Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Palpek posted:

Tonight I [21M] slept in bed with a girl I like [20F]. She's said repeatedly that we're only friends yet makes every move possible, what do I do?

University is full of garbage women like this; that is the voice of bitter experience. Find somebody who is DTF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Anony Mouse posted:

Me [20M] with my Asian girlfriend [20 F]. Thinking about ending it because I'm her first Asian boyfriend.

This is like "local man saws off arm because he believes it's possessed by demons" bullshit. If dude doesn't like his girlfriend enough to stay with her, then just be straight with her. Don't make up inane delusional excuses.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Anony Mouse posted:

Me [20M] with my Asian girlfriend [20 F]. Thinking about ending it because I'm her first Asian boyfriend.

I found myself thinking "is this actually a thing?" then I remembered the time that my grandmother told me that she'd rather me be gay than bring a black girl home.

I mean, talk to your GF about it, bro. You're both only 20, I don't think she's wanting to settle down if you're both in school.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Palpek posted:

Tonight I [21M] slept in bed with a girl I like [20F]. She's said repeatedly that we're only friends yet makes every move possible, what do I do?
How do you get into this situation and not have sex?

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 15, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khorne posted:

How do you get into this situation and not have sex? I'm doing the math and zero times in my life have I not had sex.

*voice of bitter experience* it happens. Move on, find somebody to gently caress. Preferably very quickly.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Theophany posted:

*voice of bitter experience* it happens. Move on, find somebody to gently caress. Preferably very quickly.
I've known some women I was interested in who were like that, but at no point did I end up naked in bed with them spooning. It was always more like "if they say just friends I move on if I'm interested".

You don't get rewarded for hovering, and if someone is interested in you you'll know real drat fast if you try to show some interest in them and it's reciprocated.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Up until the part where he went home with her I've been in situations like that where I thought the girl was into me but it turned out she really wasn't. But by the end, yeah, what the hell.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
^^
It's an ego stroke for the woman.

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Bonus opportunity to argue about controlling versus boundaries and/or the concept of emotional cheating:

Me (M30) having a lot of jealousy issues with girlfriend (F28) of two years and her new guy best friend (m22)

I’ll admit I wouldn’t quite know how to react to the bolded bit. On the one hand, she’s saying she was thinking about him and got horny. On the other, she got that way during an 8-hour conversation with another dude who may or may not be into her over the course of which she discussed her/their sex life in what may or may not have been intimate detail.
Uh, you break up with her. Your girlfriend shouldn't be spending 8 hours talking to some dude she's known for 2 months about her sex life while getting all horned up. Just give her what she really wants; a breakup.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

^^
It's an ego stroke for the woman.

Uh, you break up with her. Your girlfriend shouldn't be spending 8 hours talking to some dude she's known for 2 months about her sex life while getting all horned up. Just give her what she really wants; a breakup.

What she really wants is the stability of Mr Doormat and the streaminess of an affair with young dude on the side.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Palpek posted:

You are the safety blanket to her Linus, and like linus shes going to put you down so she can rub the ivory alone.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

You are the safety blanket to her Linus, and like linus shes going to put you down so she can rub the ivory alone.

Sometimes Linus lets the safety blanket watch her rub the ivory, so he might have that to look forward to.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Vargatron posted:

I found myself thinking "is this actually a thing?" then I remembered the time that my grandmother told me that she'd rather me be gay than bring a black girl home.

I mean, talk to your GF about it, bro. You're both only 20, I don't think she's wanting to settle down if you're both in school.

I thought about the age but isn't it common in quite a few Asian cultures that if a woman isn't married with children in her early twenties, she must be broken and unmarriable? I wonder if her parents are also pressuring her to get married if they're pressuring her to marry an Asian man.

Hypothetically, of course, since this guy is probably completely wrong and about to torpedo his relationship.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Women's average age at first marriage in Japan is age 29-30, higher than it is in the US (which is 26). Even in mainland China, which is youngest, it's 25.
Very tl;dr on changing norms around marriage in Asia, and that's from 2011, so another 6 years of change

The "Christmas cake" thing (which was never early 20s and not married with kids, just with a man) is from the 80s and is p outdated.

In conclusion, he's nuts and has been doing some MRA reading to think she hit the wall before 20.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I thought about the age but isn't it common in quite a few Asian cultures that if a woman isn't married with children in her early twenties, she must be broken and unmarriable? I wonder if her parents are also pressuring her to get married if they're pressuring her to marry an Asian man.

Hypothetically, of course, since this guy is probably completely wrong and about to torpedo his relationship.

Even so, early 20s and in med school is not the time to get married.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My [24F] fwb [24M] apparently thought I was masturbating while he was sleeping after we had sex and I think it offended him? Kind of a funny story

quote:

So a few weeks ago I was at my FWB's house and in the morning he was acting strange and seemed to want me to leave even though he never acts that way. He was distant and actually pretty rude.. I won't go into the details but I called him out and said I don't want to be treated that way.

He has apologize profusely and I got over it quick.

Anyway, last night I was at his house and he just randomly commented "So did you bring your vibrator again?" I was confused since we never use a vibrator and he told me last time he heard me masturbating with a vibrator while I thought he was sleeping after we had had sex that night.

I was confused but brushed it off. This morning I thought about it again and remembered that night my Apple Watch vibrated pretty loud about 7 times while we were sleeping because my heart was racing and it was notifying me that my heart rate was super high even though I wasn't doing any activity. I remember it kept waking me up.

I have it documented in the health app on my iphone... it shows the times it notified me and what my heart rate was.

So.. should I text my fwb and show him that this must've been what he thought was a vibrator? I think it's funny, but also I think that's why he might've been weird that morning because he felt like he couldn't satisfy me.

That same night when we had sex, I remember we were both drunk and it lasted only a minute and I did say "that's it?" (stupidly). So he must've thought I said "that's it?" and then started masturbating lol.. also would've been rude of me to bring a vibrator and not use it with him.

Also, last night he was going way overboard and trying super hard to make me cum and refused to cum until I do. He's never really been that way and we've been doing this thing for years now.

Should I Text him or is that a weird text to send?

I also don't want him to think it's weird my heart was racing so fast while I was laying in bed next to him...

tl;dr: My FWB mistook my apple watch notifying me multiple times of my high heart rate for me using a vibrator while he was asleep after we had sex. Should I text him and let him know about the misunderstanding or is that weird?

The male ego ladies and gentlemen. Also, if you have a FWB for years you have a boyfriend, congrats.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

LadyPictureShow posted:

Normally I look for the biggest trainwrecks I can, but this one is just really, truly sad.

'You gave up your baby because you weren't in a position to care for him financially or emotionally?! Charlatans!'

Me [23F] and my partner [21M] gave up our child that had down syndrome. I lost my job, our families, and any social standing we had. Please advise

Not everybody is equipped to handle a special needs child, that's all there is to it. Honestly, anyone that gives them poo poo, they should come back with 'so would you have adopted him?' Just like with mental health; special services for those with special needs children are woefully inadequate.

Interestingly the abortion rate for downs syndrome post screening is basically 95%+ around the developed world, except for the united states, where it is around 65%.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Enfys posted:

Ignorant people aren't going to become curious if you treat them like they are mentally disabled when they say ignorant things (I'm talking about ignorance of basic knowledge, not things that tend to involve a moral/value/belief system). No one likes feeling stupid in front of other people, so they'll just avoid talking about anything outside their narrow interests, which creates a self-reinforcing cycle of not thinking about or learning about anything new. Encountering new and varied information regularly is important since it allows you to start making more and more connections between disparate topics, leading to deeper levels of understanding, but you have to be comfortable with admitting your own ignorance first and with putting yourself in socially vulnerable position. If you say something really dumb about the Iran/Iraq war, you can either try to learn more information about them or you can try to avoid ever talking about them so that you won't look stupid like that again. Obviously she's chosen the later and is responsible for choosing to remain ignorant, but she's not acting in a vacuum either. Curiosity is something other people can either encourage or punish as well.

Of all the flaws people can have, ignorance about general knowledge topics is one of the easier to change. You can dump her, you can take out a map and show her New York, or you can post on reddit about how to ask her if she is literally retarded. One of those options is distinctly more dickish than the others.

Yes, encouraging curiosity is very important in children, but it’s their disposition towards seeking knowledge or not is kind of locked in once you’re dealing with adults, which we are.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I love all the animals I got to learn about just by sharing one pointless anecdote.

Here, have some content that makes me terrified of having friends. Which is ok because I don’t I guess?

My (25M) former group of friends (20sMs) blame me for breaking up my ex best friend (25M) and his (now ex) girlfriend (24F)

Why the gently caress do people do things like this?

quote:

Basically, I had a group of people that I was friendly with for around 10 years, since we started high school.

OK, it is super weird if you remain a close friendship with many friends from high school into adult life, you are probably majorly stunted in some way. One friend, OK, maybe the stars just aligned and it turns out you still get along in adult life, two, ehhh, I GUESS it is possible, odds aren't great but if you are still hanging around the same group that is loving weird, by your mid twenties your interests and lives should have diverged enough by then besides the occasional lunch or drink with one or two you don't regularly hang out with your high school lunch table.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [24F] fwb [24M] apparently thought I was masturbating while he was sleeping after we had sex and I think it offended him? Kind of a funny story

The male ego ladies and gentlemen. Also, if you have a FWB for years you have a boyfriend, congrats.

Well he got his didn't he!?!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Three Olives posted:

OK, it is super weird if you remain a close friendship with many friends from high school into adult life, you are probably majorly stunted in some way. One friend, OK, maybe the stars just aligned and it turns out you still get along in adult life, two, ehhh, I GUESS it is possible, odds aren't great but if you are still hanging around the same group that is loving weird, by your mid twenties your interests and lives should have diverged enough by then besides the occasional lunch or drink with one or two you don't regularly hang out with your high school lunch table.

you pick the weirdest goddamn things to get hung up on

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Three Olives posted:

just because you can't maintain a friendship for longer than 15 minutes doesn't mean other people can't or shouldn't

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

you pick the weirdest goddamn things to get hung up on

Who do you know who still regularly hangs out with their friends for high school as a large group? It's weird and tells me they are all developmentally stunted bolstered by the fact that they have that chat.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

[everyone at a wild party suddenly gets real quiet and stares when the person with many long lasted friendships walks into the room]

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Three Olives posted:

This post shows that you're the weirdo, hth

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Many people do this; it helps a lot if your friends from highschool stayed in the same town and had similar life goal ambitions as you and stayed in the same financial circle.

Conversely, I didnt stay in touch with highschool friends because I am boring and they did things like move to russia to teach french after having a mental break coming home to find their girlfriend cheating on them in a devils threesome.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

cowofwar posted:

Interestingly the abortion rate for downs syndrome post screening is basically 95%+ around the developed world, except for the united states, where it is around 65%.

I read a pearlclutching article a while back that said the abortion rate for downs is so high in Iceland that there's practically nobody on the whole island with downs. Their take of course was that this was rank eugenics at best, and more probably actually genocide.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

lol I still have 7-8 people I would consider good friends that are from high school, I've also made dozens of other good friends since then. As for extremely close friends? Probably 2 of those from high school (one is actually from elementary school!) and a 3-4 more from college/after college life.

You, sir, are the weird one, perhaps you picked bad friends in high school, or, most likely, you had no friends in high school.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You can just call it a threesome, you don't have to be like "no no it was the icky gross kind" every time

#MFMsAreValid

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Who do you know who still regularly hangs out with their friends for high school as a large group? It's weird and tells me they are all developmentally stunted bolstered by the fact that they have that chat.
A big portion of my friends that I speak to on a regular basis (via group chats, mostly during work hours since we all have desk jobs) are people I met in high school. There've been people who've drifted in and out over the years as we grow up, but it's entirely possible to both have friends you've met as an adult and still be friends with people who you've known for over a decade. We're all scattered around the country by now, since we've all grown up, went to school around the country, explored the world, got real jobs, settled down, etc.
Despite being different people than we were fifteen years ago, we all still put in the effort to maintain contact because it's genuinely rewarding to see people I like achieve their goals and dreams, get married, have kids, buy houses, and be good parents.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

La Brea Carpet posted:

Lmao. Maybe it's just me, but if my girlfriend was masturbating after we had sex, I would be really turned on and excited. Not, uh, annoyed or pissed off. What a loser. :sad:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

You can just call it a threesome, you don't have to be like "no no it was the icky gross kind" every time

#MFMsAreValid

I just used it for descriptive flair so i didnt need to get technical in a short story of a man deciding russia is where true love could bloom for him.

Ill refer to it as a Texas Longhorn in the future.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

tactlessbastard posted:

I read a pearlclutching article a while back that said the abortion rate for downs is so high in Iceland that there's practically nobody on the whole island with downs. Their take of course was that this was rank eugenics at best, and more probably actually genocide.

I'm still facebook friends with a highschool classmate, probably because I'm a broken human being, and she recently had a baby with downs syndrome. She spent the pregnancy making her persecution complex public by posting articles about how Iceland wants her baby dead and people think she's a monster for not aborting.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

sleepwalkers posted:

A big portion of my friends that I speak to on a regular basis (via group chats, mostly during work hours since we all have desk jobs) are people I met in high school. There've been people who've drifted in and out over the years as we grow up, but it's entirely possible to both have friends you've met as an adult and still be friends with people who you've known for over a decade. We're all scattered around the country by now, since we've all grown up, went to school around the country, explored the world, got real jobs, settled down, etc.
Despite being different people than we were fifteen years ago, we all still put in the effort to maintain contact because it's genuinely rewarding to see people I like achieve their goals and dreams, get married, have kids, buy houses, and be good parents.

See, that is normal.

quote:

there’s around 15 people who actively meet up for drinks/dinner/parties etc once a week.

While still logged in he started getting messages which she saw flash up on the home screen, and the name of the group chat was “stupidbastardfriends sucks dick”. She thought it was the name of a joke chat where we all made fun of each other and I was just specifically being targeted that day so she went in to read the messages to see if there were any good jokes, but it was actually a chat, spanning back months, where the entire group of people that I meet with weekly and thought were my friends were listing everything I do that annoys them, how hideous I am, no wonder my girlfriend cheated on me etc.

Since then, the entire group has been harassing me non stop. I get calls 10 times a day from unknown numbers of them just shouting insults down the phone at me. I get loads of nasty texts as well. I spoke with Heidi and she has been receiving similar abuse from them.

This is developmentally stunted retards. Keeping in touch, that is fine and normal but 15 people are still so in sync developmentally and in life goals and relationships that they meet up every week since high school, that is not normal.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 15, 2017

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
There are probably 4 people from high school that I keep in steady contact with, but I rarely see any of them in person because the closest one lives 4 hours away.

I guess that's a normal situation though, considering that I was in boarding school.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

You havent lived until youve been called a genocidal nazi for saying if you had a deaf child and there was a way to give them hearing you would do it.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Three Olives posted:

This is developmentally stunted retards.
if there's anyone on this forum who doesn't get to talk about someone else being developmentally stunted and/or retarded, it's you

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Three Olives posted:

See, that is normal.
This is developmentally stunted retards
Well, no poo poo! I don't think anyone disagrees that those idiots who're keeping a punching bag around because they can't stand to look themselves in the mirror and accept that they're never going to recapture their glory days of being part of the popular clique in high school are developmentally stunted. The problem is you decided to communicate it like this:

Three Olives posted:

OK, it is super weird if you remain a close friendship with many friends from high school into adult life, you are probably majorly stunted in some way.

And the normal people who have normal friendships with people they've known forever are going "hey wait, you know it's possible to do that and not be a group of massive dipshit goobers trying to hold onto the last shreds of youth by drowning our collective sorrows in alcohol, right?"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

La Brea Carpet posted:

I've known guys that would get pissy if you touched your clit while they were loving you.

Yawgmoth posted:

just because you can't maintain a friendship for longer than 15 minutes doesn't mean other people can't or shouldn't

Most people mature and change significantly from the kids they were in high school. I loved my friends in high school but we have 0% in common now and we're very different people separated by hundreds or thousands of miles. I have maybe one or two friends from high school that I still speak with regularly, but see my college and grad school friends all the time. Not saying Three Olives is right that its weird, just that its not weird or a red flag if you've moved on from high school relationships either.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Having a downs child is like buying a terribly behaved parrot except way more expensive and you can't lock it in a cage with a cover and close the door to the room it is in.

I hate children in general but I get there is a certain appeal to raising a child and seeing it develop into an independent adult that takes care of you in old age and gives you grand children, a downs child is like all the terrible parts of having a child except worse with no upside.

Abort, shut down your poisoned womb and adopt a dog which will be more rewarding than a downs child but a lot less effort and they live like 15 years so they don't become a long term burden to society if or when you can not longer take care of them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

Having a downs child is like buying a terribly behaved parrot except way more expensive and you can't lock it in a cage with a cover and close the door to the room it is in.

I hate children in general but I get there is a certain appeal to raising a child and seeing it develop into an independent adult that takes care of you in old age and gives you grand children, a downs child is like all the terrible parts of having a child except worse with no upside.

Abort, shut down your poisoned womb and adopt a dog which will be more rewarding than a downs child but a lot less effort and they live like 15 years so they don't become a long term burden to society if or when you can not longer take care of them.

Can't blame the womb on this one, it's just hosed up gametes