Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Hitman with the Brothers Grimm is loving amazing and everyone should try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

chairface posted:

Hitman with the Brothers Grimm is loving amazing and everyone should try it.

Agreed, it's terrifying to see akimbo full auto shotguns in action. Nothing else in the game makes me jump in my seat when it fires in my general direction.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I just pubstoved deathwish mountain with a non infamy level 30, non infamy level 80, and one infamy level 100.

And it all boiled down to me hiding in a room with 5 hostages with muscle regen for a whole wave.

Surrounded by tasers.

That one guy got like 13 levels though so :feelsgood:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Big ole patch for new armor skins in a safe and a bunch of rebalancing:

Flamethrower
Ammo pick up increased by 666%
Effective damage per second is increased by 220%
Burn effect duration is decreased to 1.5 seconds (down from 6)
Burn effect trigger chance is increased by 40%

Airbow
Concealment is decreased to 5 (down from 28)

The Judge Shotgun
Ammo pick up is reduced by approximately 20%
The total ammo is increased to 40 (up from 25)

Heather Submachine Gun
Stability is increased to 52 (up from 44)
Concealment is increased to 28 (up from 25)
The recoil pattern was tweaked to be easier to control and more predictable for the player

5/7 AP Pistol
Stability is decreased to 36 (down from 52)
Accuracy is decreased to 48 (down from 64)

Jackal SMG
Fixed the alignment of The Professional's Choice Sight
----
Stoic
Stoic damage over-time duration is now dealt over 12 second (down from 16)

Gambler
The 3rd Perk “Ammo Give Out” now also increases your health by 20%
The 5th Perk “Sharing Is Caring” now also increases your health by 20%
Medical Supplies can now be triggered every 3 seconds (down from 4)

Infiltrator
“OVERDOG” Perk is moved from 7th place to 1st Perk
“Basic Close Combat” Perk is moved from 1st to 3rd Perk
“Advanced Close Combat” Perk is moved from 3rd to 5th Perk
“Expert Close Combat” Perk is moved from 5th to 7th Perk
“OVERDOG” damage reduction is increased to 12% (up from 8%)
“OVERDOG” melee damage boost now activates on your second and each consecutive melee hit with 1 second of the last one and will deal 10 time its normal damage
“Basic, Advanced and Expert Close Combat” damage reduction is increased to 8% each (up from 6%)

Sociopath
The “No Talk” Perk is replaced with the “OVERDOG” Perk
The “Tension” Perk now also increases armor by 10%
The “Clean Hit” Perk now also reduces the damage received by 8% when within medium range of an enemy
The “Overdose” Perk now also increase armor by 10%

Tag Team
Activation range is increased to 18 meters (up from 10)
The effect should now be easier to activate
Each enemy you kill now extend the duration of the effect by 1.3 seconds (up from 0.6)
Fix lingering effect on tagged player

---
Big Bank
The Preplanning asset “The Elevator Trick” favor cost is decreased to 3 (down from 6)
The Preplanning asset “C4 Tunneling” favor cost is decreased to 3 (down from 6)
The Preplanning assets “Thermite” favor cost is decreased to 5 (down from 8)
Fixed a crash that could occur when interacting with the bandit barrier as the host drops out
Fixed so that players can no longer get stuck behind a lamp and door by the entrance

Big Oil
Fixed so that players can't get stuck inside the wall beside the tall safe

Biker Heist
Fixed so that the mechanic continues to work after being interrupted

Birth Of Sky
Fixed so that you can no longer see through the dinosaur on top of the gas station
Fixed so that you can no longer trigger the flare through the roof of the diner

Car Shop
Fixed so that the computers won't work if an ECM is being used

Diamond Heist
Fixed an issue that could cause the zipline not to spawn if you break stealth at a certain point

Election Day
Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck between the drill and a wall in the Warehouse

Framing Frame
Added ragdoll collision on the stairs outside of the bathrooms in day 1 so that the guards won't fall through them when they are killed, making the players unable to answer their pager
Fixed so that 2 AI’s do not stand in the same spot while idling on day 2
Switched places of one of the security cameras which wouldn't be able to display the vault door on day 3

Goat Simulator
Fixed an issue where players could use explosive rounds to duplicate goats by the secure zone on day 1
Fixed so that players have to put out the fire to get to the goat in the burning building

Heat Street
Fixed a specific piece of curb that the player could not cross without jumping

Hotline Miami
Fixed collision behind the chairs on the right balcony on day 2 so that players don't get stuck

Jewelry Store
Removed helicopters that didnt do anything

Murky Station
Fixed so that players can't throw bags behind the grates in the sewers

Rats
Fixed so that you can no longer jump out of the level if you buy the Vantage Point asset on day 1

New Safehouse
Adjusted Ethan’s animations while he is sitting on the couch

Safe House Raid
Fixed an issue with cops going through the fence instead of climbing over

Slaughterhouse
Fixed portals on the level in the container area

The Diamond
Fixed so that enemies can navigate in the World War 2 room in the museum instead of standing outside in the corridor

Watchdogs
Fixed collision on day 1 so that bags don't get stuck
Fixed navigation for the AI on day 1 so that they can jump both ways across the broken bridge

Yacht Heist
Fixed so that the player will no longer get stuck between a shelf and a box in the basement
Fixed so that you can no longer shoot guards out of the closed windows on the top floor making it impossible to answer their pagers

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Current consensus on the patch:

About half of the armors are unbelievably ugly.

The weapon changes are mostly inexplicable.

The perk deck changes are a step in the right direction.

The heist changes are all good news, although ECM chaining will no longer work for Car Shop, it's now very fair to stealth.

Thread poll: what armors would you like to see in a future community armor skin safe?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Does this mean gambler is about to be meta? That health increase on paper at least looks crazy

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Judge change is a step in the right direction. More of the "meta" guns should have pickup nerfs in exchange for some other slight stat buff. Pickup changes should have been done on a case by case basis instead of the sweeping changes they made last year. It's nice to see them finally start doing incremental balance changes but just baffling that they didn't start doing it until the last year of support...

The flamethrower pickup change is good, but what it needs to have to really compete with fire shotguns is 100% ignite chance. The ignite chance still feels low even after the buff, and fire shotguns are always going to have the edge still because they are hit scan and you can just keep shooting until you get the burning animation. The flamethrower still has that delay that can and will get you killed.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Does this mean gambler is about to be meta? That health increase on paper at least looks crazy

The health increase is the same as the one that Grinder gives. IMO it's still a map situational deck. Being that it was designed back when PD2 was largely related to smallish indoor maps, it's less than ideal for something like Goat Simulator or Aftershock. As far as health granting decks go I'd still rate Kingpin as top dog followed closely by Muscle.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 30, 2017

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Flamethrower feels much MUCH better now. Judge pickup still seems the same, but at least you have more ammo with it.

New infiltrator is great. two katana swings back to back kills grays, 3 hits kills special units.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
they made sociopath so good.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Gambler always was meta, got my OD skull largely running gambler.

I'm excited to try the changed sociopath, made a test build for it.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Sociopath
The “No Talk” Perk is replaced with the “OVERDOG” Perk

Just reading the patch notes it looks like all they did was give Sociopath 20% more armor but no, this line right here translates into "Chaining melee strikes within 1 second of the last grants 10x melee damage." So that sounds like fun and might actually make the deck usable above Overkill.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah I was looking at that and going through the melee weapons to see what's the most chainable and oddly enough the motherforker winds up a pretty compelling weapon for a sociopath, since you don't want the kunai's poison "stealing" your melee kills, concealment doesn't matter, and the key stats are reach, attack delay and cooldown.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The Motherforker's day has returned.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Hey so I went through Aldstone's Heritage except those goddamn war documents don't seem to actually exist. I've run Harvest & Trustee jobs like 6 times now with full clears on the boxes and haven't seen a drat one. I've seen people on steam forums mention it's just a bad drop rate but 1) they're still talking about rates way better than what I've had and 2) steam forums people are mostly idiots.

Any help?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Hey so I went through Aldstone's Heritage except those goddamn war documents don't seem to actually exist. I've run Harvest & Trustee jobs like 6 times now with full clears on the boxes and haven't seen a drat one. I've seen people on steam forums mention it's just a bad drop rate but 1) they're still talking about rates way better than what I've had and 2) steam forums people are mostly idiots.

Any help?

The way it works is the game flips a coin to decide whether a folder can spawn each time you start the heist. There's then a pretty low spawnrate for folders beyond that. I very strongly recommend doing Transport jobs to reduce the time between opening boxes- you'll take way less time that way.

Also get in the discord and we'll help you.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

[In Scarface voice] I just pool my cawhk out. Dey luvvit.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

EorayMel posted:

[In Scarface voice] I just pool my cawhk out. Dey luvvit.

That mask's a work of art. Is that happy santa? How'd you customize it?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

That mask's a work of art. Is that happy santa? How'd you customize it?

Happy Santa, pinecone material only.

The lore is that he burned his house down and face while cooking lasagna late at night. Now he has a scarred face.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Another design question I'm working on for a revision of One Down. I'd love some feedback on the issue.

Now that we have all the halloween heists sticking around, what sort of role should Headless Titandozers have? I'm thinking about changes to the enemy unit behavior, weapon or stats, but I'm currently not planning on changing when and where they appear.

In the base game, Headless Titandozers can only move by walking, and cannot take headshot damage. They have 6000 health on overkill and 18000 health on One Down.
Headless Titandozer weapons have really messed up stats. On all difficulties they have the same damage and accuracy from Overkill: 80 damage point blank, down to 60 at long range(less than normal skulldozers on other difficulties). On Prison Nightmare on One Down, they spawn with Remingtons for no clear reason.

Headless Titandozers appear on:
Lab Rats (set number per assault wave and a couple scripted spawns)
Safehouse Nightmare (all over the place)
Prison Nightmare (One at a time, as a wheel result)
Cursed Kill Room (as a rare event spawn)

Given how weird and rare they are, the sky's the limit, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.
What role do you think the Headless Titandozer should play on endgame difficulties?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
What about jobs having a mini panic room with either extra bags or even a safe with a guaranteed card drop type of reward inside of a room behind the dozer.

Like a special side boss kinda thing that could be a avoided if you didn't want to gently caress with it.

Could be an RNG area selected each map that is boarded off with the bully behind it.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Like ever classic horror movie monster/slasher ever, they should be extremely tough to kill and only lethal to unlikable idiots who get caught off-guard and isolated.

Also they should be able to sprint, but only when no one's looking.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

maswastaken posted:

Like ever classic horror movie monster/slasher ever, they should be extremely tough to kill and only lethal to unlikable idiots who get caught off-guard and isolated.

Dude, just @ me next time

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Glad to hear Sociopath and the Flamethrower got some love.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:frogsiren: http://www.overkillsthewalkingdead.com :frogsiren:

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Oh thank god another zambi game!

Didn't have enough of those for the last 5 years.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Would you prefer Ulf's offering instead?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493520/GTFO/

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Hasn’t this been teased for like three years now?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

This game looks terrible.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

This game looks terrible.

it's like 5 screenshots and 2 animated gifs, how about you simmer down a bit

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCuR-GUlJzM

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Good news on the Crack Down front: Stability bugs are being squashed at a speedy pace. Enemy spawn groups and proportions are final pending public testing. Enemy health has been mostly finalized, with the next set of changes being to enemy AI patterns. 75% of new enemy behavior has been outlined, and changes to cloakers have already been successfully implemented.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

For those who missed the stream that the website's timer was counting down to, here's what we learned about Overkill's The Walking Dead:
  1. One of the characters is called Aiden.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

ThatOneGuy posted:

Oh thank god another zambi game!

Didn't have enough of those for the last 5 years.

Five years? I played a huge amount of Brain Bread (a HL1 mod) when it came out in 2007. I thought the zombie game concept was played out by the time Left 4 Dead was released- Left 4 Dead came out in 2008, and Dead Rising had come out in 2006. I was definitely in for a surprise. Ten years later, the real zombie is the zombie genre which keeps multiplying and won't die no matter what.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

maswastaken posted:

For those who missed the stream that the website's timer was counting down to, here's what we learned about Overkill's The Walking Dead:
  1. One of the characters is called Aiden.

I thought that was Kanye West?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

ZearothK posted:

I thought that was Kanye West?

From a perspective of no context besides the D.C. Countdown page and this thread: Oh poo poo president kanye

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

There should be a law against game developers speaking in broad platitudes about their games. That was the most boring imaginable.

In conclusion the Walking Dead will be a game of contrasts.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
hey guys its me, Game Dev here to talk about my all new game: ButtWorld.

ten hours later

alright here's a half minute trailer showing the main character, Poots.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
We're really excited to talk to you today abut how excited we are to talk about how excited we are to talk about our new game. We hope you're excited too.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I am excited to talk to you about the Tasers on Death Vox:

quote:

1. self._next_shock = t + 0.25 + math.rand(1)
Replace with
self._next_shock = t + 0.1+ math.rand(.5)
and
2. self._unit:camera():camera_unit():base():set_target_tilt((math.random(2) == 1 and -1 or 1) * math.random(10))
Replace with
self._unit:camera():camera_unit():base():set_target_tilt((math.random(2) == 1 and -1 or 1) * math.random(25))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Soooooo...

A wobblier camera?