Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

I'm a Wizards fan :smith:

Stupid clocks...

edit: https://instagram.com/p/BcizoAnALPI/

Let's read some tea leaves! He looks pretty drat happy for a guy who's going to miss the rest of the year. Maybe he's fine!

:ohdear:

looks fine! rub some dirt in it!

put em in dresses?

right?

He's fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
ACL tears can often support weight; you don't actually need one if you're not an athlete. None of this matters until the tests come in tomorrow.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

ACL tears can often support weight; you don't actually need one if you're not an athlete. None of this matters until the tests come in tomorrow.

I'm expecting it to come back positive for an ACL tear tomorrow because I just don't see how it cannot.

Plus I don't want Wentz getting RG3'd.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

axeil posted:

I am praying it's just a sprain and this season will be like 2003 where we had AJ Feeley doing AJ Feeley things till McNabb came back but I know that's probably not the case.

I'm trying to talk myself into believing in Nick Foles (again). Help.

re: snaps. The Eagles were getting dominated inside at times, especially Seumalo, I think Kelce was rushing it.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Nick Foles for your Dick Holes

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

axeil posted:

I'm expecting it to come back positive for an ACL tear tomorrow because I just don't see how it cannot.

Plus I don't want Wentz getting RG3'd.

You can tell almost immediately if the knee is unstable.

He was ruled out as soon as a team doctor got a hold of him. If he'd had to move in the pocket at all, it would have been this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mOVPFx1aIg

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new study bible! posted:

I've started typing like 3 different posts that all end in the conclusion that Foles might be better than Wentz at purely throwing the ball, but I think I might just be high on my own supply.

Or Concussed.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I've started typing like 3 different posts that all end in the conclusion that Foles might be better than Wentz at purely throwing the ball, but I think I might just be high on my own supply.

Wentz has thrown some weird balls these past two games but yeah I dunno about that.

The most striking difference between Foles and Wentz to me is awareness. I’m pretty sure they exist on opposite ends of the spectrum there.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

You can tell almost immediately if the knee is unstable.

He was ruled out as soon as a team doctor got a hold of him. If he'd had to move in the pocket at all, it would have been this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mOVPFx1aIg

I just went back to it on gamepass to see how mobile he was if at all. Yup, he's an absolute statue on every single play. Shotgun snap on all of them. Handoff to Clement, handoff to clement, incomplete to Jeffery, TD to Jeffery. The only time he moves even an inch with the ball in his hands is a one step drop on the TD.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 11, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I just went back to it on gamepass to see how mobile he was if at all. Yup, he's an absolute statue on every single play. Shotgun snap on all of them. Handoff to Clement, handoff to clement, incomplete to Jeffery, TD to Jeffery. The only time he moves even in inch with the ball in his hands is a one step drop on the TD.

It could still be a sprain goddammit :negative:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

At least Carson didn't have a seizure on the field.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Carson Wentz initial tests reportedly “don’t definitively show a complete tear”

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...hia-eagles-news

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/940059128612794369

quote:

In addition to this, @ProFootballDoc had the following to say in a Periscope video.

“The [Carson Wentz injury] video on Twitter and otherwise, I do not see the step where he tears his ACL. It’s very unusual to tear your ACL mid-air like on the dive when he he’s crunched between two players. So there leaves a little room for hope. Yes, it’s concerning when he’s walking off the field when you see that knee buckle […] So, yeah, fearing the worst but there’s a slight glimmer of hope with Carson Wentz. We’ll see. I go by video, I don’t go by sources, and I don’t see it on the video. It could be we just miss it, it could be I’m missing it, it could be the video misses it, but a little bit of hope.”

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Lost season?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I mean, we likely are the #1 or #2 seed. Any time you get a bye you can't really say it's a lost season. Plus of all the backup QBs out there, I'd want Nick Foles, a guy who knows Philly really well.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I don't understand why they let him walk off the field and into the tunnel. I see that all the time with injuries, in the NBA too.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

I don't understand why they let him walk off the field and into the tunnel. I see that all the time with injuries, in the NBA too.

you can walk on an acl tear. 2 guys in my office did it and they were fine until they had their surgeries.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's still not impossible that the Eagles win out, even with Foles instead of Wentz under center. Remaining schedule is Giants, Raiders, and Dallas in that order. Giants game is absolutely winnable. Cowboys is probably the toughest one since they'll have Zeke back but they may not have anything to play for and the Eagles might want to be resting their starters in any case so :shrug:.

Then there's the Raiders, who may just collectively commit seppuku at the 50-yard line during pre-game warmups when the shadow of one Great Nick Foles, Raider Slayer falls over them.

Edit: I guess the greater concern is the playoffs but I suppose anything can happen and we weren't even in them last year so I'm not going to kvetch.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If we win against the Giants next week and Minnesota loses, we clinch #1 seed.

If we win against the Giants next week and Minnesota wins, we clinch at least #2 seed.

If Wentz's results come back tomorrow and he can come back for playoffs, then he truly is the savior of Philadelphia and all of us. The "perfect" spot will be there waiting for him.

Otherwise, the rest of Philly's football is almost like the bonus level of Sonic this season. Cool, we got an Ajayi TD. Cool, Barnett got another sack. But, we know it'll end prematurely.

Please please please please please please let Wentz be okay. After that amazing game tonight, I didn't think I could ever be so depressed while we won it. This was supposed to be happy times :cry:

:cry:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Man, hope really is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Meanwhile the knives are coming out in DC, with players saying people weren't sufficiently prepared and Gruden admitting he's regressed as a coach. The whole thing is yet another typical DC gently caress up and this will just get the drumbeat of Cousins leaving louder and louder.

This whole thing loving sucks. Injuries suck, Gruden's conservative play calling sucks, both lines suck, it's all suck from front office to special teams.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

The Eagles will sink or swim with their offensive line going forward. If they take it to another level this team has a shot in playoff games. If not, probably not. Foles needs more than they gave Wentz, and it's not like they have been bad.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I felt like Wentz was getting all day back there most of the game.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It’s 4:02 am and I just keep hitting the refresh button on r/eagles/new

:(

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

89 posted:

It’s 4:02 am and I just keep hitting the refresh button on r/eagles/new

:(

I’m surprisingly ok.

Jolly Ol’ Foles went 14-4 with 40/12 TD/INT with noted bad coach Chip Kelly (including 6-2 in Chip’s first regression year).

I’m going to discount the Jeff Fisher year because Goff looked awful under Jeff Fisher as well.

This Christmas, I believe in St. Nick

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

aBagorn posted:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

aBagorn posted:

I’m surprisingly ok.

Jolly Ol’ Foles went 14-4 with 40/12 TD/INT with noted bad coach Chip Kelly (including 6-2 in Chip’s first regression year).

I’m going to discount the Jeff Fisher year because Goff looked awful under Jeff Fisher as well.

If it wasnt for Alex Henry we wold have probably beaten the Saints in the playoffs that year too.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/940047659594739712
https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/940063514923638784

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/TmartX2_Dad/status/940048615606595584

:barf:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah, Wentz is toast.

Nick Foles can win the next 2 games though.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Yeah, Wentz is toast.

Nick Foles can win the next 2 games though.

The next 2 games don't matter. The games in January matter

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

axeil posted:

I'm seriously not worried.

With 4 weeks of reps (3 games + bye) - I think Nick can run the offense well enough in the postseason to score 25+ on pretty much the entire NFC, barring the Vikings.

Also, apart from the Saints or Rams, I'm not really scared of anyone's offense. Gurley really gashed them today, but there was also a lot of very sloppy tackling which seemed very out of form for this secondary/linebacking corps.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

Fwiw I think Foles can win those too.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
lol, Wentz felt his knee folding sideways with every step and was like, "meh, lemme take a few snaps on it first"

What a badass/idiot/hero

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

aBagorn posted:

I'm seriously not worried.

With 4 weeks of reps (3 games + bye) - I think Nick can run the offense well enough in the postseason to score 25+ on pretty much the entire NFC, barring the Vikings.

Also, apart from the Saints or Rams, I'm not really scared of anyone's offense. Gurley really gashed them today, but there was also a lot of very sloppy tackling which seemed very out of form for this secondary/linebacking corps.

gently caress me you have far too much optimism.

Also are selling the rest of the NFC far too short.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

gently caress me you have far too much optimism.

Live life with a smile and the hopes of a brighter tomorrow, friend :)

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Nobody's gonna mistake Foles for Wentz, but dude's an extremely competent QB and probably capable of running this offense well. The team's chances are definitely lower with Wentz out of the picture, but Foles gives them a better chance than most backup QBs would in this situation.

Edit: Like, he didn't look great coming in cold yesterday, but nobody would—and he made a drat good (and critical) throw for a first down on the last drive.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 11, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If you need a reminder for just how lovely Jeff Fischer is, remember that he managed to make Case Keenum and Jared Goff also look like trash.

At one point he had Keenum, Goff, and Foles on the same team, and it looks like they'll all be starting in the playoffs.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

Nobody's gonna mistake Foles for Wentz, but dude's an extremely competent QB and probably capable of running this offense well. The team's chances are definitely lower with Wentz out of the picture, but Foles gives them a better chance than most backup QBs would in this situation.

Edit: Like, he didn't look great coming in cold yesterday, but nobody would—and he made a drat good (and critical) throw for a first down on the last drive.

If you had told me last year the play of the season would be a 1st down completion from Nick Foles to Nelson Agholor against the LA Rams I would've thought you were loving with me.

I'm glad two previously-maligned Eagles connected to do it :unsmith:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Foles is definitely serviceable as a QB. I dont think he'll emulate 2014 by a long shot but maybe the rest of the team will pump out the extra effort to make him look better.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
IMO, the biggest thing you're going to miss from Carson, even more than the pocket presence and escapability, is the pre-snap reads and audibles.

Foles, I don't think, isn't going to be doing nearly as much changing of the plays at the line, so it's even more on Doug and the play calling to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
If Wentz actually has a torn ACL, the biggest thing you're going to miss is having him as QB next season

• Locked thread