Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

looks like someone made a jre toon that's pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7pry8P4AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

bjj guy alleged aubrey is rapist and eddie blocked him from bjj tourney
:thunk:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Blocked whomst

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
En ingles?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Aubrey being a rapist is not shocking.

That guy creeps me out.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Travis Newaza, a guy that did catch and BJJ alleges that Aubrey offered him a spot on the eddie bravo invitational if he'd sleep with him. Weird story and i'm curious to know if it goes anywhere.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The best living comedian is on today, Doug Stanhope!

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I can understand loving a man to be the next Selena Gomez, Stifler or w/e but just for a spot on an EBI show is a bit much.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Pocket Billiards posted:

I can understand loving a man to be the next Selena Gomez, Stifler or w/e but just for a spot on an EBI show is a bit much.

I understand, but in grappling, it's a pretty big thing. Also, the guy refused, it's aubrey (whom I've never heard about before those allegations came out) that offered and got turned down. Has anyone addressed this?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

uh yeah he changed his name again now its just marcus

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

warrior poet

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

sticher is great for podcasts

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

this is fire
(no brandon slob either!!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdO8Vd7cPoQ

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Those two guests are incredibly obnoxious human beings

cbehnen9
Apr 1, 2011

An Apple A Gay posted:

uh yeah he changed his name again now its just marcus

Just imagining that dude explaining his new name change really tickles my fancy

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

yeah he's got the mind of a serial killer no doubt, born into incredible privilege only to use it to screw momos

i can imagine somebody tripping so hard in the jungle they come back to change their name, but on the other hand I can imagine a psycho lying about it too

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I hate admitting this because I feel like such a moron in hindsight but I did drugs in the jungle too. Most of the people who were there with me were super depressed or idiots. One guy thought all of the missing children had been abducted by the Jews and turned into McDonald's burgers. He was not kidding.

In other words, I am not surprised Aubrey or whatever his name is now is a dummy.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

a dingus posted:

I hate admitting this because I feel like such a moron in hindsight but I did drugs in the jungle too. Most of the people who were there with me were super depressed or idiots. One guy thought all of the missing children had been abducted by the Jews and turned into McDonald's burgers. He was not kidding.

In other words, I am not surprised Aubrey or whatever his name is now is a dummy.

Tell me more, I promise I don't judge.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Apparently the Blink 182 dude is not as crazy as you probably thought he was, if you listened to his JRE episode: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/16/pentagon-ufo-search-harry-reid-216111

He does have secret government contacts and the aliens are real.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 16, 2017

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Odddzy posted:

Tell me more, I promise I don't judge.

What do you want to know? Ayahuasca is disgusting. It tastes like chocolate and some chemical poo poo you'd find underneath your sink and thinking about it makes me want to gag 4 years later. Drinking it gave me awful spins and nausea... worst loving experience of my life. I almost poo poo my pants, couldn't walk and forgot I was sitting on the toilet when I made it to the bathroom.

A lot of the people there had some pretty deep seated emotional issues. Depression, general sense of being lost, some people didnt share why they went. One Indian guy had done it 14 times... I couldn't figure out what his angle was but I think his family was disappointed with him.

Most of them were hippy conspiracy theory people. Sandy Hook didn't happen, 9/11 was an inside job, can't trust science (except for the science behind the plane you flew in to get there!) McDonald's burger guy thought sun screen gave you cancer so never wore any.

I did it because I thought acid was fun so why not try this? I came home $2000 poorer and with a case of the shits.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I dipped out hard from this podcast around the Billy Corgan episode (which was excellent btw). Any good episodes from then until now? I'm looking at the Carlin and Stipe episodes mainly but let me know if anything else was good.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

a dingus posted:

What do you want to know? Ayahuasca is disgusting. It tastes like chocolate and some chemical poo poo you'd find underneath your sink and thinking about it makes me want to gag 4 years later. Drinking it gave me awful spins and nausea... worst loving experience of my life. I almost poo poo my pants, couldn't walk and forgot I was sitting on the toilet when I made it to the bathroom.

A lot of the people there had some pretty deep seated emotional issues. Depression, general sense of being lost, some people didnt share why they went. One Indian guy had done it 14 times... I couldn't figure out what his angle was but I think his family was disappointed with him.

Most of them were hippy conspiracy theory people. Sandy Hook didn't happen, 9/11 was an inside job, can't trust science (except for the science behind the plane you flew in to get there!) McDonald's burger guy thought sun screen gave you cancer so never wore any.

I did it because I thought acid was fun so why not try this? I came home $2000 poorer and with a case of the shits.

Interesting. How do you vet a guy that's supposed to guide you through the trip? How did you meet the other guys? Only men would do it?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

I dipped out hard from this podcast around the Billy Corgan episode (which was excellent btw). Any good episodes from then until now? I'm looking at the Carlin and Stipe episodes mainly but let me know if anything else was good.

The recent Neal Brennan and Duncan episodes were entertaining. CT fletcher was good although a lot of it was just discussing some Twitter disagreement they had. Also, it didn’t seem popular ITT, but I enjoyed the Doug Stanhope episode.

Edit: just remembered the Owen Smith episode was awesome. Probably my favorite recent one. I’m from the same area as him growing up so that may have something to do w it.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Malaria posted:

Apparently the Blink 182 dude is not as crazy as you probably thought he was, if you listened to his JRE episode: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/16/pentagon-ufo-search-harry-reid-216111

He does have secret government contacts and the aliens are real.

He was definitely trying to shill ownership in his company but he absolutely knows his poo poo

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

great another white intellectual, might as well have andre bitcoinopalous on for a fifth time

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was just going to complain that the guest was another boring rear end nerd there to blow Joe's mind for the thousandth time, but you're right. The real issue is he's a loving honkey.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol rekt

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

bango skank posted:

I was just going to complain that the guest was another boring rear end nerd there to blow Joe's mind for the thousandth time, but you're right. The real issue is he's a loving honkey.

i'm a momo
you're a momo

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

don't know where else to post this

best your mom's house episode in a while: dr. drew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJkkihtD2A

definitely worth watching/listening to

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
The recent Bret Weinstein episode, do they actually talk about interesting things in biology or is it just about campus politics like the last one?

Would listen to the former but couldn’t care less about whatever the hell goes on in American colleges.

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 20, 2017

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

don't know where else to post this

best your mom's house episode in a while: dr. drew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJkkihtD2A

definitely worth watching/listening to

YMH needs it own thread. It's by far my favorite pomcast

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

machines within
machines within

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Odddzy posted:

Interesting. How do you vet a guy that's supposed to guide you through the trip? How did you meet the other guys? Only men would do it?

It was facilitated by some English guy... he was working as the interpreter for the Peruvian shaman. I had done some internet searched for reviews on the place and it seemed ok. And it was for the most part. The "shaman" was also a farmer who was into sustainability and I enjoyed hanging out on his farm a lot more than the tripping part. I thought the English guy was odd and he was for reasons I'll get into.

I met the other participants in Iquitos when I landed. Half were cool the other half were nuts. There were some women in the mix who seemed fairly normal as far as people doing drugs in the rain forest go.

What struck me odd is everyone there was very masochistic. They were all interested in "cleansing" and putting themselves through some lovely experiences for some kind of self enlightenment. One day everyone did a "tobacco cleanse"... we were instructed to drink a glass of warm tobacco juice, wait 20 minutes and then chug a gallon of warm water so that you vomit violently. I told them all they were nuts and dumb for wanting to willingly do that.

Someone ended up dying doing the tobacco cleanse a few months later. Apparently he couldn't vomit up all of the juice and got nicotine poisoning and died screaming in pain. The facilitator told him he had to tough it out as the tobacco was cleansing him. They no longer do the tobacco purge. Those people are so open minded their brains fell out long ago.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

a dingus posted:

It was facilitated by some English guy... he was working as the interpreter for the Peruvian shaman. I had done some internet searched for reviews on the place and it seemed ok. And it was for the most part. The "shaman" was also a farmer who was into sustainability and I enjoyed hanging out on his farm a lot more than the tripping part. I thought the English guy was odd and he was for reasons I'll get into.

I met the other participants in Iquitos when I landed. Half were cool the other half were nuts. There were some women in the mix who seemed fairly normal as far as people doing drugs in the rain forest go.

What struck me odd is everyone there was very masochistic. They were all interested in "cleansing" and putting themselves through some lovely experiences for some kind of self enlightenment. One day everyone did a "tobacco cleanse"... we were instructed to drink a glass of warm tobacco juice, wait 20 minutes and then chug a gallon of warm water so that you vomit violently. I told them all they were nuts and dumb for wanting to willingly do that.

Someone ended up dying doing the tobacco cleanse a few months later. Apparently he couldn't vomit up all of the juice and got nicotine poisoning and died screaming in pain. The facilitator told him he had to tough it out as the tobacco was cleansing him. They no longer do the tobacco purge. Those people are so open minded their brains fell out long ago.

I find all that super interesting, what piqued your interest in doing the trip and going into the jungle for this? If it's too personal, where did you learn about this stuff?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'd imagine theres something to it just like the people who smoke frog venom for addiction or whatever it's just that now that its a thing there are probably more people trying to cash in on the popularity by just getting you hosed up in a weird setting than there are people who know about dosing/whether someone should even be doing the drugs etc.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 21, 2017

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I think I agree with you, but seeing someones perspective on the whole thing that actually participated in it and seems able to recognise some of the seedier aspects of it is very entertaining to me.

Edit : I like the Joe rogan thread because no matter if the guest or Rogan says something I can or don't agree with, It creates interesting discussion. I did have some preconceptions on the type of people that would go do an Ahuyasca trip and it's kind of confirmed to me in this conversation but it's quite fascinating.

Odddzy fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 21, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Odddzy posted:

I think I agree with you, but seeing someones perspective on the whole thing that actually participated in it and seems able to recognise some of the seedier aspects of it is very entertaining to me.

oh yeah, of course

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Odddzy posted:

I find all that super interesting, what piqued your interest in doing the trip and going into the jungle for this? If it's too personal, where did you learn about this stuff?

I was a bored 22 year old college kid who wanted to do something adventurous so I booked a ticket. I was almost looked down upon being there for fun and not trying to find an answer of some sort. I actually learned about it through JRE (stupid, I know) and a few other places.

The story I was told was that the Shaman was doing the ceremonies to support his cocoa farm and chocolate business. I really wonder how much that guy ever saw considering it was $800 for 5 days and we slept in wood huts and ate river fish while we were there. Just to give perspective, nice hotels were $50 a night in the city.

Here's an article about the kid who died, sad really:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-14/grieving-parents-issue-warning-on-ayahuasca-danger/8345808

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Malaria posted:

YMH needs it own thread. It's by far my favorite pomcast

It's a great show. If kill Tony had better audio it would be amazing but that's where redban ended up so that explains that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao rogan's in the new will smith orc cop netflix movie interviewing an orc on the podcast