Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I want to know what all these people think what we, as Americans, get out of recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capitol. What's the incentive, and how could it possibly be worth pissing off millions of other people?

I don't think it's much more than the American right having pissing off people they dislike as its main end goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

I don't think it's much more than the American right having pissing off people they dislike

That being the entire population of Earth except for a bunch of people in Israel and the USA.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Hahahaha, I've seen so much babyrage over that verdict but of course the best content comes from this thread.

And then the pettiest and miraculously still viable "blame Hillary."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Cat Mattress posted:

So, this uses both kilometers and nautical miles and feet.

Great way to lose space probes and airliners.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

"Hmmmm, no, not incisive enough. I should label the shadow and add a title explaining the joke."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Only Ramirez is dumb enough to realize that at this point, continuing to criticize Franken does not help Republicans because everything bad they have to say about Franken can be thrown back at them ten times worse if Moore wins and isn't thrown out of the Senate. Every other Republican talking head has shut up about it, and a few are even defending Franken, but not Ramirez. So either Ramirez sincerely has a problem with sexual harrassment (hahahahahaha) or he hasn't gotten the memo.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Trogdos! posted:

I have no reason to believe that this isn't an original Kirschen

:tipshat:

Pants Donkey posted:

Considering that Kirschen is begging for money to stay off the streets, I assume he either lost his job or is paid considerably less than that (which is still too much).

Oh really? Last I heard he was getting an obscene amount of money from some Israeli far right newspaper. That's good to hear. I hope he starves to death.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Franken has been in the news for weeks now. Can you imagine being so creatively bankrupt that you just let one of the obvious jokes, one that has already been done many times by others, slide out of your rear end in a top hat like a sad turd.

Two Pulitzers.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Franken(Stein('s Monster))

Nice joke, idiot.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Holy gently caress that last panel.

"GOP: Not a stroller." :drat:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Wow, Rall gets so close to making a good clean joke and then absolutely loving nosedives with that punchline.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

Wow, Rall gets so close to making a good clean joke and then absolutely loving nosedives with that punchline.

tedrallphoneblowjob.jpg

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'd give Tinsley an iota of respect if he just came out and said "Believe women when they accuse democrats, but not Republicans."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Of course, of course... For now..." the devil hissed. The elephant was too stupid to realize what he'd done by bargaining away all of the children.

e: Tinsley isn't even doing that, it legit sounds like he doesn't want to believe ANY of the women EVER. I'm not sure how the hell he's written that many comics about it, or how he hasn't been told to quit that poo poo by his publishers, because he sure is defending all the molesters wholeheartedly and has been for weeks. And its tone deaf as gently caress. Who's nodding along agreeing "Yes, lets not believe the women!" except for... other molesters?

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 8, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi4Ie7YotWo

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are those supposed to be air quotes in the last panel or is she making some kind of Swedish gesture I’m not familiar with?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Good, because he never said that?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are those supposed to be air quotes in the last panel or is she making some kind of Swedish gesture I’m not familiar with?
Being a Thalidomide baby explains a lot about Zelda.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
She's just connecting her thumb and ring/pinky finger as she does the airquote. Also, am I just now realizing Zelda does the four-fingers thing for characters? I'm only seeing four fingers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ularg posted:

She's just connecting her thumb and ring/pinky finger as she does the airquote. Also, am I just now realizing Zelda does the four-fingers thing for characters? I'm only seeing four fingers.

Kalle Anka influence.

Tinkeron
Sep 11, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

Franken has been in the news for weeks now. Can you imagine being so creatively bankrupt that you just let one of the obvious jokes, one that has already been done many times by others, slide out of your rear end in a top hat like a sad turd.

Two Pulitzers.

He spent all his effort making a caricature that vaguely resembled Franken, lay off it's hard okay

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Oh really? Last I heard he was getting an obscene amount of money from some Israeli far right newspaper. That's good to hear. I hope he starves to death.

Kirschen begs for donations below every cartoon of his, I just cut that out. He's also been making begging posts without a cartoon at an increasing rate. He's blaming "the decline of the traditional newspaper media" as the source of his troubles.

... Actually now that I checked it, Jposts's Kirschen page has no new cartoons since Aug 6. Maybe they've finally given him the boot.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The only moral welfare is wingnut welfare.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ularg posted:

The characters in Zelda only has four fingers, which gets weird in the newer strips where the art is more detailed.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Tinsley's just been going for a week straight on "WOMEN LIE!!!" hasn't he?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wonder how many skeletons are in Tinsleys closet. Maybe that's why he drinks so much. (Seriously, does Tinsley have a history or is it just general bullshit defense artist?)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm doing retail this season and there are people who say Merry Christmas in a way that makes it seem like a challenge. Like they're the last defenders of Christmas in some kind of Festivus apocalypse.

I say take a page from Kirschen's book here and insinuate Hanukkah into the deal while acting like you're still sticking it to the libs

"Yes! And happy Hanukkah as well! :)" Wink conspiratorially as you add "I'm so glad that in the age of Trump we can say these things again."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

loquacius posted:

I say take a page from Kirschen's book here and insinuate Hanukkah into the deal while acting like you're still sticking it to the libs

"Yes! And happy Hanukkah as well! :)" Wink conspiratorially as you add "I'm so glad that in the age of Trump we can say these things again."
He's doing it this way because "Happy Holidays" would include Muslims, but saying "Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah" excludes it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kirschen is pretty stupid since the people screeching about "Happy Holidays" are pissed everyone else isn't excluding non-Christian religions. They aren't fighting to put Happy Hanukkah on the Starbucks cups next the Merry Christmas.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

He's doing it this way because "Happy Holidays" would include Muslims, but saying "Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah" excludes it.

Is there a Muslim holiday around this time of year these days? When I was a kid it was Ramadan but that was in June this year so

e: it was Mawlid three days ago as celebrated by Shia apparently; happy Shia Mawlid everyone

Radish posted:

Kirschen is pretty stupid since the people screeching about "Happy Holidays" are pissed everyone else isn't excluding non-Christian religions. They aren't fighting to put Happy Hanukkah on the Starbucks cups next the Merry Christmas.

Exactly

The war-on-Christmas people aren't fighting the fight he thinks they're fighting, and his cartoon would actually infuriate them

loquacius fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 8, 2017

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

So, this uses both kilometers and nautical miles and feet.

It's a miracle they made it down in one piece.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

e: someone already said it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Wonder how Kirschen feels about this:

https://twitter.com/AliABCNews/status/938932068884668416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

*Puts on political cartoonist hat*

"Boy, corruption is so bad in Brazil that even the literal clowns in congress can't stand it anymore!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pakled posted:

Only Ramirez is dumb enough to realize that at this point, continuing to criticize Franken does not help Republicans because everything bad they have to say about Franken can be thrown back at them ten times worse if Moore wins and isn't thrown out of the Senate. Every other Republican talking head has shut up about it, and a few are even defending Franken, but not Ramirez. So either Ramirez sincerely has a problem with sexual harrassment (hahahahahaha) or he hasn't gotten the memo.
It helps promote the "both sides are equally bad" mindset in those that don't really pay attention, which is a helluva lot of people.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Also, just like abortions, it's perfectly moral to sexually harass women when a good Christian Republican does it because their circumstance is unique and different from everyone else's. Only becomes a crime when done by a godless Democrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Stanis is Stanis but he did get the look of sadness, fear and bewilderment right on the little Elephant.

• Locked thread