Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Play posted:

Oh my, Wentz led his team to two losses over the course of almost an entire season. Obviously, he's poo poo. A good quarterback wins every game, EVERYONE knows that! - this retard

Meanwhile, Matt Ryan leads his team to five losses. You pretty clearly don't have much vision for the game of football, Wentz's play was fantastic this season. That's why people throughout the sport, people who do this for a living, are frustrated that they won't see him in the postseason. He played so well this year that losing him literally cheapens the entire rest of the season.

I never said he was poo poo you fuckin dingbat, I said I don't think he's a top tier QB yet. also, you're simpleton if you're using QB WINS as a statistic of any merit

LethalGeek posted:

I'm new here and all but I'm 99% sure you're just some bitter dummy because that's not what was said lol. On top of the fact you seem to be on your own stupid island in general.

sorry, but can you read

indigi posted:

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Ryan, Ben, and probably Rivers

El Patron posted:

except maybe Wilson ... and obviously Brady ... The rest of the names mentioned just baffle me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
indigi I just don't think you have the pie-eyed optimism required to be an Eagles poster in this thread

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Can we all agree Wentz is the best nfce qb

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

TheChirurgeon posted:

indigi I just don't think you have the pie-eyed optimism required to be an Eagles poster in this thread

I own a Carson Wentz jersey! I want him to be the best!!

Diqnol posted:

I think we should wait until Davis Webb gets some game time before we say anything we can't take back

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diqnol posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82iXeagXyyw&t=50s

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Carson Wentz facetimed into Eagles practice hopped up on pain meds because he wanted to know more about a new passing play Pederson drew up.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...Twitter+Account

Les Bowen posted:

Having just emerged from left ACL surgery and being stuck in a Pittsburgh hospital bed didn’t stop Carson Wentz from FaceTiming teammates Wednesday. Backup quarterback Nate Sudfeld said that even though Wentz was “pretty loopy” on pain medication, he wanted to know about a new play he’d gotten an email about from the coaching staff.

Sudfeld said Wentz’s spirits were “really good.”

“It’s obviously disappointing, but the surgery went well, from what I heard and what he said. He was feeling pretty loopy after the anesthesia … He was just ordering a burger and talking about, he was trying to figure out some of the new plays we put in.”

Sudfeld said he asked Wentz, “are you sure you want to know right now?”

Under intense questioning, Sudfeld acknowledged he did not have many relevant details about the burger. “I think it was a double-stack something?”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wentz gonna be 350 lbs by training camp

Rip walrus Jesus

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

Wentz gonna be 350 lbs by training camp

Rip walrus Jesus

The Battleship Wentzylvania

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol we’ve even moved on to him being a better Jesus lover than Tebow

He can lift small cars!
Leap tall buildings!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Carson Wentz is going to get addicted to his pain medication, get himself tatted up, dye his hair black and start wearing eye liner.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

Carson Wentz is going to get addicted to his pain medication, get himself tatted up, dye his hair black and start wearing eye liner.

God I hope so

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pain killer addiction is guaranteed if he's not there already

I just hope he stays away from raping women and riding motorcycles

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If Wentz goes goth atheist I will renounce my cowboys fandom

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

indigi posted:

you're baffled why someone would take Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Matt Ryan over Carson Wentz, yet I'm the one posting nonsense? lol get the gently caress out of here

Wentz has outperformed them all this season, so yes I'm baffled but carry on with your fantasy bullshit, Big Ben indeed lol.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

it'll be sad to see how quickly eagles fans turn on wentz when he slides into just being a Decent quarterback

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

it'll be sad to see how quickly eagles fans turn on wentz when he slides into just being a Decent quarterback

If you actually watched him play you'd realize how dumb this statement is. Wentz doesn't slide into anything.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

We'll have Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles step in and lead the charge. :grin:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

euphronius posted:

Pain killer addiction is guaranteed if he's not there already

I just hope he stays away from raping women and riding motorcycles

But enough about Ben Roethlisberger.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Nick Foles for your Dick Holes

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Nick's Pole 👀

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phobeste posted:

Nick Foles for your Dick Holes

All holes Foled.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nick Foles: You seen this guy pray?!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Wentz didn't have any problems throwing short last year. Its just that these receivers are better at intermediate/deep routes than short stuff. Losing Jordan Matthews hurt in that respect.

One of the few things the offense could still use is a possession receiver who can run a nice slant route.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Wentz didn't have any problems throwing short last year. Its just that these receivers are better at intermediate/deep routes than short stuff. Losing Jordan Matthews hurt in that respect.

One of the few things the offense could still use is a possession receiver who can run a nice slant route.

His name is Zach Ertz

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Diqnol posted:

His name is Zach Ertz

I meant to say "besides Ertz".

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
What about Mack Hollins?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Agholor has been doing well at that this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles will win the Super Bowl and Agholor will be Super Bowl MVP

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Wentz still throws balls into the helmets of linemen, he is a bad qb.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Friendship ended with WENTZ. Now EMBIID is my new best friend.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Zach Ertz when your Crack Hurts

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
My prediction: Nick Foles is going to kill it tomorrow, inspiring hope and optimism throughout the Eagles fan base, which will then be crushed in the playoffs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
“Foles Leads Disheartened Eagles Over Stingy 2-11 Giants”

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

corn on the cop posted:

“Foles Leads Disheartened Eagles Over Stingy 2-11 Giants”

"Spontaneous pregnancies throughout greater Philadelphia area as Foles-led Eagles cream Giants 69-1."

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/942371299954900992

Sex_Marxist
Dec 14, 2016

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON
Thinking the Eagles still have a chance with Foles is the "Here's how Bernie can still win" of football

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Big Dick Foles is gonna win it all

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Sex_Marxist posted:

Thinking the Eagles still have a chance with Foles is the "Here's how Bernie can still win" of football

:folesget20:

:bernget20:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sex_Marxist posted:

Are you a sex Marxist because you keep on trying to give it to everyone but end up in the hands of old white men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Sex_Marxist posted:

On the other hand, if Foles didn't play well after escaping the tutelage of Jeff Fisher wouldn't he be an aberration?

• Locked thread