Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Keep spags on at head coach imo. He might not be the best guy for the job but he understands the kind of team the Giants are and plays to their strengths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Dear “Big” “Dick” Nick Foles and the Eagles offense, you had some drops and Blount still kinda sucks but overall that was a real good game.

Dear Eagles special teams, huge game, thank you.

Dear Eagles defense, what the gently caress.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Cowboys..........still have a chance.....

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Eli Manning, 4-14 against the Eagles since 2009.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nick "Nick loving Big Dick Foles" Foles.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

El Patron posted:

Wentz has outperformed them all this season,

nah. especially after how good Foles looked today.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Eagles D got lit up by the Giants lol

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I just realized Jeff fuckin' Heath is the reason the Cowboys still have a realistic shot at a WC.

:psyberger:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

:shepface:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

I'm still betting 8-8 is more likely but hell the Mavericks are playing their way to a top 5 pick, the Stars are dull & average, and spring training is months away, let me have this.

At least I've lived in Vegas for 15 years and the Golden Knights are doing ok :shobon:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
There's been only 5 weeks this season where the Eagles haven't scored over 30 points. And only 1 week where they haven't scored over 20

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

the Cowboys are gonna clown the Seahawks then lose to the Eagles resting their starters because that's the way this season has to end

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Zeke will run for 300 yards on Philly.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

a new study bible! posted:

Zeke will run for 300 yards on Philly.

Nah, if anything the receivers will clown us for 300 yards, our run D has been a buzz saw this year.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Phobeste posted:

Nick Foles for your Dick Holes

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Worse game so far for Darby in an Eagles jersey, even with the pick. That D was horrible yesterday and has been for 3 weeks now.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Should have had like 6 INTs,

Secondary + Bradham is going to be running catching drills + Tip Drills all week

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol Sidney Jones is going to be a playoff starter.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Lol Sidney Jones is going to be a playoff starter.

Yeah I was against this on principle but holy poo poo the corners look so loving bad that he can't possibly be worse.

I just hope we don't RG3 him

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I'm still betting 8-8 is more likely but hell the Mavericks are playing their way to a top 5 pick, the Stars are dull & average, and spring training is months away, let me have this.

At least I've lived in Vegas for 15 years and the Golden Knights are doing ok :shobon:

Cowboys might finish 9-7 but they're not going 8-8. Eagles will be resting game 16 because their playoff position will be set before kickoff. I figure they go 10-6 but likely miss playoffs because wild cards will be 12-4 and 11-5

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cowboys might finish 9-7 but they're not going 8-8. Eagles will be resting game 16 because their playoff position will be set before kickoff. I figure they go 10-6 but likely miss playoffs because wild cards will be 12-4 and 11-5

Even if the last wildcard is 10-6, they might beat the Cowboys on tiebreakers (Atlanta). The Cowboys will knock out the Seahawks with a win next week, but they basically need Detroit and Atlanta to finish 9-7

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eagles will be resting game 16 because their playoff position will be set before kickoff.

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/942561843469578240

tl;dr: Over the last ten years, teams that have rested their starters with a first round bye have gone 3-6 in their first playoff game. Teams that played their starters, whether or not they needed to win that final game, had a combined record of 9-2.

My opinion: Foles needs the snaps, and if you are playing your starting QB, all starters should play.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/942561843469578240

tl;dr: Over the last ten years, teams that have rested their starters with a first round bye have gone 3-6 in their first playoff game. Teams that played their starters, whether or not they needed to win that final game, had a combined record of 9-2.

My opinion: Foles needs the snaps, and if you are playing your starting QB, all starters should play.

They should play their starters so Foles isnt sitting out for 2 weeks, he needs as many snaps before the playoffs as possible.

Also gently caress losing to the Cowboys, we need to 6-0 the division.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah it's a long shot regardless of how it shakes out, but the cowboys are dropping 1 of their two remaining at most.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Foles should play but I’m not so sure about other big starters

Curious to see how we do with Zeke back next week. I’ve got a feeling he will either be amazing or complete rear end so we will see

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Foles should play but I’m not so sure about other big starters

Curious to see how we do with Zeke back next week. I’ve got a feeling he will either be amazing or complete rear end so we will see

You want to keep the receiving core in there to keep the flow going with Foles.

I dont see the point in resting them tbh (besides injuries). Momentum can be loving huge going into the playoffs so keep that poo poo going.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Giants fans, we own you:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/942760404803112960

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Foles will probably start, but there is no way he plays all 4.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Foles will probably start, but there is no way he plays all 4.

Yeah. Play them a half or so

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I’d bench Foles. I’d rather teams not get more tape of him in Doug’s offense. He didn’t look rusty like he needs reps and the history is he gets figured out eventually.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

FuriousxGeorge posted:

...the history is he gets figured out eventually.

Is it? I would think that it is Chip’s system that got figured out more so than Foles individually.

I’ll admit I didn’t watch him on the Rams at all so you might be bringing this as evidence and I’ll concede the point

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's only going to matter if 3 other teams lose this week so not like we can say anything yet. Most likely case is neither dallas nor philly have anything to play for and starters won't be in the whole game.

If the stars align and dallas wins a wildcard slot with a victory they're going to roll the gently caress over the eagles who have nothing to play for.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eagles will be resting game 16 because their playoff position will be set before kickoff.

It seems to me like the Eagles definitely will have the tiebreaker over the Vikings, so any win or any Vikings loss will give them homefield. Which means an Eagles loss to the Raiders and a Vikings win at Lambeau--neither of which seems shocking--would give Philly something to play for in week 17. And both teams play at 1:00pm. If Philly beats Oakland or the Vikings stumble against Green Bay though, then yeah, Philly will clinch HFA.

(Tiebreaker stuff:)

Of the three teams that could catch the Eagles purely on record, all would lose out on tiebreakers, which is also why they've already clinched a bye. Philly owns the head to head against Carolina. The Eagles are 10-1 in the conference, so even a loss to the Cowboys keeps them ahead of the Saints who stand at 7 - 3.

If the Eagles and Vikings end up with the same record at 13 - 3 or 12 - 4, they could both own a 10 - 2 NFC record, so the next tiebreak is win-loss-tie record in common games. The Eagles and Vikings had 4 opponents in common this year, the Panthers, Rams, Redskins, and Bears. The Eagles are 5 - 0 against these teams while the Vikings are 3 - 1, with one game left against the Bears.

Maybe more interesting then is Dallas' tiebreaks.

Ahead of Dallas are the Seahawks, Lions, Falcons, and Panthers. It's also possible the Rams or Saints could lose out and lose their division, and end up as 10-6 teams looking for a Wildcard spot. The Falcons beat the Cowboys earlier, so Dallas needs Atlanta to lose at least two more games. If Dallas beats the Seahawks, and assuming Atlanta gets at least two losses in their three remaining games (@Saints next week and vs Carolina wk 17 seems the best bet), then that leaves Dallas chasing the Lions. The Lions are 7 - 4 in Conference and Dallas is 6 - 4, so they could both win out to end with 8 - 4 Conference records. Then it's down to record against common opponents, and Dallas loses here. Common opponents are the Packers, Giants, Cardinals, Falcons. The Lions are 3 -1 in these games with one to play against the Packers in Week 17. The Cowboys are 3 - 2 in these games. In the scenario where both teams win out, the Lions take the tiebreak with a win in week 17 against the Packers. If both teams are tied at 9-7 and the Falcons lose out, and the Seahawks lose out, and the Lions' loss is to the Packers and not next week, then Cowboys-Lions would move down to Strength of Victory and then Strength of Schedule, since both teams would own 7 - 5 conference records.

The Cowboys have wins against the following teams:

pre:
Giants		 2	12
Redskins	 6	 8
49ers		 4	10	
Cardinals	 6	 8
Chiefs		 8	 6
Raiders		 6	 8
for a SoV of 32 - 52, a wining percentage of .381. If they win out, and we assume Seattle goes 9 - 7 and that the Eagles beat the Raiders, this would lift their SoV to 54 - 62, a .466 win percentage is the best case scenario for the Cowboys without making assumptions about the play of the other teams they've beaten in the next two weeks. (In this scenario the Seahawks are eliminated from the 3-way tiebreak by virtue of having 5 NFC losses after losing to Dallas next week. would also have to look at Seattle's SoV here, lol NFL tiebreaks)

The Lions have wins against the following teams:

pre:
Cardinals	 6	 8
Giants		 2	12
Vikings		11	 3
Packers		 7	 7
Browns		 0	14
Bears		 4	10
Buccaneers	 4	 9
For a SoV of 34 - 63, an abysmal winning percentage of .351. With only the Bengals and Packers left on the schedule there isn't much there for them to improve with. Beating the Bengals adds another 4 win team onto the pile, and the Packers are already included in the SoV--beating them actually hurts them on this tiebreak (though they may need the win just to get this far).

So it looks like if Dallas can win out, and the Falcons go 9 - 7, they may squeak into the playoffs, if Detroit also loses a game. Or they can make it in at 9 - 7 with beating Seattle, the Falcons losing out, and Detroit losing wk 17 to the Packers. These are some obviously pretty big ifs, since Seattle isn't going to be a pushover, Philly may actually have HFA to play for, and the Falcons may get to 10 wins, and Detroit may beat the Packers. Primarily though all the Cowboys' hopes hinge on the Falcons going 1 - 2 over the stretch of @Tampa, @New Orleans, Carolina, which seems at least possible.

edit: The unlikely scenarios of either the Rams or Saints falling to the Wildcard at 10 - 6 are very simple for the Cowboys. The Cowboys lost to the Rams and would lose that tiebreaker. A Saints team that lost out would have 5 conference losses and a Cowboys' team that won out would be 8 - 4 in the NFC, so they would take that tiebreak. If the Panthers lose out they'll be 6 - 6 in the Conference, so a Cowboys team that won out would also take the tiebreak from the Panthers--meaning the Cowboys could theoretically end up as the #5 seed in certain extremely unlikely scenarios.

grah fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 18, 2017

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

It would just be really comical if we fell into the wc Romo style

Its like poetry it rhymes

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Cowboys are #1:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/942785361058680832

Lol Dan Snyder you cheap gently caress.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

NotWearingPants posted:

Cowboys are #1:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/942785361058680832

Lol Dan Snyder you cheap gently caress.

I want this to be a whole article with pictures next year. It’s too funny to be just a list.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I want this to be a whole article with pictures next year. It’s too funny to be just a list.
More so if it shits on Washington because life should not stop doing so. Least until the owner leaves/dies.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Also I fear a Foles injury more than Foles not having enough reps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR11WxZbHFI

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 19, 2017

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I'd start him for a half in a meaningless week 17, just to make sure he isn't getting two weeks without in-game reps before their first playoff game, but yeah: With his propensity—be it intentional or accidental—for standing in the pocket and getting absolutely rocked, it'd be best for the team if he got the most he could out of these games while ducking out the moment he's able.

The biggest 'if' right now is the defense. Can they get their poo poo together? Because the past three weeks have been disastrous. If they can pull it together, all Foles has to do is play competently—and he's shown he's capable of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Shinjobi posted:

A chance at the playoffs or a chance to fire Jason Garrett?

That stupid Raiders win preserves Garret’s chances.

• Locked thread