Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

All of the movies they're still going ahead with make sense, but I thought they'd pause a bit with Flashpoint. It feels like it could very much be another Justice League if they get too squirrelly.

Cyborg and Deathstroke almost certainly won't happen, but we'll almost certainly get a Nightwing and a few of the Harley Quinn and Joker movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Burkion posted:

I watched Spider-Man Homecoming.
Tony Stark was the villain and the Vulture did nothing wrong.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

TetsuoTW posted:

Vulture rules and was one of the only memorable things about that movie. Sony should give Keaton a spin-off where he becomes an anti-hero trying to win his family back.

Serf
May 5, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

the fact that they try to get you to think the opposite is pretty hilarious

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Vulture didn't do a drat thing wrong.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Homecoming almost has an Iron Man 2 level of threatening to be interesting before completely copping out by the end.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

He didn't even rat Spiderman out at the end. Literally did nothing wrong.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/940243267182039040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok someone please explain this Keaton thing to me because I don't wanna look it up and have Google think I wanna buy Confederate flags for a while.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TetsuoTW posted:

He didn't even rat Spiderman out at the end. Literally did nothing wrong.

Yup. Give that man a spin-off.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ok someone please explain this Keaton thing to me because I don't wanna look it up and have Google think I wanna buy Confederate flags for a while.

Boy gets bullied, mom makes video of him about it, Chris Evans tweets "yo poo poo sucks wanna come see avengers," internet finds out mom's a racist shitsack and ironically kind of a bully

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TetsuoTW posted:

By the end of the movie the only reason he gives any shits about Peter is because he protected his property, it's amazing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The bamboozle is real.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Detective No. 27 posted:

A kid named Keaton went viral after he was filmed crying and describing how he is bullied. Chris Evans invited Keaton and his mom to the Avengers premiere. Turns out his mom made some racist tweets

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I mean, Vulture is a black-market arms dealer, putting alien technology into the hands of street criminals. That's not a good thing and he should have been stopped.

I'm not saying Iron Man is a great guy or anything.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

LesterGroans posted:

All of the movies they're still going ahead with make sense, but I thought they'd pause a bit with Flashpoint. It feels like it could very much be another Justice League if they get too squirrelly.

Cyborg and Deathstroke almost certainly won't happen, but we'll almost certainly get a Nightwing and a few of the Harley Quinn and Joker movies.

On the other hand, Flashpoint is the perfect chance for them to completely kill Snyder's vision, plus letting Affleck go.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Crows Turn Off posted:

I mean, Vulture is a black-market arms dealer, putting alien technology into the hands of street criminals. That's not a good thing and he should have been stopped.

I'm not saying Iron Man is a great guy or anything.

they don't do a good job of showing that alien technology doing anything bad unless spider-man gets involved

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hail HYDRA

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Penpal posted:

A kid named Keaton went viral after he was filmed crying and describing how he is bullied. Chris Evans invited Keaton and his mom to the Avengers premiere. Turns out his mom made some racist tweets

Solution: Invite the kid and his mom to the show but load the preshow with Confederacy-shaming PSAs.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

please take me instead Mr. Evans, I don't have any racist tweets

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's also a lot more than just Evans, Keaton is blowing up all over online and is getting invites all over the place.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, it's Hollywood seeing a lay-up of PR. Every agent in town is probably calling their talent and going "invite the bullied kid to something or say something to him get to it go go go go"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Burkion posted:

Peter's suit is the loving worst thing in the world.

The weird thing about his suit in Homecoming is just how bad some of the digital stuntwork is. There are digital doubles in the Raimi movies from 10 - 15 years ago that look less ropey than some of Spidey's flippydoo stuff in Homecoming, especially compositing-wise.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

This is literally the "We regret to inform you the duck is racist" meme come to life. I'm laughing my rear end of, oh my god. Poor Chris

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Turns out most kids are bullied for good reason.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well the kid didn't do anything just his dumbass mom. He probably doesn't read her Twitter

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Should bully the mom instead. Better yet, continue to tear down confederate monuments and burn confederate flags. Not the kid's fault he has a garbage parent.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

Peter's suit is the loving worst thing in the world. Karen is just the goddamn most awful and incoherent thing. One moment she's super savy and smart, the next she's super literal and does not get hu-mon thinking and emotions. I am so happy she's just gone from the movie after the two third mark.

Mods????

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Timby posted:

The weird thing about his suit in Homecoming is just how bad some of the digital stuntwork is. There are digital doubles in the Raimi movies from 10 - 15 years ago that look less ropey than some of Spidey's flippydoo stuff in Homecoming, especially compositing-wise.

I think part of it might really be the fact that the suit in Homecoming *ALWAYS* looks fake, because the actual real life suit gets completely covered in CG gloss. There is almost never a moment where the suit looks like it should work, so we give it even less of a benefit of the doubt than we normally would.

The practical suit isn't even that bad looking but they completely smother it with CG smoothening from head to toe.

Also the action direction in the movie was kind of rear end.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hated in Spider-Man homecoming that the 15 year old kid acted like a kid. It really annoyed me. Doesn't he know he's Spider-MAN??? Sheesh!!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, Ruben Fleischer had a brief appearance at Comic Con Experience this weekend and he mentioned that Venom is taking inspiration from the Lethal Protector and Planet of Symbiotes storylines

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Timby posted:

No,just,no you're wrong,very very horribly wrong.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

On the other hand, Flashpoint is the perfect chance for them to completely kill Snyder's vision, plus letting Affleck go.

They can make any kind of movie they want at any time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

I hated in Spider-Man homecoming that the 15 year old kid acted like a kid. It really annoyed me. Doesn't he know he's Spider-MAN??? Sheesh!!

Celtic, have I ever been insulting or hyperbolic towards you?

Have I ever been anything but honest and straight forward?

I do not presume you cannot read, so I'm going to gently remind you- that was not my complaint. You can re-read it again if you'd like and actually use your reading comprehension to figure out the riddle of the puzzle you have some how construed

Or

I'll explain it here and just make it extra, super duper, completely transparent

It is not the issue that he is acting like a kid, that is fine. He's young. The issue is that he's acting like an entitled, over excited, incompetent moron who has no idea of personal responsibility for his actions.

This is not a flaw in and of itself. This is how Peter always acts when he first gets his powers. He becomes a very selfish person, indulges in the worst aspects of his nature.

With this Peter it even makes sense that he'd think about being a super hero instead of benefiting himself DIRECTLY.

He has a very shallow idea of what being super hero means but that's fine. The problem is that he acts like this for the entire movie until the last third.

The moment Peter, in every continuity, loses Uncle Ben is the moment he learns his actions have consequences and he respects his power. He takes responsibility for what he does and who he chooses to be. Notably this Peter isn't that much younger than any other one in the previous movies.

It's just instead of a moment of loss that brings him to this realization and starts making him act like Spider-Man, it's his own life being put in danger and then him remembering Daddy Stark giving him a big emotional speech.

They literally substitute Uncle Ben for Tony Stark and that is the most infuriating thing in the world on a subjective level, and they only have this change kick in, again, at the end of the movie.

Anything else you're confused about Celtic?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why can't I just be salty at a weird comment, yo

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Burkion posted:

Celtic, have I ever been insulting or hyperbolic towards you?

Have I ever been anything but honest and straight forward?

I do not presume you cannot read, so I'm going to gently remind you- that was not my complaint. You can re-read it again if you'd like and actually use your reading comprehension to figure out the riddle of the puzzle you have some how construed

Or

I'll explain it here and just make it extra, super duper, completely transparent

It is not the issue that he is acting like a kid, that is fine. He's young. The issue is that he's acting like an entitled, over excited, incompetent moron who has no idea of personal responsibility for his actions.

ummm sooo.....

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Things don't make sense when you stop reading them half way through. Funny that

CelticPredator posted:

Why can't I just be salty at a weird comment, yo

Get on my level son

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Not my piderman

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Burkion is clearly saying that Uncle Ben's death would fundamentally change Peter Parker and keep him from acting like a "typical" kid. I don't necessarily agree but that's what he's saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The part where Peter awkwardly jumps over the fence across three different shots instead of just one that shows off his sweet Spider-Man skills was weird.

B-

• Locked thread