Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

hifi posted:

the best christmas songs are the blink 182 one and wham - last christmas
best christmas song of all time imo

https://youtu.be/3uUudJuTXRI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prlf5y5iRv0

Also this was a weird rear end song my parents always used to play when I was growing up. Basically the north star is an alien spaceship and the three wiseman are a bunch of aliens. It's catchy.

https://youtu.be/GmZg7tvGN9o

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Quiet Feet posted:

:yeah:

It used to be when a really bad storm whipped through I'd think of all the poo poo I'd have to rake up the next day but now its like oooh hey free firewood all over the lawn tomorrow!

This is pretty much exactly what a friend of mine did because the house him and his GF were renting had an awful heating bill. So they mostly chopped wood, collected old paper clippings, poo poo like that and threw it in the fireplace. Dry out whatever's wet outside and it's a good way to get some heat going.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Intruder posted:

After the success of Game of Thrones I hope HBO starts picking up more properties that seem unfilmable (oh god did ASOIAF seem unfilmable when I read it)

What I'm saying is a multi season live action english Attack on Titan

I would love for them to do the Hyperion Cantos or if something less sci-fi James Ellroy's Underworld USA trilogy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man why does CD have to be a bunch of Debbie Downers on the Disney/Fox deal, I just Disney to own all the Marvel properties, is that so wrong?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

... man

https://twitter.com/NatGeo/status/939283476334895104

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Literally just saw this scrolling through Twitter trends and my heart is broken :(

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Eli Wiggum posted:

best christmas song of all time imo

https://youtu.be/3uUudJuTXRI

Your song was not Fairytale of New York, therefore your opinion is invalid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with this country

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/939014159726870530

this cop got off

Good evening, y'all.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Paul Nicklen is a great follow on Instagram. He has so much passion in his heart for what he does. If you can donate anything to Sea Legacy to help please do; it's going to good use.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

After the success of Game of Thrones I hope HBO starts picking up more properties that seem unfilmable (oh god did ASOIAF seem unfilmable when I read it)

There's already a live action Attack on Titan movie.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Intruder posted:

Adapt the Sandman since it would much better as a TV series than a movie like WB has been trying to do for years at this point. That or bring back Rome and do it right this time

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Jesus Christ :smithicide:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

When I was in elementary school my best friend's favorite animal was the polar bear, so the fact that they've become the poster childanimal for climate change victims has always been super-depressing to me.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Joey Freshwater posted:

So I made this today in the crock pot. Just checked on it and it's looking real good. Little watery for my tastes but I can always drain a bit.

Two more hours to go!

Here is what mine looked like pre simmer.

I took goonever's advice and cooked it then put it in the fridge overnight so the flavors would meld better and then brought it to work in tupperware and reheated it.

If you actually let it simmer for 3-5 hours (I went for 3 because I had to head to bed) it reduced down a ton and gets really thick. (So much so I broke a cheap plastic serving spoon this AM when I was stirring it.)

Overall A+ recipe.

I won the contest by leaps and bounds, and it was good as hell.

Thanks again Thad!

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 9, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
BATTLE ANGEL ALITA IS COMING

:woop:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/thejustinrose/status/938944309855948802

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Chichevache posted:

BATTLE ANGEL ALITA IS COMING

:woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw

Those Black Hole Sun eyes are gonna haunt my dreams.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Loving Mueller's pace this week.

Dude fucks criminals

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
always get your receipt, i guess

https://twitter.com/cjciaramella/status/939249823890526208

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Wow what an epic POS. This is why I don't shop at wal mart.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So the assault would have been legally justifiable if they had stolen the tomato?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
well the story omits that it took place is agrabah, so yes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So the assault would have been legally justifiable if they had stolen the tomato?

If they were refusing a lawful order! :downsrim:

Honestly, the cop probably would have gotten away with a slap on the wrist if he hasn't falsified the report.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

If they were refusing a lawful order! :downsrim:

Honestly, the cop probably would have gotten away with a slap on the wrist if he hasn't falsified the report.

If there's one thing I've learned from college sports, it's not the crime that gets you in trouble but the cover-up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Still snowing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My snow is all gone

Probably won't see snow again for another five or six years

On the plus side, I have a lot of people on FB :thunk:ing about climate change now which is always a hoot WHERE'S THIS GLOBAL WARMING I KEEP HEARING ABOUT LOL LIBS

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I am cold today therefore it is impossible for the global temperature to be rising.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I sure love that my team is owned by one of the richest owners and yet he rather spend that on Seven Springs than making the Pirates a contender

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it was 85 a week ago in phoenix

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:smith:

how can I help the polar bear?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*new record high temperatures every summer for years*

lol of course it's hot it's summer

*freak "snowstorm" one time*

lol where's your global warming now

It was literally in the high 80s a week ago

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 9, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

On the plus side, I have a lot of people on FB :thunk:ing about climate change now which is always a hoot WHERE'S THIS GLOBAL WARMING I KEEP HEARING ABOUT LOL LIBS

My manager when I worked at Jimmy John's was touting the line of "global warming is a bad name, it's going to be more that the weather is going to get more extreme in both directions" and this was back in like '05 or '06.

Dude got fired for (allegedly) trying to make a pizza in the bread oven but he had more progressive views on climate change back then than a majority of our elected officials do today.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Ehud posted:

If you ask the Climate Change D&D thread the only thing you can do is move out to the wilderness and live as a asexual hermit primitivist and even that won't change anything because we are well past the point of no return. God that thread is the most nihilistic thing on these forums.

Also probably not a good idea to start feeding wild bears since that will lead them to be reliant on us (God now I sound like one of my shithead coworkers who uses this as the reason why food stamps/welfare is bad on his office wall)

Though another consequence of climate change with polar bears is now they are moving south for food and interbreeding with Grizzly bears, creating Prizzly or Golar bears

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ehud posted:

if its yellow let it mellow

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

Help us seize and nationalize the oil and gas industry, so we can immediately dismantle it and transition to a cleaner energy system. Given that we’re about 40 years too late to start that process, the bear’s hosed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So...uh...Giancarlo and Judge in New York huh? Well that's not annoying at all.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

So...uh...Giancarlo and Judge in New York huh? Well that's not annoying at all.

Gonna be even funnier when they suck imho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Judge has been figured out I tell myself as I despair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Oh the despair in the defending champions heart :raise:

Shut up

• Locked thread