Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly if you were going to do FFVII bosses I'd do the WEAPONs before any of the plot bosses, but they might want to save those for something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
So long as this ends up with Turks glamours I’m all for it.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Fister Roboto posted:

Eureka's not even going to be until 4.25. I really don't have high hopes for this. SB relics might as well never happen.

Good riddance. I have very little faith Eureka would be anything but a miserable disaster if they let anyone involved with the diadem anywhere near it. And you know they would.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

When are we getting Blitzball dang it

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly if you were going to do FFVII bosses I'd do the WEAPONs before any of the plot bosses, but they might want to save those for something else.

1) FF7 is unlikely to be Omega wing 2 because they aren't going to have Sephiroth be what amounts to the mid-boss of an expansion's raid cycle.

2) The WEAPONs are going to be the trial encounters in the expansion where we invade Garlemald because there are no native primals to fight. :colbert: and Nero will get super mad that some other rear end in a top hat stole his Ultima Weapon work

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Given Ultima weapon was an allagan thing that will probably be the theme for the other weapons when they show up

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Question about breeding stinky horsebirds for the track.

The way it works is: I get a chocobo, race it up while stuffing feed in its mouth, retire it; get a chocobo of the opposite sex, do the same; get a covering permit and collect my new chocobo, hopefully packed full of Lamarckism upgrades.

Or do I have to retire both of them first? I'm unclear how this works and the help files weren't very clear.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Nessus posted:

Question about breeding stinky horsebirds for the track.

The way it works is: I get a chocobo, race it up while stuffing feed in its mouth, retire it; get a chocobo of the opposite sex, do the same; get a covering permit and collect my new chocobo, hopefully packed full of Lamarckism upgrades.

Or do I have to retire both of them first? I'm unclear how this works and the help files weren't very clear.

You would retire both, but there's no real reason to level up a second bird, at least at the beginning since you can buy coverings.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Hunter Noventa posted:

I would almost be totally behind this happening.

Though I still think it would be amazing if they could pull from other Square games entirely. seeing Chrono Trigger or Xenogears in Omega would be mind-blowing.

But a lot of that is me wanting to hear Soken's take on Mitsuda's work. Esepcially the likes of Battle with Magus or Emperor of Darkness.

Still holding out for Life is Strange. Even contains music for Soken to remix!

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 16, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Failboattootoot posted:

You would retire both, but there's no real reason to level up a second bird, at least at the beginning since you can buy coverings.
Oh, I thought it was saying I needed two chocobos and had to buy a permit for Chocoboning, so I just would need the one and then a covering, presumably of high level?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Failboattootoot posted:

Even then, a second bird is only if you want to get a perfect 4/4 with the colouration and natural traits you want.

With lady luck on your side, you can get a functionally perfect chocobo with just coverings.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Nessus posted:

Oh, I thought it was saying I needed two chocobos and had to buy a permit for Chocoboning, so I just would need the one and then a covering, presumably of high level?

Level doesn't really matter so much as the stars of the chocobos parents. It's dumb. Use this: https://www.mooglemedia.com/off-to-the-races/

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thundarr posted:

1) FF7 is unlikely to be Omega wing 2 because they aren't going to have Sephiroth be what amounts to the mid-boss of an expansion's raid cycle.

This, also, anything FF7-related is probably decreed to be off-limits from upon high until the FF7 remake comes out so they can do cross-marketing stuff anyways.

(this is probably also why we don't have the motorcycle yet, even though mount speeds now support it not looking dumb.)

edit: FFXV PC port is coming out some time between now and the end of Stormblood, right? If a wing is going to get earmarked for any game, FFXV would be it. Again, so they can do cross-marketing poo poo.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Dec 16, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

With lady luck on your side, you can get a functionally perfect chocobo with just coverings.

The main difference between retired chocobo's and buying coverings is that you get 10 shots out of a retired bird covering while you only get 1 shot out of any covering you buy.

That will add up to a hell of a lot of GP spent if you try to go that route. Retiring your own bo's and using them as a constant to game the system cuts down on the RNG involved massively.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I want a raid branch to be IX related if only because of complete favoritism.

It has some fights and set pieces that could be incredibly awesome though. Black Waltz 1 + Sealion, Valia Pira, Nova Dragon, and Kuja are all fights that come to mind that could be mechanically interesting and have really good potential to be good setpieces for scenery. Can you imagine the Desert Palace reimagined in full HD?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Ansem, Xemnas, Xehanort, Old Xehanort. I need this. And also a Keyblade glamour for all the classes that could use the scythe. And a wind-up Sora for O8 or whatever.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Grr...I need to wait for my DS4 before I can clear event.

https://twitter.com/ff_igarashi/status/941689559800147969

Also in a related note I need to keep tanking my life away for the DRK mounts.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Alder posted:

Grr...I need to wait for my DS4 before I can clear event.

https://twitter.com/ff_igarashi/status/941689559800147969

Also in a related note I need to keep tanking my life away for the DRK mounts.

There are job-specific mounts?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Tank jobs get special mounts for doing enough tanking and WHM gets a unicorn at 30.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Darth Walrus posted:

PLD gets a lion, WAR gets a bear, and DRK gets a coeurl.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

EponymousMrYar posted:

The main difference between retired chocobo's and buying coverings is that you get 10 shots out of a retired bird covering while you only get 1 shot out of any covering you buy.

That will add up to a hell of a lot of GP spent if you try to go that route. Retiring your own bo's and using them as a constant to game the system cuts down on the RNG involved massively.

It can be a lot of MGP, but it also saves you the frustration of grinding up multiple chocobos while losing most of your races because you don't want to blow grade 3 feed until you have already produced your actual good chocobo.

In my case my rank 7 had a pretty nice group of stars, so my current plan is to have two of its kids from coverings retire and then breed them together until I get that lucky 19 or 20 star bird. Here's hoping they don't come out with two heads or three wings or something.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tanks get two different mounts. I've just about got my second PLD mount.

To get these you need to tank 300 high level ARR/HW duties for the first and 300 high level SB duties for the second.

High level duties means binding coil, savage raids, extreme primals, and minstrel's ballads.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 16, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wouldn't be opposed to Blitzball if it was fun like in X, albeit with less of the tedium. The Gold Saucer needs more mini-games and a battle arena.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It has some fights and set pieces that could be incredibly awesome though. Black Waltz 1 + Sealion, Valia Pira, Nova Dragon, and Kuja are all fights that come to mind that could be mechanically interesting and have really good potential to be good setpieces for scenery. Can you imagine the Desert Palace reimagined in full HD?

Wasn't that the last two sections of Alexander and at least one boss from Void Ark?

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Im like 90% sure that boss from Fractal Continuum (Hard) they showed during the Live Letter that looks like a giant tomestone is Valia Pira.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wouldn't be opposed to Blitzball if it was fun like in X, albeit with less of the tedium. The Gold Saucer needs more mini-games and a battle arena.

Wasn't that the last two sections of Alexander and at least one boss from Void Ark?

Ark Cruise Chaser and Ozma are basically straight lifted from IX yeah. Alexander Prime not so much.

Veks posted:

Im like 90% sure that boss from Fractal Continuum (Hard) they showed during the Live Letter that looks like a giant tomestone is Valia Pira.

poo poo I forgot a live letter happened I need to watch that.

Anyways, if IX has already gotten enough rep (it will never get enough rep) then I'll second the vote for either VIII or X. I've never been too fond of VIII but drat if it doesn't have some great material for some raid content.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I want the last Omega wing to be XI, and for everyone to freak out at the similar-but-different versions of all the races

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

In order to beat the final raid boss you have to use all 5 Limit Breaks.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Countblanc posted:

I want the last Omega wing to be XI, and for everyone to freak out at the similar-but-different versions of all the races

Or they would, but Shantotto has already cleared it and there's nothing left for you to fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Alexander Prime not so much.

The wings made me think of IX's Alexander.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Actually yeah you have a point. I never really jumped to IX in my brain when doing Alex Prime but I totally see it now.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

It can be a lot of MGP, but it also saves you the frustration of grinding up multiple chocobos while losing most of your races because you don't want to blow grade 3 feed until you have already produced your actual good chocobo.

In my case my rank 7 had a pretty nice group of stars, so my current plan is to have two of its kids from coverings retire and then breed them together until I get that lucky 19 or 20 star bird. Here's hoping they don't come out with two heads or three wings or something.

I used grade 1 feed until rank 4 and got on fine. I'm still using grade 2 feed up at 6/7 and while I don't have a perfect record I can get into the top 3 easily enough. They're cheap enough that you can break even/make a bit of MGP off of races alone by doing this.

You don't need Grade 3 feed until you hit R-200+ (because you WILL need it there.)

Edit: Also you'll be spending something like 65/70k MGP on Grade 3 Feed alone maxing out your perfect Bo and that's kind of a lot by itself.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 16, 2017

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Countblanc posted:

Nah.

Jailer of Love, Pandemonium Warden, Absolute Virtue, Shantotto.

Perfect.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Nah.

Jailer of Love, Pandemonium Warden, Absolute Virtue, Shantotto.

Perfect.

:unsmigghh:

I adore that Shantotto gets a shoutout as Shatotto, one of the original black mages of mhach

seriously though, main story bosses like kam'lanaut, eald'narche, the shadow lord and promathia would be rad. probably some more good ones in the expansions after aht urhgan, though the main boss guy in that was alexander so obviously that's out

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

:unsmigghh:

I adore that Shantotto gets a shoutout as Shatotto, one of the original black mages of mhach

seriously though, main story bosses like kam'lanaut, eald'narche, the shadow lord and promathia would be rad. probably some more good ones in the expansions after aht urhgan, though the main boss guy in that was alexander so obviously that's out

More than just a shoutout, play the 60-70 BLM missions.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

More than just a shoutout, play the 60-70 BLM missions.

I am being informed of how little I knew by my static friends as we speak and for gently caress's sake am I going to level a goddam dps job

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The Football Manager games are always super popular right? Make that but for Blitzball.

Alternatively, turn Blitzball into a fantasy football league.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Mordiceius posted:

The Football Manager games are always super popular right? Make that but for Blitzball.

Alternatively, turn Blitzball into a fantasy football league.

X-2 tried that. Turns out a lot of people hated it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Brainamp posted:

X-2 tried that. Turns out a lot of people hated it.

Yeah, I don't remember anything of Blitzball in X-2. I just remember that the combat itself was :krad:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The combat in X-2 was arguably the high point of the series, but the minigames were super not great.

And if the Sigmascape speculation party is still going, Jecht is definitely the fight I'd love to see most. While I wouldn't want them to just rehash the Exdeath transition, starting the fight out against human Jecht and Braska and then switching out to Aeon Jecht would be cool imo. Also I just really want to hear Challenge or Otherworld again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

EponymousMrYar posted:

I used grade 1 feed until rank 4 and got on fine. I'm still using grade 2 feed up at 6/7 and while I don't have a perfect record I can get into the top 3 easily enough. They're cheap enough that you can break even/make a bit of MGP off of races alone by doing this.

You don't need Grade 3 feed until you hit R-200+ (because you WILL need it there.)

Edit: Also you'll be spending something like 65/70k MGP on Grade 3 Feed alone maxing out your perfect Bo and that's kind of a lot by itself.
Oh, was I not supposed to be doing that? I was just plowing in my cactpot winnings really