Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

What does the trunk in the elephant do? I keep raising and lowering it, but can't see a notable difference like when I was moving parts of the camel (which I did first without the boss because I cannot stop exploring). Don't want to look up a full guide though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

RatHat posted:

Well after like 120 hours I beat the final boss. I liked Calamity Ganon but Dark Beast Ganon was hilariously bad. He barely moves!

By the way what unlocks when you beat the final boss? Only 2 things I know of are buying boss pictures and the mini-boss counter from Kilton.

The fight itself was really easy but I actually loved it as a kind of denouement/victory lap. The fact that it takes place out in the field, with the BOTW theme swelling, wind swirling, and that it involved my horse, all gave it this great finale vibe. I didn't see any of those elements coming (and I probably should have), especially the horse, because I was sentimental about always taking first horse i caught everywhere even though he wasn't really great stats-wise, so having him be a critical part of the ending was a really nice and unexpected touch.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 12, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

What does the trunk in the elephant do? I keep raising and lowering it, but can't see a notable difference like when I was moving parts of the camel (which I did first without the boss because I cannot stop exploring). Don't want to look up a full guide though.

You might not be raising it far enough.

For full info
the trunk is spouting water which can be used to rotate the large gears inside the body

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Tender Bender posted:

The fight itself was really easy but I actually loved it as a kind of denouement/victory lap. The fact that it takes place out in the field, with the BOTW theme swelling, wind swirling, and that it involved my horse, all gave it this great finale vibe. I didn't see any of those elements coming (and I probably should have), especially the horse, because I was sentimental about always taking first horse i caught everywhere even though he wasn't really great stats-wise, so having him be a critical part of the ending was a really nice and unexpected touch.

The way the main theme swells and becomes super chaotic and climatic when the final target appears on Ganon's head and Zelda's speech about how it doesn't matter Link still hasn't recovered all his memories, because courage is never forgotten hit me in that perfect chef fingers way

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 12, 2017

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

A Spider Covets posted:

Raise it up as high as it'll go and then look up.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Farts. Which reminds me. Link should now have a motorcycle in Smash.

(I would have serious answered but someone already did)

Link steals warios gimmick.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Finally got the DLC. I'm enjoying it. The Master Sword Trials are great if only because they're really teaching me to be inventive with my items and bombs. It's a bit time-consuming but it was super fun to beat the first trials with nothing but a bunch of bombs and a korok leaf and some good aim. Those suckers fly FAR.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I'm at the final boss of the DLC on Master Mode and it feels completely hopeless. Even with strength potions once he splits into shadow clones I can't keep up damage frequent enough before he starts healing back to where he was at the start of the phase.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Fawf posted:

I'm at the final boss of the DLC on Master Mode and it feels completely hopeless. Even with strength potions once he splits into shadow clones I can't keep up damage frequent enough before he starts healing back to where he was at the start of the phase.

Try a tri-shot bow with bomb arrows? You might be able to delete a lot of the clones quickly that way. Though I've never played Master Mode, so it might be terrible advice.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
imo a better Dark Beast Ganon would have involved climbing it in some way. I know it would have led to a billion SotC comparisons but given how important the climbing mechanic felt to the game it would just have made so much sense, plus been way cooler and more interactive than the battle we get.

Also the final blow should so obviously have been dealt by the Master Sword, how did that not happen

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Being able to climb on more big monsters overall would have been cool, imagine being able to swarm all over a hinox Dragon's Dogma style so you can hit it directly in the face.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

imo a better Dark Beast Ganon would have involved climbing it in some way. I know it would have led to a billion SotC comparisons but given how important the climbing mechanic felt to the game it would just have made so much sense, plus been way cooler and more interactive than the battle we get.

Also the final blow should so obviously have been dealt by the Master Sword, how did that not happen

The master sword is optional so needing it would've gone against the entire ethos of do whatever whenever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ah good point, I totally forgot it was optional.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I've put 120 hours into this game and only just discovered the Goron Golf minigame

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Calaveron posted:

The master sword is optional so needing it would've gone against the entire ethos of do whatever whenever

Doing a plunging attack to stab the master sword into ganon's head should've been a trigger for a true ending.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

For full info
the trunk is spouting water which can be used to rotate the large gears inside the body

Sade posted:

Raise it up as high as it'll go and then look up.

Hah! Thanks guys. I was just raising it a pip or two at a time and was very confused. :shobon:

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 12, 2017

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Alxprit posted:

Try a tri-shot bow with bomb arrows? You might be able to delete a lot of the clones quickly that way. Though I've never played Master Mode, so it might be terrible advice.

Unless I've just had bad luck every time the fight is in the rain and bomb arrows aren't an option. I want the cycle but this fight feels extremely poorly balanced for Master Mode and isn't challenging in a fun way at all.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The secret to that fight is to use a boomerang.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Do Whatever Whenever However

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

GobiasIndustries posted:

For full info

Yeah I completely missed this. I look up a lot of poo poo for this game. Am I just dumb, old, or both 🤔

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's not handholdy at all. Like, not even in comparison to other Zeldas, but a lot of games in general

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

The gently caress are you talking about

The story is bad and the boss fight goes from challenging aborted spider Dark Souls creation to the showdown with the series iconic enemy... giant goopy pink pig Ganon. It's not even that he looks kinda dumb but it's probably the easiest boss in the whole series and there's hardly any player involvement. I did like it was a Ganon fight and that it took place in the fields but the only reason it took place out there was because he was just large. Rather than make him run from place to place across the world and make the player hunt him down as the ultimate boss/hunt, he stands around in a circle and doesn't pose a threat to you.

Gruckles posted:

Doing a plunging attack to stab the master sword into ganon's head should've been a trigger for a true ending.

This would have been cool.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Interestingly, the lack of the Master Sword in the final showdown versus Ganon is holding true to the central conceit of the game: you are free to do anything in this game, up to and including defeating the final boss without additional aid. The game gives you all the tools you need to win the final battle immediately after the Plateau. As such, the Master Sword (being a "late game" quest), is not required to defeat Ganon and they couldn't plan the game around you having it. I still think that a nod to the Master Sword (if you did have it) would have been better than what we got but I agree that the player shouldn't need it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Gruckles posted:

:yeah:

It would've been cool if the ending changed more based on what you had accomplished.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Ventana posted:

I just did that part of the DLC, and I'm pretty sure this isn't true? What you may be seeing is that certain locations can save so you can take out a couple and go around a different area and those first few monsters will stay dead. But when I didn't do that, I died several times going in hard, and it reloaded me outside the area and all the monsters I killed came back.

Hmm. That might have been it. I was also deliberately saving all the time. I wish I could replay the One-Hit-Obliterator sequence without replaying the entire game to recheck.

Oh well, at least I wound up with four more orbs from the Champion's Ballad, which allowed me to use the Lurelin Village Goddess Statue (That I'd never noticed until after I'd redeemed all the base-game orbs) to get a 28th heart.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

acksplode posted:

:yeah:

It would've been cool if the ending changed more based on what you had accomplished.

Or if the Divine beasts did more than just reduce Ganon's health. Like maybe without any Divine beasts he would just be rapidfiring abilities he got from the Blights, and each Divine Beast would disable their corresponding Blight's abilities. But no, it's literally just health.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

RatHat posted:

Or if the Divine beasts did more than just reduce Ganon's health. Like maybe without any Divine beasts he would just be rapidfiring abilities he got from the Blights, and each Divine Beast would disable their corresponding Blight's abilities. But no, it's literally just health.

If you didn't defeat one of the Blights in its Divine Beast, you have to fight it in the castle. That's what that part of his health bar represents.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bongo Bill posted:

If you didn't defeat one of the Blights in its Divine Beast, you have to fight it in the castle. That's what that part of his health bar represents.

Wait really? Okay that's a bit better.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

RatHat posted:

Wait really? Okay that's a bit better.

It's nice, but the problem is that you have no idea that's happening if you do like a legendary hero ought to and finish all the Divine Beasts before you confront Ganon. I agree with you, finishing Divine Beasts should have had a more meaningful effect than more laser and less boss lifebar.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

acksplode posted:

It's nice, but the problem is that you have no idea that's happening if you do like a legendary hero ought to and finish all the Divine Beasts before you confront Ganon. I agree with you, finishing Divine Beasts should have had a more meaningful effect than more laser and less boss lifebar.

Everybody loves you and you feel like a badass seeing the beasts shooting their magitek lasers

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I would have liked it if the giant Ganon beast chased you all across Hyrule so you could get a sort of farewell tour of the game. Or even just have it fly and soar all over Hyrule while Link climbs across it.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I almost wonder if the plan was to have you Shadow of Colossus Beast Ganon (which would've fit really neatly with the game's mechanics) but had to cut it because they needed to get it out the door or because of unforseen technical limitations with climbing dynamic entities or something. All the elements are there to do it like several SOTC bosses: a horse, a bow, and a giant thing you could climb and stab in weak spots.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can anyone help solve the Toto Sah shrine final puzzle? The motion controls are killing my wrists. I know you need to turn the treasure chest towards you but how?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Linear Zoetrope posted:

I almost wonder if the plan was to have you Shadow of Colossus Beast Ganon (which would've fit really neatly with the game's mechanics) but had to cut it because they needed to get it out the door or because of unforseen technical limitations with climbing dynamic entities or something. All the elements are there to do it like several SOTC bosses: a horse, a bow, and a giant thing you could climb and stab in weak spots.

Now that you mention it you don't climb any of the moving Divine Beasts either...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

RatHat posted:

Now that you mention it you don't climb any of the moving Divine Beasts either...

Man, I remember being 100% convinced we were gonna do this to enter each one.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gat drat this motorcycle is stupid and fun.

Also lol at it showing up with the divine beasts in the load screen.

I have to say that the Champion's Ballad end boss was super dope and totally unexpected to me. I wish you could actually look at the Champion's photo with your Sheika slate. I thought seeing Hyrule castle in it's heyday was a lot of fun as well. And man the presentation of the bike was awesome haha! Fun stuff! Now to get all those other outfits.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Fawf posted:

Urbosa's Fury the adds, Stasis+ the one dude left over, knock his poo poo into the next phase.

The boss on master mode was cool and new but if you use everything you have available at point it's the same as the rest of the bosses in terms of "you don't even really need to know the actual mechanics of the fight".

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I wish you could actually look at the Champion's photo with your Sheika slate.

Go to your house.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gruckles posted:

Go to your house.

AAAAH! Thank you!

Also: "Sup, gurl"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Holy poo poo. I finally got this, and I love it, but its actually kicking my rear end fairly consistently? I mean I've only got like 6 hearts so far and am on the first megazord or w/e but still :wtf:!!!

It's embarrasing to have your rear end handed to you repeatedly by a zelda game. You'd think it was my first fukkin rodeo.

Bonus points when its not even some scary centaur thing but instead just a vanilla loving moblin or something with a slightly leet weapon!

EDIT: Good to see the great fairies are once again horrifying. :waycool: