Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I quit cable at my old house and just bought one of those flat antennas you can stick on a window and was happy with that and netflix, and just subscribing to HBO when GoT came on.

But at my new house, my tv has no access to any window, so the antenna is flaky as gently caress and sucks. I have RCN in Boston which was charging me 44.99 for 125 mbps, so I talked to them and they're giving me basic cable plus hbo plus 250 mbps for 49.99, so that seems worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
When I turned 30, my hands started acting up. Stiff, weird pains, lost strength. Then it faded or I got used to it.

Turned 35 last month, hair suddenly decided it wanted to be thinner. I'm cleaning the drain of my shower a lot more often. Still thick enough that I don't have an obvious bald spot, but it's definitely shedding.

Aging sucks. But I'm way more of an rear end in a top hat now, so it evens out.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I turn 34 in a few months. I have a mortgage, a Real Grown Up Job, and a 401k and responsibilities and poo poo, but I still enjoy all the poo poo I did in my mid-20s so I guess I’m doing ok.

Also :whaddup: from Bangui, Central African Republic. I’ve been out here for the past week on a trip for my organization, and it’s been pretty bananas. Even though I’ve been here before, this place is pretty gnarly. Lots of bad poo poo going on in the countryside, and even though Bangui itself has been relatively calm lately, most of the other security pros at embassies that I’ve spoken with expect some sort of major security incident in the next year. I’m off to a safer place tomorrow so I don’t think I’m gonna be the next Vilerat.

Also, I may have been introduced to a person suspected of crimes against humanity yesterday, so I guess I got a brief taste of what Two Finger’s life is every time he steps foot on the Slavic Crime Yacht.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Welp two years have gone by and Comcast is jacking my monthly price up to 180 for TV and internet. Calling today to pull the plug on the TV.

my internet was $49/month and then my discount period ended so it was going up to $75. i called and complained and they bumped me up to the next tier ($99/month) for $60/month.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I had a spicy chicken sandwich (no, not that sandwich, this is from a local deli) that apparently has turned my rear end into a railgun. It was like, white people hot, but apparently my body ain't 'avin it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

nwiniwn posted:

I quit cable at my old house and just bought one of those flat antennas you can stick on a window and was happy with that and netflix, and just subscribing to HBO when GoT came on.

Basically me, but thanks to terrain/LOS, I only get Fox, Grit, and Retro TV over the air. :geno:

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Worse thing about getting old is the mild hand frostbite I got & laughed off in my 20s in hurts strong when I go out in subfreezing temps without gloves.

Been thinking about all the Bond villains I have watched recently.
A certain few stood out as icons of GIP, other Bond villains are way too healthy & well-adjusted to qualify as GIP icons.

Goldfinger, Senile grandpa(Spy who loved me), Drax (moonraker), and most of the Blofields(OnlyLiveTwice/Diamonds/Spectre) fit GIP exceptionally well.
Dr No has the VA quality medical prosthetics but is just too 1960's to fit in, Jaws has the Veteran Affairs dental work but is a mere recurring henchman.
Sean Bean & Christopher Walken have the attitude & rage to fit in, but are obscenely healthy & superfit and are therefore disqualifed under MedSep rules.

The quadruple agent villain in For Your eyes is simply just a 2016/2017 Trump cabinet member, and to this day, it is impossible to label the Live & let die villain because mother of god,
voodoo worship as enforcement cover + that scheme to Monopoly corner the US heroin market + every single bad guy in Live & let die being black is just dogbutton: .
Only Roger Moore could have pulled off Live & Let Die, othe Bond actors would have been super :stare: .

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Worse thing about getting old is the mild hand frostbite I got & laughed off in my 20s in hurts strong when I go out in subfreezing temps without gloves.

Been thinking about all the Bond villains I have watched recently.
A certain few stood out as icons of GIP, other Bond villains are way too healthy & well-adjusted to qualify as GIP icons.

Goldfinger, Senile grandpa(Spy who loved me), Drax (moonraker), and most of the Blofields(OnlyLiveTwice/Diamonds/Spectre) fit GIP exceptionally well.
Dr No has the VA quality medical prosthetics but is just too 1960's to fit in, Jaws has the Veteran Affairs dental work but is a mere recurring henchman.
Sean Bean & Christopher Walken have the attitude & rage to fit in, but are obscenely healthy & superfit and are therefore disqualifed under MedSep rules.

The quadruple agent villain in For Your eyes is simply just a 2016/2017 Trump cabinet member, and to this day, it is impossible to label the Live & let die villain because mother of god,
voodoo worship as enforcement cover + that scheme to Monopoly corner the US heroin market + every single bad guy in Live & let die being black is just dogbutton: .
Only Roger Moore could have pulled off Live & Let Die, othe Bond actors would have been super :stare: .

Matt Mira and Matt Gourley do a great podcast that just came back called James Bonding. The first iteration they watched alternating from oldest, Dr. No, to newest, at the time Quantum. They are revisiting the films again with some other subjects in between like this episode of ranking the Bond Villian's Deaths http://www.earwolf.com/episode/episode-052-villain-deaths-ranked/

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I usually don't watch podcasts. If there's a TLDR summary of stuff to look at on their website, sweet, otherwise thank you.

Goldfinger is pretty much Fat Bastard and/or Eric Cartman: Time Traveller.
I will limit my gushing over Christopher Lee to "I would hench for that man".
The villains in For your eyes + octopussy were really miscast or simply there because Bond movies NEED a villain to kill off at the end of the movie.
Classic Bond Blofield evolution was interesting, from Pleasance to supergay brit dude to telly savalas to wheelchair gimp who gets dumped into a smoke stack while promising Bond a stainless steel everything deli if Bond spares Blofield's life.

Dalton Bond was eerily close to Daniel Craig Bond, only Dalton Bond didn't have the sick close quarters combat skills or parkour skills; Dalton was the first bond I could see murdering someone in real life.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Usually you listen to them. They're great for a long commute when there's only garbage radio stations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
What is the worst Bond movie?

Trick question, it's License to Kill.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

joat mon posted:

I will beat your silly loving face in.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

joat mon posted:

Totally agree, License to Kill sucked rear end.
Licence to Kill on the other hand wasn't that bad.
Spectre or one of the Roger Moore era films was probably the worse Bond film.
Most people vote Golden Gun as being Golden poo poo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I can't stand Roger Moore

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I can't stand Roger Moore

Too bad for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X1ugbpkusA

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The Living Daylights

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quantum of solace

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Whatever movie had the stupid racing horse sub plot.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Totally agree, License to Kill sucked rear end.
Licence to Kill on the other hand wasn't that bad.
Spectre or one of the Roger Moore era films was probably the worse Bond film.
Most people vote Golden Gun as being Golden poo poo.

Moonraker was worse.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

quantum of solace

It's this

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The city is talking about opening urban deer hunting. Specific areas and restricted to bow, but deer hunting within the Colorado Springs city limit.

Apparently they're a loving pest here but I've only seen a handful since I moved here a year and a half ago.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Moonraker was worse.

True but, it did have Sebastian Gorka / grownup Tyrion Lannister as the villain

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My computer headset just broke, after 5 years of service. :rip: Logitech G35s.

Got new and improved ones coming by tomorrow. God bless capitalism.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The city is talking about opening urban deer hunting. Specific areas and restricted to bow, but deer hunting within the Colorado Springs city limit.

Apparently they're a loving pest here but I've only seen a handful since I moved here a year and a half ago.

murder all deer

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

murder and smoke all deer

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Vasudus posted:

I had a spicy chicken sandwich (no, not that sandwich, this is from a local deli) that apparently has turned my rear end into a railgun. It was like, white people hot, but apparently my body ain't 'avin it.

I dunno if it's post-30s life or a near decade of solid alcoholism but some days my stomach just decides it doesn't like something and that's that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't have room in my shitbox apartment to dress and smoke a deer.

But I'll be goddamned if I'm not tempted. I get free hunting licenses here anyhow, not sure about tags.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My mother refers to them as "rats with antlers." They eat the gently caress outta her flowers.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Grand Tour :toot:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its back???

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

At midnight IIRC yeah!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Already on Amazon...

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

orange juche posted:

At midnight IIRC yeah!

Which time zone?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

DoktorLoken posted:

Already on torrent sites

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Which time zone?

All time zones, it's out now man

You should be watching Grand Tour right now, if you arent it is unforgivable

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

orange juche posted:

All time zones, it's out now man

You should be watching Grand Tour right now, if you arent it is unforgivable

i have to finish my last assignment of the semester :(

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

How does anyone live without Amazon Prime?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Girl wearing a choker to the right of Jeremy. :swoon:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Do you guys have any suggestions for finding a good general contractor? I need to get a kitchen vent hood installed that would require modifying some existing cabinetry, and the work would involve a bit of carpentry, drywall, and roof penetration stuff. All my references through work fell through so I'm left with looking on my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

cowboy elvis posted:

Girl wearing a choker to the right of Jeremy. :swoon:

This is a current trend I can really get behind. Like yoga pants it can easily be ruined by the wrong person but god drat some girls in chokers 😍

They’re also kinda losing the stigma because of it

• Locked thread