Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I also still think Obama is the best presidents in my life, despite his flaws that devastated the nation.

Obama is far and away the best president since LBJ, in the top ten presidents, and overall was an immense disappointment for many people and could've been so much more. These things are all true because you pretty much have to grade all presidents on a massive curve since so many of them have been utter garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I also still think Obama is the best presidents in my life, despite his flaws that devastated the nation.

This is simultaneously true, and the lowest of bars

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The fact that Obama is one of the best Presidents of anyone's lifetime is sort of indicative of why the Democratic party, and American liberalism in general, needs to be radically reformed or pushed out of the way so something better can take its place.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Ganson reminds me of Mark Discordia but I don't know if that guy ever posted here.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Rkjadi has similar-sounding eugenecist rants that the untermenschen born into dying towns must be purged, complete with the thin veil of antiracism to cover the really gross reactionary classist ideals.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Do you own a hedge fund or something, like tell me you're at least making money from this.

Or are you just some idiot who lets Wall Street swindle him to own the left.

Making money from what?

Sorry Obama literally did not declare martial law.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Obama is far and away the best president since LBJ, in the top ten presidents, and overall was an immense disappointment for many people and could've been so much more. These things are all true because you pretty much have to grade all presidents on a massive curve since so many of them have been utter garbage.

Funny how many goons want to remove all historical context to judge Obama but leave it in place to judge the racial legacy of democrats 70 years ago.

Hmm what’s different about this presidents... I WONDER! :iiam:

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 15, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

yronic heroism posted:

Hmm yes if only we removed all historical context to judge Obama (but leave it in place to judge the racial legacy of democrats 70 years ago).

Um, what?

Also Obama didn't need to declare marshal law or kill bankers or whatever, but he should've bent the banks over a barrel and made them pay to bail out everyone's homes, and probably nationalized some of the banks while he was at it. The fact that something on the scale of the Great Depression happened and we didn't get something comparably drastic as the New Deal is in fact a disappointment and missed opportunity.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

See above edit. Observation not meant to be about you LK, after I reread, just a jumping off point.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Good lord one month was too short.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Um, what?

Also Obama didn't need to declare marshal law or kill bankers or whatever, but he should've bent the banks over a barrel and made them pay to bail out everyone's homes, and probably nationalized some of the banks while he was at it. The fact that something on the scale of the Great Depression happened and we didn't get something comparably drastic as the New Deal is in fact a disappointment and missed opportunity.

Have you considered that enriching white collar criminals and setting us up for another boom and bust is actually good, because it owns the left?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

VitalSigns posted:

Have you considered that enriching white collar criminals and setting us up for another boom and bust is actually good, because it owns the left?

I'm not owned, I'm not owned, I continue to insist, as I slowly shrink and transform into a picture of Lenin. :ussr:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Have you considered that as the duly elected philosopher-king Obama could have just done whatever he wanted to the banks without any authorization from Congress or resistance from the Supreme Court?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Have you considered that as the duly elected philosopher-king Obama could have just done whatever he wanted to the banks without any authorization from Congress or resistance from the Supreme Court?

:rolleyes:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

yronic heroism posted:

Do you honestly believe your lies or are you trolling.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The banks were insolvent. Obama could have put them all into receivership under the 1933 Banking Act and then done whatever he wanted with them.

As well the banksters committed a ton of crimes that we've talked about extensively every time some bankster shill tries to argue they were innocent and there's just nothing to convict them of gosh darn it. Enforcing existing law against fraud and white collar crime doesn't require a philosopher king, it just requires a working moral compass and a belief in the rule of law.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 15, 2017

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

VitalSigns posted:

The banks were insolvent. Obama could have put them all into receivership under the 1933 Banking Act and then done whatever he wanted with them.
Do I have to remind you that the banks paid all that money back, plus interest? :smug:

It's like that time I got in a little over my head with credit card debt. I just applied to the government for enough money to live off the interest for a while, then paid back the principal whenever I felt like it, plus a little extra.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

gowb posted:

I have tattoos and have three gfs and make a lot of money, and I hate poor white people but not any other poor people because why can't they be like me, and get multiple bi gfs, cool ironic tattoos, a dog that can scream like a man

lmao

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, I see TB made a kys post. Again.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Koalas March posted:

Lmao why are gifs some kind of white man kryptonite

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

gowb posted:

I have tattoos and have three gfs and make a lot of money, and I hate poor white people but not any other poor people because why can't they be like me, and get multiple bi gfs, cool ironic tattoos, a dog that can scream like a man

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

gowb posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What about a man who can scream like a dog

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

gowb posted:

how much for the dog

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I will vote for Koalas March if her campaign speeches are only in gif form

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

theCalamity posted:

I will vote for Koalas March if her campaign speeches are only in gif form
I'm not sure the media looks favorably on black females when they get animated. :dadjoke:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

What if KMs gifs were anime and manga reactions tho

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

What if KMs gifs were anime and manga reactions tho

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

my reaction when someone says anime is good

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

C. Everett Koop posted:

my reaction when someone says anime is good

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Alt universe anime and manga gif poster km is named Hello Panda

E: km if you need an April fool's gimmick there you go

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

yronic heroism posted:

#resistance

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Majorian posted:

#resistance

Where the hell have you been for the last month?

Edit: half a month. :colbert:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Where the hell have you been for the last month?

Edit: half a month. :colbert:

Nonprofit work gets busy towards the end of the year. Also my city is on fire, wheee. (also lots of Crusader Kings. Mmmm vidjagame heroin)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

politics is real and strong, but not my friend.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
It's good that JC is keeping busy during his time off.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Nonsense posted:

Who is the guy to the left, I feel like I recognize him?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Kilroy posted:

It's good that JC is keeping busy during his time off.

I’m amazed he didn’t appear out of nowhere and try to rush the stage when Nomiki Konst was lambasting Dem strategists at the unity commission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Nonsense posted:

Peter Daou?

• Locked thread