Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"Keep your powder dry" is not a phrase I'd ever expect to see coming from this side of the fence, but yknow, 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I meant what I said earlier. If Trump's allowed to shut down this investigation and gets away with it, your country is pretty well beyond saving.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

mods change my name posted:

just lmao if you think the gop would do anything about this.

Nonsense. They'd be quite concerned, and some would frown disapprovingly. There could even be strongly worded tweets!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Donnie Dumbfuck's lawyer has also been feeding him the line that it will all be over by then as well and he will obviously be found both innocent and a perfect strategic mastermind for doing everything perfectly like only he could.

When reality intervenes he's not gonna take it well.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope Mueller has something in place to do leaks in the event he gets fired.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There is the possibility that if Meuller gets fired that a state AG just picks up him and his team and let's him continue to run wild.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Just wait until Erik Prince offers up Trump some 'private security' to deal with the protest groups :ninja:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Casimir Radon posted:

If you think firing Mueller will stop stupid watergate, you’re smart enough to be president.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Casimir Radon posted:

The legally mandated procedure requires a report to congress of findings regardless of outcome

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

If you think firing Mueller will stop stupid watergate, you’re smart enough to be president.
I just don't want a major disruption to the inevitable conclusion.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

You can guarantee that Mueller has contingencies in place all the way down.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

You can guarantee that Mueller has contingencies in place all the way down.

We said that about Comey and nothing ever came of it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

boop the snoot posted:

Mueller has talked with Comey?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Comey's contingency is Mueller.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

Mueller has talked with Comey?

Read the line of posts.

1. I hope Mueller leaks stuff if he gets fired

2. Yeah he has a contingency in place

3. We said that about Comey and nothing came of it

Obviously this isn't referring to talking to the next investigator.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

boop the snoot posted:

Comey's exhaustive memos of every meeting he had with Trump was one of the triggers for Rosenstein appointing Mueller as independent special counsel in the first place.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Comey's exhaustive memos of every meeting he had with Trump was one of the triggers for Rosenstein appointing Mueller as independent special counsel in the first place.

So Mueller's exhaustive investigation will...

... trigger a continuation of this investigation?

That's not Mueller's contingency, that's how it would go regardless.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

Mueller gonna break into the whitehouse with a tape recorder and wake trump up and force him to confess

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Read the line of posts.

1. I hope Mueller leaks stuff if he gets fired

2. Yeah he has a contingency in place

3. We said that about Comey and nothing came of it

Obviously this isn't referring to talking to the next investigator.

Comey doesn’t have to use a “contingency” so long as Mueller is running the investigation.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

put tape recorder in pocket, turn it on, and ask trump "off the record, did you do it?"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

put tape recorder in pocket, turn it on, and ask trump "off the record, did you do it?"

just ask him on Twitter

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

Comey doesn’t have to use a “contingency” so long as Mueller is running the investigation.

are you agreeing with me since i said "comey didn't have a contingency plan like we all thought" or not?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bah gawd go ahead and rape people, steal their money, collude with the Russians! Just so long as I get my participation trophy for being born white!
-Average Republican voter

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

are you agreeing with me since i said "comey didn't have a contingency plan like we all thought" or not?

I’m saying if there was such a thing he would not have had to use it yet.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

The investigation will continue if Mueller gets fired. It will be taken over by a civil servant who can't be removed until an alternate is appointed by the deputy AG.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-will-have-a-hard-time-stopping-the-russia-investigation-even-if-he-fires-mueller/

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Rumor has it that he's set to hand off the entire case to the NY State AG if that happens.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Zeroisanumber posted:

Rumor has it that he's set to hand off the entire case to the NY State AG if that happens.

Who then turn around and hire him?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Zeroisanumber posted:

I was about to say, him getting fired (unlikely but possible) with a bunch of names still sealed could have them opened and arrested.

This isn’t something that’s gonna blow over. There will be protests. Protests will eventually turn to riots. Watching your constituents tear your state apart for not continuing the investigation is good motivation to keep it up.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

You know what the most bizarre thing to me is, is Trump saying 'if you look at my finances you're crossing a line.' How could you possibly make yourself look any more guilty?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
R’s will let trump get away with it because they’ve been complicit in muddying the waters already with raising hell demanding investigations over uranium, Democrat collusion with Russia, butter emails, and more

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

You know what the most bizarre thing to me is, is Trump saying 'if you look at my finances you're crossing a line.' How could you possibly make yourself look any more guilty?
Guilt is for little people. He's a 70 year old cheese-brained dementia patient that's been a purebred narcissistic rear end in a top hat his entire life and has gotten away with throwing enough money and lawyers at this exact behavior for every day of his life from birth until now. He's been rewarded for it his entire life, there's no way he sees it as being guilty looking now.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mueller gonna break into the whitehouse with a tape recorder and wake trump up and force him to confess

I'm imagining something more along the lines of the last scene in The Departed, Mueller with medical booties on.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

at the date posted:

I'm imagining something more along the lines of the last scene in The Departed, Mueller with medical booties on.

that gives me an idea

which i am far too lazy to implement tonight

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The news about the Pentagon declassifying its UFO research program has me terrified at the prospect of us making first contact during the Trump presidency. Specifically, Trump shoving an alien envoy out of the way so he can be at the front of a group picture, effectively dooming the entire planet to extinction.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Kinda like that Star Trek mirror universe first contact where instead of shaking the Vulcan's hand the dude pulls out a sawed off and they loot the alien ship

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

The news about the Pentagon declassifying its UFO research program has me terrified at the prospect of us making first contact during the Trump presidency. Specifically, Trump shoving an alien envoy out of the way so he can be at the front of a group picture, effectively dooming the entire planet to extinction.

hahhaahahahahahahaha it would loving happen too

and you just know he'd be telling the aliens about how he won by the biggest margin in history

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

hahhaahahahahahahaha it would loving happen too

and you just know he'd be telling the aliens about how he won by the biggest margin in history

The aliens would land in Moscow and greet Putin as the leader of the Earth.

Trump would whine about it on Twitter.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A canadian pharma billionaire and his wife were found dead in their home.

A good start.

Any billionaire that doesn't have 2-4+ former SOF armed security 24/7 in and around their house at all times and a sophisticated security surveillance system is a loving idiot and is too stupid to live.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

Lol any intelligent species would know we have a smooth brained retard as leader. They'll gently caress us up any which way they please, regardless of Donnie dumbfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bored As gently caress posted:

Any billionaire that doesn't have 2-4+ former SOF armed security 24/7 in and around their house at all times and a sophisticated security surveillance system is a loving idiot and is too stupid to live.

Aren't these things a murder suicide or a jilted lover or something personal like that far more often than not? Can't think of the last time there was a targeted political murder of anyone like that even in the US. Come to think of it, it's kinda surprising more desperate people aren't shooting up board meetings or courtrooms rather than churches and classrooms.

• Locked thread