Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I expect Shelly to be played as Shelly as possible. "Guys, I'm running around in circles by the other councilors making lots of noise because it's hilarious! Why won't Tiffany sleep with me? That bitch!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I hope there's an achievement for picking up Part 3 Jason's mask as Shelly.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

What's the deal with the car and Jason's shack?

You could park the car blocking the door. People would hide inside and a driver would park so when they get out they are inside the shack. There was nothing Jason could do at that point to get to the counselors.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

King Vidiot posted:

I hope there's an achievement for picking up Part 3 Jason's mask as Shelly.

Back to its rightful owner

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheBizzness posted:

I can not wait to murder Shelly as often as possible.

God can you imagine an offline game of nothing but Shelly? :allears:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
mildly surprised they didn't go with chad and tiffany making out in the shelly intro video

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

mildly surprised they didn't go with chad and tiffany making out in the shelly intro video

Apparently there's SOME kind of story going on with the counselors because Gun Media's videos keep showing specific pairings.

Chubs is pining after Tiffany, Adam and Goth Girl are a thing, Jenny is after Chad while Kenny watches jealous as gently caress, and the others just kind of exist without any pairing yet.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

Apparently there's SOME kind of story going on with the counselors because Gun Media's videos keep showing specific pairings.

Chubs is pining after Tiffany, Adam and Goth Girl are a thing, Jenny is after Chad while Kenny watches jealous as gently caress, and the others just kind of exist without any pairing yet.

Dibbs on Vanessa then

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Burkion posted:

Fox is trying to sabotage the campers after a run in with Shelly, the old guy has just eaten a bunch of raw weed so he's not having a great day either way.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

Fox is trying to sabotage the campers after a run in with Shelly, the old guy has just eaten a bunch of raw weed so he's not having a great day either way.

Mitch either is out there because one of them called him so they could buy weed, or Mitch is actually a kindly old hippie who wants to give some brownies from his organic bakery to those nice kids down at the camp but that drat Jason is just ruining every.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

adam and aj are the best male and female counselors respectively so im fine with them boning for the next gen teenager project

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I thought Adam would be the counselor I would use most when I first got the game. Well he's ended up being among the counselors I've used the least.

I guess it shows how my priorities have changed since when I first started playing. I use Tiffany, Vanessa, Kenny and sometimes Jenny (although I think she pretty bad).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MacheteZombie posted:

What's the deal with the car and Jason's shack?

I guess you could just park it in front of the shack, get out and wait out the whole round and Jason wouldn't be able to get inside.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

I guess you could just park it in front of the shack, get out and wait out the whole round and Jason wouldn't be able to get inside.

It's more the fact that you can trap players inside.

There's no other way out

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

I thought Adam would be the counselor I would use most when I first got the game. Well he's ended up being among the counselors I've used the least.

I guess it shows how my priorities have changed since when I first started playing. I use Tiffany, Vanessa, Kenny and sometimes Jenny (although I think she pretty bad).

ur bad

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Burkion posted:

It's more the fact that you can trap players inside.

There's no other way out

And they'll win, it's a great idea. I want to hold up in the shack with the car as defense.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Adam, Mitch, Kenny, and AJ in no particular order.

Fox would be up there but she needs some new clothing options.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Vanessa usually, Buggzy if I just want to beat up on Jason. I've been considering Fox since she has alright speed and stamina, and also repair above 5, but I haven't gotten a chance to play in forever.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Fox is probably a better option for me than Mitch but I’m a sucker for a tie dyed shirt.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

I main Deb so I can suicide rush objectives.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

smdh @ all these cats who do not just use random

FULLY EMBRACE THE CHAOS THAT IS TO COME

ALL RANDOM

ALL THE TIME

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

Fox is probably a better option for me than Mitch but I’m a sucker for a tie dyed shirt.

I really want to like Mitch but he's just too slow. If they had given him one or two more points in his speed stat I would use him a lot more. I play Chad about 80% of the time now and I'm probably better at repairing things with his 2 than a 6 or 7 repair. The meter starts to move too fast with the higher repair stats and unless I'm Tommy or (god forbid) LaChappa and only have to make 2 easy presses, the last press is just me guessing what's going to pop up.

e: It might be a little easier now that I'm not playing on a TV and have a nice monitor with really low input lag, but I've only played a few rounds since getting it.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 17, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Regrettable posted:

I really want to like Mitch but he's just too slow. If they had given him one or two more points in his speed stat I would use him a lot more. I play Chad about 80% of the time now and I'm probably better at repairing things with his 2 than a 6 or 7 repair. The meter starts to move too fast with the higher repair stats and unless I'm Tommy or (god forbid) LaChappa and only have to make 2 easy presses, the last press is just me guessing what's going to pop up.

e: It might be a little easier now that I'm not playing on a TV and have a nice monitor with really low input lag, but I've only played a few rounds since getting it.

Ooo I can't imagine playing with input lag

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Coolguye posted:

ALL RANDOM

ALL THE TIME

This guy gets it. Playing random changes up how each match plays and keeps things fresh.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Coolguye posted:

ALL RANDOM

ALL THE TIME

I tried but I was tired of getting Jenny 80% of the time.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

TheBizzness posted:

I tried but I was tired of getting Jenny 80% of the time.

That's funny, Adam is my most common. But yes, SURRENDER TO CHAOS

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Coolguye posted:

ALL RANDOM

ALL THE TIME

I still only random on counselor. With Jason, I pick one of the Jasons who doesn't suck because being Jason is a rare treat and I don't want that experience to get ruined with a loving Part 7, 9 or Generic 3.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My problem with random is the "I've had enough of this dude" instinct I mentioned before. You do NOT want to find yourself hitting Jason in the back of the head with a pipe as AJ.

Also Part 8's my boy :frog: If I had Part 4 he'd probably be my main, I love Destruction

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Danaru posted:

My problem with random is the "I've had enough of this dude" instinct I mentioned before. You do NOT want to find yourself hitting Jason in the back of the head with a pipe as AJ.

Also Part 8's my boy :frog: If I had Part 4 he'd probably be my main, I love Destruction

I get some good hits in as AJ, but I've switched to Fox for the time being...

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Danaru posted:

Part 4 is really good for early round but his awful shift, slow water speed, and only having 3 traps combine to make him one of the worst late round Jasons in the game. If they changed just one of his weaknesses he'd probably be the best.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Being able to chop down doors with 3 strikes early give you the ability to really open up all the cabins though.

The lack of traps is the only thing that is really a pain for me.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

His shift being really bad can be a pretty big hindrance on most of the maps, but actually works very well on the Jarvis map for the most part. Trying to shift through one of the two main houses with someone who has fast or even normal shift is a nightmare.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
If your Jason has a poor shift (part 2, 4 and 7), you'll want to prioritize the car over something like the phone. Once the car gets going, you going to blow most of your resources trying to stop it and - chances are - even then it's still going to fail.

Part 2 will have an easier time with this after tomorrow's patch as you will then be able to trap the driver-side door and not have it be bypassed by the getting-in animation.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I don't know if people have gotten better at driving or what, but man I can't pin down the cars anymore once they get moving. The best I can do is hope I can spook the driver into not stopping for anyone as they drive backwards through the woods dodging trees :shepface: Meanwhile any time I'm a counselor, the driver immediately drives full force into a lamppost, and suddenly I'm getting hauled out of the window before I even notice Big J's theme

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I can't wait to lose my life again once the bots drop.

I wonder if you'll still get (reduced) xp and will the progress towards achievements still count? I've got every kill with Jason bar the graveyard fence one and maybe... MAYBE now I'll get it.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Drunken Baker posted:

I wonder if you'll still get (reduced) xp and will the progress towards achievements still count? I've got every kill with Jason bar the graveyard fence one and maybe... MAYBE now I'll get it.

I'm still missing nine of them and have no idea what a few of them are. :(

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Drunken Baker posted:

I don't see why it wouldn't go towards your achievements, although I know they said they would be adding challenges to single player which sounds like a fun idea.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I don't know why we can't flesh out our PM's with bots.

Just try to imagine the interaction potential with Burk.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

That would certainly make smaller lobbies less of an issue if you're stuck waiting with only four people.

Although I'm looking forward to Paranoia when that finally drops as a match option because I'm excited as hell to see how that madness plays out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You best believe I'm looking forward to it

Sadly I think that very eventuality is why we are not allowed to be survivors with survivor bots

• Locked thread