Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Pretty sure Zangief bear hugged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

We Know Catheters posted:

Pretty sure Zangief bear hugged

Why not both? (Zangief did both. Zangief has a LOT of normal throws in SF2)

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQkV1gFPLB8

Zangief only had the Bear Hug in the EX games.
He had the bite since HF

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Remember that scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie was losing his mind deciding that secret message and then it turned out to be an ovaltine ad? Remember how he felt?

That was me banging my head against Chun Li’s Volume 2 challenge 8.

I spent a good 25 minutes trying to do it. Finally did. 3,000 FM. Three thousand. Son of a b.

Are the rest of the trials this hard? I might want to pick a second character up once Sakura comes out broken. Only played Chun so far this game but I’d like to have some options. I’m at 130k FM, but if it’s going to be insane to get another 70k I’ll just buy some.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

zelah posted:

Remember that scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie was losing his mind deciding that secret message and then it turned out to be an ovaltine ad? Remember how he felt?

That was me banging my head against Chun Li’s Volume 2 challenge 8.

I spent a good 25 minutes trying to do it. Finally did. 3,000 FM. Three thousand. Son of a b.

Are the rest of the trials this hard? I might want to pick a second character up once Sakura comes out broken. Only played Chun so far this game but I’d like to have some options. I’m at 130k FM, but if it’s going to be insane to get another 70k I’ll just buy some.

Never try the KoF13 trials :v:

There's a couple more that have a trick to them like Karin's 6th trial iirc, but most are trivial. Mashing through all the demonstrations gets you a good wad of fight bucks for the least effort possible.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

drat, Pocket Fighter had some great sprites...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I miss all of those throws. Guile had a bunch, too.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

I miss all of those throws. Guile had a bunch, too.

Not really, two regular and two air throws just like every other post ST version. Geif was unique in that he had like 9 or so normal throws. He actually got some of them back in his Alpha 3 X-ISM version.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

MrJacobs posted:

Not really, two regular and two air throws just like every other post ST version. Geif was unique in that he had like 9 or so normal throws. He actually got some of them back in his Alpha 3 X-ISM version.

I forgot that he didn't have any throws on the ground tied to kick buttons.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

What you don't see is Sakura getting by on YouTube and Patreon with her "how-to-Ryu" tutorial videos

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/12/14/sfv-arcade-edition-extra-battle-mode-details-and-changes-in-earning-fight-money

What's that Capcom, you're making changes to the fight money system?

Capcom posted:

Beginning January 16, modes that offered one-time finite batches of Fight Money will no longer do so. This includes Character Stories, the General Story (A Shadow Falls), Trials, Survival, and Demonstrations – if you haven’t completed these modes yet, there’s still a few weeks left to do so before the changes occur in January!

Hahah, no more fight money for completing anything outside of weekly challenges, leveling up your characters, or completing the "Extra Battle" mode challenges that reward it. Oh and the extra battle mode? Costs 2500 fight money per attempt.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So if I have the vanilla game but have never bought any characters, will I get any of the season 1 or 2 characters for free since I paid $60 for the game on launch? Or do I have to pay still if I want to get any?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stefan Prodan posted:

So if I have the vanilla game but have never bought any characters, will I get any of the season 1 or 2 characters for free since I paid $60 for the game on launch? Or do I have to pay still if I want to get any?

lol

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

Search your heart for the answer~~

Really I don't think they've said, but I'm going to guess you're not going to get any of the characters in the update. You'd think they'd be yelling about that from the rooftops if it would be anything else.

It would be nice if they at least offered a discounted upgrade package, kind of like the Rev->Rev2 thing.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

hiddenriverninja posted:

What you don't see is Sakura getting by on YouTube and Patreon with her "how-to-Ryu" tutorial videos

I would one hundred percent like, fave, and subscribe to the girl who taught me how to throw fire from my hands, regardless of the range or intensity of that fire.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elvis_Maximus posted:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/12/14/sfv-arcade-edition-extra-battle-mode-details-and-changes-in-earning-fight-money

Hahah, no more fight money for completing anything outside of weekly challenges, leveling up your characters, or completing the "Extra Battle" mode challenges that reward it. Oh and the extra battle mode? Costs 2500 fight money per attempt.

Awesome. That's nearly criminal lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My fight money!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Stefan Prodan posted:

No, lmao. You already get AE for free.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
oh boy I get the mode that the game should have shipped with that should have taken a week to add to the game tops FOR FREE??

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Stefan Prodan posted:

oh boy I get the mode that the game should have shipped with that should have taken a week to add to the game tops FOR FREE??

Until it's like a 70 gig download that shoves you over your data cap and it actually costs you.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Saint Freak posted:

Until it's like a 70 gig download that shoves you over your data cap and it actually costs you.

Data cap? 😆

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wow. Good thing I've been grinding out these trials trying to get some fight money, that's some bullshit lol

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I thought Sakura's rework was her being a flight attendant because the trailer has her flying everywhere. Her being a screamlord is weird to me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

What's a screamlord?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
they scream in the arcades as their job, a hypeman

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

teagone posted:

What's a screamlord?

https://twitter.com/DAIROCKETTO/status/940428346701135872

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I think there's some context missing here that's on the Japanese page.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/132134

Basically for a good chunk of the FM earned now it's either already completely earned by some players or wasn't going to be earned anyway through things that were too hard. So they're *saying* they're going to make FM earned through the weekly challenges. Will have to see if that winds up true, though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zand posted:

they scream in the arcades as their job, a hypeman

This is amazing.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Lol I guess this is their way of providing a bonus for “early adopters” but this is the most backwards and Capcom way of going about it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

teagone posted:

screamlord

best new word

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Guess I better get a move on and grind some fight money. Not really happy about it. I mean, if I trusted Capcom to truly compensate in the form of weeklies then it could even be an improvement over the current grind it out method, but I don't.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wow this guy's cleaning out the UFO catcher everybody get over here and check this out

Woden
May 6, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

Hey, Ken was different from Ryu in SF2

There was a bug where in edge cases he (Ken) did more damage!

His back throw threw them further too, he was straight up better than Ryu.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns1SGo3WCF4

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Stefan Prodan posted:

No, you still paid $60 or whatever you paid for it when you purchased the game. It would be free if the game was free to play. It's kind of free to play, except for the free part, so its just 'to play' but also it's not really playable because of bad netcode so its just 'to.'

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I paid $15 for it and I feel like I paid way too much for this game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

No, you still paid $60 or whatever you paid for it when you purchased the game. It would be free if the game was free to play. It's kind of free to play, except for the free part, so its just 'to play' but also it's not really playable because of bad netcode so its just 'to.'

Well look forward to tomorrow’s update, which adds two more chun costumes for purchase

That’s it

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/dec/18/more-chun-li-costumes-one-way-wedding-and-covert-operations-outfits-coming-december-19th/

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/942997914476986368
:allears:

[edit]
https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/942998485317517312
https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/942999297540333568

teagone fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 19, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I like to pick Ryu and do like 2 hits into a fireball for a similar amount of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Wait do you have to pick one and only one character to play as in online games? Like... you can't just pick a character when the match starts?

What the hell is this game