Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Uh, what? I hope he is okay. Who is his backup? Josh Johnson?

Bengals killer TJ Yates

https://twitter.com/JamesBradySBN/status/939934556743983104

Fun fact: He played one more series after this before finally being pulled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
• Michael Bennet is a piece of poo poo.
• We played terrible special teams, two different plays with 2 penalties on us in one play. Not to mention Corey Grant coughing up the ball on a return again.
• I don't like Dante Fowler, he plays cheap and does dumb poo poo over and over (2 called hands to the face, at least one more I saw that wasn't just in this game)
• More than one blown coverage in the 4th quarter, might have just been prevent defense breakdowns, but still. That's not our MO.
• Bort played well. Any game with no picks is a well played game by him.
• Our rookie WR's have stepped up. Keep in mind JAX has played all year without our #1 WR since the first drive of week 1, and lost our arguably #2 a month or two back.
• I wanted to see the ejected dude who got hit with a beer make it into the stands. Don't throw poo poo at players you loving cowards.
• DUUUUUUUUUUUUUVAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I legitimately hope that we lose to the Jags to keep the Titans out of the playoffs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Here's an article for you Jags fans

https://deadspin.com/the-jaguars-are-a-joy-to-watch-1821169479

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I scrolled past the comments waiting for the punchline. This year is weird.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the tits do not need help loving themselves out of the playoffs PLEASE DO NOT HELP

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Yay jags!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Bengals killer TJ Yates

https://twitter.com/JamesBradySBN/status/939934556743983104

Fun fact: He played one more series after this before finally being pulled

I find myself in the odd position of hoping the league punishes my team because gently caress them for putting him back in

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hell yeah motherfucker. Thanks for sharing Intruder :3:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Kirios posted:

Marcus Mariota sucks.

nah he's still good.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

I find myself in the odd position of hoping the league punishes my team because gently caress them for putting him back in

For real they need to get out in front of this. The concussion protocol has got to be the biggest joke to let him play after that.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Hey if you are a Jags ticket holder, don't throw poo poo at anybody. You POS.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TSBX posted:

It always comes down to bottles being thrown at Jags games

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Intruder posted:

It always comes down to bortles being throwing at Jags games

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TSBX posted:

There’s no excuse for that behavior yeah

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

nah he's still good.

Is he playing scared since his injury return? I could be way off but his decision making and throws seem to have regressed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

tangy yet delightful posted:

Is he playing scared since his injury return? I could be way off but his decision making and throws seem to have regressed.

the chemistry between him and the wrs is off which is why we've seen an up tick in picks where no wr is in the area and the play calling puts him and the offense in general in a lot of bad situations why yes lets do this really cute play when xyz is working and kill the momentum oh and lets call a run every first down

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

the chemistry between him and the wrs is off which is why we've seen an up tick in picks where no wr is in the area and the play calling puts him and the offense in general in a lot of bad situations why yes lets do this really cute play when xyz is working and kill the momentum oh and lets call a run every first down
EXOTIC

SMASHMOUTH

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EROTIC

SMASHMOUTH

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Exotic Smashmouth died after one season. I don't know what the Titans identity on offense is anymore. Except TRASH

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Exotic Smashmouth died after one season. I don't know what the Titans identity on offense is anymore. Except TRASH
See when you say things like this it starts to make me anticipate the week 17 showdown with excitement, but then I think "Well, my luck they will get hot the next two weeks and trounce the Jags week 17, so nah".

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
GET SOMEONE WHO CAN CALL PLAYS IN AN EFFECTIVE MANNER

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

See when you say things like this it starts to make me anticipate the week 17 showdown with excitement, but then I think "Well, my luck they will get hot the next two weeks and trounce the Jags week 17, so nah".

The Jags won't lose again and the Titans will lose to the Rams in two weeks. So the showdown will have no meaning. Titans better watch out or the Chargers are gonna take their WC spot.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Jags won't lose again and the Titans will lose to the Rams in two weeks. So the showdown will have no meaning. Titans better watch out or the Chargers are gonna take their WC spot.
Eh, I'm feeling pretty good about the Texans game next week, but the cross-country trip to SanFran I am less confident about - the 49ers are heating up (they have won two in a row, each on the road) and the Jaguars lost their last game travelling out west. The Titans finish the year with two in a row at home; the Jaguars' trip to Nashville will be their second consecutive road game, so that also has me worried.

It is also possible I am overthinking it a bit.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wow they squeaked by the Bears and then beat the Tom Savage/TJ Yates Texans, they're on fire baby

john donne
Apr 10, 2016

All suitors of all sorts themselves enthral;

So on his back lies this whale wantoning,

And in his gulf-like throat, sucks everything

That passeth near.
I ran the numbers. The Jaguars aren't going to lose to the 49ers. You may rest, easily.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Titans probably will, though. :suicide:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the titans will bumble gently caress their way to a playoff win against the jags

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:cloud:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/940328636397293571

:/

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pretty hosed up. To me, Bennett is the only one who earned a suspension. One game or two, and they give him nothing for that ridiculous, malicious move. He literally tried to roll up an O lineman in victory formation, that was just gross. It's a shame because it was a really fun game with a sour, nasty ending.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Metapod posted:

I really hope it's the chemistry. I thought he'd have gotten that back by now but what do I know.

The playcalling is ridiculous though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Pretty hosed up. To me, Bennett is the only one who earned a suspension. One game or two, and they give him nothing for that ridiculous, malicious move. He literally tried to roll up an O lineman in victory formation, that was just gross. It's a shame because it was a really fun game with a sour, nasty ending.
This sums up my thoughts really well. It was really unnecessary and incredibly disrespectful. Jaguars fans are being universally criticized for throwing poo poo at whomever that second dumbass was that got ejected, but if I were a fan in the stands that saw the visiting team play that dirty during the victory formation I would consider throwing poo poo at an ejected dirty player, too.

I am really disappointed that the media attention is on the two Jaguars fans who threw things at ejected players who were ejected for playing dirty and throwing punches rather than said players were played dirty and threw punches. Not surprised, because gently caress the media, but disappointed.

edit: just think about what would happen if, say, some mediocre team did that to the Patriots. Suspensions would rain down from the heavens for even daring to touch a Patriots OLineman inappropriately.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 12, 2017

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

GET SOMEONE WHO CAN CALL PLAYS IN AN EFFECTIVE MANNER

RUN HENRY MORE

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

who were ejected for playing dirty and throwing punches .

Is there a gif of this?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Seahawks are some baby back bitches

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Suspect Bucket posted:

Is there a gif of this?
I dont have one but that is the verbiage the ref used when indicating that they were ejected. I'm just still cant believe Bennett went after Linder's knees after he said the following last year:

Michael Bennett in 2016 posted:

“To me it’s a scary, (expletive) move. Honestly, I think if you dive at someone else’s legs, you’re a little (expletive). If you are big in the NFL, you just line up and play — why you got to cut someone on the (expletive) play? I mean, I don’t know. That (expletive) is just stupid to me. Why cut somebody when you can just line up and win? I don’t know. I don’t come off the ball jumping at offensive linemen’s legs. … I think it’s just a [expletive] move, personally.”

and he did it during victory formation when it was assured that his team lost :cripes: That just speaks volumes about his lack of maturity and respect. And Carroll came out saying "He was just going for the ball, trying to make a play".

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Don't be that person.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You can't excuse the Bennett play that was bitch made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
It was bitch made, but the Jags got the win, no one got hurt from it (that I know of) and now Seattle potentially could miss the playoffs. Karma, bitches.

• Locked thread