Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I'm burnt out on the Star Wars IP/got tired of eating Lucas's chocolate, so I looked at spoilers for TLJ immediately.
Glad everyone is enjoying TLJ.

Can pinpoint my burn out on Star Wars to when the teaser trailers for Bioware's SWOTOR were coming out.
Saw the following video, and was "hey it's that scene from Attack of clones, that bit from Return, the thing from empire, the slomo from "etc, for the entire trailer, and just stopped following Star Wars stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm4JEZudf0c

However, if DisneyFox re-releases the classic Star Wars trilogy movies remastered without the Lucas enhanced content, that's an instant buy,
I'm burnt out on Star Wars, but not totally dead inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm dead inside then. It would just be another cash grab. I bought the original trilogy a decade ago on dvd, and I'm pretty sure the exwife snatched it when she left. Doesn't matter, poo poo's always on TNT anyhow.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

I'm burnt out on the Star Wars IP/got tired of eating Lucas's chocolate, so I looked at spoilers for TLJ immediately.
Glad everyone is enjoying TLJ.

Can pinpoint my burn out on Star Wars to when the teaser trailers for Bioware's SWOTOR were coming out.
Saw the following video, and was "hey it's that scene from Attack of clones, that bit from Return, the thing from empire, the slomo from "etc, for the entire trailer, and just stopped following Star Wars stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm4JEZudf0c

However, if DisneyFox re-releases the classic Star Wars trilogy movies remastered without the Lucas enhanced content, that's an instant buy,
I'm burnt out on Star Wars, but not totally dead inside.

Check out the Despecialized Edition

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/id/12713/page/1

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Despecialized Edition owns

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if you're into b-grade horror that has high production value (like I am), "Slasher" on netflix is pretty good.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Looking at the comparisons you can really see how much Lucas hosed up the "special" edition

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I have a set of the Star Wars original trilogy dvds that has a dvd of enhanced lucas digital remaster + a seperate dvd of the non-touched up original theatrical releases.
Even blurry, the original theatrical releases hold up way better than the lucas enhanced content versions.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 17, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Those untouched DVDs were kust ripped straight off the laserdiscs, so they weren't evwn DVD quality. Yet they still look better.

The 2004 DVDs had more changes yet and hosed up color correction. For instance in ANH Luke's lightsaber looks green instead of blue.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Those untouched DVDs were kust ripped straight off the laserdiscs, so they weren't evwn DVD quality. Yet they still look better.

The 2004 DVDs had more changes yet and hosed up color correction. For instance in ANH Luke's lightsaber looks green instead of blue.

Just checked my versions. Luke's lightsaber in ANH is pale blue, happiness.
Everything except the spaceships in space scenes in the untouched DVDs looks like native 480p mode, and can definitely see the film-grain when fullscreen at native Surface device resolution (2736x1824)
The spaceship models in space shots have the old school digital overlay effect where the model have a lighter black background than the rest of the screen.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Naked Bear posted:

I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet. I've effectively quarantined myself from most of the internet, until such time as I can see it... but a few minutes ago, I made a mistake and opened Facebook. Right loving there, as soon as I opened it, some rear end in a top hat had a big, in-your-face spoiler. I don't know if it's true, I don't loving want to know, I just want to say, "gently caress you." That poo poo's not cool. :mad:

I got spoiled for TFA before it even came out in the US. Because some rear end in a top hat posted spoilers in the middle of a conversation about VA benefits.

Casimir Radon posted:

On my VHS copy of ANH, Luke's lightsaber was kind of an aqua green in a few scenes.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've got some dvd box set I bought years ago and haven't watch forever. No idea what version they are.

All I want is a version with the original content and some of the special effects cleaned up...like...no more light saber "blades" that don't line up with the handle, seeing outlines where an item was spliced into a scene, that kind of stuff.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

I've got some dvd box set I bought years ago and haven't watch forever. No idea what version they are.

All I want is a version with the original content and some of the special effects cleaned up...like...no more light saber "blades" that don't line up with the handle, seeing outlines where an item was spliced into a scene, that kind of stuff.

Fox owning the redistribution rights to ANH + Disney buying Fox means that what you want to happen Godholio is very possible now.

The 2006 Star Wards dvd releases are what I have: 2 dvd set for each movie: one dvd with the enhanced lucas version, one dvd with the original theatrical release.
For now, they are good enough for me, especially since the handbrake tool exists.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got a new poster for the garage

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

that's pretty metal

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
For a poo poo beer that's a cool poster

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

HEY.

I loving love Rainer beer.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's my favorite of the pisswater beers, half because their 70s/80s ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWQK_O8UdQ

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

so michelob ultra is doubling down on their racist white golfer target demographic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGepUHX-jWM

I have no idea why they're singling out mexican beers other than TRUMP

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

so michelob ultra is doubling down on their racist white golfer target demographic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGepUHX-jWM

I have no idea why they're singling out mexican beers other than TRUMP

What kinda red-blooded MAGA warrior cares about calories?

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

ElMaligno posted:

So I might be moving to Astoria Oregon next year. Pretty neutral about it, except for the bah pay cut img gonna get.

Neutral? Have you even seen the Goonies my man? Hop on your turd cutter and see if you can find out where One Eyed Willie's pirate ship sailed off to once it busted out of that cave.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Naked Bear posted:

I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet. I've effectively quarantined myself from most of the internet, until such time as I can see it... but a few minutes ago, I made a mistake and opened Facebook. Right loving there, as soon as I opened it, some rear end in a top hat had a big, in-your-face spoiler. I don't know if it's true, I don't loving want to know, I just want to say, "gently caress you." That poo poo's not cool. :mad:

It’s true. Chewie eats a porg.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

RichieHimself posted:

Neutral? Have you even seen the Goonies my man? Hop on your turd cutter and see if you can find out where One Eyed Willie's pirate ship sailed off to once it busted out of that cave.

im not going to be on a cutter, but one of my friends is a goonies fan so i might get some astoria swag for him.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGaBU5cKluU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Schlitz had the most artfully rendered and gayest posters ever. A gay couple who are friends of my girlfriend and I decorated their old apartment with posters like this:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tom of Finland's more subtle work as a subversive ad-man.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

What kinda fruit pours beer into a glass on a picnic?

....oh.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
There's no reason to pour your beer into a glass unless it's coming out of a tap.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

There's no reason to pour your beer into a glass unless it's coming out of a tap.

Same reason you don't drink wine out of the bottle like the terrible drunks and winos we all are.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Speak for yourself, heathens. Certain good beers (fancy stouts, sours, etc.) belong in a glass even if poured from a bottle.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Took my wife for a colonoscopy today, then we went to go eat and got rear ended! :yayclod:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nick Soapdish posted:

Same reason you don't drink wine out of the bag like the terrible drunks and winos we all are.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Took my wife for a colonoscopy today, then we went to go eat and got rear ended! :yayclod:

At least her rear end was numb the second time.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Drinking wine out of a Pepsi can ftw

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

Same reason you don't drink wine out of the bottle like the terrible drunks and winos we all are.

but it's hard to buttchug if you pour it in a glass

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I take beer pours in my glass of wine

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

DoktorLoken posted:

Speak for yourself, heathens. Certain good beers (fancy stouts, sours, etc.) belong in a glass even if poured from a bottle.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

It's all grape juice to me.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Proud Christian Mom posted:

gently caress eating after getting scoped. All I wanted to do afterwards was go home and rip bloody farts into the toilet.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, mil history nerds, you know that WWI play-by-play on YouTube? Well, those dudes (and others) want to do Dubya Dubya Two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH_O2cCLIGc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Naked Bear posted:

Hey, mil history nerds, you know that WWI play-by-play on YouTube? Well, those dudes (and others) want to do Dubya Dubya Two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH_O2cCLIGc

That WWI project is actually pretty amazing, so if this takes off I can only assume it will be just as well done, but probably even better with the wealth of info out there about WWII

• Locked thread