Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Coolguye posted:

i escape on the boat routinely, but it's only when i'm playing drunk as a skunk

It's true, I'm usually drunk when I'm playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

It's true, I'm usually drunk when I'm playing.

Which explains a lot of things.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Playing drunk just makes roleplaying Jason as an angry dad a little easier

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheBizzness posted:

Got out on the boat once today, 4 more to go.

I’m disappointed there has been no Christmas update. Even if they just gave Jason a Santa hat or something.

I think single player is supposed to be out before Xmas if I'm remembering the road map correctly.

I'd love Santa Jason though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I feel like my main problem with surviving is that the more drunk I am, the more likely I am to think "I've had enough of this dude" whenever I hear Jason's theme kick in, and go looking for him. I had one round where I drat near ran out the clock after he started tunneling me about five minutes in. He managed to catch me shortly before the two minute warning.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Is that "everyone is a counselor but one is the killer" mode out yet?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

joylessdivision posted:

I think single player is supposed to be out before Xmas if I'm remembering the road map correctly.

I'd love Santa Jason though.

They clarified that the snowflake on the map refers to winter, not Christmas.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Paladin posted:

Is that "everyone is a counselor but one is the killer" mode out yet?

That’s an upcoming mode?!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

purkey posted:

That’s an upcoming mode?!

My dude

https://youtu.be/aPWOnK96GGI

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol I had no idea either

That's loving RAD

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Shown on 27th of October. We are still waiting.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I knew they were doing something like that but had never seen that... trailer? Commercial?

loving awesome.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Shown on 27th of October. We are still waiting.

That was right after they had dropped the new map counselors and Jason. They've also been consistently balancing things as well so I'm not really gonna be on their rear end about it.

TheBizzness posted:

I knew they were doing something like that but had never seen that... trailer? Commercial?

loving awesome.

It's loving radical isn't it?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
They're showing the notes ahead of the patch this time.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13843-patch-notes-12122017/

Here's the old c/p.

"Hey all, we're going to do this a little differently and show you the upcoming patch notes a bit before launch. This is not all-inclusive, as we have quite a bit of content coming with the next patch as well, and we don't want to spoil the surprise in patch notes. After release we will update this post to be all inclusive.

Counselors

Large items are now properly hidden for counselors operating the CB radio
Addressed some issues that were causing counselor ragdolls to behave incorrectly
Fox's character model now properly casts a full shadow
Made adjustments to various counselor outfits that were behaving incorrectly
Addressed some issues that were causing players to become interaction locked
Fixed an issue with the baseball bat not properly calculating durability

Jason

Addressed an issue that would sometimes cause Jason to clip through terrain while in shallow water
Addressed an issue causing Jason's own location icon and morph reticle to sometimes not appear on the map
Fixed a bug that allowed Jason to interact with the fuse box while also holding a counselor
Fixed a bug that allowed players to escape Pamela's Sweater stun by activating Jason's morph ability at the exact same time
Made improvements to the camera angles used for Part 4 Jason's cinematic kills
Fixed a bug that caused Part 7 Jason to sometimes behave incorrectly after being stunned by a pocket knife
Fixed a bug that caused some of Jason's environmental kills to allow more uses than intended
Fixed a bug that allowed players to enter combat stance while in the middle of Jason's grab animation
Fixed a bug that prevented Jason's traps from properly triggering when a Counselor is entering a repaired vehicle
Fixed a visual bug that caused Jason’s blocking animation to not show properly after blocking an attack
Fixed a collision issue with Jason's throwing knives

Perks

Medical Sprays will no longer contain extra charges after being dropped by a counselor with the Medic perk equipped.
Reduced the effectiveness of the Heavy Hitter perk

User Interface

Repair Part Icons are no longer able to appear beneath the default Map Location Icons
Fixed a bug that was causing an incorrect amount of kills to be shown on the scoreboard

Sound

Reduced the volume of Part 9 Jason’s music
Fixed various audio issues occurring with some of Jason’s environmental kills

Maps
General

Added additional item spawns to campsites
Lowered the maximum amount of Medical Sprays that are able to spawn in drawers
Increased the minimum distance that the fuse can spawn from the phone box
Added countermeasures to prevent players from parking vehicles in front of Jason’s shack
Removed various exploit spots on all maps
Removed objects on various maps that were blocking the use of some of Jason’s environmental kills

Jarvis House

Added more variation to the possible cabin types and cabin spawn locations
Added additional item spawns and environmental kills in the Jarvis House and Vacation House
Adjusted repair item spawn locations to no longer spawn at inaccessible locations
Corrected various collision issues that were blocking player movement

Higgins Haven

Fixed a bug that caused the "HIGGINS HAVEN 1984" text to sometimes appear during a match
Removed some assets that were spawning inside on another

Higgins Haven (Small)

Removed a tire that would sometimes block the phone repair box by Blair Cove

Matchmaking

Added an option in private matches to toggle Rain On/Off/Random
Made adjustments to the lobby system to more evenly distribute the chances for players to be chosen as Jason
Players who choose the ‘Counselor’ option in the ‘Spawn Preference’ menu will no longer be chosen as Jason (unless there are no other options)"

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 13, 2017

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

quote:

Fixed a bug that prevented Jason's traps from properly triggering when a Counselor is entering a repaired vehicle
Awww yeah

quote:

Added countermeasures to prevent players from parking vehicles in front of Jason’s shack
Didn't know this was a thing, but now I'm disappointed I won't be able to do donuts on Jason's lawn

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 13, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Ghostpilot posted:

Fixed a bug that allowed Jason to interact with the fuse box while also holding a counselor

Why? That was awesome and should have been considered a feature.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Finally a reason to go to campsites

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I wonder if this means that extra items will spawn there, or if the same number of items will spawn on the map - now also distributed to the camp sites.

One is very bad for Jason, one is very good. Door traps are cool, but you're already in trouble if the car is fixed and they are trying to get in IMO.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Update about Virtual Cabin

https://twitter.com/friday13thgame/status/940971787986358274

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

gently caress yes!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I wonder if this means that extra items will spawn there, or if the same number of items will spawn on the map - now also distributed to the camp sites.

One is very bad for Jason, one is very good. Door traps are cool, but you're already in trouble if the car is fixed and they are trying to get in IMO.

it also depends on precisely what will spawn there. stuff shows up it's just nothing you want to touch in the history of ever unless you are one hundred percent desperate.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't see a problem if you're running through a campsite on your way to somewhere and "Ooo look, a med spray!", but yeah if stuff spawns in a far-off campsite in a corner of the map then it could be a problem if the keys spawn there.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Crystal lake, far northwest campsite.

:murder:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/941766991131627520

quote:

It’s Friday Slashers & Counselors. We’re close to releasing the next update for Friday the 13th: The Game, and we have a lot of information to share with you today.

Offline Bots:
Maybe you hate playing online with people. Maybe you want to learn the lay of the land in all the maps. Maybe you just want to practice laying waste to scores of counselors. No matter the why of your situation, today I am happy to announce that the next update of Friday the 13th: The Game will include offline bots.

To access this new feature, you’ll want to select the new “Offline Play” menu item, and then “Offline Bots”. Next up you’ll want to select the map you want to play on, and select your preferred counselor punishing Jason.

Finally, you will be able to select how difficult the bots you play against will be from the 3 difficulty levels included in the update – Easy, Normal, and Hard. The higher the difficulty you choose, the longer counselors will remember you being in the area, the more likely they are to fight you, the quicker they are to react to your presence, the quicker they are to exit hiding spaces when you leave, and the more likely they are to use Medical Sprays smartly.
They’ll fix cars, boats, hide in closets, under beds, in sleeping bags, barricade doors, and more to keep you from making them into another victim. Feel like honing your single prey hunting skills? You’ll be able to select from 1 to 7 counselors in your offline game to ensure that you are playing against exactly how many counselors you want to stalk.

Max Level Increase:
Today I’m excited to talk about one of the new changes coming with our next update; an increase in max player level from 101 to 150. This increase won’t just be a number that keeps getting higher as you play more and earn XP. There are some cool things that you will unlock along the way, and we’re going to talk about a few of those right now.

New for Counselors: More clothing coloring options for Mitch, Fox… and a couple more counselors that we aren’t ready to speak about, yet… allowing you to stand out from the other prey in the match.

New for Jason: get ready to murder pesky counselors in new ways. In the upcoming patch you will be able to unlock two brand-spankin’ new grab kills for Jason, absolutely for free. Well, except for the cost of CP. We’ll also have bloody variations of multiple Jasons allowing you to walk around splattered with blood like the slasher you are.

That’s not all, though. More level rewards will be added in the coming months, and we’ll have more information about them in the coming months.

Holiday Events:
Starting on December 18th and lasting through to the 23rd, your chances of rolling a Rare and Epic perk will be increased. My advice, hoard that CP you collect over the weekend and spend it next week instead.

Starting on December 23rd and running through to the 27th, your chances of finding BOTH Pamela and Jarvis tapes will be increased. If you’re rummaging through drawers and find one, maybe go ahead and be a Chad and keep it for yourself.

Finally, from December 23rd and running through to January 2nd, you will be earning DOUBLE CP. Please note that CP earned from leveling up is NOT doubled, but everything else is.

But when does it come out?
For our Steam and PS4 users, you’re looking at receiving the next update on Monday, 12/18/2017. That is not an exact time, as there isn’t one available.
For our Xbox One players, we expect the update to follow shortly.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
jesus these guys are not loving around when it comes to making the game funner

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What's the deal with the car and Jason's shack?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

jesus these guys are not loving around when it comes to making the game funner

Don't forget all that is in addition to Cabin 2.0

The best dev team :allears:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Don't forget all that is in addition to Cabin 2.0

The best dev team :allears:

Speaking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eelWdDBSTsA

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

What's the deal with the car and Jason's shack?

Since it has the sweater, it might have been about players blocking access to the item because there's no way to enter except through a single door.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How am I on level 50 and just found out you can undo Jason’s traps if your hands are empty and you crouch?

Total game changer.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

How am I on level 50 and just found out you can undo Jason’s traps if your hands are empty and you crouch?

Total game changer.

It doesn't matter if you're hands are empty but you have to have a pocket knife to do this and you won't be able to use it afterward.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Welp. This...this is a thing. I guess someone's taking Labambas place as the counselor that makes Jason tunnel.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Regrettable posted:

It doesn't matter if you're hands are empty but you have to have a pocket knife to do this and you won't be able to use it afterward.

Ahhh this whole time I though I was supposed to drop the pocket knife into the trap and I was just bad at it/dumb.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Now that's just classic Shelly.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I can not wait to murder Shelly as often as possible.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/941799689556582400

:allears::allears::allears::allears:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HATERS CAN SUCK IT :hurr:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So Shelley is in, I want Melissa aka Girl Chad.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Oh my loving god Shelly is perfect for a counselor spot. I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Probably an unpopular opinion, but after playing some MKX again lately I'd be down for seeing Kombatant Jason as an outside the box future Jason choice. Not hard to imagine Jason borrowing an assortment of MK fatalities for his kills, many of which are suitably brutal for this game, and would open some fun options for Jason's weapon - borrowing Kenshi's sword, say, or Mileena's sai.

• Locked thread