Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

drat. That's almost 8-9 times faster than me, and I'm pretty happy now compared to my last place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I love that it's still 2.5 stars. gently caress AT&T with razorwire wrapped sand wedges.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Well, that's because AT&T's non-fiber optic internet is garbage. Getting it installed was horrendous due to their completely awful sales/technical support. The internet itself is fantastic so far.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 12, 2017

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm hitting like 50 MBPS download and like 10 upload...

I am pretty certain my rear end is getting throttled.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I don't even have the internet and the entirety of this is actually just insane poo poo im typing into a notepad file

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

at the date posted:

I don't know if you've been following the last two years of American political discourse, but I think, in context, my take on comic books and their media derivatives are pretty lukewarm.

If we're including politics, yeah sure.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ATT keeps boasting fiber around here but if the wiring to your house is old and poo poo does it really matter what comes before that

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

3 other people are using my connection right now so it's not really a clean test.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ATT keeps boasting fiber around here but if the wiring to your house is old and poo poo does it really matter what comes before that

It's fiber to the house. Your inside wires are up to you. It would be worth running cable in your house if your poo poo is old.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile Seattle speeds stay slow outside of some new construction because the city keeps giving Comcast a monopoly on the city-installed cable

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I live in a 1920s apartment building and the fiber terminates to GigE in my unit about 5 feet from my router.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nice internet speeds.

quote:

A moon-faced, eternally smiling youth, whose apple-red cheeks never lost their glow and whose smile looked so much out of place here in Camp Leon Trotsky that everyone wanted to kill him until they remembered that he was mad. He had to be mad because he was always eager to help his buddies and had volunteered as permanent latrine orderly. Not only that, but he liked to polish boots and had offered to do those of one after another of his buddies until now he did the boots for every man in the squad every night.

Whenever they were in the barracks Eager Beager could be found crouched at the end of the thrones that were his personal domain, surrounded by the heaps of shoes and polishing industriously, his face wreathed in smiles. He would still be there after lights-out, working by the light of a burning wick stuck in a can of polish, and was usually up before the others in the morning, finishing his voluntary job and still smiling. Sometimes, when the boots were very dirty, he worked right through the night.

The kid was obviously insane, but no one turned him in because he did such a good job on the boots, and they all prayed that he wouldn’t die of exhaustion until recruit training was finished.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm back on a dumb 16Mbit line in my lovely temporary apartment, but I'm only gonna grab a 60 or possibly 100Mbit line when I move next March.

But god-loving-DAYUM, that ping.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Still on that dial up here in Idaho

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

I think I have spotted the problem.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
dont worry the free market will get you good internet

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Took me 30 minutes to load this up to respond to flikken and I forgot what we were talking about

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

mods change my name posted:

Took me 30 minutes to load this up to respond to flikken and I forgot what we were talking about

congrats its now 2018 and Trump has been proclaimed Emperor

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Hold on my mom needs to make a phone call

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

allow me to play you the song of my childhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1UY7eDRXrs

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

mods change my name posted:

Hold on my mom needs to make a phone call

I feel your pai+++NO CARRIER

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

TRIGGERED

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFDj1MJx_A

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anybody want an av of Cyborg Marine in the bottom right? Gunny?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The company’s Morgan Stanley rep came in today to go over our 401k. He immediately was bombarded with questions from one dipshit about bitcoins and how it’s not “traditional investing”.

God.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hope you mocked him relentlessly

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My 401k finally broke 6 figures :toot:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cash out; put it into bitcoins

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
A friend wanted me to """invest""" in a mining server. He didn't know what the components are, or how to run one, but he wanted to build one.

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
Why don’t you just buy stock in energy companies? Seize the means of production!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i only invest in bitcoins harvested via green energy

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

oh my god there is a market for a company that sets up a solar farm for the sole purpose of mining bitcoins

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Bitcoins are the Pogs of the 90's.

I wish I still had my Pogs :(

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

oh my god there is a market for a company that sets up a solar farm for the sole purpose of mining bitcoins

These are the people making millions off of bitcoins.

edit: Steam recently stopped accepting bc as a form of payment. :laugh:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

This guy in the MBA program with me came up to me really excited and said he’s been investing in bitcoin over the last few days. Keep in mind we’re nearing the end of a finance class right now. I asked him if it was hard to get the money back and he said he wasn’t sure how to get the money back-just how to put it in.

We have an investments class together next semester.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

nwiniwn posted:

he said he wasn’t sure how to get the money back-just how to put it in.

loving lmao this guy is brilliant

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

nwiniwn posted:

This guy in the MBA program with me came up to me really excited and said he’s been investing in bitcoin over the last few days. Keep in mind we’re nearing the end of a finance class right now. I asked him if it was hard to get the money back and he said he wasn’t sure how to get the money back-just how to put it in.

We have an investments class together next semester.

Keep us updated whenever he asks questions about bitcoins in class and tried to justify his "investments"

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Keep us updated whenever he asks questions about bitcoins in class and tried to justify his "investments"

Part of me really hopes this bitcoin train keeps moving through winter break so he can bring it up.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

MOM WHY DID YOU PICK UP THE PHONE I WAS TOTALLY CHATTING UP SOME BABES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
*spends 20 minutes crafting the perfect away message*

*has been online for 17 days, 4 hours and 12 minutes*

*makes fun of people who have only been on for three days lmao losers*

• Locked thread