Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Gold Sexy Body posted:

I can't vote and I hope Doug wins.

Then stop pouting like a 15 year old who just discovered Howard Zinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
There is no good defense or excuse for not doing everything in your power legally to keep Roy Moore out of the Senate

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Lol, ah yes the best candidate always wins the primary, including uh, noted election winners John Kerry and Hillary Clinton, very good point

Whose rereg are you?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

like no, it’s not

you’re projecting like crazy

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump speech exerpt at civil rights museum.

quote:

And I want to congratulate your great governor, and all of the people in this room who were so inspirational to so many others to get out and get this done. This is an incredible tribute, not only to the state of Mississippi – a state that I love, a state where I’ve had great success. This is a tribute to our nation at the highest level.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Fun fact, the single biggest fall in living standards in human history was Eastern Europe and Russia after the fall of Communism.

I lived in poland before the fall of communism and the standard of living has gone up considerably

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

stone cold posted:

like no, it’s not

100% it is

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Crow Jane posted:

Then stop pouting like a 15 year old who just discovered Howard Zinn.

Left wing people want to vote for Left Wing candidates and aren't that enthusiastic about generic democrats.

not understanding this is literally how we got here in the first place.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

whatever sadman

you do you

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Left wing people want to vote for Left Wing candidates and aren't that enthusiastic about generic democrats.

if there were enough left wing voters, the left wing candidate would have won the primary

this is how primaries work. now you know

stone cold posted:

whatever sadman

you do you

it is an awful movie with a terrible message

ariel is a Troubled Teen and if you took away the magical underwater setting it would be a cautionary lifetime movie about predators

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Fun fact, the single biggest fall in living standards in human history was Eastern Europe and Russia after the fall of Communism.

Have... have you heard of the holodomor? Or are you one of those tankies who thinks it's American propaganda?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Gold Sexy Body posted:

maybe they should actually run candidates and get out and vote like in virginia

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

boner confessor posted:

if there were enough left wing voters, the left wing candidate would have won the primary

this is how primaries work. now you know

it is an awful movie with a terrible message

ariel is a Troubled Teen and if you took away the magical underwater setting it would be a cautionary lifetime movie about predators

Except the primary was literally rigged, but yes okay, an excellent point.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

TheMadMilkman posted:

Rogue One gave us the Vader scene at the end, which is the only scene that really showed why people respected/feared the Jedi. They're kind of wet noodles in all the other movies.

As long as I get a few memorable scenes like that in every movie, I'm good.

what scene was that?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gold Sexy Body posted:

:tinfoil:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

dbukalski posted:

what scene was that?

The one where Vader goes all slasher villain as he goes after the Death Star plans and is just chopping down dudes left and right.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Gold Sexy Body posted:

:ughh:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Maybe those 3 million illegals in the election also voted for Hillary in the primary :tinfoil:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Gold Sexy Body posted:

sorry who was the more leftist candidate in alabama that the primary was rigged against

thanks

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

dbukalski posted:

what scene was that?

Very end when he shows up in the dark hallway and murders everyone. It did a better job of showing why Vader was feared than anything in the OT.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

how the gently caress is this not the opposite of what happened lol

I guess he really thinks that poo poo tastes better than incredibly well made food made by world class chefs.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Moatman posted:

Have... have you heard of the holodomor? Or are you one of those tankies who thinks it's American propaganda?

Of course I have, it was self evidently terrible. The fall of the Soviet Union was in 1990 though and that was also not a bed of roses for lots of people.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

dbukalski posted:

what scene was that?

Vader goes rage mode. It's what happens right before A New Hope begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

was it not?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheMadMilkman posted:

Very end when he shows up in the dark hallway and murders everyone. It did a better job of showing why Vader was feared than anything in the OT.

i like how vader is just ragdolling dudes all over the place and then, canonically, like a few days/weeks later in a new hope vader's own guys are sassing him for believing in witchcraft

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

People that argue like this do not actually care about the voters or democracy. They just want their way.

what argument? the MORE liberal candidate already lost to jones. what do you want people to do? execute jones and demand a do over?

in the real world its jones v moore. theres no way to change that. no one is able to pull "strings" and win with a better candidate. the best liberal candidate for alabama already won and its jones

so now that its jones v moore your gonna hide in your basement so moore can win?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Left wing people aren’t numerous enough to win a primary in most places. A left wing person lost the Alabama Democratic primary in a fashion that makes your argument completely invalid.

Find better candidates? gently caress off, find better voters. You don’t have any.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Gold Sexy Body posted:

oh i see we are still pretending this is true

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

no, it was not. this is how a crazy person thinks and you need to put more effort into this gimmick if you want to really fully invest this thread in a dogpile

i'm going to get some lunch now and i'll check back in a few hours to see if you've gotten any better

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Gold Sexy Body posted:

I can't vote and I hope Doug wins.

you said you wouldnt vote for either. I dont care about your ability to vote. I care about your thought process by which you would waste your voting power and potentially allow moore to win.

because the other guy only matches your snowflake demands 95%

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i like the DSA but that is loving dumb move. i understand the dislike centrists/decorum. hell i agree with it, but Jones is good enough. id back him. if he were as bad as the "centrists" he would be hemming and hawing over attacking moore for being a sex pedo because "well something someshing decorum" he hasnt. he has burned him multiple times, so he is good in my book. I HATE purity politics the AL DSA is committing it whole sale. gently caress em.

morons. i primaried for bernie and held my nose in the general. i don't like clinton much but i'll take her over some smoothbrain fash.

Personally it's just motivating me more to join the local DSA here so I can help keep them from self-immolating that way. And same, though it was caucus in my case.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

cochise posted:

Vader goes rage mode. It's what happens right before A New Hope begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM

yeah. pretty much the only reason i saw that movie.

boner confessor posted:

i like how vader is just ragdolling dudes all over the place and then, canonically, like a few days/weeks later in a new hope vader's own guys are sassing him for believing in witchcraft

montti is douche. these anthology book that came out and one of the short stories in it is montti getting all alt right "muh free speech" in letter to high command about vader forcing his religion on him and all this other dumb poo poo.

https://www.amazon.com/Certain-Point-View-Star-Wars/dp/0345511476

its pretty good. lots of good authors.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Moktaro posted:

Personally it's just motivating me more to join the local DSA here so I can help keep them from self-immolating that way. And same, though it was caucus in my case.

same.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
more and more the cspam turmp thrad outpaces this one in every positive category

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

montti is douche. these anthology book that came out and one of the short stories in it is montti getting all alt right "muh free speech" in letter to high command about vader forcing his religion on him and all this other dumb poo poo.

https://www.amazon.com/Certain-Point-View-Star-Wars/dp/0345511476

its pretty good. lots of good authors.

telling me star wars lore without my explicit concent is a violation of the NAP and i will see you in court, mother fucker

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Gold Sexy Body posted:

no we got trump because people like you demand their perfect candidate or theyre staying home

your perfect candidate is not other democrats perfect candidate. you meet somewhere in the middle to defeat a monster. because the gop voters will vote en masse for pedophile rapists.

but youll only vote for your candidate of perfection

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

skylined! posted:

more and more the cspam turmp thrad outpaces this one in every positive category

go hang out there then

👋

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

dbukalski posted:

no we got trump because people like you demand their perfect candidate or theyre staying home

your perfect candidate is not other democrats perfect candidate. you meet somewhere in the middle to defeat a monster. because the gop voters will vote en masse for pedophile rapists.

but youll only vote for your candidate of perfection

are you seriously suggesting Hillary Clinton lost the election because Marxists and leftists stayed at home because uh, that isn't what happened.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

boner confessor posted:

it's the cinematic equivalent of someone's teen daughter running away from home to live with a divorced guy she met on the internet who lives in a singlewide and breeds pit bulls

The little Mermaid works best if you imagine it as a trans narrative:

A woman has extreme problems with the lower half of her body and desires something else. Her father, wanting his child to have a happy and "normal" life, lashes out and punishes her when he finds out about these problems/desires because he believes it's "just a phase" that she needs to get over. The woman, feeling hurt and desperate, agrees to undergo a procedure that solves her problems. Unfortunately, this procedure also leads to dangerous complications because she got it from an unreliable back alley source. When her father finds out about what his daughter was willing to go through to change her body he finally understands how much it means to her and how wrong he was. He helps her undergo the procedure in a much safer way (which he could have done all along, but initially denied her out of ignorance and anger). The woman is now happy and free to live her life the way she wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

stone cold posted:

go hang out there then

👋

hurrr take your little mermaid derail to the little mermaid thread for princesses then too

• Locked thread