Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

The kid was crying he was so scared. And what kind of police SOP has a “potentially armed” suspect crawl towards the police. One cop covers the other as the clear the suspect as a threat, then they cuff them. That’s policing 101. How any rational person could let the cop off is beyond me, unless this video was somehow suppressed.

Shooting happened in January 2016 I think and judge just released the video to the public, not sure about jurors seeing it but I assume they would? There's people in that twitter thread saying the cop acted rationally cause the guy reaches for his pants while crawling (trying to pull his pants up) so that explains why cops get away with this BS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
N/m

Lurks Morington fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Dec 8, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I can confidently say that the tactics there were totally wrong (I can't even call them tactics) and the officer absolutely should have been convicted.

I mean what the gently caress

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Shooting happened in January 2016 I think and judge just released the video to the public, not sure about jurors seeing it but I assume they would? There's people in that twitter thread saying the cop acted rationally cause the guy reaches for his pants while crawling (trying to pull his pants up) so that explains why cops get away with this BS

People are clearly stupid. His pants wouldn’t have been an issue if the cops did their job according to procedure.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

The kid was crying he was so scared. And what kind of police SOP has a “potentially armed” suspect crawl towards the police. One cop covers the other as the clear the suspect as a threat, then they cuff them. That’s policing 101. How any rational person could let the cop off is beyond me, unless this video was somehow suppressed.

No poo poo. I watched the dude start crawling and was like why the gently caress aren't they moving TO THE SUSPECT?

All because the poor fucker was showing someone the BB gun he used in his pest control job, just slightly too close to the window. Good game, Mesa cops.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i dunno i don't think "if you make a mistake you will die" should be how it goes but what do i know.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

i dunno i don't think "if you make a mistake you will die" should be how it goes but what do i know.

:clint: Sorry, kid. Simon didn't say.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
E: forget it

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Dec 8, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

egyptian rat race posted:

Based on my co-workers' assessment of past officer shootings...
1. Cop is inherently good
2. If cop does something bad, it's because he was trying to do a good thing
3. If cop is trying to do a good thing, whoever is on the receiving end is in the wrong

Additionally:

4. Cop has danger job, if scared gets to do anything ever, and should always be scared.
5. Person interacting with cop should respond with 100% clarity and adherence to commands as intended by cop, even if not as stated by cop. Be rational!
6. If I were in that situation, cop would not have hurt me, because I know how to act.
7. What if no cops?
8. Let me tell you about omelettes.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

It's beginning to be a lot like Christmas

Comments section obviously.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/939014159726870530

dude got acquitted, video has someone being shot so thats your warning

Lol and the jury let him off because they bought the argument that that poor sob was maybe reaching for a gun when he was crying and screaming on the floor. How do lawyers find people that stupid and guillable?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

No poo poo. I watched the dude start crawling and was like why the gently caress aren't they moving TO THE SUSPECT?

Because pointing a gun at a crying man and forcing him to crawl over to you is just so much more satisfying (if you're a sadistic psycho).

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zeroisanumber posted:

Lol and the jury let him off because they bought the argument that that poor sob was maybe reaching for a gun when he was crying and screaming on the floor. How do lawyers find people that stupid and guillable?

Well when both the DA and defense are trying to find jurors sympathetic to cops...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Stultus Maximus posted:

Because pointing a gun at a crying man and forcing him to crawl over to you is just so much more satisfying (if you're a sadistic psycho).

wouldn't surprise me if we find out in 20 years that the cop is a pedophile and/or a rapist because of the obvious power grab he was after.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

So it turns out Trump and team were e-mailed a decryption key for Wikileaks stuff in September 2016....

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/939122861666721792

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Soulex posted:

What is this?

I mean explain it better than I understand it.

So what would happen if you opened a 529, deposited up to your states deduction limit, took the tax deduction, and you/your partner had a miscarriage? What social do you use when you start the account?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DoktorLoken posted:

So it turns out Trump and team were e-mailed a decryption key for Wikileaks stuff in September 2016....

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/939122861666721792

Not all that shocking, its become readily obvious Wikileaks was not only talking to Trump's campaign, but actively seeking to assist them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nephzinho posted:

So what would happen if you opened a 529, deposited up to your states deduction limit, took the tax deduction, and you/your partner had a miscarriage? What social do you use when you start the account?

now you're catching on...

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Speaking of dipshits and wikileaks.

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/938848616030105600

I thought David Simon's response was most apt.
https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/939124134633762817

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

You'd have to be totally naive to think that the modern Republican party wrote that whole thing with the sole intent of keeping it to that paragraph forever

No poo poo, but that’ll be another piece of legislature.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

No poo poo, but that’ll be another piece of legislature.

First they have to pay back their donors by tackling this gigantic deficit that came out of nowhere IS ALL OBAMA'S FAULT by slashing medicaid/care and social security.

What, those are entitlements you've paid into your whole life? No, no you're wrong. They're government programs and government wastes money. We'll just slash what you get in the future and give all the funds that exist to our nice friends in the financial sector. They'll grow those funds doncha-know. Party of fiscal responsibility after all!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nephzinho posted:

If you miscarry, cop come to your home and shoot you

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Zeris posted:

A common misconception, the shooting is actually a preventative measure unrelated to the miscarriage. They just shoot everybody. Just in case.

When only Trump and his family are left, only then will America be safe.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zeris posted:

Which if you're not the woman, the repeal of a death tax sounds equally exciting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
IIRC the jury did not see the video.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm just getting angrier and angrier. So far this year in my small area we have recovered over 150 illegal firearms, most from violent felons, without incident. These guys can't handle a fuckin pellet gun.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just imagine being a juror if that's the case. You go based off of the defense that he appeared to reach for a weapon, and you reach a not guilty verdict, then the video is released online and holy poo poo you just let a murderer walk.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Anyone else notice they were trying to use a keycard to get in the room after they just ventilated someone in the hallway, obviously not the worst thing in the video but if you just shot someone why wouldn't you just kick the door I to search his room at that point?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Has the civil suit been filed yet? Would like to see that department/cop end up destitute.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Flikken posted:

Anyone else notice they were trying to use a keycard to get in the room after they just ventilated someone in the hallway, obviously not the worst thing in the video but if you just shot someone why wouldn't you just kick the door I to search his room at that point?

"We can't just go damaging and destroying private property now, that would be uncivil!"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Who's the resident Ecuadorian dude that posts here? I'm going to Quito in a week and a half and want to know how much poo poo I can talk on Assange.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Smiling Jack posted:

I'm just getting angrier and angrier. So far this year in my small area we have recovered over 150 illegal firearms, most from violent felons, without incident. These guys can't handle a fuckin pellet gun.

Nothing to do with not handling a pellet gun. They were clearly just humiliating him and looking for a kill. Shouting multiple, contradictory orders. Ordering him to crawl to them. Repeatedly telling him that he was going to get shot. These cops were loving psychos.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Sanders: Buisinesses hanging Anti-Gay signs is a-okay

https://www.advocate.com/politics/2017/12/05/sarah-sanders-trump-ok-businesses-hanging-antigay-signs

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

You should probably refer to her as Sarah Sanders or Huckabee-Sanders. Less confusing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
She-Huck

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

You should probably refer to her as Sarah Sanders or Huckabee-Sanders. Less confusing.

Or SHuckS.

I remember when I had non-LGBT people telling me not to worry about this administration when, rightfully, my husband and I were worried. I'm happy we don't talk to those people anymore.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Flikken posted:

I'm at a loss after watching that video, I know felony arrest and all but couldn't that have been handled better? I mean maybe someone tries tasing him before putting a burst into him?

The situation was handled perfectly, assuming your intention is to experience the rush of watching the light go out in another human being's eyes

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wait so did the jury not see that video?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/939150355199246337

Doubling the double down doubled. I donated a Big 20 to Jones and hope that little bit helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

LingcodKilla posted:

Wait so did the jury not see that video?

They did.

They also heard testimony from the dude who left the room like 3 minutes earlier. He said he knew exactly why the cops were there; Shaver was being a tool with a pellet gun that looked like a sniper rifle.

being fat and stupid is a lethal combination

• Locked thread