Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

all these stories about women supporting terrible losers are heartening. it's good to know if things go to poo poo I can always leech off of someone just by being "very sweet, no really"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
What happens if the knight gets cucked by the dragon?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blade Runner posted:

Nobody owes anybody sex ever, unless you are a medieval Knight who has just saved a royal from a dragon to win their hand in marriage

In all other situations, you are not owed sex, but should probably break up if you aren't having it
Well yeah, the point is that deciding to control an intimate shared activity and being an rear end in a top hat about it is abusive behavior.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theophany posted:

I dont get paid unless theyre dead in all caps and proof. Dont care if they can shape shift and he loves the dragon, I got bills to pay and you cant maintain a manse on broken contracts.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
One of my roommates in college was the same way. He wasn’t smart guy but there were weird gaps in his knowledge base sometimes. Despite living in the PNW his whole life, he wasn’t sure which ocean was the pacific, and he didn’t realize that Hawaii and Alaska “weren’t attached”

Engineer.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Not knowing basic geography is an instant dealbreaker. Like I can understand someone not knowing where the Straight of Hormuz is or something, but confusing Georgia and New York? That's just basic "I really don't give a poo poo about the space outside my immediate bubble" that would be too much to handle.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Barudak posted:

I dont get paid unless theyre dead in all caps and proof. Dont care if they can shape shift and he loves the dragon, I got bills to pay and you cant maintain a manse on broken contracts.

Got any room for an apprentice in your operation?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My mother has multiple masters degrees, a PhD, and was a teacher in a variety of fields for decades.

She until i was 12 and humiliated her at a family gathering thought the US and Germany were allies in world war one fighting against an italian russian french coalition and that Hitler was their king at the time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My girlfriend only realized mattresses have springs earlier this year. She is much smarter than me. She was convinced that mattresses were made out of down, and all the springs were in the box spring.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Theophany posted:

Really, it's the Knight that is typically cucking the dragon by coming in and stealing the Noble, so this is merely a role reversal

mind the walrus posted:

Well yeah, the point is that deciding to control an intimate shared activity and being an rear end in a top hat about it is abusive behavior.

It can be abusive, I guess. Withholding sex is bad, yeah, but if a person doesn't want to gently caress you, that's their business. Even if you're in a relationship. You have to break up if you're not having the amount of sex you want to be having.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Got any room for an apprentice in your operation?

Its a pretty short interview process.

Question 1: Are you willing to train to the peak of the human condition for the sole purpose of killing irreplaceable living wonders that in their own meloncholy way represent the last vestiges of the untamed wilds as man tightens the noose around creation?

Question 2: If in the woods adventuring, and we are separated, would you walk into a pool of water you just discovered that contains a sexy person who is beckoning you for a no strings attached all you can handle fuckfest ?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blade Runner posted:

It can be abusive, I guess. Withholding sex is bad, yeah, but if a person doesn't want to gently caress you, that's their business. Even if you're in a relationship. You have to break up if you're not having the amount of sex you want to be having.
It's not abusive because it's sex but because it's a shared activity that your partner knows you want and is deliberately controlling, in this case on a whim and laughing about it. Swap out Monopoly and it's the same problem, assuming Monopoly is really important to that person for some godforsaken reason.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Barudak posted:

Its a pretty short interview process.

Question 1: Are you willing to train to the peak of the human condition for the sole purpose of killing irreplaceable living wonders that in their own meloncholy way represent the last vestiges of the untamed wilds as man tightens the noose around creation?

Question 2: If in the woods adventuring, and we are separated, would you walk into a pool of water you just discovered that contains a sexy person who is beckoning you for a no strings attached all you can handle fuckfest ?

I am willing to murder anything for no good reason and I would stab the sex monster, thank you

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

It's not abusive because it's sex but because it's a shared activity that your partner knows you want and is deliberately controlling, in this case on a whim and laughing about it. Swap out Monopoly and it's the same problem, assuming Monopoly is really important to that person for some godforsaken reason.

"Not loving me when I deserve it is ABUSE."

Mind The Walrus : MTW : MRW : MRA>????

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

FactsAreUseless posted:

My girlfriend only realized mattresses have springs earlier this year. She is much smarter than me. She was convinced that mattresses were made out of down, and all the springs were in the box spring.

What about memory foam, huh smartiepants?!

I once had a 20 minute argument with someone that was adamant the only countries involved in WW2 were the US, Great Britain, France, Russia, Germany, Italy, and Japan. The could not be convinced otherwise.

I couldn't even convince him Canada and Australia were grouped in as British.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Palpek posted:

My [20 F] boyfriend [23 M] of 2.5 years claims I'm going "hyperspeed" on life and it's unfair.

Jesus, when 20 year old people go into couples therapy the therapist should tell them to gtfo, break up and not waste their time. "The first 2 years..." at such a young age. Sure they're both young enough to be still loving around but that girl should ditch the loser bringing her down, young people are so dumb.

EDIT: her fresh comment

Thank god.

Jeez. These idiots who take their girlfriend's success as a personal insult rather than thinking "Awesome, I'm dating a girl who has her poo poo together"...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

I am willing to murder anything for no good reason and I would stab the sex monster, thank you

Alright heres the paperwork, a next of kin disclosement form, and the address of an undertaker who specializes in closed casket funerals.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

mind the walrus posted:

And sure, but the same holds intrinsically true. Nobody has to play Monopoly with you, especially if they don't enjoy playing Monopoly with you because you cheat and take money from the bank every loving time. If you have caused them to not want to gently caress you, play Monopoly with you, whatever is extremely important to you, that is a problem and you should leave or fix what makes them not want to do it.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Barudak posted:

Alright heres the paperwork, a next of kin disclosement form, and the address of an undertaker who specializes in closed casket funerals.

My attitudes on sex and murder have made both of these irrelevant

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd say you must be playing Monopoly wrong but then again so are 99% of the people who play it, so whatev, go nuts

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

That girl probably shows up in all those streetwalking segments on late night talk shows.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'd say you must be playing Monopoly wrong but then again so are 99% of the people who play it, so whatev, go nuts

This is also true for having sex

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Male (24) and girlfriend (25) is smothering me to death

quote:

We've been together 4 years. We have a wonderful relationship. In fact, I want to marry this woman. She's always been a bit clingy but I don't mind it here and there.

What I do mind is my girlfriend never knows when to stop. And it has only been getting worse. I really don't want her to lose her independence.

We both work very long hours at high stress jobs, so on the weekdays we pretty much crash. However, on the weekends it's like she expects me to plan everything and plan these elaborate activities outside the house that last all day... and she will not come up with any on her own.

She will literally not leave my side... never agreeing with my activity and huffing and puffing the whole time saying she's bored.... and will refuse to do her own thing!! I just want to burst! It seems so silly typing it out.

She is a very sensitive woman.. so I need to be very delicate in asking her to give me some space.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1) Making a few lighthearted jokes... they never work. That is a terrible idea please no one try that.

2) gently leading by example.. for instance: I will read a book, clean the house, catch up on my show, now the lawn, work in the garage, lift weights. But she still sticks right by my side the whole time huffing and puffing.

3) I've flat out told her: babe you can do what ever you want. Don't think about. Just do it. She won't.

I am at my wits end. I just got out of bed a minute ago because she woke me up by asking "what do you want to do today?" ARGH!!

I'm actually hiding in the bathroom just to have some space to post this!

TL:DR: i need space from my girl friend and I'm not quite sure how to delicately tell her.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Palpek posted:

"She's smothering me, I need space!"

"I want to marry this woman"

:psyduck:

Dude needs to try the single life again.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Palpek posted:

For a beautiful moment, I pictured a man on his phone as his girlfriend holds a pillow over his face, desperately requesting help for a rather extreme relationship issue that must be solved in the next thirty seconds

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The horror! Your future wife wants to spend time with you on the weekends. Dude needs to realize when you marry someone they are there 24/7 and me time is scarce if any at all.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The horror! Your future wife wants to spend time with you on the weekends. Dude needs to realize when you marry someone they are there 24/7 and me time is scarce if any at all.

I think you may be thinking of a horror film, as most marriages do not have your partner standing there with you constantly, forever, in every waking moment

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Read it again. She wants him to plan huge elaborate daytrips for every weekend with no effort on her part, then gets pissy about them because it wasn't the right activity.

Dude needs to :sever: and she needs a loving hobby.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Imagine listening to music with earphones in while reading a book in one hand while doing curls in your garage weight room and still your girlfriend won't take the hint that maybe you want some alone time however fleeting.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I demand that anyone I go out with design an increasingly complex set of puzzles for me to solve

If they cannot think of more I dump them, if they present me with a puzzle I cannot solve then I must present them with a puzzle that they cannot solve or they must leave me

Once we have defeated one another in puzzle based fighting, we get married

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Been with my fiancee for 10 years and lived together for 5, confirmed you do need to do things away from each other, have separate hobbies or anything. We have gone through phases of not going out, staying together each night (day/night on weekends) and poo poo like that, after a few weeks you start to go crazy and get on each other's nerves, it has nothing to do with not liking/loving each other enough, you need time apart and things to do alone/with people other than your SO. What the gently caress are you going to talk about if your whole life revolves around your partner?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Blade Runner posted:

I demand that anyone I go out with design an increasingly complex set of puzzles for me to solve

If they cannot think of more I dump them, if they present me with a puzzle I cannot solve then I must present them with a puzzle that they cannot solve or they must leave me

If I met a girl able and willing to constantly be setting up puzzles and abstract thinking scavenger hunts for me to solve each weekend, I would marry her for sure. She's the one.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

MF_James posted:

What the gently caress are you going to talk about if your whole life revolves around your partner?

You talk poo poo about your extended family and get all up in their business for about 50 years until you die

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Imagine listening to music with earphones in while reading a book in one hand while doing curls in your garage weight room and still your girlfriend won't take the hint that maybe you want some alone time however fleeting.
He mentions that she's also huffing and puffing the entire time he does that so I imagine her actually saying "Wow, so you planned our time this weekend to be you lifting weights? Well, this is boring" and still just standing there going on an on about how much this sucks lol.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

If I met a girl able and willing to constantly be setting up puzzles and abstract thinking scavenger hunts for me to solve each weekend, I would marry her for sure. She's the one.
I think this is just stalking

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

Turandot, there is a reason youre still single.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

What the gently caress are you talking about? You're not married, are you?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's one thing for your partner doesn't know the specifics of global events, the space program, politics, geography, etc. People have different interests and experiences I don't blame someone for not knowing the capital of Arkansas off to the top of their head. But it's another issue if he/she is a total loving idiot who doesn't know where New York is on a map and entertains flat earther bullshit. No clue how that dude can stand it. He must be real desperate!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Leon Einstein posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? You're not married, are you?

Lol clearly or even in a live-in relationship for an extended period of time. I'm not saying ditch your SO every weekend, especially if you're spending very little time during the week together, but poo poo you need time to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I, too, am literally a parasitic lifeform attached to my girlfriend.