Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Ultimate Edition (Base Game plus all the DLC) is also on sale this week on the PSN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hit the 300+ hour mark today. This is easily my favorite video game of 2017.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My only problem with this game is that D.C. Characters bore the hell out of me. It's my favorite fighting game since MKX, but I instantly get done with this poo poo the second someone like blue beetle comes out.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My only problem with this game is that D.C. Characters bore the hell out of me. It's my favorite fighting game since MKX, but I instantly get done with this poo poo the second someone like blue beetle comes out.

That's my problem with the DC stuff in general, the characters have such potential but they're "blah" in execution. Granted, it seems like DC has been trying to embrace a grittier feel, and I really do like the game but I can't help but wish this was the new Marvel game.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Blue Beetle owns and I will not hear a word otherwise

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

hup posted:

Blue Beetle owns and I will not hear a word otherwise

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

PureRok posted:

But no Batgirl, so, you know, there's that.

Yeah but there are a lot more interesting characters so the loss is absolutely minimal.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

MrJacobs posted:

Yeah but there are a lot more interesting characters so the loss is absolutely minimal.

Post Killing Joke Barbara in a wheelchair would be amazing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hexenritter posted:

She basically plays like Bowser Jr. in Smash 4.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Hexenritter posted:

Eh, it's been done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47eQB9zchk

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Man, the god shaders are so pretty. Sucks they are locked behind a paywall.

EDIT:

Meet Jonathan Crane

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 10, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O9QaPQk9_0

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Atom dialogue is good

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Atom is up for download in NA

:neckbeard:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing Atom right now. He is awesome. :neckbeard:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Atom is cool and this is the coolest thing I've ever done and should stop playing the game.

https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/940681121918083072

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Atom is a loving blast. I need to get better with his traps, but they don't involve shrinking so who cares

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, how many source crystals can you get in the game? Like 10k?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

It slows down after like level sixty or so. If you're jonesing for premiere skins, you can grab most for free and the rest for like five bucks worth of crystals.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hup posted:

It slows down after like level sixty or so. If you're jonesing for premiere skins, you can grab most for free and the rest for like five bucks worth of crystals.

Yeah, I was tempted to just buy all the shaders for RH because it sucks those are dropped at random.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Atom is cool and this is the coolest thing I've ever done and should stop playing the game.

https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/940681121918083072

I've had so many loving awesome combos like this, Atom is probably one of the most fun characters in the whole roster. He loving owns, might be the best DLC character they've done so far.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

He's so much fun. The first time I pulled a combo like that I literally hooted. I don't think he'll ever get old.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Choi's our boy?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ray palmer is ded

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

He's just lost in the microverse!!! He shrank himself subatomic in grief because it turns out his ex-wife was a lunatic murderer (thanks brad meltzer)

I dunno his current status since there's been a reboot/sort of undoing of that reboot since; anyway, Ryan owns and adds some diversity to the roster.

This beat down's a Ryan Choi production.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I hate that this game references Countdown multiple times, because it is arguably the worst DC publication ever

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hup posted:

I hate that this game references Countdown multiple times, because it is arguably the worst DC publication ever

what references are there? my mind thankfully remembers next to nothing about countdown

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Space Fish posted:

Choi's our boy?

Ray's my bae

DLC Brandon Routh skin when

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 13, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Brother Entropy posted:

what references are there? my mind thankfully remembers next to nothing about countdown

Off the top of my mind, Power Girl asks Red Hood if he knows a Monitor named Bob

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Off the top of my mind, Power Girl asks Red Hood if he knows a Monitor named Bob

Yup. Atom has gear that references Forerunner, too.

E: I'd love a Brandon Routh skin, but if they got Wentworth Miller I'd master Captain Cold on principle

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 13, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Atom is so stupidly cheerful it owns, love his prematch quotes about "have u ever shrunk down and been inside a body, well I have and it WAS FASCINATING" with that stupid grin.

Definitive Rating Of DLC So Far, Not Counting Darkseid Who Was Not Part Of The Pack And Is Best Character Overall Anyway:

1) Atom
2) Black Manta
3) Starfire
4) Hellboy
5) Red Hood
6) Sub-Zero
7) Raiden (bump him up to 6 if you count Black Lightning)

I suspect once TMNT come out they'll be the new no.1. I'd put Sub-Zero higher because his moveset and gear is legit good but because we have 2 loving MK characters I can't rate him better than this.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did we get surfer girl Starfire or super serious Starfire I haven’t played her yet

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

Atom is so stupidly cheerful it owns, love his prematch quotes about "have u ever shrunk down and been inside a body, well I have and it WAS FASCINATING" with that stupid grin.

Definitive Rating Of DLC So Far, Not Counting Darkseid Who Was Not Part Of The Pack And Is Best Character Overall Anyway:

1) Atom
2) Black Manta
3) Starfire
4) Sub-Zero
5) Hellboy
6) Red Hood
7) Raiden (bump him up to 6 if you count Black Lightning)

I suspect once TMNT come out they'll be the new no.1. I'd put Sub-Zero higher because his moveset and gear is legit good but because we have 2 loving MK characters I can't rate him better than this.

ftfy, because while I am a fan of Hellboy in general, this Hellboy is incredibly boring.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Did we get surfer girl Starfire or super serious Starfire I haven’t played her yet

Somewhere in the middle. She's good

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i knew we wouldn't get full on cartoon starfire but it would've been nice to at least get a starfire that was more fun to play

bigger disappointment than getting two mk characters imo

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Starfire is fun to play, though. She's one of the three fighters I cycle between

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i bounced off her pretty fast once i got her to 20

admittedly she was the first character i tried out so maybe i'd like her more now that i'm more comfortable with the game

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Benny the Snake posted:

Starfire is fun to play, though. She's one of the three fighters I cycle between

:agreed:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Benny the Snake posted:

Except you're bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

https://i.redd.it/xuped9nof5401.jpg

:bahgawd: drat you ed

• Locked thread