Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

BrianWilly posted:

Alternatively, cast Miles Teller as the Maker :v:

drat that would be perfect casting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I liked the Crossover arc of Ultimate F4 very much.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Millar writes a solid Fantastic Four. People tend to forget the reverence he has for them and Superman. He's Grant Morrison if Grant used his powers only for profit. "Maybe, for once, we could try to be kind." becomes "This is my face when I'm loving you in the rear end!"

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017
Warren Ellis did most of the ground work for Ultimate F4. Millar and Bendis only wrote the first arc. Then Millar came back for 12 issues but that was way later.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joseph Kahn's pre-production stuff for his canceled version of Justice League Dark, character designs with who he was looking to cast in the roles.
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942179249473011712
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942179742299467776
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942180049997914113
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942180145556725760
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942180261969534976

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That Zatanna design looks like something​ straight out of Suicide Squad 2.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

That Zatanna design looks like something​ straight out of Suicide Squad 2.

Not only that but iirc the original casting call for Zatanna was specifically looking for women of color and this MF just drew a slightly browned up Natalie Dorner.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Glad that movie was cancelled after looking at those.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

it says right at the top those are pitches he made, not any official work. He was never attached, he was trying to get hired to replace Del Toro.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Isnt zantana italian or greek?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Isnt zantana italian or greek?

Del Toro was gonna racebend which is awesome. What's not awesome is Kahn (who already has a history of being a shithead w/r/t race) attempting to come in and taking away a great opportunity away from actresses of color.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

it says right at the top those are pitches he made, not any official work. He was never attached, he was trying to get hired to replace Del Toro.

Glad the music video man didn't turn the Justice League into extras in a Taylor Swift video tbh.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Koalas March posted:

Del Toro was gonna racebend which is awesome. What's not awesome is Kahn (who already has a history of being a shithead w/r/t race) coming in and taking away a great opportunity away from actresses of color.

Is he? I have no idea.

The only one i care about is constantine being british. Cast idris elba!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That Deadman looks like a rejected design from Doom 3

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zatanna's not even human.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I like the deadman. He has been drawn like that quiet a bit in modern times.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Yeah, that Deadman is easily the best of those designs.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
My complaint with the Jason Blood is he looks businessman. He needs to look college professor. Blood is supposed to be an academic.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

That Swamp Thing looks like Nemesis from Resident Evil

Koalas March posted:

Not only that but iirc the original casting call for Zatanna was specifically looking for women of color and this MF just drew a slightly browned up Natalie Dorner.

Do Zatanna as Rihanna's goth look imo

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Just go one step further and cast Rihanna, it even rhymes.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

Do Zatanna as Rihanna's goth look imo

Chill Penguin posted:

Just go one step further and cast Rihanna, it even rhymes.

That would be amazing!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Koalas March posted:

I saw that and was "is that a brownface Natalie Dormer? wtf?"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Joseph Kahn's pre-production stuff for his canceled version of Justice League Dark, character designs with who he was looking to cast in the roles.
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942179742299467776

I don't know if this is who's supposed to be in that art, but I would be totally down with Tim Roth as Constantine.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's clearly Dan Stevens. I'd rather have him as Legion.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Koalas March posted:

A lot of folks on social media had mentioned Eiza Gonzalez as Zatanna before. There were a string of tweets from her liking Zatanna related stuff and her following Geoff Johns that fueled speculation a little while ago. I've only ever seen her act in Baby Driver and she was alright. She's in the upcoming Battle Angel movie.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rihanna had a burlesque routine in Valerian this summer where for a portion of it she was basically dressed as Zatanna

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

X-O posted:

That's clearly Dan Stevens. I'd rather have him as Legion.

Never heard of the guy. Looked at his work on Wikipedia and I've never seen anything he's been in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jamesman posted:

Never heard of the guy. Looked at his work on Wikipedia and I've never seen anything he's been in.

You really should watch Legion. I put it off for months, and then binged it over the American Thanksgiving weekend.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

muscles like this! posted:

Jesus, what an eyesore.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jamesman posted:

The Guest is pretty fantastic.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
That Zatanna looks like Natalie Dormer wearing Olivia Munn.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The Guest is pretty fantastic.

It's the best What If..? film we're likely to get, despite not being an actual official Marvel film.

What if...Captain America was loving mental and Nick Fury led a SHIELD squad to kill him?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teagone posted:

A lot of folks on social media had mentioned Eiza Gonzalez as Zatanna before. There were a string of tweets from her liking Zatanna related stuff and her following Geoff Johns that fueled speculation a little while ago. I've only ever seen her act in Baby Driver and she was alright. She's in the upcoming Battle Angel movie.

SHe's incredible and now I'm bummed that this didn't happen.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Armie Hammer as Constantine please.

Also Armie Hammer as Deadman. And Swamp Thing.

Also as Zatanna.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just realized that now they can do a proper Rogue storyline because they could have her drain Carol's powers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

SHe's incredible and now I'm bummed that this didn't happen.

They haven't cast it, we don't know if it happened or not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

They haven't cast it, we don't know if it happened or not.

I thought the whole film got poo poo canned! I'm happy to have misunderstood. But she IS incredible and I adored her in Baby Driver and the shockingly watchable From DUsk til Dawn series.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I thought the whole film got poo poo canned! I'm happy to have misunderstood. But she IS incredible and I adored her in Baby Driver and the shockingly watchable From DUsk til Dawn series.

She is so good in From Dusk Til Dawn. She'd kick rear end as Zatanna for sure.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

twistedmentat posted:

I just realized that now they can do a proper Rogue storyline because they could have her drain Carol's powers.

Maybe when Larson wants out of her contract 10 years from now but I doubt they'll wait that long to bring her in (as much as I'd love to see classic 90s Rogue on the big screen). Maybe she can comatize some other mutant with a similar power set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, I've heard she's really good in the From Dusk Til Dawn TV series. I should probably check that out since I love the movie so much.

[edit] I googled Eiza Gonzalez Tophat and this came up in the image results. :stwoon:

• Locked thread