Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Sometimes you come through, JJ... :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Trump is the 1:0. That's the lowest domino to have in your opening hand (0:0 being a valid opener if no other double is drawn).

Of course the metaphor would be better if the aim of dominoes wasn't to score as few points as possible, so lower dominoes are better to keep in your hand, but still.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I just... I need a minute.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wow, look at these SJW going all virtue signaling

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Kirschen posted:

The "Palestinian" problem is irrelevant, the war in Yemen is ignored by the media. What's really happening is the building of an alliance to stop the Iranian invasion of our region, and a free and independent Kurdistan should be part of that alliance.
I bet you absolutely anything that this hateful gently caress wouldn't give a poo poo about the atrocity that is Yemen if Iran weren't involved.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Pakled posted:

If Gore was president I am 100% convinced that "Democrats let 9/11 happen" would be a major conservative talking point to this day.

Oh, you bet. Especially if it turned out that Gore ignored warnings from the intelligence community about it, like Bush did. They'd be demanding his head on a pike.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Don't you dare pretend you understand Mr. Rogers, you racist gently caress.

After The War fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 15, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gore/Lieberman would have gotten impeached for 9/11 and replaced with Denny Hastert, straight up that would have happened.

Fortunately for the elementary school white house tours, President Hotfingers Hastert never came to be.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This would have been a really stupid idea,.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

This is the most incredible self-own on for-profit healthcare imaginable :tinsley:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!
Clinton got a loving film made making fun of him for going after Bin Laden. The hypocrisy for killing Gore for not doing enough might have been too much for 2000 era republicans

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Yes. Yes it will be great.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I know there's no actual symbolism in this, but I like that he drew the calm, compassionate, good-natured one on the left in blue and the angry lying doomsayer on the right in red.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Specific Democrat versus Avatar of the Generic Republican.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Good choice in reading.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

ryonguy posted:

I made it moore accurate.

:perfect:

My hero

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

Good choice in reading.

None of the Dragons of Pern books is so thick, so she must be using the cover to hide inside a Edgar Rice Burroughs novel.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
hey, F'nor is a hero

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

It's time to play Spot The Background Inconsistencies! You get one answer for free as previously mentioned - Wrong number of candles lit - but can you find three more? Answers in spoilers below. No peeking!

Teacup sucers appear long after enough time has passed to allow stains on the lovely table

The crossbeam on the windows frame vanishes in the second panel. Oh no!

The elegant cupboard with the fancy design becomes sadly mundane after the first panel. What a pity!

Also Magically Disappearing Candles but I can give it the benefit of the doubt because maybe they moved it before sitting down.

You might think I'm being harsh on Zelda but I actually think this is a lot of fun and don't mean any spite

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Tei posted:

None of the Dragons of Pern books is so thick, so she must be using the cover to hide inside a Edgar Rice Burroughs novel.

thatsbait.gif

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

"Roy Moore getting his balls crushed" seems to be a theme.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Songbearer posted:

It's time to play Spot The Background Inconsistencies! You get one answer for free as previously mentioned - Wrong number of candles lit - but can you find three more? Answers in spoilers below. No peeking!

Teacup sucers appear long after enough time has passed to allow stains on the lovely table

The elegant cupboard with the fancy design becomes sadly mundane after the first panel. What a pity!

Also Magically Disappearing Candles but I can give it the benefit of the doubt because maybe they moved it before sitting down.

You might think I'm being harsh on Zelda but I actually think this is a lot of fun and don't mean any spite

What's the yellow stuff anyway? Don't they do glögi in Norway?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Fun fact: in the original it was Save The Children instead of UNICEF. Given that the organisation is based in the UK and is active in countries across the globe, there was no real need to change it. Also, the yarn cost 2478 crowns, with 22 left over for charity. At current exchange rates, 2478 crowns is almost exactly $299.50, while 22 crowns equal $2.65.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kopijeger posted:

Fun fact: in the original it was Save The Children instead of UNICEF. Given that the organisation is based in the UK and is active in countries across the globe, there was no real need to change it. Also, the yarn cost 2478 crowns, with 22 left over for charity. At current exchange rates, 2478 crowns is almost exactly $299.50, while 22 crowns equal $2.65.
What the hell kind of yarn costs that much?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Samurai Sanders posted:

What the hell kind of yarn costs that much?

Decent yarn can cost quite a lot, but even relatively cheap yarn at like $5 a skein is gonna get up there fast if you're making 86 mittens

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Songbearer posted:

Don't forget her disappearing teacup on the left, and the stars from the windows.

Do I get a vanilkakor?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This is actually a pretty big money-saver considering there are literally 43 children who need gifts

Unless the original plan was to buy each of them a Snickers bar or something

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Bad Reporter with the first use of the "giant pile of paper that says TODAY" but doubtless not the last :allears:

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Asmussen still batting 1.000 I see. Panel 3 is gold.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tei posted:

I know it's Tei, but gently caress this sexist poo poo.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
It's clearly an omnibus of the Earthsea trilogy. All three of them together could be that thick, depending on font size and if it's illustrated. Definitely her best series.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kaza42 posted:

It's clearly an omnibus of the Earthsea trilogy. All three of them together could be that thick, depending on font size and if it's illustrated. Definitely her best series.

Earthsea, much like Hitchhiker's Guide, is one of those trilogies that have five books in them :v:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tei posted:

I'm pretty sure "Ursula K. Le Guin" isn't the title of any of Anne McCaffrey's Pern stories.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Never got into the dragons of pern, I liked Michael Crichton novels and Stephen King, Zelda score: 0/4 :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My childhood memories are that the first Earthsea book was really good and they got weird after that

and also that she wrote a book called "Catwings," which was about cats that had wings

• Locked thread