Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

harperdc posted:

And is a young, handsome-enough dude with a bit of money and a decent profile. Tokyo (let’s be real, Shibuya or Roppongi) is your oyster in that case.

To think, we all thought that Matt Bloom was Juice's mentor, but it was actually Dave Meltzer all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

To think, we all thought that Matt Bloom was Juice's mentor, but it was actually Dave Meltzer all along.

Ya wonder if he asked Devitt for any advice...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

His finisher is Pump Friction for a reason

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GoD win the three way tie thanks to wins over War Machine and KES setting up the Finals on Monday.

Thauros posted:

if the trios titles didn't exist they'd be my pick but EVIL and SANADA are still 2/3rds of them. Since they don't really have any opportunities to drop them before the dome I'd imagine they'll be defending them instead of going for the tag belts.

Guess I look p dumb right now, should've paid more heed to the new finisher.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Best Friends Nooooo! :(

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/939458235366457349

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
When do you think they will announce the none title matches at WK?

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Put Chuckie T in the New Japan Rumble

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SalTheBard posted:

Based on the number of titles in New Japan, here is your announcement:

New Japan Rumble

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

SalTheBard posted:

Think the press conference with the full card is Monday? Could be off but I know it's coming up.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

That's an awesome name but what is it? Sister Abigail or some other overdrive/crossroads derivative?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

retweeted by Dave

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/939544774289260545

Frankly I wonder if Elgin will even see the New Japan rumble

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
chuckie t for the NEVER title. i want him to no-sell the gotch, pop up and then hit the awful waffle in the toyko dome

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

SatoshiMiwa posted:

retweeted by Dave

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/939544774289260545

Frankly I wonder if Elgin will even see the New Japan rumble

The most anyone in the company will say is that he’s on the dome and his contract ends soon after.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Thauros posted:

GoD win the three way tie thanks to wins over War Machine and KES setting up the Finals on Monday.

Guess I look p dumb right now, should've paid more heed to the new finisher.

It's a little odd that they're doing heel vs. heel in the finals and at the dome, but I guess LIJ could be de facto faces in both matches.

It's good that they have a tag finisher, just a shame that it's similar to a transitional GOD move that looks much better.

sigmachiev posted:

That's an awesome name but what is it? Sister Abigail or some other overdrive/crossroads derivative?

Sister Abigail.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Considering the tag/trios belts, it's not like they can't invent a reason to do a multi-way match for the tag belts, especially if YTR feels like getting frisky again.

Also LIJ can drop the trios belts at any time if anyone remembers they have them. That's not a huge deal at all tbh.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If you want to do LIJ for the Tag Titles and don't want them to drop the Trio titles you could have them pull double duty at the dome. Have them defend the Trio's against Suzuki Gun (Say Taka, Deserado and ZSJ) only to lose them cause KES interferes (also gets Suzuki Gun interference for the rest of the card) and have them hurt Evil and Sanada. Than when it's time for the tag title match you have hurt LIJ trying to beat a healthy KES for Drama!

Or they could do something dumb and do a Trio vs Tag Title match at the same time where it's KES and ZSJ vs LIJ cause Gedo hates tag titles (This is what will happen)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm still not sure why they introduced a trios division when Gedo can barely be bothered to care about the regular tag divisions

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Soon every match will be a Title match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It's a little odd that they're doing heel vs. heel in the finals and at the dome, but I guess LIJ could be de facto faces in both matches.

It's good that they have a tag finisher, just a shame that it's similar to a transitional GOD move that looks much better.

L.I.J should be the de facto faces Monday. If GoD win I imagine we'll get a surprise challenger to make it a three way (Honma return?)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

unify the hw tag titles and the never title with the six-man titles but keep the junior tag titles

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

LIJ facing KES would be a good way to lead into a Naito/Suzuki feud for Naito's first title defense too

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

unify the hw tag titles and the never title with the six-man titles but keep the junior tag titles

NEVER singles belt would be good again if it returned to being the no bullshit good match title instead of the tons of bullshit bad us wrestling stip match belt.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

War Machine are tagging with Elgin/Cobb on the tag league finals so I guess we get one last "gently caress Michael Elgin". Also for reasons I'm not sure of, they're doing Bad Luck Fale vs. BUSHI

E: BUSHI also seems unsure

https://twitter.com/BUSHI_njpw/status/939692500976934917?s=17

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
fale pins bushi sets up him having a trios title match maybe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't decide War Machine making GBS threads on Elgin on NJPW time is brilliant or ghoulish.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Why not both

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Here's the full card for tomorrow

NJPW World Tag League Finals
December 11th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Fukuoka Convention Center

Makabe, Finlay, Kawato, Henare, and Kitamura vs. TenCozy, Nagata, Nakanishi, and Liger
War Machine, Jeff Cobb, and Michael Elgin vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro, Page, Owens, and Leo Tonga)
Bad Luck Fale vs. BUSHI
Death Juice vs. Best Friends
CHAOS (Goto, Ishii, YTR, and Y-H) vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, KES, and Despy)
Kota Ibushi and KUSHIDA vs. Bullet Club (Cody and Marty Scurll)
Roppongi 3K (SHO, YOH, and Rocky Romero) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi)
World Tag League Final:L.I.J (EVIL and SANADA) vs. Guerillas of Destiny

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Oh man DJ vs BF. There will be so much kissing and hugging

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I bet the Trios titles will be defended on New Year's Dash instead of the Tokyo Dome this year.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
My bladder depends on it happening at the dome

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Elgin returns home on Tuesday.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Elgin returns home on Tuesday.

meaning he won't be on the weekend shows?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
new japan c-shows are my favorite thing to watch before i have to go to work in the afternoon, so i personally cannot wait.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat, I missed Cobb (and his entire tour) but it feels good to be watching some New Japan again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goto just put his hair on the line against Suzuki!?! :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JERICHO JUST SHOWED UP AT THE SHOW :aaa: :derp:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

just woke up in time for that match, and yeah that was a hell of a surprise due to to the flight involved.

Jerusalem posted:

Goto just put his hair on the line against Suzuki!?! :aaa:

missed the match but this owns and I understand why it's Goto and not Ishii now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I bet Jericho loving loves that New Japan are willing and able to keep this stuff a surprise - I thought doing another video was pretty lame but for it to be a cover for him to show up in the ring, beat the poo poo out of Omega, toss a ref and a Young Boy out of the ring, take out Callis and only get run off when the Young Bucks showed up with bats was loving awesome.

Thauros posted:

missed the match but this owns and I understand why it's Goto and not Ishii now.

Missed a chance for Ishii to be forced to grow his hair if he couldn't beat Suzuki though :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

:aaaaa:

I didn't get up early to speed through the show, thinking that nothing special was going to happen. I was wrong. :drat:

• Locked thread