Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

letthereberock posted:

If Jones ends up pulling this out tonight the funny thing is the lesson the RWM will take from it and present to its viewers is “we lost because our guy got smeared by a bunch of false accusations!” , and not “hey maybe don’t nominate lawless whack jobs”.

sure. the propaganda arm will say whatever. my guess is if jones wins, the GOP is gonna start panicking and realize they cant back insane nuts anymore. they wont do anything about it, but the seed would be planted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Aidan_702 posted:

As an non-America I read it as ‘30% of black voters turned out’ rather than ‘30% of voters were black’.

Does it make me silly to think both were supposed to be impressive?

exit polls are absolutely incapable of making the former statement

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Regardless of what happens in Alabama tonight, one thing's for certain: there are gonna be a lot of hella awkward "bearing false witness" conversations in the afterlife among those who contorted themselves into defending a child molester.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)
When Doug Jones wins by 1 vote, you guys can thank me.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i refuse to let myself hope lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zophar posted:

Regardless of what happens in Alabama tonight, one thing's for certain: there are gonna be a lot of hella awkward "bearing false witness" conversations in the afterlife among those who contorted themselves into defending a child molester.

I don't think that's what bearing false witness means.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Bearing false witnesses is more like what Shucks did earlier today.

pkay posted:

Thanks Nick.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

The words "Alabama live blog" somehow being borderline exciting is so loving 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Independents are down a lot from the models too

But that sounds, dare I say, good?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Its probably needed, but Nate Silver opened up 538's coverage with a bucket of cold water, basically going "hey guys, yeah Jones has a chance, but its still Alabama."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

pkay posted:

Thanks Roy.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bullfrog posted:

i refuse to let myself hope lol

This is probably best.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/940709576869064705

Maybe I missed this getting posted in election day madness but lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Wait sorry I thought you said 'point' not vote.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Aidan_702 posted:

As an non-America I read it as ‘30% of black voters turned out’ rather than ‘30% of voters were black’.

Does it make me silly to think both were supposed to be impressive?

About 13% of America is black and about 70% is white. Those populations aren’t evenly distributed (more Americans in the south are black than in other places) but it’s a statistical reality that people outside of America don’t always hear about when they learn about our horrible racism.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ekeog posted:

"for the week"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

BonoMan posted:

Ha well that's what I'm saying. They say they're "I" in the exit poll, but in reality voted Republican.

Anyway yeah it's just baseless speculation.

Quorum posted:

Following on from this, the Fox poll that had Jones up a crazy ten percent had the following party affiliations after the LV screen:

D: 34 (plus 8 leaners = 42)
R: 35 (plus 9 leaners = 44)
I: 14

So Democrats are between their solid and with-leaners numbers from Fox, while Republicans would gain all their leaners, but we're also seeing much higher Independent turnout than the Fox poll projected. In that poll, Jones won 48% with Independents, Moore won 20%.

:siren:early exits are still garbage though:siren:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I hope jones wins so we can all do that thing where we describe our penises to talk about how excited we are.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

letthereberock posted:

If Jones ends up pulling this out tonight the funny thing is the lesson the RWM will take from it and present to its viewers is “we lost because our guy got smeared by a bunch of false accusations!” , and not “hey maybe don’t nominate lawless whack jobs”.

nah

the racist rwm will take the former, the business rwm (wsj, some fox shows) will take it as the latter but more "nominate subtle lawless whack jobs not the openly nutty kind"

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I don't think that's what bearing false witness means.

I think my feelings are based mostly in the fact that many of the people trying to defuse the allegations against Moore are doing so by calling the women accusing him liars.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Brand_Allen/status/940719368882794501

Interesting compared to the previous poll on abortion

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Should Jones win the RWM already have their talking point - the Republican-signed initiative that allowed people with felonies to become eligible to vote again.

Guess which felons they'll focus on.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I hope jones wins so we can all do that thing where we describe our penises to talk about how excited we are.

:yeah:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

This seems like something we quote after Roy Moore wins to show how irrational Republican voters are

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

ekeog posted:

Has Ty Cobb been right about anything related to the Russia investigation?

I feel like I remember him making a least 2 other, similar statements that were completely wrong.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Your Taint posted:

Forrest Gump should have ran for the seat. He seemed like a good guy.

Sometimes saying nothing is the best course of action. If you did that, this thread would be much better and easier to read because there's not some mad YT mashing the "POAST" button incessantly.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sure. the propaganda arm will say whatever. my guess is if jones wins, the GOP is gonna start panicking and realize they cant back insane nuts anymore. they wont do anything about it, but the seed would be planted.

Suuuuure. Just like after 2012 how the GOP went "y'know, maybe we shouldn't be so goddamn racist."

For about 30 seconds, and here we are today, with literal Nazis running around.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

Thats a pretty strong sign that this pedophile poo poo mattered a lot.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

RasperFat posted:

I feel like I remember him making a least 2 other, similar statements that were completely wrong.

no, and people can't decide if he's stunningly incompetent, lying to trump to avoid trump firing mueller, or both

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

RasperFat posted:

it's hilarious to think that they somehow imagine this is a strategic advantage, like Mueller's people wouldn't be thrilled to haul everyone they wanted in front of a grand jury if they had to

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

highme posted:

Sometimes saying nothing is the best course of action. If you did that, this thread would be much better and easier to read because there's not some mad YT mashing the "POAST" button incessantly.

But Forrest Gump had one black friend.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

ekeog posted:

I know that's not the case, and there is an obvious "for now" implied here, but in my head cannon they are desperate to the point of trying to use Jedi mind tricks to just try and will the investigation away.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Zophar posted:

I think my feelings are based mostly in the fact that many of the people trying to defuse the allegations against Moore are doing so by calling the women accusing him liars.

That's not bearing false witness, because they could very well believe it. It has more along the lines of the Doubting Thomas, although it could be the Denials of Peter.

But it's not bearing false witness.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ekeog posted:

Credits will do fine.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

evilweasel posted:

no, and people can't decide if he's stunningly incompetent, lying to trump to avoid trump firing mueller, or both

One follows the other usually.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm gonna' be at a burlesque show with a bunch of friends later, enjoying a cocktail, and unable to focus on the dancing and booze, just wondering what the gently caress is happening in this election, I just know it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

evilweasel posted:

Pretty sure I read in WaPo or elsewhere that Cobb is a longtime registered democrat. For all we know he's our fifth column.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/940716675485388802

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

LividLiquid posted:

I'm gonna' be at a burlesque show with a bunch of friends later, enjoying a cocktail, and unable to focus on the dancing and booze, just wondering what the gently caress is happening in this election, I just know it.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

highme posted:

Or if you don't want to see my posts you can ignore me. Just a thought.

• Locked thread