Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Jambalaya MRE was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Country captain

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Immanentized posted:

Met some bitcoin bros tonight the bar. Unironically talking about how a single coin is going to hit a million dollars in the next year and how we're all going to use proprietary coins to collectively bargain for lower prices at the grocery store. Which the distributor will be okay with because it helps the greater masses.

This is metal illness isn't it?

Too much lead, probably needs some lithium

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe

Soulex posted:

Ok, how many taliban have you talked to and confirmed this with? Or are you guessing?

I haven’t. I’m probably wrong. Are you confusing the taliban with al queda?

My understanding is that the taliban like soccer and beheadings, al queda are rich dicks

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Lurks Morington posted:

I haven’t. I’m probably wrong. Are you confusing the taliban with al queda?

My understanding is that the taliban like soccer and beheadings, al queda are rich dicks

Well you weren't wrong here:

Lurks Morington posted:

Knowledge that I’m fundamentally a broken person, not deserving of anything. I’ve never had real hard ship and aren’t worthy of any sort of understanding

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Well you weren't wrong here:

Exactly

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Flikken posted:

Jambalaya MRE was good.

It was MRE good, yeah.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I like vegetable penne, tasty and comes with super hot pepper sauce and twizzler bits :)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Immanentized posted:

Met some bitcoin bros tonight the bar. Unironically talking about how a single coin is going to hit a million dollars in the next year and how we're all going to use proprietary coins to collectively bargain for lower prices at the grocery store. Which the distributor will be okay with because it helps the greater masses.

This is metal illness isn't it?

It's literally Dutch Tulips all over again.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

you can't eat bitcoin

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

you can't eat bitcoin

At least tulips are pretty.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
you see this patty here, i papered it with my wallet password. more priceless than gold

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

The Iron Rose posted:

We're not all super right wing. Or super left wing. Nor all military, for that matter. But there's generally some nuance and difference of opinion in discussions as a result and that's valuable. Most important of all tho is that none of us are anywhere as annoying as you. Go back to DnD.

E: Hell, go back to school. Aren't exams coming up?

Who the gently caress name drops IR academics in casual conversation that isn't a student boasting and trying to sound smart or just academic sneering. You should be mocked for either, frankly.

I just finished my last final yesterday and finished half assing a research paper today and gave up on it at 10. Time to lose track of the next month!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X4N2exOsU

in TRUMP! news, Trump is being weird at a rally again. It's like vintage 2017.

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/939307092883726336

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sudden movement on the rooftops -- I zoomed in my M16A14 w/ A Cog and fired off a sick double tap on some insurgent wearing velcro shoes, his body sort of just went limp why running & then fell off the roof onto the street lmao. Then I felt sick to by tummy, thinking wow, I just.. killed someone, but I ate a spoiled MRE earlier haha, killing people is loving cool and Im never eading Jambalaya MRE again

classic

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
At that same Florida rally, a speaker said Trump will usher in the Biblical End Times.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Are you whips shitposting alt? You seem to be hitting all the classic retarded opinions in rapid succession

Ooooh...

Lurks Morington, what's your opinion on Lena Dunham? 7/10 or a loving 11/10?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Ooooh...

14/88

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Seems generous, frankly.

Holy poo poo.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Did we cover the gentleman from Iowa yet?

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/939117527375990790

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe

Godholio posted:

Ooooh...

Concerns about water displacement

Let’s just say, in most countries it’s illegal for use as kindling.

I like Tina fey a lot though. WTF was an alright movie

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

CommieGIR posted:

At that same Florida rally, a speaker said Trump will usher in the Biblical End Times.

Oh cool.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lurks Morington posted:

Concerns about water displacement

Let’s just say, in most countries it’s illegal for use as kindling.

I like Tina fey a lot though. WTF was an alright movie

Did you switch medications recently?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I had to google a picture of Lena Dunham to try and figure out this fat joke angle he's going for and now I'm left scratching my head

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Your Battle Buddy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdseN1Irbp8

i mean if we're all just going to post poo poo garbage

https://youtu.be/MjFHqohaHYU

No idea if it's relevant, but it's a pretty cool long take.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Earlier this year, I worked at Shiloh battlefield, and whenever I drove in and out I passed by the Iowa state memorial. It's a massive obelisk, raised in commemoration of the 2,409 Iowans who were killed, wounded, or captured during the battle, and was built in 1906 when there were still living veterans of the battle.

Steve King, a man democratically elected to represent the people of Iowa, who fought and died to protect and preserve the Union, has a confederate flag on his desk.

Words fail me to describe just how much of a goddamn rear end in a top hat, utter fuckstain, and shame to his country Steve King truly is.

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe

Doc Hawkins posted:

Did you switch medications recently?

No. I converted to a radical religion to prevent having to go to school

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Lurks gets my Official Seal of Approval tbh

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Earlier this year, I worked at Shiloh battlefield, and whenever I drove in and out I passed by the Iowa state memorial. It's a massive obelisk, raised in commemoration of the 2,409 Iowans who were killed, wounded, or captured during the battle, and was built in 1906 when there were still living veterans of the battle.

Steve King, a man democratically elected to represent the people of Iowa, who fought and died to protect and preserve the Union, has a confederate flag on his desk.

Words fail me to describe just how much of a goddamn rear end in a top hat, utter fuckstain, and shame to his country Steve King truly is.

We can always hope he gets rolled up in the sexual misconduct purge somehow. I went to Vicksburg a few months ago, Iowa had a large monument there too. 1800 casualties I think?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

After Trump’s Rally:
https://twitter.com/comey/status/939288702609653761

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Correct thread this time:

We have a new pair of high-level child molesters. One's a religious guy, one's the head of the Disney Music Group.

https://twitter.com/bobsmietana/status/939154841779220480

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/939324154943242240

Not just for Congress!

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Does it count as schadenfreude if it's not someone else's misfortune, but rather their overdue penance for being a loving monster?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

facialimpediment posted:

Correct thread this time:

We have a new pair of high-level child molesters. One's a religious guy, one's the head of the Disney Music Group.

https://twitter.com/bobsmietana/status/939154841779220480

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/939324154943242240

Not just for Congress!

I was waiting for the Disney ones to drop. The Disney music machine breaks too much of its talent to not have touched them all.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

M-O-L
E-S-T
E-R THAT IS ME

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

M-O-L
E-S-T
E-R THAT IS ME

You molest moles? I’m over here hoping you don’t put bugs in rugs

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

I was waiting for the Disney ones to drop. The Disney music machine breaks too much of its talent to not have touched them all.
I'm waiting for Billy Ray Cyrus to get accused.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i take it back

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I'm shocked, shocked that the division that was putting out Hannah Montana, Lizzie McGuire, and like a dozen other cookie cutter teen girl pop stars in the 2000s was run by a perv

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
A couple of years ago a business acquaintance asked if I wanted to sponsor some support the troops golf tournament where a few vets played golf and a bunch of rich people got tax write offs. I declined and said I do my part by apologizing profusely to every vet I meet about supporting this entire mess. He didn't like my answer and we haven't really spoken since.

I'd still buy most of you a meaningless beer at Applebee's or wherever though. I really am sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Anybody wanna buy some green lightbulbs?!

• Locked thread