Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And even less so when you look at every Asgardian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
And, y'know. The comic source material. Just look at the Shi'ar and the Imperial Guard... Shi'ar look human with (sometimes) feather like hair. They're supposed to have evolved from birds. All the Imperial guardsmen look like humans with one or two cosmetic differences.

The Kree are either blue or pink.

Sure, there are things like the Dire Wraiths, and the Brood, and the Phalanx, and the whatsit from the first episode and the whatever the hell Beta Ray Bill is, but if you have a large portion of your common alien races be "humans with cosmetic difference" then it's not that surprising.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Deek just screams Poundstretcher Bradley Cooper or something, he's rather annoying.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I really hope we don't stay in lame future space dystopia for much longer.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
So I can't help but notice that the "roaches" in the overhead shot at the end look very similar to the monsters invading Wakanda in the Infinity Wars trailer. I wonder if that is intentional or just a happy accident.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Batmasterson posted:

So I can't help but notice that the "roaches" in the overhead shot at the end look very similar to the monsters invading Wakanda in the Infinity Wars trailer. I wonder if that is intentional or just a happy accident.

look man

all those space-faring insectoids look alike

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm preferring this setting to the season 4 Framework. I didn't care for the filter they had for it and thankfully they got rid of that this time.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

TFRazorsaw posted:

look man

all those space-faring insectoids look alike

I know you are right but I want to believe. Enjoyed the episode, but maybe not as much as the first 2. The effect on Yo-Yo's heist was very nice though.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm gonna guess and say that the Kree are basically breeding Inhumans for trade. As to if they actually caused the world to explode or are just capitalizing on it, I dunno.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
edit: *derp* I read "inhumans" as "humans" and my whole post fell apart.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Daisy slapping the gently caress out of a mansplaining Deek was so great.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Chloe Bennet agrees

https://twitter.com/ChloeBennet4/status/939573120175714304

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I liked this episode a bit more than the 1-2 opener. Getting some more backstory and development was nice. I know all the sets are basically re-used, but Kasyus' scenes are a welcome change of pace since the room is lit with light and there are bright, non brown/black/dark colors.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Batmasterson posted:

Yeah, they're all Vrellnexians.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Slashrat posted:

To be fair, "human with cosmetic difference" is an aesthetic for aliens that the GotG movies and Ragnarok have already established pretty firmly in the MCU
This might be due to budget as well, but I guess for me it just looks cheap here. Like Yondu/Drax/Nebula look great because they use prosthetics and their makeup is elaborate. Red contacts just seems like the absolute most mailed-in option. I suppose this could be a critique on Marvel and/or sci-fi in general, but compare this season to a 20+ year old show like Babylon 5 in terms of imaginative alien design, even for its human-adjacent aliens.

That said, I like where it's going with the potential for Earth surface dwellers still being alive.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Literally the movies have already established the Kree as being blue humanoids.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, they're all Vrellnexians.

the ones in Infinity War are actually the Outriders

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CaveGrinch posted:

Honestly, Kasius and Sinara look quite a bit more interesting than most of the kree we’ve seen in the movies, with patterning and stuff, whereas even Ronan was basically just “blue guy with face paint”.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CaveGrinch posted:

Yeah, aren't the "shades of pink and red" the Shi'ar? And gold are "Sovereign" (from what I recall completely created by MCU for GOTG)

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Daisy slapping the gently caress out of a mansplaining Deek was so great.

When exactly was he mansplaining to her? As a person who's lived on the base his entire life I think it's fair to say he knows more about how it operates than she does, regardless of gender. Also I assume if you wanna portray mansplaining as a negative thing, maybe in your example you shouldn't have the guy be unquestionably correct. Or are we gonna pretend that she would have achieved her goal and finding Jemma and then ??? and also prevented the Kree retaliation on the humans if he hadn't ratted her out?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also I assume if you wanna portray mansplaining as a negative thing, maybe in your example you shouldn't have the guy be unquestionably correct.

It’s easy to be unquestionably correct when you actively sabotage the woman you were mansplaining to so that you were unquestionably correct.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

counterfeitsaint posted:

When exactly was he mansplaining to her? As a person who's lived on the base his entire life I think it's fair to say he knows more about how it operates than she does, regardless of gender. Also I assume if you wanna portray mansplaining as a negative thing, maybe in your example you shouldn't have the guy be unquestionably correct. Or are we gonna pretend that she would have achieved her goal and finding Jemma and then ??? and also prevented the Kree retaliation on the humans if he hadn't ratted her out?

He was mansplaining the concept of alternate universes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

counterfeitsaint posted:

When exactly was he mansplaining to her?

When he was explaining, in extremely basic terms, the concept of the multiverse
e;fb

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
For the audience, yes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Fair enough, I wasn't paying enough attention to remember the multiverse thing. That or I dismissed it because it was kinda dumb, but taking that into account I can see where you're coming from now.

Still think her plan to storm the kree area of the space station was stupid though.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Phylodox posted:

It’s easy to be unquestionably correct when you actively sabotage the woman you were mansplaining to so that you were unquestionably correct.
What part of her plan would have prevented all the people on that floor from being euthanized as punishment? Kill every Kree on the station before they have the chance to trigger Thunderdome at the push of a button?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Nill posted:

What part of her plan would have prevented all the people on that floor from being euthanized as punishment? Kill every Kree on the station before they have the chance to trigger Thunderdome at the push of a button?

The part where she takes Kasius hostage and threatens to quake his head off if anyone so much as twitches? I don’t know. And now we never will.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I just want to say that the MCU version of Grills is kind of an rear end.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sesq posted:

I just want to say that the MCU version of Grills is kind of an rear end.

Tag yourself. I'm Jane Thor in the Santa hat.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Mymla posted:

I really hope we don't stay in lame future space dystopia for much longer.

I kind of agree, I love space, and future dystopia poo poo, but it's not really why I watch AoS

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I kind of agree, I love space, and future dystopia poo poo, but it's not really why I watch AoS

Dunno, the last episode made it sound like they'd be in a future apocalyptic wasteland dystopia soon

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
So far I am happy with the season, the story is moving along nicely and they are certainly not sparing any expense when it comes to all the space action. As long as Fitz comes back soon they can stay in space the whole season for all i care.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Oasx posted:

So far I am happy with the season, the story is moving along nicely and they are certainly not sparing any expense when it comes to all the space action. As long as Fitz comes back soon they can stay in space the whole season for all i care.

Not next episode but the episode after.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

???????

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Proposition Joe posted:

He was mansplaining the concept of alternate universes.

Maybe he's just learned about it himself and is really excited to tell everyone.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

If we go by the multiverse theory, then he's wrong when he accuses Daisy of destroying the Earth, right? Even if it was a Daisy that did it, that doesn't mean she did it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's using the multiverse theory where she's gone forwards back in time to after she'd blown up the Earth but since Daisy Johnson blew up the Earth she'll have to fix it so she can blow it up again thus setting up the Kree picking up the scraps of humanity for Thunderdome.

If you look at it that way, it makes a ton more sense than Coulson getting his metric in his real hand.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

RareAcumen posted:

He's using the multiverse theory where she's gone forwards back in time to after she'd blown up the Earth but since Daisy Johnson blew up the Earth she'll have to fix it so she can blow it up again thus setting up the Kree picking up the scraps of humanity for Thunderdome.

If you look at it that way, it makes a ton more sense than Coulson getting his metric in his real hand.

Maybe he doesn't want anyone to know he has a robot hand?

Has anyone been following the ratings? I saw that they fell nearly 30% from the premiere on E03.

Edit: I have questions about this season so far. Why is everyone an idiot (except Mack and May most of the time)? They've been given very sensible advice of "lay low, blend in, until you understand how things work around here." And they all ignore it and go out of their way to be loud and highly visible. Every single one of them is smarter than that. I'm especially upset about Coulson risking people's lives and taking dumb chances with no idea what the consequences might be.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 10, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

They're like polar opposites. The pretty blue woman is able to stay silent, while the gross orange man really can't do that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They've said they're doing "pods" again, and that this one will be 10 episodes from what I hear, so there's seven more of futureland, I think.

• Locked thread