Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

How do you guys have time to listen to so many football podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I've recently moved to Android, what's a good podcast app on there? I have Beyond Pod and while it's good, my trial has run out and now I can only download one at a time. Not the end of the world, but would like to be able to update them all at once.

I'm looking for one that has Football Weekly, The Game, The Ramble and Mince and a decent selection of non football ones (nothing too obscure here).

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

i listen to them in bed to avoid being intimate with my wife

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
jimbo got in a really pathetic argument about klopp on ttfs and made a right mug of himself. he’s lost the plot

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I have a super sweet office job where as long as I get my work done my boss doesn’t care if I work with one earphone in, so I quite often run out of stuff to listen to.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mickolution posted:

I've recently moved to Android, what's a good podcast app on there? I have Beyond Pod and while it's good, my trial has run out and now I can only download one at a time. Not the end of the world, but would like to be able to update them all at once.

I'm looking for one that has Football Weekly, The Game, The Ramble and Mince and a decent selection of non football ones (nothing too obscure here).

I use aCast and Soundcloud which covers the pods I listen to.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I have a super sweet office job where as long as I get my work done my boss doesn’t care if I work with one earphone in, so I quite often run out of stuff to listen to.

It's not so much the time, it's how long can you bear listening to different journos repeat "yeah for me it wasn't a penalty" in one week.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Monday Bandele posted:

It's not so much the time, it's how long can you bear listening to different journos repeat "yeah for me it wasn't a penalty" in one week.

7 times for me

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Seven is a beautiful name for a boy or a girl.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Most is two podcasts saying the same things for me. I listen to them while running and it’s much better than music

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I still enjoy the Ramble because they're quite funny and it tends to be a bit different. Less "it wasn't a penalty for me Clive" and more references to Alan Pardew and poo poo 90s footballers.

And I can feel smug about getting going for glold before them .

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao at the FWE intro this week.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I think the football cliches bloke was a good guest this week.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

Mickolution posted:

Pocket Casts is pretty great.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Mickolution posted:

Podcast Addict will search both the iTunes podcast library and let you manually add soundcloud links iirc

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

SoylentCola posted:

Pocket Casts is pretty great.

Bogan Krkic posted:

Podcast Addict will search both the iTunes podcast library and let you manually add soundcloud links iirc

Thanks guys. I went with Acast after the earlier recommendation and it seems to have everything I want, but I'll check out those ones too.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
TTFS have now made an Italian spin off.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
The new Peter Beardsley bit in Athletico Mince is beyond wonderful.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The latest FW is absolutely fantastic, it's basically just Max, Barry, Paolo and Lars sitting in the studio getting drunk because they're working on Christmas Eve. Meanwhile Producer Jonathan is apparently pleading with them to stay on topic because he has to edit this poo poo after they've all clocked off :v:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Glad I’m not the only one who noticed that lol

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

webmeister posted:

The latest FW is absolutely fantastic, it's basically just Max, Barry, Paolo and Lars sitting in the studio getting drunk because they're working on Christmas Eve. Meanwhile Producer Jonathan is apparently pleading with them to stay on topic because he has to edit this poo poo after they've all clocked off :v:

Mbison yes.gif

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
And apparently Sid Lowe keeps a bunch of hams in his garage?! I guess it’s probably Iberian jamon which makes a bit more sense, but still

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Got they are all so hosed and it is amazing.

Highlight is when Barry is asked his best FW presenters in a calendar year.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Jamie "Junior" Carragher

https://twitter.com/FootballRamble/status/952484455041642496

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I've backed athletico mince on patreon but can't see a link to their live show. Any hints?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
They should send you an e-mail with the link in it, unless they took it down already?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I think i've backed them for future stuff, and not paid for his video, which is all I want to do.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think it's this post?
https://www.patreon.com/posts/athletico-mince-16002417

Password is whiteharts

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Got it thanks. gently caress, Andy is even worse live.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Unsurprisingly, Mark Clattenburg was shite on The Game.

Anyone listened to Nessun Dorma yet?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/18/nessun-dorma-podcast-1980s-1990s-football

Got through the first 10 minutes or so of the first episode just now, seems interesting.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Didn’t bother listening to all of The Game, tickled me when Marcotti called him out on crowbarring in Newcastle with every answer early doors though.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I had a good lol with the Stan bit in the Ramble Preview show

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao

https://twitter.com/jonawils/status/955796585438474240

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Some top insights this week, can't believe that Jack Wilshire is now the head Peaky Gooner and also we now know why Peter Beardsley did a racism to an academy player.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Andy still sucks rear end
I don’t get how he doesn’t understand why bob is funny as hell

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Andy still sucks rear end
I don’t get how he doesn’t understand why bob is funny as hell

He's not that bad, I mean he is a massive twat which is a good foil because Bob is such a good lad. I just wish he'd stop making his terrible songs.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I remember when I found out Andy made Get in the Sea a meme then tried to monetise it, after I knew who he was on the Mince. Can’t say I’m surprised.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Just popping into say that Phillipe Auclair owns and that FW/E has improved vastly since Jimbo buggered off.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I like jim but I feel like at times the show was more about who could set up a bad witticism or roll their eyes at a tired talking point best when he was the host. It gave the show a weird vibe like they were in some sort of bubble. I'm aware people listen partially for the chat about who had what for breakfast and favorite serie a team songs and what have you but it felt like the old podcast was pretending to be straighforward while indulging in that. That's why I've said before that the european football show is my favorite football podcast. They actually discuss football without seeming like they hate it while being inquisitive and to the point. It's definitely drier than the two clone shows but it's certainly more informative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
jimbo sucks and his french mate is insufferable