that also played college football.

Is Kirk Gibson one of them?

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 8, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is Kirk Gibson one of them?

No. For reference, Helton is T-79th all time with 369 HRs.

Gibson had around 250.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mahoning posted:

No. For reference, Helton is T-79th all time with 369 HRs.

Gibson had around 250.

Hm. Adam Dunn played at Texas didn’t he? That’s gotta be one

e: oh duh Frank Thomas

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yep. Big Donkey quit football when Mack Brown wanted to move him to TE.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Frank Thomas was a TE or something at Auburn.

Jackie Robinson was a way better football player than he was baseball player in college but didn’t hit that many homers

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 8, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

Frank Thomas was a TE or something at Auburn

Joey Freshwater posted:

e: oh duh Frank Thomas

:mad:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

MourningView posted:

Frank Thomas was a TE or something at Auburn

That’s it.

My brother guessed Dave Winfield, who played baseball AND basketball at Minnesota, and yet was still selected in the NFL draft despite never playing college football.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mahoning posted:

That’s it.

My brother guessed Dave Winfield, who played baseball AND basketball at Minnesota, and yet was still selected in the NFL draft despite never playing college football.

Winfield was my first guess actually but then I remembered it was basketball. The NFL draft was like 18 rounds or something back then so they wound up taking a bunch of random guys

I didn’t see the edit!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/938973329527992320

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm disappointed Tennessee hired a potentially good coach after all of that. I was hoping for Al Golden.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Was Pruitt ever in the mix for an HC job before?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Some of the chatter when he was brought into DC Georgia in 2015 was that he was the putative head coach in waiting in the event that Richt retired/was fired, but allegedly he made such a toxic rear end of himself that even after Richt was carted off by the administration, nobody wanted Pruitt within fifty miles of campus. "Making a toxic rear end of himself" consisted of anything from publicly criticizing the administration for a lack of facilities/funding to [allegedly] getting into a fight with other coaches/assistants behind the scenes after the season went sour.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I don’t know if he’s actually interviewed but his name has come up for open jobs since he was at Georgia. He’s been a good DC for a long time.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Mahoning posted:

That’s it.

Dave Winfield is a cool guy who is one of the very few people (2 or 3) to be drafted by an MLB team, an NFL team, and an NBA team.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

maxallen posted:

I’m still not sure it wasn’t Currie leaking all of the interviews he was making, that way people could see he was totally trying! Not to mention, Fulmer was going around pitching Tennessee to coaches for him.

That's the thing that I was wondering after the Schiano hire. Like, was Schiano REALLY his #1, or did he get quietly turned down by others?

Actually, I had that question like a week and a half ago, before we were turned down by everyone except Mike Norvell.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Bo didnt homer much? Too bad

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Bo hit 20-30 dingers a year for most of his career. It's just that his leg broke off before he could get any decent all-time stats.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

That's the thing that I was wondering after the Schiano hire. Like, was Schiano REALLY his #1, or did he get quietly turned down by others?

Actually, I had that question like a week and a half ago, before we were turned down by everyone except Mike Norvell.

From what I heard on local radio, he wasn’t. Mullen was his #1 hire and he wanted the job, but Mullen kept waiting for UF to hire a coach first. So you can thank UCLA for putting the wheels in motion of this circus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jagged Jim posted:

Bo hit 20-30 dingers a year for most of his career. It's just that his leg broke off before he could get any decent all-time stats.

If there's ever an "American Athletics Hall of Fame" Bo would probably be the second entrant, behind Jim Thorpe.

• Locked thread