Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
News from Finland: the biggest newspaper published an expose about the sigint activities of the Finnish Defense Forces, which are not very exciting in itself, but all of it is beyond top secret. And the documents that the expose is based on are only available on the highest levels of government. So we got a up-high whistleblower of who's motivation we know absolutely nothing!

Exciting times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A canadian pharma billionaire and his wife were found dead in their home.

A good start.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/941737646807769088

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

How does it play out if Donnie successfully tanks Mueller's investigation and the Republicans do nothing?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A good start.

Murder is good how?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

How does it play out if Donnie successfully tanks Mueller's investigation and the Republicans do nothing?

I don’t think it’ll get that far. Eventually, the Republicans will have to look at Trump’s egregious, authoritarian conduct and eventually come to the conclusion that they’ll have to put country before party and intervene to- hahahahahahaha they’ll never turn on Trump, especially now that he’s signing their tax bill and deep-throating corporate cock with extra slobber and complimentary ball fondling.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Trump gave the CDC a list of banned words and phrases.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.77385def6ed1

edit: and one more source stating Trump is rumored to fire Mueller as early as next week.
https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2017/12/15/congresswoman-speier-says-republicans-trying-to-shut-down-russia-probe/

bloops fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 16, 2017

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

cowboy elvis posted:

Trump gave the CDC a list of banned words and phrases.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.77385def6ed1

I do disease research. This kind of poo poo is chilling / pisses me off so so god drat much.

This from a party that abhors 'political correctness'. I remember as a kid that we used to poke fun at Soviet / Chi-comm scientists because they had to suppress results that 'did not agree with ideology' and here we are starting the same loving thing. loving disgusted.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Murder is good how?

lol

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That Works posted:

I do disease research. This kind of poo poo is chilling / pisses me off so so god drat much.

This from a party that abhors 'political correctness'. I remember as a kid that we used to poke fun at Soviet / Chi-comm scientists because they had to suppress results that 'did not agree with ideology' and here we are starting the same loving thing. loving disgusted.

Yea. It's all unsettling.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A good start.

I read he was actually a big philanthropist but I admit my first reaction to the headline was an eager "it begins".

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’m a uh... fullonrapist?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

If Donnie fires Mueller and is allowed to get away with it I'd honestly say your country is beyond saving.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/omarosa-donald-trump-racial-not-racist_us_5a33e557e4b040881be9f178

quote:

“Donald Trump is racial, but he is not a racist”

quote:

“The things that he says, the types of pushback that he gives, involve people of color. These are racial exchanges”

quote:

“Yes, I will acknowledge many of the exchanges — particularly in the last six months — have been racially charged. Do we then just stop and label him as a racist? No.”

what the gently caress do words even mean

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That is certainly one way to frame being a racist.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Prop Wash posted:

what the gently caress do words even mean

Brain worms

Also I've been seeing rumours of the XFL coming back lol does the WWE feel like losing millions again or are they gonna try and appeal to Real Americans who want nude cheer leaders and the KKK (QB: Manning) playing the Raiders (Kaepernic is the only player)?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
American Voter Bot tweets out individually polled people's political identity, various opinions, and how they voted in 2016. There are some pretty funny results.
https://twitter.com/American__Voter

I'll quote some so as not to Twitter all over the place.

quote:

I'm a 34 yr old, college-educated white man. I'm a conservative Republican who opposes deporting illegal immigrants, supports mandatory minimums, opposes raising the min. wage, and supports the ACA.

I voted Hillary Clinton in 2016.

quote:

" I'm a 23 yr old, college-educated Hispanic man. I'm a moderate Republican who opposes deporting illegal immigrants, supports the ACA, supports raising the min. wage, and supports the Clean Air Act.
I didn't vote in 2016."

quote:

I'm a 60 yr old, non-college-educated white woman. I'm a liberal Democrat who opposes deporting illegal immigrants, opposes mandatory minimums, supports raising the min. wage, and supports the ACA.

I voted Jill Stein in 2016.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Murder is good how?

Of billionaires, yes

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Of billionaires, yes

Which ethical framework are you using?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Kill em all and let god sort em out.

https://twitter.com/TrumpsAlert/status/941812640308912130

:thunk:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

2017!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

DoktorLoken posted:

Just political poo poo. If you elect a moron as President, then elect morons in Congress to back him up, you're hosed for two years and there's nothing you can do about it, besides fiddling on the margins.

The key is that to axe Mueller, Deputy AG Rosenstein would have to be fired. Then, Trump would have to plow through deputy attorney generals until they found one that would agree, Saturday Night Massacre-style. Tax cuts are about to go through, but they're polling terrible, Trump's already at 35% approval, with only 58% of Fox News viewers approving of him, and campaigns are about to start.

I think Republicans won't do anything, but there's a solid chance that they cut their losses and gently caress up Trump to keep their jobs in the 2018 election. The next major thing on the Republican docket is "entitlement reform" and I'd be absolutely shocked if that gets anywhere in the Senate.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

If Donnie fires Mueller and is allowed to get away with it I'd honestly say your country is beyond saving.

I'd say actual civil uprising would be called for at that point. Too bad the ones with the guns all love Trump!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bob dobbs is dead posted:

word "infestation" is for nonhuman things friendo

It comes to mind whenever DnD leaks into here to troll.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

cowboy elvis posted:

edit: and one more source stating Trump is rumored to fire Mueller as early as next week.
https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2017/12/15/congresswoman-speier-says-republicans-trying-to-shut-down-russia-probe/

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT! (massacre)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

the one in which there is no ethical existence of health care billionaires

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

GoGoGadget posted:

I'd say actual civil uprising would be called for at that point. Too bad the ones with the guns all love Trump!

I'm convinced it would be more asassinations and truck bombs then gun wielding mobs.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 16, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

GoGoGadget posted:

Well her husband was/is a Marine so I guess in a way she was thanking him for his service

I'm sure he was thrilled when he found out about her website and photography business.

Edit:
I'm concerned that if Donny actually finds/installs someone to fire Mueller, everything official just falls away. The only investigations going on after that are the media, but the govt refuses to take action. Someone tell me how this isn't possible.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 16, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

GoGoGadget posted:

There will be protests but they will last a weekend and then everyone will go home.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

I'm sure he was thrilled when he found out about her website and photography business.

I assumed he would’ve been in on the whole gig.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

boop the snoot posted:

There will be protests but they will last a weekend and then everyone will go home.

I don't think you're acknowledging how rapidly the country is solidifying against this current iteration of government. It's not a simple issue of democrats/liberals/what have you being angry about policy and potential reform; poo poo like net neutrality, taxes, and national security cut a rather large swath across the vast majority of the populace. And it's not like the GOP/Trump Administration have been playing their hand close. they're incredibly brazen about it all. This doesn't go unnoticed. You gotta be sincerely ignorant to not see which ways the winds are blowing.

A democrat won in Alabama. I mean come the gently caress on.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

I assumed he would’ve been in on the whole gig.

It was a pre-coffee joke about her doing this on the side while he's deployed. I'll see myself out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

cowboy elvis posted:

I don't think you're acknowledging how rapidly the country is solidifying against this current iteration of government. It's not a simple issue of democrats/liberals/what have you being angry about policy and potential reform; poo poo like net neutrality, taxes, and national security cut a rather large swath across the vast majority of the populace. And it's not like the GOP/Trump Administration have been playing their hand close. they're incredibly brazen about it all. This doesn't go unnoticed. You gotta be sincerely ignorant to not see which ways the winds are blowing.

I still have neighbors with Trump signs in their yards.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

cowboy elvis posted:

Yep, sounds like the resistance will be over by New Years. Liberals will make a resolution to attempt to be bipartisan and take the high road by disarming themselves of guns to set an example for the rest of the country.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

He won because the guy he ran against dated really young girls

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

Voting takes a day. The level of give-a-poo poo required to do anything about Trump firing Mueller would take way longer.

Just like voting, people would plan a day (maybe a few) to protest and then just complain about it on social media.

With all that Trump has done I don’t see firing Mueller being the straw that finally gets thing going the way they should.

I think we are beyond the tipping point and need to stop putting our hopes into anything other than the 2020 election.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

The liked tweet said that Pedophilia is a disorder and not a crime.

If his kids were assaulted I wonder if he’d feel the same way?

I’m going to be sick... gently caress this family.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

His sister probably was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

boop the snoot posted:

Voting takes a day. The level of give-a-poo poo required to do anything about Trump firing Mueller would take way longer.

Just like voting, people would plan a day (maybe a few) to protest and then just complain about it on social media.

With all that Trump has done I don’t see firing Mueller being the straw that finally gets thing going the way they should.

I think we are beyond the tipping point and need to stop putting our hopes into anything other than the 2020 election.

No, you’re right. There is no historical precedent of a president trying to torpedo a special counsel going badly for him.

Not everyone is as stillborn in attitude as you are either.

• Locked thread