Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lucky idiot. Fortunately the bubbles probably distracted the shark from the vaguely seal size object.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Pervert giant squid gropes submersible, investigates Senate 2018 candidacy bid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e-53KVyCE

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

lol at the dude's eyes in the thumbnail
:prepop:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

isnt that marty feldman

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Project is finally done. I need more wood or some shims to even out the back feet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My back hurts just looking at that.

And drat the pizza man. Forgot my goddamn salad.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yo joining in on this

Dude. I'm sorry Miami Vice got cancelled, and Timothy Dalton just didn't have the chops to pull off a cheese fest like LTK. I don't know if Roger Moore could have saved that one.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Project is finally done. I need more wood or some shims to even out the back feet.

My name is Oliver Queen...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mods change my name posted:

My name is Oliver Queen...

I get that this is from Arrow but I don't understand it since I don't watch Arrow

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I DON'T EVEN KNOW

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
LEAVE ME ALONE

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJk69zP0No

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh a salmon ladder

crossfit is stupid

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I like when I get behind someone in traffic with some variety of crossfit bullshit on the back window, only to coincidentally follow them to a gas station and see a cow get out of the car. Bonus points if they have some sort of injury they're obviously nursing.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Using the tech he was working on for Avatar to make someone's face look like that for an entire movie should be enough to put James Cameron in jail.

Also, most of what I know about the comic is second hand, but nothing about how it is described screams "deserves a $100 million movie".

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Dead Reckoning posted:

Also, most of what I know about the comic is second hand, but nothing about how it is described screams "deserves a $100 million movie".

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

All of those are good movies, angel bugeyes will not be.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Did you know that this will not be the only bug eye movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSp1dM2Vj48

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Third World Reggin posted:

Did you know that this will not be the only bug eye movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSp1dM2Vj48

That doesn't look very good either. The book was kind of a love letter to the 80s and this looks like it tried to mash cliche nostalgia stuff from every moviegoing demographic into a giant heap and added a poo poo ton of bad cgi.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Looks like a love letter to people who can't have a conversation without checking their phone

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Zeris posted:

Looks like a love letter to people who can't have a conversation without checking their phone

Not sure if you mean "LOL millenials amirite?" or agree that this doesn't look very good. The book certainly wasn't literature with a capital L or anything but it didn't look nearly as batshit crazy as that trailer did.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

That doesn't look very good either. The book was kind of a love letter to the 80s and this looks like it tried to mash cliche nostalgia stuff from every moviegoing demographic into a giant heap and added a poo poo ton of bad cgi.

The book is what would happen if Seth MacFarlane decided he wanted to be an author. It wasn't a love letter so much as a lovely mash note.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Disagree because Seth does The Orville right now and it's a better star trek than the new star trek.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah turns out when MacFarlane gets the opportunity to do something he actually has a passion for, it comes out really well.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Seth MacFarlane is a renessance man, unfortunately. Though in his defense he wanted to kill off family guy a long time ago but fox wouldn't let him. At least he used his pull to get us Cosmos and The Orville.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

MA-Horus posted:

Disagree because Seth does The Orville right now and it's a better star trek than the new star trek.

It really is. Turns out you can use contemporary humor and comedic timing and still make a very entertaining scifi show that stands on its own.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

orange juche posted:

All of those are good movies

wrong-o

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The hottest of takes.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

This is the Equalizer tv show intro.
https://youtu.be/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1NiNKwueE

1980s NYC was a massive shithole 10+ years before Times Square was cleaned up.
1980s NYC can easily be compared to 2015-2017 Detroit.

Meanwhile this is the Sledgehammer show intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQl6r0fqRAI

Dirty Harry tv series parody with Naked Gun style gags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?R03Dtu1r6nk

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Greetings from Fiji

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Handsome Ralph posted:

The hottest of takes.

I don't know if you've been following the last two years of American political discourse, but I think, in context, my take on comic books and their media derivatives are pretty lukewarm.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Did that tiger kill him?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LingcodKilla posted:

Did that tiger kill him?

hosed up his shoulder but he lived. I assume he's going to make a one man war on tigers from now on

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Greetings from Fiji

this is pretty convincing cgi

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Not sure if you mean "LOL millenials amirite?" or agree that this doesn't look very good. The book certainly wasn't literature with a capital L or anything but it didn't look nearly as batshit crazy as that trailer did.

I don't know; it just made me think of when this cashier with an ipad stopped speaking in the middle of her sentence and ignored me until some kind of notification finally appeared on her screen, then she just finished her sentence like nothing had happened.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The book is loving garbage. I don't think Spielberg is going to be able to salvage it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:captainpop:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

dang that's fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

gently caress youuuuuuuuuu....

• Locked thread