Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If smoking the equivalent of an entire pack of cigarettes doused in fruit juice is something you call a "hobby" a lifecoach may be something you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vargatron posted:

My wife left me because I kept frequenting the opium dens and performed fisticuffs with a chinaman.

The Yellow Cuckold Curse of Dr. Fu Manchu was probably my least favorite book in the series.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am [25f], my husband [25m] refuses to compromise on the order of our sex acts 3x a month. Contains a lot of TMI and tl;dr.Relationships
1,169 points 356 comments submitted 1 year ago by tmihelpthrowaway to r/relationships

quote:

My husband and I met three years ago on a dating website and have been married for nine months. He was a virgin when we started dating (which he chalked up to going to a very religious and primarily white high school and college while he was neither, not personal choice). I actually had to give him "the talk" and explain how our reproductive systems work. He was also somewhat insecure about believing that I found him sexually attractive. Because of this when we started having sex I was less assertive than usual and tried to remember to be extra understanding and patient because he is less experienced.

I admit I'm very easy-going sexually and don't have too many hard limits or preferences so it made sense to just let him be the one who sets the pace in our sex life. Things like anal, outdoor, or menstrual sex happened only as he became interested in them, etc. His only request that I've rejected was to film ourselves having sex but he was very understanding of my reasons, he wouldn't even ask me to send suggestive pics after that discussion.

We're a little bit mis-matched in the libido department. It became apparent he didn't feel comfortable turning me down if I attempted to initiate when he wasn't up for it. If he couldn't perform he'd become withdrawn and acted as if it were a failure on his part, regardless of what I said. I felt reluctant to initiate after this happened a few times so I asked if he could just be the one to initiate as he wanted because it doesn't take much to get me interested and he agreed. I have turned him down or limited our activity to oral on a few occasions with no issues.

I have negative associations with the words "dirty" and "whore" and asked him to use "filthy" and "slut" instead because they don't throw me out of the moment. He made a token effort but ultimately asked me to deal with it because it throws him out of the moment to censor himself. He doesn't say them often and usually only does so to help him get into it when I ask him to be a little rougher or spank me (not his favorite but he doesn't outright dislike it) so I felt it was a fair compromise to ignore it and let him have what he needed to enjoy the kind of sex I request sometimes.

We've also fallen into a couple of routines based on what works for him. Namely having him finish via oral before engaging in penetrative sex as he has a hard time not ejaculating prematurely. He lasts long enough the second round for me to get more than my share of orgasms and I enjoy giving oral (which he eagerly reciprocates) so this was a non-issue to me.

He asked if we could have bareback sex after I started taking birth control and we both exchanged STD test results. I was very paranoid about pregnancy so I agreed only if we also used spermicide and the pull out method as well. After a couple weeks of this he asked if during my less fertile days he could finish inside of me during the second round as we were already using two other birth control methods. He also claimed his second ejaculation is "less risky because there's so little of it left". I agreed pretty quickly as I wasn't too fond of finishing him orally the second time because he'd usually taste or smell like spermicide by then.

Now that we're married and he wants us to concieve I've stopped all methods of birth control (pill, spermicide, rhythm/pullout). Last week I told him I'd like him to finish inside of me the first round because I felt like that first ejaculation is more likely to result in a successful conception. I said I could finish him orally if he wanted the second round because he wouldn't taste of spermicide. He told me he prefers to finish orally the first time because it feels better that way. I conceded we only needed to change our routine for the three most fertile days of my cycle. He would not agree to that, he doesn't want to make any changes to our routine whatsoever.

I told him I know it is probably irrational of me but I respect his personal superstitions (which he has admitted he knows are illogical) and expect the same consideration when I ask for something without a negative impact on him. I don't want to conceive (if I even can) using his stragglers and don't feel such a minor concession as changing up the order of our sex acts 3x a month is too much to ask for.

He's accusing me of "bait and switching" his expectations of our sex life now that we're married and reneging on our "unspoken agreement" that he gets final say on how things work in the bedroom. He's cited my previous concessions I mentioned above as proof of that "agreement". I am absolutely shocked that's how he's intepreted our sexual relationship. He's also backpedalling on admitting his second ejaculation is typically much weaker and accusing me of thinking he's not "potent".

Since our disagreement we haven't had any sex. He told me not to "worry" about him asking for sex as he isn't attracted to me while I'm being "disagreeable". He's also made some comments that have left me feeling pretty disgusted and creeped out at the thought of having sex with him in the future. Namely that he liked having me defer him in the bedroom because it felt like "payback" after all those years of being controlled by "girls who emasculated me by never putting out", he deserves to have final say in the bedroom because he "lets" me have a say in all other aspects of our relationship, that he can't wait to see the look on my face when I finally give in and "have to take my first load in your mouth", he's asked repeatedly how long I thought I could hold out before I'd be desperate enough to beg him to do whatever he wanted, that he was going to make me "earn" his dick back, and once out of the blue he said "I guess now you know why I was a virgin when we met". When called on comments like that he clams up and refuses to discuss them or even clarify what he means. They're like verbal hit-and-runs.

This is honestly a side of him I've never had reason to suspect existed. I would have said we've always resolved our disagreements respectfully and maturely but now in retrospect I'm realizing we've just never had a disagreement about something important to me. I usually make a concession because it doesn't feel like a big deal and I like making him happy.

Right now I'm feeling like I've made a huge mistake marrying him. I don't know how to come back from this or if I even want to but I never would have committed to this man if I hadn't meant it. I need some perspective on the situation badly.

tl;dr: husband doesn't want to have his first orgasm inside of me during my fertile days, despite being the one who wants to conceive ASAP and comments he's made since the disagreement have turned me off completely.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

"I'm a declared STEM major away from being the basic 20 year old bro on Earth, why aren't women interested in me?"

Excuse me, he very clearly said he was a film major.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Rubellavator posted:

Excuse me, he very clearly said he was a film major.

Read my post again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont think the phrase “Im a film major” has ever not been followed by “hey wait, where are you going?”

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

I am [25f], my husband [25m] refuses to compromise on the order of our sex acts 3x a month. Contains a lot of TMI and tl;dr.Relationships
1,169 points 356 comments submitted 1 year ago by tmihelpthrowaway to r/relationships

Yes, having a baby ASAP will definitely help this relationship

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Barudak posted:

I dont think the phrase “Im a film major” has ever not been followed by “hey wait, where are you going?”

Hey man that's a good start in a career in being a camgirl.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[Florida] HOA's definition of family doesn't involve same sex couples.

quote:

We're gay men and married. We want to buy a house and our chosen place is in an HOA. The HOA's bylaws say it's a single family area. The definition of the single family in the bylaws includes a wide range of relationships (parent, child, sibling, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc) and "married husband and wife" rather than "married couple." Figure to comply gives the HOA the right to impose a $100 fine per day per non-family member living at the property.

Our realtor says this is nothing to worry about since it was probably written this way years ago, but this a rather new HOA (less than 5 years old).

Can they enforce this law and evict/fine us if we end up buying this house? I'm inclined to not risk it but wanted to know the legality of such a restriction.

quote:

There's a lot of good advice in this thread, but as a side issue: Don't EVER get legal advice from a realtor.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vargatron posted:

Hey man that's a good start in a career in being a camgirl.

It also the only time anyone will ever want to talk about rack lighting with you

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Danaru posted:

[Florida] HOA's definition of family doesn't involve same sex couples.
HOAs are the devil.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Paid to watch two people have sex.... (self.legaladvice)

quote:

Occasionally I respond the casual encounter ads on Craigslist. Recently, I was propositioned to watch a couple have sex, then they would pay me. Is it legal for me to accept money for that sort of "service"? Michigan.

Edit.. wow I'm speechless - apparently they aren't a couple... They are mother and son.

Apparently it was removed for being a troll post, but put back when OP pm'd the mods with proof :gonk:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whats he getting paid with, a matroyshka doll?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Hope this one isn't a repost...

Me(32F) and my husband(37M) of 5 years had an argument and I can't get over what he said. WWYD?

quote:

We had an argument about a charity program we participate in at our church. This is a recurring argument, and we've agreed to agree to disagree and not talk about.
So his brother is in town and they stay up late on a Sunday night drinking and talking loud downstairs while I'm upstairs trying to sleep. Then, I hear my husband say (because I can loving hear everything they are saying) "if [me] heard me say this she'd be pissed." At this point I decide to go down there and tell him I can hear him. But, not before I hear what he said.
What he said was that this charity of giving kids on free lunch food to take home on the weekend isn't helping them. It's stupid because it's not teaching them "how to fish". Now, this isn't even what he said that upset me, that will come in a sec. I mean I know it's not a cure all, but these are elementary kids! Please note, I do not want to debate this charity.

So, I go to bed because I have to work the next morning. I play nice because we have family house guests and I'm not a bitch. Monday night, in our bedroom, when everyone has gone to bed, we decide to talk about it. Normally, we are really good about talking things through and working it out.

I told him it was disrespectful to say that about me in my own home. He went on about how he wasn't talking to me.
*He predicted I'd be pissed if I heard, I heard, now I'm pissed, he shouldn't be surprised. He repeated how I wasn't supposed to hear.
*what is his problem with this?! We're not tight on money at all, it costs about $5/week. We're talking about children who likely have parents who cannot provide for them. He continued his argument about how ir reinforces dependence.
*I asked him of he even knows what it's like to be poor. I said I didn't think he did and if he did he would be enthusiastic about us participating. This one really got him upset, more on this to follow.
*I asked if he had another charity he would like us to contribute to, one that help people learn to provide for themselves. He does not.
*I told him that being a Cristian is more than going to church on Sunday and praying for our immediate family before dinner. He took this as a slight on his mother because that's what she does.

Essentially, he denied having a more privileged upbringing than anybody. He said I can't say he was raised rich (which I didnt) because that's judgemental and subjective. He said I was trying to say he had a silver spoon in his mouth, which I never said. We went back and forth a few times, then he said "well lucky you, you married a rich white man".

So obviously, he's white and I am not. I want to say that I never mentioned our ethnic differences. Also, I don't think it's wrong to say that some people are raised better than others. There are different socio-economic classes. This is a fact. A:FACT. I think he was privileged, his parents paid for his education, baught him a car, he had new air Jordans, etc. I grew up poor. My dad wasn't always around and sometimes my mom would just leave me and my sister all weekend with no money

I never thought our differences mattered. Is this how he sees me? When he said that I just wanted to leave. I didn't leave because we had guests, and I didn't want to cause a scene. But I just feel like I don't belong next to him anymore. I feel so unwelcome. So unwanted.

tl;dr: After trying to explain our different socio-economic childhoods, husband said "you married a rich white man". He's white, I'm not. I feel out of place now.

The real problem with hungry 6yos is they don't know how to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
“Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?”

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

A Christian being non charitable? Color me shocked.

And for that matter let me don my fedora.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leave him so he relates to the poor and needy 50% better

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Captain Yossarian posted:

"gameification" is totally already a thing for chores I'm sure there's already an app for that

Pick posted:

I just... I object to this.

HabitRPG is the original, but apparently there are many others now: https://lifehacker.com/the-best-tools-to-productively-gamify-every-aspect-of-1531404316

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
[CO] Required to sign ADA form for accomodations I never requested

quote:

Hi legal advice!

I’m a physically disabled female working in a very specialized laboratory environment in Denver, CO.

I recently had a serious medical issue flare up that had me wheelchair bound for a long period of time and required multiple surgeries, that I used FMLA for. That’s all squared away and I thought things were good at my workplace. Everyone visited, sent flowers, well wishes etc etc. I’m back on my feet now and while I’m in pain occasionally there have been 0 complaints about my work. I have another procedure that will put me out for 5 days (FMLA already approved) but will have me back on my feet and 100% healthier than I have EVER been before.

All of this is well communicated with my boss and supervisor. I disclosed my disability when I was hired, and have only had to request 1 accommodation (I needed a lower seat. It was as simple as swapping the chair with the tech next to me).

On Tuesday, I came in to find I had been removed from all the projects I was currently working on—no explanation given. I am no longer scheduled for any testing/science/lab work for the next 2 months, and am instead confined to paperwork only.

I approached my supervisor ‘B’ to ask if I had produced something unsatisfactory that resulted in the loss of duties, and she told me that it was an ‘accommodation for my disability’. I never, ever requested any accommodation of the sort.

This is absolutely a demotion—I have lost a lot of responsibility here, and a lot of room to get published and further my career. I can do paperwork anywhere. I cannot develop novel gene therapies anywhere.

Today, B called me in to her office to tell me that since they have me doing strictly paperwork, I’m really not what they need and that it’s putting a lot of pressure on the other technicians. She requested I fill out an ADA accommodation form (not yet provided to me) to ‘cover myself’ from any ‘kickback’.

The kicker is I NEVER requested any accomodations. I have no idea where this is coming from.

My question is: is this discrimination based on my disability? Do I have any recourse? Do I have to fill out the form?

TL;DR. Disabled, demoted at work and told it is to ‘accommodate me’ but I never asked for any accomodations. Now told I’m not what they need and must fill out ADA accomodations form to ‘cover myself’. Do I have any recourse?

ps. Yes I have a lawyer (seeing him for dinner Saturday, I nannied his kids and he specializes in wrongful termination suits but I hate asking him for legal help BECAUSE I AM NOT ACTIVELY PAYING HIM, he’s a friend) and I already have 2 other interviews (like I said, highly specialized and competitive field so my skills are sought after). But this leaves a NASTY as hell taste in my mouth and I don’t feel comfortable running if I can help someone avoid discrimination in the future.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dienes posted:

Hope this one isn't a repost...

Me(32F) and my husband(37M) of 5 years had an argument and I can't get over what he said. WWYD?

The real problem with hungry 6yos is they don't know how to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

the tide of history has been people trying to wrest power from straight white douchebags

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Skutter posted:

HabitRPG is the original, but apparently there are many others now: https://lifehacker.com/the-best-tools-to-productively-gamify-every-aspect-of-1531404316

I know a lot of people might think it’s stupid, but if you can Skinner box your way into good habits then go for it, I say.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

I have never disclosed having even a mild disability to anyone I ever worked with for exactly this reason. People are shitheads, and also she's in STEM, a hotbed of casual eugenecists.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

They want you gone, sorry to say.

quote:

He was a virgin when we started dating (which he chalked up to going to a very religious and primarily white high school

I too had the misfortune of going to high school with a bunch of frigid white wimmen and not nearly enough slutty minorities

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pro-tip: White american women will gently caress anything vaguely humanoid with a non-american accent.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Pro-tip: White american women will gently caress anything vaguely humanoid with a non-american accent.

Ppfft only the future mistresses. As I was always taught, you get to be a skinny wife or a fat mistress and there's legit pros and cons to both approaches. The mistress gets diamonds but no legal standing, and the skinny wife gets to basically become the head of household starting at about 40 and doesn't have to gently caress him any more.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

tactlessbastard posted:

They want you gone, sorry to say.

I too had the misfortune of going to high school with a bunch of frigid white wimmen and not nearly enough slutty minorities
You cut off the important part "while he was neither", it's not hard to imagine a white religious people in the US not being very accepting of a non-white person, especially when it comes to personal relationships. It's unfortunate that racism growing up turned him into a sexist rear end in a top hat, which is going to reinforce his persecution complex when this lady dumps him.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

You cut off the important part "while he was neither", it's not hard to imagine a white religious people in the US not being very accepting of a non-white person, especially when it comes to personal relationships. It's unfortunate that racism growing up turned him into a sexist rear end in a top hat, which is going to reinforce his persecution complex when this lady dumps him.

Yeah, I read right over that nugget of information without absorbing it. Oops.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Danaru posted:

Paid to watch two people have sex.... (self.legaladvice)

Apparently it was removed for being a troll post, but put back when OP pm'd the mods with proof :gonk:

*mother and son discussing their incestuous relationship*

mother: you know, ive been thinking: this relationship isnt nearly kinky and transgressive enough for me. how do we add more spice?

son: i have just the thing!

Also that disability stuff is whack. Hope she lines up somewhere that pays more on the down low and gets fired from this place so she can sue them.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Holy gently caress jackpot.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pick posted:

I just... I object to this.

Pick posted:

Ppfft only the future mistresses. As I was always taught, you get to be a skinny wife or a fat mistress and there's legit pros and cons to both approaches. The mistress gets diamonds but no legal standing, and the skinny wife gets to basically become the head of household starting at about 40 and doesn't have to gently caress him any more.

I know you don't need anyone else to tell you this, but your parents really did a number on you.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

I hurt my back at work and they tried this bullshit with me. She should just refer them to her medical records and not fill anything else out. Also, there is probably a lawyer willing to work on commission for this sort of thing in her area.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

new phone who dis posted:

I hurt my back at work and they tried this bullshit with me. She should just refer them to her medical records and not fill anything else out. Also, there is probably a lawyer willing to work on commission for this sort of thing in her area.

In her area? Read the update: there's one in her circle of friends.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Doc Hawkins posted:

I know you don't need anyone else to tell you this, but your parents really did a number on you.

Skinny wife/fat mistress explains a lot of relationships, and many of the great relationship errors are men mistaking the roles of the two. Hell, I have a friend who is a trash fire of a person and she's constantly surrounded by her male exes now in unhappy relationships who send her stuff and write her letters about how they wish they could go back and fix it, and they don't remember that the reason they left her is that she's fun but has absolutely no life skills at all and is a huge encumbrance and constant taker. Don't dream of marrying women like that, and don't think it would have been fun. It's a role she doesn't want and can't play so don't try to drive her into it, you'll all be miserable. Oh yeah and she is morbidly obese and all their girlfriends/wives are not; I think people don't expect someone like her to be a heartbreaker and if I hadn't been primed by the instruction of my mother's cadre I'd have been shocked too.

Pick fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 8, 2017

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Pick posted:

Skinny wife/fat mistress explains a lot of relationships, and many of the great relationship errors are men mistaking the roles of the two. Hell, I have a friend who is a trash fire of a person and she's constantly surrounded by her male exes now in unhappy relationships who send her stuff and write her letters about how they wish they could go back and fix it, and they don't remember that the reason they left her is that she's fun but has absolutely no life skills at all and is a huge encumbrance and constant taker. Don't dream of marrying women like that, and don't think it would have been fun. It's a role she doesn't want and can't play so don't try to drive her into it, you'll all be miserable. Oh yeah and she is morbidly obese and all their girlfriends/wives are not; I think people don't expect someone like her to be a heartbreaker and if I hadn't been primed by the instruction of my mother's cadre I'd have been shocked too.

I'm a fan of the skinny/skinny dynamic tbh

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, you better make an ugly woman your wife.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

The Lone Badger posted:

Well, yeah. He needs to be investing in boobcoin.

"titcoin" tyvm

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Both of my hands are the same size

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

quote:

Since our disagreement we haven't had any sex. He told me not to "worry" about him asking for sex as he isn't attracted to me while I'm being "disagreeable". He's also made some comments that have left me feeling pretty disgusted and creeped out at the thought of having sex with him in the future. Namely that he liked having me defer him in the bedroom because it felt like "payback" after all those years of being controlled by "girls who emasculated me by never putting out", he deserves to have final say in the bedroom because he "lets" me have a say in all other aspects of our relationship, that he can't wait to see the look on my face when I finally give in and "have to take my first load in your mouth", he's asked repeatedly how long I thought I could hold out before I'd be desperate enough to beg him to do whatever he wanted, that he was going to make me "earn" his dick back, and once out of the blue he said "I guess now you know why I was a virgin when we met". When called on comments like that he clams up and refuses to discuss them or even clarify what he means. They're like verbal hit-and-runs.

:murder: :murder: :murder:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I'm going on a date with a woman at work. She asked me out earlier this week. I thought it was cute at first but in the meantime it has gotten weird. For starters, I am not a very happy person at work lately, and I'm not really sure what she's picking up on. I intentionally work nights to stay away from most people and she's coming from day shift to ask me out. Secondly, she has dated at least 5 or 6 dudes who work at our job. I don't really care if your partner number is 5 or 50 or 500, but I do care how many of those people I will have to interact with on a daily basis, and doing it at work just makes it worse. She also has her friend texting me to tell me how much she likes me and actually this friend was the one who asked me out for her while she sat there and giggled. Are we in junior high? She's also posting weird poo poo on facebook about how some unnamed person made her life so much better at 1:57pm on Monday when I said OK to going out and blah blah blah. It's gone from a nice surprise to me rehearsing a way to turn her down without getting my rabbit boiled. I really don't need another reason for work to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yowza! A weird sex-larper got friendzoned?! I love how stereotypical all her interests were.

You can't friendzone me! I listen to metal!

The trick is to a) not be a grab bag of all that is horrifically nerdy, with no indication of outside interests, b) be good at socializing like a normal human being, and c) be an attractive blonde.

That worked for me and I got to be a big dork who successfully dated many great guys :v:

Oh, and d) don’t be a belligerent, slovenly rear end in a top hat.

And no one gives a gently caress what music you listen to.

EDIT: LARPing and cosplay are abominations against humanity too.