Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Icon Of Sin posted:

If you want to start the most vicious flamewar you’ll ever see on SA, go into the LAN thread for any of the southern states and tell them their bbq method is terrible. That gets out of hand fast :stare:

There's no beans in chili and anyone who says otherwise is asking for it :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Ye gods, what have I wrought :stonklol:

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
You fools!

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Icon Of Sin posted:

Ye gods, what have I wrought :stonklol:

You called in a prophet to speak the truth, that's what

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

In the Northeast "barbecue" and "grill" are used as synonyms.

I do not agree with this practice but it is a sad fact.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I feel we should be sending y'all missionaries.

We barbecue prawns and lamb chops on a beach, you haphazardly burn your meat. I think its clear who is doing this right.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Xiahou Dun posted:

In the Northeast "barbecue" and "grill" are used as synonyms.

I do not agree with this practice but it is a sad fact.

JBP posted:

You want to fuckin go, mate?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I think we can all agree that grilled corn on the cob in the husk is delicious and is the one true way to properly cook corn.
Also propane and propane accessories are garbage things for garbage people. Charcoal or bust. :colbert:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Barbecuing to me means dad spends an hour on one of those disposable tray ones on a windy beach and you all end up eating half cold sausages. Well that's my bbq story frerp thread.

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

wtf jill im not a bear!!!

A dossier and a state of melted brains: The Jess campaign has it all.

Jagged Jim posted:

I've been to Seattle several times and I've never even heard of this.

Carts selling them are all over Belltown around closing time, and for good reason - they’re amazing drunk food.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep scrapper is back up, and it's super weird that I'm going to use this project for a job inteiew. Next week.

e: catch your fav comment

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Dec 16, 2017

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I have never met anyone who says grilling instead of Barbeque.

Born and raised in VA near DC, dad from N. California, mom from Philly. I've always heard barbecue and grill (as a noun, adjective, and and verb) used interchangeably, regardless of the food being cooked.

[="PostNouveau" post="479392308"]
[/quote]

Freep thread speaks the truth.

Did FReep freak out at all about the Flynn plea and some of the more recent revelations re: Russia, or is it still all just fake news?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Aumanor posted:

R. Guyovich and Fans

Thanks! Sent a pm

Also: loving lol at freep being old enough to discriminate against the Irish.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

You all should have known a forum now known for its Krusty threads would have strong opinions on grilling.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

PostNouveau posted:

Beans and spices are what make the chili, meat is optional.

ftfy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A barbecue is just a braai without boerewors. A sad affair. :vuvu:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
At least the closest thing Florida has to a distinctive state dish is the Cuban sandwich, and that's a drat tasty option regardless of whether you like them Tampa style with salami like a normal person or are a Miami-based heretic and go without.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
For some reason, I'd always assumed the second civil war would over something political. But it's clear to me now that the battle that truly ends this republic will be fought over food.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Keeshhound posted:

For some reason, I'd always assumed the second civil war would over something political. But it's clear to me now that the battle that truly ends this republic will be fought over food.

Specifically, "Do pineapples go on pizza?" :can:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

Heck yeah they do.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Its literally the only valid topping.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?

RagnarokAngel posted:

You're a monster.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Plinkey posted:

Freep scrapper is back up, and it's super weird that I'm going to use this project for a job inteiew. Next week.

e: catch your fav comment

Excellent. Need to get back to your PMs.

In other news, the idiots at the Trump administration have removed climate change from the list of national security threats. If you're wondering why it was there, things like, oh, I dunno, multi-year droughts as weather patterns change can cause things like civil unrest and revolutions. The entire thread is one giant "yay we're winning" circlejerk that makes me want to crawl through the internet and kill them all.

There's only one worthwhile post in the thread and oh boy is it something.

quote:

This issues drives democrat art history of trans lesbian wicca worshipers married to muslim trees more crazy than nearly all others combined. Even more than forcing me to pay for their birth control and subsequent abortions caused by having their ankles permanently wedged behind their heads receptive to any herpes encrusted phallus that shambles by as long as he has a violent streak and is unemployed and living in his moms basement. Winning at long f@&%# last

5 posted on 12/15/2017, 5:29:32 PM by dsrtsage (One half of all people have below average IQ. In the US the number is 54%)

e: for the record, pineapple is acceptable on pizza when combined with jalapeno and pepperoni.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 16, 2017

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

forcing me to pay for their birth control and subsequent abortions
I... what?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I... what?

Because it doesn't work, you see. Or they just get it to snort it. Or the babies snort it. It is a wacky liberal world.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Zipperelli. posted:

No, because they are vile and not fit for human consumption.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

McGlockenshire posted:

e: for the record, pineapple is acceptable on pizza when combined with jalapeno and pepperoni.

:bisonyes:

I am enjoying that freep is slowly turning on Trump.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Admiral Ray posted:

:bisonyes:

I am enjoying that freep is slowly turning on Trump.

There's nothing slow about it; they've been turning on and then reembracing him ever since he was sworn in. It's just how they are.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Guavanaut posted:

I... what?

Government helping fund healthcare for women = enabling women to be dirty filthy sluts and avoid the consequences of their actions, to Freepers.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Even so, a lot of the most reliable forms of birth control (implant, IUD, injection) are basically apply once and then have a medical check up/repeat next year, and overall prevent thousands of abortions.

I know that they want women to be abstinent before marriage and barefoot and pregnant after, while at the same time all men should be having sex, but god forbid that it's with another man, but "birth control and subsequent abortions" is dumb as hell by even that metric.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
FReep: trans lesbian wicca worshipers married to muslim trees

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RagnarokAngel posted:

What about octopus and artichoke hearts?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Guavanaut posted:

Even so, a lot of the most reliable forms of birth control (implant, IUD, injection) are basically apply once and then have a medical check up/repeat next year, and overall prevent thousands of abortions.

I know that they want women to be abstinent before marriage and barefoot and pregnant after, while at the same time all men should be having sex, but god forbid that it's with another man, but "birth control and subsequent abortions" is dumb as hell by even that metric.

To Freepers, it's simple. Women should be punished for having sex under any circumstances except with their husband for the purposes of procreation - and even then, the right wing cares more about fetuses than actual babies and children.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fulchrum posted:

gently caress, I'd try it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Icon Of Sin posted:

If you want to start the most vicious flamewar you’ll ever see on SA, go into the LAN thread for any of the southern states and tell them their bbq method is terrible. That gets out of hand fast :stare:

There's only one "barbecue", and it involves vinegar and red pepper flakes. Everything else is just poo poo that some rear end in a top hat put ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise on like they were making a goddamn hot dog.

Keeshhound posted:

The only moral victor in such a conflict would be the Tar Heel State. After we move the Blenheim factory north of the border, anyway.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Keeshhound posted:

gently caress, I'd try it.

That wasn't sarcasm, btw, my local joint offers that on custom pizzas and it's delicious.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Fulchrum posted:

That wasn't sarcasm, btw, my local joint offers that on custom pizzas and it's delicious.

Checks out, octopus is delicious and - properly cooked - is super tender.

Try a linguica, garlic, and artichoke pizza if you can.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

This sounds really good and I would definitely eat it.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Please don't eat octopus :(

They're probably sapient creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

This.