Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Investing money in buttcoin to get your wife titty implants is a bad idea but do it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Definitely 100% invest as much as you can in bitcoin and soon you'll be rolling in sweet sweet titty cash. Remember bitcoin only goes up uP UP so the more you invest the bigger the honkers you'll be able to put on your wife. Make her look like a tiny woman balanced chest-down on two enormous flesh colored weather balloons.

Also definitely post a gofundme to ask your friends to pay for your wife's tit surgery.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

Investing money in buttcoin to get your wife titty implants is a bad idea but do it anyway

Well, yeah. He needs to be investing in boobcoin.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Me [30 M] with my wife [32 F] 10 years, are considering a boob job

Less for the post itself and more for this string of comments:

:psyduck:

Duck and deck, respectively.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

quote:

I'm not a fan of the surgery myself

seems at odds with

quote:

tl;dr: How do I reassure my wife that spending money on herself is important for her and how can I make money to help her a.s.a.p.

Edit: Has anyone got experience with crowdfunding sites? Would anyone recommend them or advise using them?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

quote:

The dog was coming down a hallway so I had a moment to see him coming and assess the situation. I paused for a moment to let him get close enough and I kicked him as hard as I could.

This guy writes like he's goddamn Robocop, 'assessing the situation'. Only his directive 4 is 'punt the dog'

I can kinda understand the fear of a loose dog though. My aunt had a boxer dog that without provocation bit me on the hand and face. They didn't get rid of it, but I was terrified of that rear end in a top hat until he died, even though he seemed to gravitate towards me. Then they got a second boxer.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Beachcomber posted:

Duck and deck, respectively.

Or dock. You used to bathe it in creosote first, but I understand that's not environmentally sound now.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I get that dog owners are mad, but people unfamiliar with dogs (and even familiar with dogs) can misread a dog's intentions pretty easily. Personally, I probably wouldn't kick first unless it really looked threatening or tried to attack obviously, but I've seen first hand a large dog run up to my aunt's poodle, with no teeth bared or barking or any signs of aggression, and the poodle ran up too to presumably trade butt smells and this other dog just lunged in and tore out his throat, so yeah.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Blade Runner posted:

I'm basically just on the side of "If I'm some random moron who doesn't know enough about dogs to actually determine that" as a concept because if you didn't grow up with dogs and know nothing about them, it doesn't necessarily seem too hard to run into just plain not knowing if the dog is doing the happy charging at you, or the murder charging at you. The guy is a moron for trying to say he was just protecting his family, dude was straight kicking that dog in the face to save himself, but I'd do the same if I were a pissbaby who didn't know how to tell a happy dog from a murderous one

Although perhaps someone who knows so little about if dogs are about to murder you that they'll just start kicking shouldn't be turning up to the dog brewery either.

Since the topic is on dogs and I have finally got near the end of this thread I want to share my dog story. Here in Sweden public transport is good and you can take dogs almost anywhere, so it's fairly common for me to take my German Shepard on the train or subway. Every 3rd-4th carriage is clearly marked as "you can have dogs in here" while the others are "no dogs besides guide dogs". All well and good. The thing that really confuses me though, is that some people who seem to be deathly afraid of dogs sit on the dog-friendly carriage and then poo poo their pants when they see a dog. If you are scared of dogs, that's a shame, I can understand it, but why sit in the dog area? Like I have had people scream, jump out of their seats, gasp and clutch themselves etc. I have a bit of a phobia of needles/injections, so if there were certain areas on the train where needles would randomly pop out of the seats and suck out my blood I would make sure to sit in the non-needle areas, because of loving course I would. It's also very uncommon for the trains to be crowded enough you could not easily sit in the majority of the train where dogs are not allowed, and my dog is very calm and well-controlled. This happens constantly though :confused:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

If your dog isn't amazing with other dogs or people, you don't let it off leash

Sometimes this still ends badly when other people let their dog off leash though

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

A dog friendly brewery isn't necessarily a "dog brewery," like the city I live in is very dog friendly and most of the breweries allow dogs.

I don't bring my dog because he is a little rear end in a top hat.

He's a little rear end in a top hat because he got mauled and I got bit by a pit who's owner was doing that bullshit "not hold the leash" thing because "she's normally so sweet" and you can bet you rear end I kicked, tackled, and otherwise did my best to gently caress up that dog to save mine, and I'd do it again. Hold your loving dog's leash and if it doesn't heel properly, maybe don't take it places where it can get loose and get into trouble. It's not that hard to not be a lovely dog owner.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

13Pandora13 posted:

A dog friendly brewery isn't necessarily a "dog brewery," like the city I live in is very dog friendly and most of the breweries allow dogs.

I don't bring my dog because he is a little rear end in a top hat.

He's a little rear end in a top hat because he got mauled and I got bit by a pit who's owner was doing that bullshit "not hold the leash" thing because "she's normally so sweet" and you can bet you rear end I kicked, tackled, and otherwise did my best to gently caress up that dog to save mine, and I'd do it again. Hold your loving dog's leash and if it doesn't heel properly, maybe don't take it places where it can get loose and get into trouble. It's not that hard to not be a lovely dog owner.

Again: licensing and mandatory insurance. It's not rocket science!

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Doctor J Off posted:

Though the path of the dogpuncher may be a lonely one, one must heed its call

Did he bring his kids to a bar (and then start bitching about people’s pets) or is he being really petulant about MY FAMILY when it was just him and his wife?

Scathach posted:

Honestly anyone that outright hates animals shouldn't be dated and certainly shouldn't have kids.

:trumppop:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
When you see a stranger with a large dog off a leash, sadly it's safest to assume they're a lovely dog owner whose dog may try to maul you on a whim. I've got a friend who's barely survived being horribly mauled by huge vicious unleashed dogs twice as a child, once was a freaking wolf hybrid. Every single one will say 'You must have done something to provoke them!'.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I've known plenty, otherwise good, people who raised really poorly behaved dogs because they were too loving lazy to train them.

It makes me want to refuse invitations to their houses because I don't feel like getting trampled and scratched and slurped by big, hyper dogs.

And I like dogs.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Like my dog pretty much wants to sniff hands and then walk away and I don't let her off leash.

It makes her pretty easy to deal with for company though so that's nice.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I [21F] was writing a journal of love letters for my boyfriend [21M] and he told me he doesn't want it

quote:

A few months after my boyfriend and I started dating, I started writing in a journal with the intention of completing it and giving it to him for a special occasion or something. I got busy with school and kinda forgot about it for a few months but I found it while I was cleaning out a drawer today.

We are long distance so we regularly FaceTime in the evenings and when he called tonight I told him about the journal and asked if he wanted it unfinished or if he wanted me to start writing again and give it to him when it was full. He told me he doesn’t care about it and doesn’t want me to give it to him and that he knows how much I love him already. He also said he didn’t need more stuff because he was trying to downsize and that I could just throw it away. That really hurt my feelings because I express myself through my writing and I thought the journal was a really sweet gift with time and love poured into it. He could tell I was upset and said that if I was going to keep being sad about it that he was just gonna hang up and I said okay goodnight and he said whatever and hung up.

I know that writing isn’t important to him and that he expressed love other ways but I don’t understand why he couldn’t just say “that’s nice, finish it however you want and I’ll take it anytime you give it to me” or something along those lines. I’ve told him before that writing means a lot to me.

At one point I had decided I wanted us to write letters back and forth so we could have them in the future and he begrudgingly agreed to do it even though he clearly voiced he thought it was stupid. We each sent two letters. Both of his were short and didn’t go very in depth which I expected. Each time the letters were brought up he said something along the lines of “this is stupid but I’m doing it because you like it” which kinda hurt my feelings but I just let it go. I didn’t send one back after receiving his second one because neither of the letters I received from him were very special and he was complaining.

I feel really unappreciated right now and I want him to accept my writing and actually like it. It’s all very heartfelt and more expressive than I am with words. What can I do to help him see this from my perspective? Am I wasting my time writing for him?

TL;DR- My boyfriend doesn’t appreciate the love letters I write for him even though it’s the best way I express myself. He even told me I could throw away a special project I was working on for him.

*beep boop* hu-mon female is expressing emotions *whirr click* error error error abort conversation

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

La Brea Carpet posted:

I [21F] was writing a journal of love letters for my boyfriend [21M] and he told me he doesn't want it

quote:

He could tell I was upset and said that if I was going to keep being sad about it that he was just gonna hang up and I said okay goodnight and he said whatever and hung up.

*beep boop* hu-mon female is expressing emotions *whirr click* error error error abort conversation
How do guys like this manage to even get a girl to talk to them, let alone date and stay with them? :psypop:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

It's time to reconsider your LDR when your bf/gf treats you with less respect than they would a telemarketer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yawgmoth posted:

How do guys like this manage to even get a girl to talk to them, let alone date and stay with them? :psypop:
[/quote]

Some broken women get the idea that it's a woman's job to teach a man how to feel emotions properly.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My [22F] fiancé [30sM] refused to get on one knee during our proposal. Am I right to be upset?

quote:

He asked me to marry him. I was ecstatic, but at the risk of sounding like a brat, I didn't feel that it was too terribly romantic and he asked me while we were just sitting down together. I began to wonder why he didn't get down on one knee, so I asked why, weeks later. He said and I quote, "Only idiots do that." Ok, my dad did so I guess he's an idiot.... "I will never kneel for anyone but God." He's not really even that religious, but okay "I associate it with begging and I'm not doing that. Nobody does that except in movies."

Am I right for being upset/concerned? Any thoughts or input? To me it's a respect thing.

*TL;DR: fiancé refused to get on one knee to propose, claiming its "akin to begging." Am I in the wrong for being upset? *

I'm torn. On the one hand, this is a really dumb thing for her to get mad about, on the other hand, his reasons for not doing it are also very dumb.

I guess they're perfect for each other.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Please don't marry somebody 10+ years older than you as a 22 y.o who unironically says "I WILL NEVER KNEEL FOR ANYONE BUT GOD" in a situation that isn't being asked to swear fealty by an invading monarch in the Middle-Ages, followed by a beheading.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jeza posted:

Please don't marry somebody 10+ years older than you as a 22 y.o who unironically says "I WILL NEVER KNEEL FOR ANYONE BUT GOD" in a situation that isn't being asked to swear fealty by an invading monarch in the Middle-Ages, followed by a beheading.

Of course, you should marry a man sensible enough to have a place in the new regime.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

La Brea Carpet posted:

If you read between the lines here, they've never lived in the same place.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Reddit thinks diary girl is in the wrong for writing letters because "that's not his love language" lmao

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jeza posted:

He'd rather die on his feet than date on his knees.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I will only kneel before God, and possibly Zod.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Inescapable Duck posted:

I will only kneel before God, and possibly Zod.
There is no god, only Zuul.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Better to rule single than serve in marriage.

My [26/M] girlfriend [23/F] of 5 years cheated on me. I'm still a virgin. How do I move on from these feelings of inadequacy and betrayal?

quote:

Brief backstory: I grew up in a VERY conservative Christian home, verging on cult-like, for the first 18 or so years of life. I was homeschooled through high school, and as a result I'm more introverted and less social than most people.

I met my (now ex) girlfriend in an online chat room when I was 20 years old and after a few weeks of talking we developed a long distance relationship together. She lived in Europe and I live in the US, but I visited her 6 or 7 times over the years, often for a month at a time. She was my first and only girlfriend, first kiss, and first love, first everything.

Neither her nor I had sex with anyone before, and though we played around with oral sex a few times, when I tried to progress past this, she always stopped me.

Last year she came to the US via a visa program. She was still long distance, but at least in the US now. We visited a few more times, but things were more and more rocky between us each time we met. She became more distant and critical of me. Two months ago she told me that she had sex with (and lost her virginity to) a guy she met at a club. When I asked her why after 5 years of never having sex with me she had sex with a random stranger she met at a club, she told me she just wasn't attracted to me. We broke up and I've tried to cut off contact with her since.

I honestly don't know how to react to this. I'm still deeply hurt and finding it impossible to move on despite the desire to. The idea of sex, let alone a relationship with someone else, feels almost impossible to me, and I can't get over the betrayal I feel from her.

tl;dr: My first and only girlfriend of 5 years had sex with a random guy she met at a club despite withholding sex from me throughout our entire relationship. How I'm supposed to move past these feelings of remorse and regret, let alone start dating now in my late 20s with absolutely no experience in it?

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

girl pants posted:

Reddit thinks diary girl is in the wrong for writing letters because "that's not his love language" lmao

It's cool that love languages have become a form of emotional currency you can choose to accept or reject based on your own emotional whims. "Sorry, I can't accept your physical affection, as I only take acts of service/check/money order."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My love language is Bitcoin

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Naerasa posted:

It's cool that love languages have become a form of emotional currency you can choose to accept or reject based on your own emotional whims. "Sorry, I can't accept your physical affection, as I only take acts of service/check/money order."

That seems to happen to literally everything that's meant to help people understand or emphasise with each other once internet people get their hands on it and turn it into a way to force people to obey your brokebrained whims.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

WampaLord posted:

My [22F] fiancé [30sM]

Does ... does she not know how old her fiance is?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm sorry my source of emotional income dried up once Bitcoin got hacked.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Jeza posted:

hey, question, my mate's getting married to an enormous mantid-woman, she's extremely devoted to the She-Queen of the Glistening Hive and is insisting on an orthodox ceremony. This means, after he Implants and she spurts out her Ootheca, she eats his head and brains. his side of the family def isn't down to see their son get his noggin tore off by a weird sexy space-bug, should we rig up a guillotine or get a huge muscly bare-chested fella in a hood to lop that ole skullpan off with a scimitar?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Buzkashi posted:

She does but knows if she posts 31-39 she'll get poo poo on extra hard.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

WampaLord posted:

My [22F] fiancé [30sM] refused to get on one knee during our proposal. Am I right to be upset?

I'm torn. On the one hand, this is a really dumb thing for her to get mad about, on the other hand, his reasons for not doing it are also very dumb.

I guess they're perfect for each other.

Yeah, normally I'd say she's dumb for being mad at it, but I think she should probably be worried with the red flags he's thrown out in his reasoning...because lol. I'll never understand couples that don't talk about expectations around stuff like this before they get to the actual moment. You don't need to plan out the entire thing, but cover some loving basics people!

Buzkashi posted:

He's more than likely in his upper 30s and she doesn't want to deal with people harping on the age gap. Which is funny because it's the internet and you could just say he's 30 and no one would ever know. Even if he was 30, that's an 8 year gap which is pretty big when she's 22...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Buzkashi posted:

Ouhei posted:

He's more than likely in his upper 30s and she doesn't want to deal with people harping on the age gap.

Bingo. He's 35+ for sure. Which is another giant red flag, of course.

Ouhei posted:

Which is funny because it's the internet and you could just say he's 30 and no one would ever know.

This is a good point. I wonder how many of these stories have secret age gaps that the writer was smart enough to lie about.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Better to rule single than serve in marriage.

My [26/M] girlfriend [23/F] of 5 years cheated on me. I'm still a virgin. How do I move on from these feelings of inadequacy and betrayal?

Good newa, it was all part of God’s plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

WampaLord posted:

Bingo. He's 35+ for sure. Which is another giant red flag, of course.

This is a good point. I wonder how many of these stories have secret age gaps that the writer was smart enough to lie about.

I think most people with the social acumen to lie about this would be bright enough to dump the motherfucker without having to crowdsource it