Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Kaboobi posted:

no just thunderbirds

How's it sold?
Dead and cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

fwiw most country artists are super talented guitarists but never actually display any of their skills because pop country consists of 4 chords and a boring slide guitar solo 95% of the time

keith urban was a hell of a player back in his cocaine days

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Same's true of a lot of pop singers, not that you can really hear them half the time. Ciao Adios isn't autotuned; Anne-Marie really can do that.

Also, I want to see Kimmel get Sean Paul to just pop up like Dan Forden in MK2 and scat random syllables at people. Admit it, that's the real reason you bought Cheap Thrills.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Merijn posted:

I changed my mind

People see Tubthumping at parties and think "Oh that will be a fun song, let's do that" and quickly do they learn their lesson...

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Quick question: I own 30 Seconds to Mars - Attack, when I go to the store it says it is in my library, yet when I go to my library for quick play it isn’t there and doesn’t come up in the search tool... What can I do to fix this?

e: tried refreshing music library, no help.

Also, what does this disparity mean?

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Dec 14, 2017

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

zenintrude posted:

Also, what does this disparity mean?

It just means that whatever sorting parameters you have applied (be it Rivals Weekly Challenge Mode, Sorting Filters, Hidden 1-Lighter Rated Songs, or anything else I might be forgetting) are causing a handful of songs to be hidden out of your total number of songs, displayed on the right. In particular, I imagine hidden 1-Ligher rated songs might be the culprit for Attack being missing, in the case that you may have accidentally rated it one lighter while navigating without realizing it (just a matter of hitting the blue button once on the song in question). In that case, it's just a matter f going to sorting options and deselecting to hide 1-Lighter songs (and the same goes for just about every other potential sorting option as far as I recall).

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Thanks, that did it!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

~Coxy posted:

People see Tubthumping at parties and think "Oh that will be a fun song, let's do that" and quickly do they learn their lesson...

I'm still a big Faith No More fan and I refuse to hit accept on Epic, on any instrument, because I know the singer will bail.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

DaddyBigBucks posted:

I have the same issue. You have to delete the Drums via PS4 Devices Menu and re-add it. This is not a great fix because it will happen again in 10 minutes or 30, It never lasts long.

From 2 pages ago, but thanks for this advice!! This fixed the connection and she played a bunch without it dropping again so I guess we're lucky, woohoo! Thank you!

On the topic of e-kits, is there anything I can buy for the nitro to dampen the sounds of the drum pads? Unfortunately googling "alesis nitro drum pad covers" results in a ton of songs being covered and no useful results :v:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

flakeloaf posted:

I'm still a big Faith No More fan and I refuse to hit accept on Epic, on any instrument, because I know the singer will bail.
Get a better singer (as in one who doesn't bail, not necessarily one who sings better). :colbert:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 14, 2017

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So it looks like I'm getting a copy of PS4 RB4 and a midi-adapter for my Alesis drums for Christmas. Is there a way to pre-buy DLC songs for it, or does that have to be done in game? I poked around on the PS Store and didn't find much there.

Bummed I'll be losing all my 360 based DLC, but not enough to buy an xbone for one game.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Enos Cabell posted:

So it looks like I'm getting a copy of PS4 RB4 and a midi-adapter for my Alesis drums for Christmas. Is there a way to pre-buy DLC songs for it, or does that have to be done in game? I poked around on the PS Store and didn't find much there.

Bummed I'll be losing all my 360 based DLC, but not enough to buy an xbone for one game.

I mean, if you own more than 100 songs (or any exports), and any old instruments it's probably a better deal to spend $180 on an xbone, but hey.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Alesis Nitro with a free drum throne are $259 at B&H with free shipping and a free drum throne if you're looking for an awesome entry level e-kit:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1189943-REG/alesis_nitro_kit_8_piece_elctrnc_kit_with.html

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 18, 2017

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Dsdu5MGzE

Suffragette City, David Bowie
Everlong, Foo Fighters
18 and Life, Skid Row
Plush, Stone Temple Pilots

EVERLONG finally gently caress yes

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

kumba posted:

EVERLONG finally gently caress yes

:downsrim: let's get this started

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/rockband/status/943139401571422208

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

This and more Radiohead is all I've been looking forward to.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

18 and Life, gently caress yeah. Gonna be fun to sing that one.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

So Hooked on a Feeling and the proper Come on Eileen next week, along with The Final Countdown as a rewind?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
If I don't own a PS3 nor do I own a copy of RB3 for the PS3 nor do I apparently know anyone on this drat earth that has RB3 for PS3 what is the best way for me to go about finally getting that export

who wants to promise not to steal my pixels and do me a solid

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

kumba posted:

If I don't own a PS3 nor do I own a copy of RB3 for the PS3 nor do I apparently know anyone on this drat earth that has RB3 for PS3 what is the best way for me to go about finally getting that export

who wants to promise not to steal my pixels and do me a solid

yeah it's really finding someone you can trust to boot it up and get an achievement for calibrating or something

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kaboobi posted:

Alesis Nitro with a free drum throne are $259 at B&H with free shipping and a free drum throne if you're looking for an awesome entry level e-kit:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1189943-REG/alesis_nitro_kit_8_piece_elctrnc_kit_with.html

This is about what I spent a few years back on my Alesia DM-6 and it looks comparable, even a bit better. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Getting a MIDI kit working with RB is a bit finicky, I’m sure plenty of people ITT can assist though. (I can share my process, but once everything’s right and it still doesn’t work the process devolves into changing something, whacking a cymbal, grunt, rinse, repeat.)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Die Sexmonster! posted:

This is about what I spent a few years back on my Alesia DM-6 and it looks comparable, even a bit better. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Getting a MIDI kit working with RB is a bit finicky, I’m sure plenty of people ITT can assist though. (I can share my process, but once everything’s right and it still doesn’t work the process devolves into changing something, whacking a cymbal, grunt, rinse, repeat.)

With the Nitro brain it's basically plug and play and then switching the two crash and ride cymbals, it takes literally 45 seconds to get it working properly (otherwise green and blue are backwards) (you could also just swap the plugs in the back if you want to use it as a real kit too, which is what I did)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Also next weeks tracks confirmed:

Blue Suede - Hooked on a Feeling (included in spotlight pass)
Dexys Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen
Europe - The Final Countdown (rewind)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
If you're like me and you never really liked Come On Eileen don't let that stop you from checking out Dexy's other music. Their first 2 LPs are some of the best pop to come out of England in the 80s. Would have liked to see 'Tell Me When My Light Turns Green' but only when they come out with brass instrument peripherals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Trombone solo :rock:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/rockband/status/944298224952795136

One of the questions is “we can’t do legacy entitlements for RBN so would you rather have selected RBN songs that you have to rebuy or no RBN songs at all”

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

ANOTHER story mode? Yiminy yikes, we haven't even bothered to finish the ones we've already got...

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Well then make sure to mark them as lowest priority like I did

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I would be more than happy to re-buy my Dance for the Dying RBN tracks. Plus “Semi-Charmed Life” if they fix the mix. Or if they don’t, if I’m being honest.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I've played RB4 like 3 times now and haven't even started Rivals yet. :ohdear: hopefully I can get more RB4 time in during the holidays.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
Hi everybody, first of all Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating it! Today is also the last day of the C3thon, the C3 customs marathon that raises money for children in need of help while battling life-threatening diseases. We are very close to reaching the 5,000 dollars goal and we'd be very thankful if you could take a look at what we released and donate a little if you can. :) This is the fundraising page: https://worldwish.rallybound.org/c3

Thank you in advance!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

farottone posted:

Hi everybody, first of all Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating it! Today is also the last day of the C3thon, the C3 customs marathon that raises money for children in need of help while battling life-threatening diseases. We are very close to reaching the 5,000 dollars goal and we'd be very thankful if you could take a look at what we released and donate a little if you can. :) This is the fundraising page: https://worldwish.rallybound.org/c3

Thank you in advance!

I am pleased to say that your request has been heeded and the total just got passed. But donate anyway! :)

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I am pleased to say that your request has been heeded and the total just got passed. But donate anyway! :)

Thank you!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it's cause I'm a massive weeb but I do believe that this is my favourite song released this year.

Anyone wanna share their fave's from this year? Custom or DLC.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
All the Tragically Hip customs released this year.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

farottone posted:

Thank you!

No, thank you guys. You've done amazing work for a kick-rear end cause. 😀

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

farottone posted:

This is the fundraising page: https://worldwish.rallybound.org/c3

Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the reminder! Great work.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

reminder:
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/945670595982843905

I will bet $5 that the two new tracks have DIY stems
I will still buy them

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

to think of all the good songs that could have been on the RB4 track list

https://twitter.com/MrPope/status/946742041395920896

https://twitter.com/MrPope/status/946743275603365888

we didn't get the kills and deap valley and more dead weather and SCREAMING FEMALES???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Kaboobi posted:

SCREAMING FEMALES???

:hai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23gkhdJqULg
This would have fit right in back in the RBN all-metal-all-the-time days.

Band: Shadow. Album: Shadow. Why don't you make yourselves harder to Google :argh: