Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kirios posted:

You can't excuse the Bennett play that was bitch made.
You know, I typed all those words when this is all I really needed to say. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

pubic works project posted:

It was bitch made, but the Jags got the win, no one got hurt from it (that I know of) and now Seattle potentially could miss the playoffs. Karma, bitches.

How is it karma? The result didn't change in any way after the cheap shot

I will pedant you to death

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

How is it karma? The result didn't change in any way after the cheap shot

I will pedant you to death

I'm going to fight you.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

RUN HENRY MORE

2 STARTING BACKS

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I was curious to learn about Derek Henry's past accomplishment, and this segment from wikipedia is perfect:

quote:

Scouts regarded his main assets his large frame, violent running, ability to break tackles with ease, speed, long strides, superior conditioning, and consistent play. The main concerns were about the wear and tear his body took as a workhorse at Alabama, his slow acceleration, average foot quickness, below-average catching ability with his hands, narrow based running style, sluggish cutbacks, and his problem with running tall.

Most of all, his cutbacks are weak and he doesn't have good hands. Straight ahead big man rushing styles really don't work anymore. Compare him to Ajayi or Ingram or Gurley. All pretty big guys, definitely power backs, and all with a lot more agility and tight jump cuts.

But for a big man, his speed is incredible. To get going, this man needs amazing blocking, by the O-line and the rest of the offense. When they've managed to spring him he always goes for long yards. But he cannot compensate for bad blocks at the line of scrimmage like those others can. The Titans need to get things straight in that department and set Henry loose.

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
Can a Titans fan explain to me why the 49ers are favored over your team this week, is Mariota not going to play?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Anorexic Robot posted:

Can a Titans fan explain to me why the 49ers are favored over your team this week, is Mariota not going to play?

their offense has been poo poo for a while now and they just scored 7 points against the Cards

I still think they'll be able to handle the 49ers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Anorexic Robot posted:

Handsome Jimmy

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Anorexic Robot posted:

Mariota sucks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mariota is basically what pundits were saying Watson would be if his game refused to translate from college, so basically Watson's floor. come at me

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why would I come at you I completely agree.

Also maybe fire Mularkey he's a pretty bad head coach and is very likely stunting Mariota's growth.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Anorexic Robot posted:

Life is pain

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The 49ers are playing good and the Titans are playing bad right now and Vegas has noticed this

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans will beat the 49ers but lose the last two against the Rams and Jags and finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I still believe the Titans have two more wins against the Jags in them

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans will beat the 49ers but lose the last two against the Rams and Jags and finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

I still believe the Titans have two more wins against the Jags in them

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I too noticed the 49ers squeaked by the powerhouse big dogs of the NFL the Chicago Bears and the charred remains of what was once the Houston Texans so I am convinced they are good now. For sure.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Intruder posted:

Mariota is basically what pundits were saying Watson would be if his game refused to translate from college, so basically Watson's floor. come at me

Watson will not see sustained success with that limp, rainbow throw of his.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah if there's one takeaway I saw from Watson's play it's that he won't be successful

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There has never been a qb who played well their rookie year then proceeded to be bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Good point. Mariota was excellent his rookie year

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intruder posted:

Good point. Mariota was excellent his rookie year

lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Versus Bortles, who has never been good.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

Versus Bortles, who has never been good.

that's hate speech

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

There has never been a qb who played well their rookie year then proceeded to be bad

RGIII?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bradshaw played bad for like four years then became amazing.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Mariota's interception rate is even worse than rookie Bort's this year.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Nah, we'll make the playoffs at 9-7 because the AFC is a shitshow but lose the wildcard round to whoever we face (prob. the Jags at this rate).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:getin:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Kirios posted:

Why would I come at you I completely agree.

Also maybe fire Mularkey he's a pretty bad head coach and is very likely stunting Mariota's growth.

This is all true. Mularkey is dog poo poo and if Dick LeBeau dies the Titans will get even worse.

Mariota isn't like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning good and just being held back by a bad coach but with a good coach and surrounding cast he could win a super bowl one day.

The previous terrible sentence structure brought to you by my terrible opinion.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Malarkey and Bortles must both be in the division forever because they have funny names.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Comrayn posted:

Malarkey and Bortles must both be in the division forever because they have funny names.

They just missed being on the same team.

Funny name luminary and unit of measurement Dawuane Smoot makes up for it though. Say Bortles and Smoot out loud and try not to smile.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 15, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cross-posting this from another thread:

schweens posted:

Here's a cool article on Yannick Ngakoue who I totally knew about before 15 minutes ago:
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/12/15/16778592/yannick-ngakoue-jaguars-defense
:allears:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
gently caress, is my team bad? Are we going to lose to the Niners? gently caress.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Probably Magic posted:

gently caress, is my team bad? Are we going to lose to the Niners? gently caress.

inshallah

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Cross-posting this from another thread:

:allears:

I was debating putting him on the funny name list, I was half and half on it. Also, he shares a first name with Yannick Bisson, who looks like a skinny, better haired version of Bortles to me.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

https://youtu.be/o68jQjPCDtU

:/

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The only reason that I am sad about this is because it means he can't pile up yards against that injured defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The only reason that I am sad about this is because it means he can't pile up yards against that injured defense.

I wanted to see him play live, and this team did lose to the Jets and Cardinals

• Locked thread