Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I've blown 2000 shards rerolling Akkhan pieces and still only have the ancients I picked up off the ground :argh:

Tried the Condemn build today. It's powerful, but it's too many goddamn buttons compared to Shield. I should probably work with it a bit more but taking Akarat off my right click nearly killed me a few times because I forget about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Condemn is very good. I just mash everything.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Lucky bastard.
I'm having trouble even finding the loving akkhan pieces

I am pretty lucky! Just after I got that helm, this dropped:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I am pretty lucky! Just after I got that helm, this dropped:

Congrats that's awesome

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Condemn is very good. I just mash everything.

This is the proper way to play any Crusader build.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Last time i played crusader in a season I had a macro which pushed 1234 every .75 seconds.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I declare S12 to be the season of anime tidday twisters.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Beach Bum posted:

I've blown 2000 shards rerolling Akkhan pieces and still only have the ancients I picked up off the ground :argh:

Tried the Condemn build today. It's powerful, but it's too many goddamn buttons compared to Shield. I should probably work with it a bit more but taking Akarat off my right click nearly killed me a few times because I forget about it.

Set reroll will never result in an ancient. It specifically only spits out normal versions of the items.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Set reroll will never result in an ancient. It specifically only spits out normal versions of the items.

You know you can reforge set items, right?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Tried a Rathma's build. Was great fun, until I tried going TX.

Past a certain point, it seems like the elite AI changes? Like, they start ignoring your mobs, and just start going after you no matter what instead? It is just my imagination?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

boneration posted:

You know you can reforge set items, right?

That's a huge waste of resources unless your weapons, ring, and amulet are perfectly rolled already.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
More recent 70 questions:

Why the hell didn't I start doing public T13s rifts sooner? Those things just poo poo out loot and paragon levels when paragon 700+s are running around. Was doing T5 solo and these are amazing. Related question: what do I do with dupe oranges and all yellows? I just have been throwing oranges in storage and selling yellows.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

KDdidit posted:

Why the hell didn't I start doing public T13s rifts sooner? Those things just poo poo out loot and paragon levels when paragon 700+s are running around. Was doing T5 solo and these are amazing. Related question: what do I do with dupe oranges and all yellows? I just have been throwing oranges in storage and selling yellows.

You can extract oranges into your cube if they have a power that looks fun. Otherwise, both oranges and yellows should be recycled at the blacksmith for crafting components that you'll use to enchant and reforge the stuff you're going to wear.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

KDdidit posted:

Have your blacksmith scrap everything. Don't sell it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Tried a Rathma's build. Was great fun, until I tried going TX.

Past a certain point, it seems like the elite AI changes? Like, they start ignoring your mobs, and just start going after you no matter what instead? It is just my imagination?
It shouldn't really matter (not on TX, anyway) because your skeleton mages should be loving everything the hell up before it can get anywhere near you. If they don't you might be in need of an equipment upgrade or two. :v:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Also make sure you are using Jesseyth (sp?) set with Rathma, otherwise you are doing it wrong.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
You can make jess rath that is actually survivable in T13/GRs up to 80/90 or so. The other rathma setups do 5 trillion damage but get killed by a single stray mortar shot or spine.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Dameius posted:

Also make sure you are using Jesseyth (sp?) set with Rathma, otherwise you are doing it wrong.

Oh, that goes without question.

I'm also thinking that I need to do something else instead of that item that increases damage over time the longer a skeleton bashes on a thing, though.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh, that goes without question.

I'm also thinking that I need to do something else instead of that item that increases damage over time the longer a skeleton bashes on a thing, though.

Bone ringer? That's a phylactery, which means you're not using Jesseth set.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

You can make jess rath that is actually survivable in T13/GRs up to 80/90 or so. The other rathma setups do 5 trillion damage but get killed by a single stray mortar shot or spine.

Please give me advice on how one does this.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

totalnewbie posted:

Bone ringer? That's a phylactery, which means you're not using Jesseth set.

I mean in the cube.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I'm reforging, not rolling for other set pieces.

bamhand posted:

That's a huge waste of resources unless your weapons, ring, and amulet are perfectly rolled already.

Uh, what? It's much easier to get a usable set pants/chest/boots that rolled ancient that I can then augment than it is to win the loving jewelry lottery. I've got 6/9 affixes on my rings/amulets, I'm good with that for now.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

DrSeRRoD posted:

You shouldn't need an invite. Just search for "lljk" in Communities (not Clans) and it should be the top result.

I'm assuming this is on NA, because I can't find anything on EU?

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy

Mind over Matter posted:

Please give me advice on how one does this.

Singularity Mages, ideally with Simulacrum Reservoir. 660 essence mages do 660*3% damage (and you summon double). Not easily workable solo, you're better off running the Jessith set until over GR100+ solo.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Whoops, I wasn't clear enough. Sorry. I totally know how you do glass cannon Singularity mages. It's powerful but I hate how fragile it is. I was referring to this part:

You can make jess rath that is actually survivable in T13/GRs up to 80/90 or so.

Thank you, though.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
for t13 you can just do the gold wrap/avarice ring/boon of the horder and get 650 mill toughness like that. For GRs I'll check my setup, but Iirc you use bone armor and the increased armor rune for the necro's teleport skill. Other thing with making rathma tankier is you have to actually have at least 8 mages up because they will run into every projectile. If you want more toughness add an esoteric gem. If you need even more toughness add unity. Sing mage damage is so ridiculous that you can get away with a ton of toughness choices and still do plenty of damage to run through pretty high GRs.

As a general thing, I'd always suggest going for a vitality roll on either/both hands and head because it's just so much extra vit and just use diamonds in armor... which as a bonus frees up main stat gems for augmenting

E: I'd suggest always running avarice+horder any time you're doing bounties or rifts and aren't low on DBs. The gold you gain from the combo is enough that you never have to run an un-empowered GR, which speeds gem levelling up a ton.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 9, 2017

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i want to share you this special moment i had in chat https://imgur.com/a/thQWI :huh:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That is correct. EU goons should probably make one though because it's pretty nice to have everyone in one chat, regardless of clan.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It makes it much easier to make fun of goons. So there is that.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Set the language to english(british) and it shows.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

I'm reforging, not rolling for other set pieces.

Uh, what? It's much easier to get a usable set pants/chest/boots that rolled ancient that I can then augment than it is to win the loving jewelry lottery. I've got 6/9 affixes on my rings/amulets, I'm good with that for now.

Ancient armor items give you a really small increase in total stats compared to getting the right rolls on weapons and jewelry. You're spending a lot of resources on easy to get items for not a lot of gain.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I've decided I want a Diablo themed Christmas so I made some resource potion bottles. (Wrath and spirit have to share)

Also; gently caress Demon Hunter having split resources! Next time I'm just going to melt different coloured candles.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Just popping in for a PSA. You know those cube slots you've never found items for for many seasons? Like Sunder, Wall of Man, Cosmic Strand, Piro Marella? They're actually craftable. Not caring at all about nonseason is well and good, but nevertheless it is extremely easy to cube all that stuff if you sign in on nonseason and scan each blacksmith category for items with orange affixes. It's not like you need the mats for anything else. Takes 5-10 minutes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

...did anybody not know that some legendary effects were craftable?

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
I was sure I had cubed them all, like 2 years ago in season 5, but somehow I never actually did it. Then I kept thinking these items were just incredibly rare. But you're correct it was a stupid oversight. Also a few of the craftable items to cube I had never actually heard of so I think they might have been added recently. Good to know that nothing in the game is THAT insanely stupidly rare that I wouldn't have seen it after like 5 seasons of t13 rifting.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 10, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

exquisite tea posted:

...did anybody not know that some legendary effects were craftable?

I will cop to not knowing or forgetting that Reaper's Wraps were crafted.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Patch 2.6.2 should be a revival of the pre-season days when we used a constellation of crafted set items on a single character.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Blackthorne's set bonus should be changed to give you more damage and armor the more off-class set items you wear.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

for t13 you can just do the gold wrap/avarice ring/boon of the horder and get 650 mill toughness like that. For GRs I'll check my setup, but Iirc you use bone armor and the increased armor rune for the necro's teleport skill. Other thing with making rathma tankier is you have to actually have at least 8 mages up because they will run into every projectile. If you want more toughness add an esoteric gem. If you need even more toughness add unity. Sing mage damage is so ridiculous that you can get away with a ton of toughness choices and still do plenty of damage to run through pretty high GRs.

As a general thing, I'd always suggest going for a vitality roll on either/both hands and head because it's just so much extra vit and just use diamonds in armor... which as a bonus frees up main stat gems for augmenting

E: I'd suggest always running avarice+horder any time you're doing bounties or rifts and aren't low on DBs. The gold you gain from the combo is enough that you never have to run an un-empowered GR, which speeds gem levelling up a ton.

It's sort of weird, I'm a big proponent of Hoarder in general and doing just what you describe to empower every greater rift. But in all my frustrations about Rathma squishiness, I never actually stopped to consider using Goldwrap. Other than that, thank you for the thoughts. I really like the general Rathma playstyle but gently caress being pure glass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Goldwrap makes you invincible in t13, it's gonna be a lot better. The Blood Rush rune that grants armor also grants a fuckton of armor