Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, it reminds me of the art style of the newer Clone Wars animated series... which I found kind of off-putting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
I just want to comment about how strange and fantastic it is for Vince Staples to get his second big-budget superhero movie trailer soundtrack in as many months.

I want to see more of Spider-Verse but I'm probably down. I saw somewhere it's a Chris Lord script based on a story by Lord, Miller and Alex Hirsch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, so it's gonna be funny as gently caress.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I almost wonder if they're hiding something. Like, say, the movie is all about dimension hopping, and that each universe is animated in it's own style.

Like, imagine they got the clearance to use The Lego Movie world for a brief gag.

Or more importantly, semi-adapting the newspaper strips like so:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

ah Newspaper Spider-Man, whose greatest nemesis is a two-by-four

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CRINDY posted:

I just want to comment about how strange and fantastic it is for Vince Staples to get his second big-budget superhero movie trailer soundtrack in as many months.

I want to see more of Spider-Verse but I'm probably down. I saw somewhere it's a Chris Lord script based on a story by Lord, Miller and Alex Hirsch.

I read that Alex Hirsch is working on the live action pikachu movie? :psyduck:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Macaluso posted:

Detective Pikachu! Voiced by Ryan Reynolds! Starring Justice Smith!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Neo Yokio owns.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Pigbuster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii3n7hYQOl4

Animated Spider-man trailer, looks gorgeous.

as awesome as it is to see Miles Morales get more attention I am going to be very upset if we don't get Spider-Woman (Spider-Gwen) in this. Her costume was made for this kind of animation

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aces High posted:

as awesome as it is to see Miles Morales get more attention I am going to be very upset if we don't get Spider-Woman (Spider-Gwen) in this. Her costume was made for this kind of animation

I'd be amazed if they didn't include Spider-Gwen. But don't forget that this is just a teaser and the film doesn't come out for more than 12 months so I'm sure they're holding back a lot of stuff that they'll gradually tease out in order to maintain interest.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, if they don't include Ghost-Spider/Spider-Gwen in the adaptation of the event that she made her name in...

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

we're talking about Sony here, anything could happen

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh hey it turns out we're already getting Spider-Gwen in a feature-length animated film sometime next year: https://news.marvel.com/tv/81626/marvel-to-launch-new-animation-franchise-marvel-rising/

quote:

“Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors” is a long-anticipated event, bringing together Marvel’s newest and beloved characters that have garnered major fan excitement over the last few years. Powered teens Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Quake, Patriot, America Chavez, and Inferno join forces as an unlikely, but formidable crew of aspiring heroes.

Although there's no word how/where it'll be shown: "Distribution partners for the content to be announced at a later date."

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh hey it turns out we're already getting Spider-Gwen in a feature-length animated film sometime next year: https://news.marvel.com/tv/81626/marvel-to-launch-new-animation-franchise-marvel-rising/

Although there's no word how/where it'll be shown: "Distribution partners for the content to be announced at a later date."

Pro: Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Lockjaw, America Chavez

Con: Ghost Spider? What kind of name is that?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I want a super serious drama about the perils of gambling, underground animal fights and organized crime. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

Pro: Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Lockjaw, America Chavez

Con: Ghost Spider? What kind of name is that?

She's called Spider-Woman in the comics, but that's already a separate hero in the main universe that they have plans for, and Spider-Gwen is a silly name for a superhero to have since it's her actual name, so I guess they're trying to differentiate her in the adaptation space.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Still haven't seen Coco, but I got curious and looked up the songs on youtube
Goddamn the spanish version of Recuérdame is WAY better than the english one and I feel like this is one of those rare Disney movies I should probably watch dubbed

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Charlz Guybon posted:

I want a super serious drama about the perils of gambling, underground animal fights and organized crime. :colbert:

So basically the first 10 minutes of Big Hero 6, but a whole movie instead of a brief tease before it turned into a superhero origin story.

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

What kind of name is that?

As someone who does not read comics, "Ms. Marvel" and "America Chavez" provoke the same kind of reaction. Though I will say the "STSP" sound in her name is pretty ugly.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Still haven't seen Coco, but I got curious and looked up the songs on youtube
Goddamn the spanish version of Recuérdame is WAY better than the english one and I feel like this is one of those rare Disney movies I should probably watch dubbed

All of the music is much better in Spanish, in my opinion.

Edit: That's not to say I think the English versions are bad, mind you.

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 10, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Medenmath posted:

All of the music is much better in Spanish, in my opinion.

Edit: That's not to say I think the English versions are bad, mind you.

Also because it brings up very specific nostalgia feelings of hanging out with my dad and my uncles playing domino while the grill heated up

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

LoseHound posted:

As someone who does not read comics, "Ms. Marvel" and "America Chavez" provoke the same kind of reaction. Though I will say the "STSP" sound in her name is pretty ugly.

Exactly, except live action instead of animated.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

That new Spiderman trailer rocketed that movie to my most anticipated release of 2018. Sony is such a weird company. Sometimes they produce utter crap like the Emoji movie and sometimes they produce incredibly good looking cartoony animation that is totally outside of what you'd get from Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks.

And then mess it up by having it star Adam Sandler.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Adam Sandler is Morlorn

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The Spider-Man trailer looked like it was stop motion. I don't know how to properly describe it, but it felt like there were missing frames or something.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

GrandpaPants posted:

The Spider-Man trailer looked like it was stop motion. I don't know how to properly describe it, but it felt like there were missing frames or something.

That's the idea. And it's nice as hell.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

GrandpaPants posted:

Putting CG on 2's is the best thing that ever happened. It will SAVE THE MEDIUM I TELL YOU :argh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/vulture/status/940702603750625281

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I swear that they already have one???? My kids watch it all the time. Not the movie, a series.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Boss Baby’s not that bad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is it based on the end of the film sequel hook or not????

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

If Dreamworks is making a Boss Baby TV show, they'd better cancel Boss Baby 2. Whenever they make a TV show between sequels (Panda, Dragon, Penguins), the next movie takes a big hit at the box office, which helped create the company's struggling financial situation that caused the Paramount->Fox->Universal jumping around.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean, to be fair though, KFP3 was a lot less good than KFP2, and HTTYD2 is one of my great cinematic disappointments of all time, up there with Boxtrolls.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Speaking of Box Trolls whats Lakia up to now after Kubo?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wildwood?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
They still have something scheduled to come out May 18th, but I wonder to what effect Knight will be involved considering he's helming Bumblebee.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
From what I've heard, Knight's put the production at Laika on hold to do the Bumblebee thing.
And what I've heard is from some very upset people stuck in limbo until then.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If it's in cinemas anywhere nearby everyone should go see In This Corner of the World . It's probably one of the best civilian war time stories I have seen. Very real, funny and sad. Also very cute.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Pick posted:

I mean, to be fair though, KFP3 was a lot less good than KFP2, and HTTYD2 is one of my great cinematic disappointments of all time, up there with Boxtrolls.

The KFP show came out between KFP1 and KFP2, which likely contributed to KFP2 making $50 million less at the domestic box office than KFP1. Luckily it picked up steam overseas but that's largely why Dreamworks kinda put the franchise on the back burner.

Edit: I was completely wrong, disregard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Pick posted:

Boss Baby’s not that bad.

I like the premise that if dogs stayed puppies forever no one would want to have kids anymore.