Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oatgan posted:

the piss is from his appearance on The Kevin Steen Show years ago

him and some wrestlers had a bet that if one of them pissed on a woman they'd win $100 dollars, it's a long story but when he finally gets to the pissing part he basically coerces her into it, and she's telling him to stop the entire time, but he did make sure his roommate was filming it so he got paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So to get away from Elgin pissing away his career...

I didn't expect GoD to randomly show up on an episode of Hellthy Junk Food, tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boUhnE06eIs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna be real interesting to see who takes the falls for Cobb/Elgin now for the rest of Tag league.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I know what cake I'm getting for Christmas!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gonna be real interesting to see who takes the falls for Cobb/Elgin now for the rest of Tag league.

they have one more match.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada vs Slex from MCW is on New Japan world right now

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Okada vs Slex from MCW is on New Japan world right now

it's really good

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i see why they call him slex now

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

oatgan posted:

it's really good

Yeah it's really good and Okada just sells so drat well for anybody

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tanahashi has arthritis and that's why he's missing the rest of the tag league.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Okada cutting a semi decent english promo was neat to see. He doesn't have as thick of an accent as say NAkamura.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

KungFu Grip posted:

Okada cutting a semi decent english promo was neat to see. He doesn't have as thick of an accent as say NAkamura.

Yeah his English is better than I expected. He did a pretty good (if clearly rehearsed) English promo in Long Beach.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I didn't know much about Slex before this but wow what a name. Match was very cool and worth checking out.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I was at the show and having just watched it I noticed they cut out a bit of a botch. In the edited version you see Slex throw Okada over the barrier into the crowd and head back into the ring, trying for a count out. In reality Slex got into the ring and as Okada was climbing back over the barrier, Slex went for a suicide dive but fell a bit short and hit the lower part of the barrier instead of Okada. Okada sold it like he was knocked back off the barrier and then Slex climbed into the ring for the count.

It really didn’t affect the match or the crowd or anything on the night, the match was still great. It was just notable because I was looking out for it to see how it played on video.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LIJ advance to the finals

Tomorrow's B block final show starts a half hour earlier at 4:00 EST/9:00 GMT

WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2017
December 9th at 4:00 EST/9:00 GMT
Texport Imabari, Ehime

Jushin Liger and Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Tomoyuki Oka and Ren Narita
Manabu Nakanishi and Hirai Kawato vs. L.I.J (EVIL and SANADA)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and El Desperado)
TenCozy, Death Juice, and Yugi Nagata vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Owens, Yujiro, Page, and Leo)
WTL B Block Match:Togi Makabe and Henare [0] vs. David Finlay and Katsuya Kitamura [0]
WTL B Block Match:Best Friends [8] vs. KES [8]
WTL B Block Match:Michael Elgin and Jeff Cobb [8] vs. War Machine [8]
WTL B Block Match:Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano [8] vs. G.o.D [8]
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm convinced Cobb and War Machine are going to be boringly professional tomorrow but i'm intrigued to see whether they rank Kitamura or Henare higher on the Yl roster.

What's everyone's prediction for the finals now that we know half of the matchup? Ishii/YTR over LIJ makes sense as they could avenge their stablemates' loss this morning and they need something to do at the Dome. L.I.J already have belts to defend as lame as they are.
'

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

Nakamura is punchy as gently caress. He slurs when he speaks japanese too.

Okada is a good smart boy that didn't fall for Inoki's brain damaging bullshit.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

I'm convinced Cobb and War Machine are going to be boringly professional tomorrow but i'm intrigued to see whether they rank Kitamura or Henare higher on the Yl roster.

https://twitter.com/RAYMONDxROWE/status/939075294706716672?s=17

I think Henare comes out on top but nothing to do with the comparative ranking of Kitamura and Henare but because one's partnered with David Finlay and the other is partnered with Togi Makabe.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
my favorite recurring theme of the character of juice robinson is that juice is horny for japanese women

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Looking at the schedule, Yano & Ishii vs GOD is the main event now, so that's likely the deciding match. One of them could go through, or they could draw and let War Machine go through.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shiksa posted:

my favorite recurring theme of the character of juice robinson is that juice is horny for japanese women

Dude lives in country and has a big schlonger.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
The biggest problem I have with following NJPW is stuff like this and the G1, its such an overwhelming amount of wrestling that I can't possibly watch all of it. Is there a list of the must sees from World Tag League?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

shiksa posted:

it makes Barnett's gay joke about him from the Long Beach special even funnier

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Tomahawk posted:

The biggest problem I have with following NJPW is stuff like this and the G1, its such an overwhelming amount of wrestling that I can't possibly watch all of it. Is there a list of the must sees from World Tag League?

Unless you're really into a particular team just watch the full production shows.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Finlay should turn on Kitamura post match and they should feud.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Go Best Friends!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Ishin posted:

Go Best Friends!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

shiksa posted:

juice is a character to whom everyone can relate, much like fellow ace stone cold steve austin before him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

skip the tag league, watch the final night

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

tag league is meaningless because it's to determine who gets to have like the 7th or 8th best match at the tokyo dome

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Jeff Cobb looks like Strong Mad

https://twitter.com/LWMaine/status/938181544392478722

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

coconono posted:

Dude lives in country and has a big schlonger.

And is a young, handsome-enough dude with a bit of money and a decent profile. Tokyo (let’s be real, Shibuya or Roppongi) is your oyster in that case.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Juice is Charisma Man, gaining superpowers from being around Japanese women who don't know he's CJ Parker

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Johnny Landmine posted:

Juice is Charisma Man, gaining superpowers from being around Japanese women who don't know he's CJ Parker

to be fair American women don't know he's cj Parker either

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JayWhiteNZ/status/939342329525231616

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
More picking on Elgin:
https://twitter.com/RAYMONDxROWE/status/939361771776745474

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can't believe War Machine are cyber bullying Big Mike.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just saw that Tana was pulled from the WTL with a knee injury.

Should we be worried about him missing the Dome? Probably not, since he just worked a full schedule with a loving torn bicep like the crazy man he is. But dear God, just drop the belt to White, get surgery, and come back for the G1. I want to enjoy Tana matches again without worrying about his arm and/or knees falling off.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Benne posted:

Just saw that Tana was pulled from the WTL with a knee injury.

Should we be worried about him missing the Dome? Probably not, since he just worked a full schedule with a loving torn bicep like the crazy man he is. But dear God, just drop the belt to White, get surgery, and come back for the G1. I want to enjoy Tana matches again without worrying about his arm and/or knees falling off.

It sounds like his knee is arthritic and has some fluid build up, so nothing major. There's no chance he would miss the dome unless it was something catastrophic

• Locked thread