Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait for the Tarantino Star Trek movie where he has characters use the N-word 50 times just to let us know they still say it in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DC Films shake up following Justice League

Jon Berg is out, Geoff Johns' role is expanding, with talks that the whole franchise may be brought under Warner Bros.

But you don't want to know about studio politics, you want to know what happened with Justice League and the future of the DCEU...

quote:

An early version, directed by Zack Snyder, alarmed studio executives with its dark tone. That had been the knock on Snyder’s two previous DC films, “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” After his daughter committed suicide, Snyder eventually left the production before it underwent costly re-shoots. Joss Whedon, who had been brought on the punch up the dialogue, took over directing, but studio brass recognized that so much footage had been shot already that there were limits to what could be done to improve the picture. Studio executives realized early on that Snyder’s decision to have Steppenwolf, a god-like, all-CGI creation, as the principal antagonist was faulty. In fact, many reviews were particularly harsh about Steppenwolf, criticizing the character for being one-note and the product of unconvincing visual effects.

There are no immediate plans for Snyder to direct another DC movie, though he is producing or executive producing several, including “Wonder Woman 2” and “Aquaman.” Warner Bros. continues to have a production deal with Snyder, so it’s possible he could direct additional films for the studio. Time Warner is said to be frustrated that Warner Bros. leaders continue to bring the director back, especially after “Batman v Superman” was excoriated by critics even though it made money. They are also upset that each new DC film seems to be making less money than its predecessor. Only “Wonder Woman,” with its optimistic heroine, managed to be both a critical and commercial success.

While Ben Affleck is expected to appear as Batman in a standalone Flash movie, it is highly unlikely he will don the cape and cowl in Matt Reeves’ planned standalone Batman movie. The director is said to want to cast the role with fresh talent, according to sources.

Warner Bros. believes that “Justice League” succeeded in one importantly respect: it effectively introduced Flash (a quippy speedster played by Ezra Miller) and Aquaman (the king of Atlantis, portrayed by Jason Momoa). A solo “Aquaman” is due out in 2018 and Warners is still developing a standalone Flash adventure. Going forward, Warner Bros. is planning a sequel to “Wonder Woman” that’s believed to be set in the Cold War, and New Line has greenlit a “Shazam” feature.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The MSJ posted:

If anyone was wondering, that Tarantino Star Trek movie is being pitched as R rated.

Finally we can see full penetration when Kirk bangs some space babes.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The MSJ posted:

It's Yesterday's Enterprise.

You mean the episode Tarantino will use? Because the episode with Worfs is Parallels.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Young Freud posted:

Geoff Johns' role is expanding,

Cant wait for the Barry Allen and Hal Jordan Cinematic Universe

the cilmactic film will be like Gamera, but instead of the love of children everywhere it will be every hero talking about how noble and pure Barry Allen is.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FreudianSlippers posted:

What the he’ll kind of R-rated movies have you been watching?!?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The best kind.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I thought Johns' role is being reduced to an advisory one.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Young Freud posted:

DC Films shake up following Justice League

"In fact, many reviews were particularly harsh about Steppenwolf, criticizing the character for being one-note and the product of unconvincing visual effects."

Bet they're super jazzed about Thanos.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Superman showing up and smiling while beating up Generic CGI Villain is the hopeful crap that should have been in the prior Superman films. We finally get a tiny bit of what we should be getting and it can't even get Thor 3 numbers because of all the goodwill they've burned. I don't even mind Affleck as Batman. The music callbacks are another thing that just showed what was missing from the prior films. The current theory is they will use Flashpoint as a soft reboot, but if the studio is getting shaken up so much they might just completely wipe everything except some of the stars.

Jurassic World 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9mMeWcgoM

I should probably watch the first one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Superman showing up and smiling like an idiot was terrible, and the score was by far the worst thing about the film

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Based on the comment at the end about it being a good idea to watch Jurassic World, I'm assuming that post is all sarcasm.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The score was godawful, but Pet Sematary Superman is actually kinda funny.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Steppenwolf was terrible (and it seems like he always was going off that blurb), but Superman being all cheery when he comes back is good and makes sense.

Dude gets the martyr fame without the dying part, his paranoid stalker took his lesson to heart and assembled a team of people to take care of things, and his reputation among people is now uniformly super positive. It would be far weirder for country boy superalien to be all CRAWWWWLING IN MY THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT IN THE EN- instead of corny and optimistic.

I mean, at no point is Steppenwolf posing even a Zod level threat, so its not like he'd be much if a mood killer.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
MA'AM :downs:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

RugClockVexx posted:

Is Tarantino a fan of Trek? Or did he just have a really fantastic foot-lickin'-good idea regarding Trek one day?

Kill Bill starts off with an "old Klingon proverb" so one would assume so.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It isn't even the corny bad dialogue (though it is very corny and very bad) they actually upped like, the reverb, on Caville's voice he doesn't even fuckin sound natural and his face looks like an old butter sculpture.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Neurolimal posted:

Steppenwolf was terrible (and it seems like he always was going off that blurb), but Superman being all cheery when he comes back is good and makes sense.

Dude gets the martyr fame without the dying part, his paranoid stalker took his lesson to heart and assembled a team of people to take care of things, and his reputation among people is now uniformly super positive. It would be far weirder for country boy superalien to be all CRAWWWWLING IN MY THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT IN THE EN- instead of corny and optimistic.

I mean, at no point is Steppenwolf posing even a Zod level threat, so its not like he'd be much if a mood killer.

No dude.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I was really expecting Cavill's CGI mouth to have been blown out of proportion for a couple shots but it was actually really jarring and frequent. Especially since there are the obvious shots of Real Cavill Mouth to compare it to in the rest of the movie.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Jurassic World 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9mMeWcgoM

I should probably watch the first one
No, don't bother. This one looks lovely too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Alita trailer drops tomorrow. Pls look good :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeUOV6JpzgI

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The score was godawful, but Pet Sematary Superman is actually kinda funny.

almost every single person, whether they liked the film or not, universally praised the moment where Superman was fighting everyone and he slowly turned to look at Flash while he was super-fast running. That was the best moment of the whole thing because it was simultaneously hilarious (Ezra Miller has some good facial expressions) and a really terrifying display of how powerful Superman is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Not enough crying and necksnapping for my tastes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honestly I'm fine with Superman neck snapping every bad guy.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Jurassic World 2 looks awesome. Dinosaurs on fire jumping off cliffs into the ocean.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DC Murderverse posted:

almost every single person, whether they liked the film or not, universally praised the moment where Superman was fighting everyone and he slowly turned to look at Flash while he was super-fast running. That was the best moment of the whole thing because it was simultaneously hilarious (Ezra Miller has some good facial expressions) and a really terrifying display of how powerful Superman is.

The rumor is that this was basically what the movie was before, Steppenwolf was going to bring Superman back as his servant the Justice league would have to free him.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Honestly I'm fine with Superman neck snapping every bad guy.

He should have snapped Steppenwolf's neck while shouting "yeah!", just to show how fun he'd become. Him smiling as he's torn apart is nice and all, but it's not as clean a parallel.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hey look as long as he saved a bunch of people he can murder all he wants.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sir Kodiak posted:

He should have snapped Steppenwolf's neck while shouting "yeah!", just to show how fun he'd become. Him smiling as he's torn apart is nice and all, but it's not as clean a parallel.

It should be like that GIF of Snyder demonstrating how Superman snaps Zod's neck.

edit: And he should say "tell that to Steppenwolf's snapped neck".

Joss Whedon did to Superman what he did to Cap in his Avengers movie.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Penis Directive
The Prime Erective

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Jurassic World 2 looks awesome. Dinosaurs on fire jumping off cliffs into the ocean.

Jurassic Park version of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Cliff could be nutso cool

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DC Murderverse posted:

The kicker is that was one of the few things made by Snyder that survived Whedon's bullshit.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

RugClockVexx posted:

Is Tarantino a fan of Trek? Or did he just have a really fantastic foot-lickin'-good idea regarding Trek one day?

Tarantino: What if... in the rebooted universe, the Ferengi are more into feet than ears? And-and we see one Ferengi with a face like a squeezed-in catcher's mitt lovingly stroke... *furiously fingers rolodex for Uma Thurman's number*

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!
I'd rather give him Star Trek than give him Charles loving Manson

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The funniest thing anyone can say about tarantino doing this is "i bet he uses racial slurs in a star trek :haw:" but loving nobody is making good rear end jokes about how this is a chance for him to create elegant 9 toed green alien feet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just let Tarantino do whatever the gently caress, I hope. It'll either be unexpectedly amazing, or amazingly terrible, and either way be a lot of fun to talk about.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

basic hitler posted:

The funniest thing anyone can say about tarantino doing this is "i bet he uses racial slurs in a star trek :haw:" but loving nobody is making good rear end jokes about how this is a chance for him to create elegant 9 toed green alien feet.

People aren't joking about that, is the thing. From what I've seen, people are angry as gently caress about Tarantino getting Star Trek because it means the N-word will now inevitably be said in Star Trek.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

People aren't joking about that, is the thing. From what I've seen, people are angry as gently caress about Tarantino getting Star Trek because it means the N-word will now inevitably be said in Star Trek.

And as usual none of these people watched Deep Space Nine.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Watched the Jurassic World trailer. I like the idea that there might not be an antagonist, just a disaster.

I think that was Carnotaurus, it's a shame they already blew their chameleon dinosaur wad last movie. There's no evidence in real life, but that was Carnotaurus' thing in the Lost World book. And I think they were an arcade game boss.

I like dinosaurs and would like this movie to be good.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Inescapable Duck posted:

And as usual none of these people watched Deep Space Nine.

I don't remember the 'n' word in ds9 and I just watched it again this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Yep, I think that is what will happen is Quentin Tarantino will produce a script filled with his most easily parodied known tics and pump it into Star Trek like exactly what you'd expect from a "Quentin Tarantino Presents: Star Trek" sketch on Robot Chicken. Because he's a gas huffing dummy, obviously.

• Locked thread